Author Topic: Amazing Race applications and casting calls: TAR 19 up on p 4!!!  (Read 165911 times)

Offline wattage

• RFF Newbie
Re: Amazing Race applications and casting calls: TAR 19 up on p 4!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 08:35:51 AM »
I thought I'd tell you all about our experience at the casting call. But first, a question...does anyone have a sense of how long (if lucky enough) until you hear back from producers about an interview? Just curious.

The event in Lewisville, TX (just north of Dallas) started at 8:30 AM. We got there at 7:30, and we were the 117th team in line. It seemed discouraging but once you started meeting other teams and talking, the time went by relatively quickly. There were three rooms for the videotaping. No questions, no interviews...just videotaping. First there was someone to ensure you had everything that you were supposed to bring. Then you waited in a holding area until your number was called. You get into yet another line, then finally are taken into a private room for the videotaping. Being team # 117, we finished and left at 11:45 AM, so all told we waited in line for just over 3 hours. And there were many teams behind us. I estimate the total number of teams at around 250-300.

It was fascinating, but not informational. We really didn't get any more information about the entire casting process than what we knew beforehand.

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 01:12:57 AM »
I thought I'd tell you all about our experience at the casting call. But first, a question...does anyone have a sense of how long (if lucky enough) until you hear back from producers about an interview? Just curious.

The event in Lewisville, TX (just north of Dallas) started at 8:30 AM. We got there at 7:30, and we were the 117th team in line. It seemed discouraging but once you started meeting other teams and talking, the time went by relatively quickly. There were three rooms for the videotaping. No questions, no interviews...just videotaping. First there was someone to ensure you had everything that you were supposed to bring. Then you waited in a holding area until your number was called. You get into yet another line, then finally are taken into a private room for the videotaping. Being team # 117, we finished and left at 11:45 AM, so all told we waited in line for just over 3 hours. And there were many teams behind us. I estimate the total number of teams at around 250-300.

It was fascinating, but not informational. We really didn't get any more information about the entire casting process than what we knew beforehand.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate it and good luck!

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 04:31:30 PM »
http://wcbstv.com/contests/amazing.race.4.1115735.html

Not sure if this was posted!

Woah, woah woah

Quote from: Same link
Important Casting Call Information:

* You must be 18 years of age

Did the race just lower the age limit?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 05:38:51 PM »
http://wcbstv.com/contests/amazing.race.4.1115735.html

Not sure if this was posted!

Woah, woah woah

Quote from: Same link
Important Casting Call Information:

* You must be 18 years of age

Did the race just lower the age limit?

I saw that too!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »
That is an error I believe, the official eligibility requirements still clearly say that BOTH team members need to be 21 or older.

I saw that, but the eligibility requirements haven't been edited to say 18....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 07:05:47 AM »
WILL THE AMAZING RACE ASIA LOWER THE AGE LIMIT TO 18 TOO IF IT'S TRUE? :casey :casey :casey

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 01:04:24 AM »
That is an error I believe, the official eligibility requirements still clearly say that BOTH team members need to be 21 or older.

Okay..thanks for the update!!!

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »
SPEIDI for TAR 16! lol  :neener:

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 04:19:09 PM »

Offline tricolwan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 07:58:25 PM »
 First Post in these forums. I mailed my application/dvd in for the Amazing race 15 and have heard nothing back. I am interested in going to the NY casting call on Monday the 24th. Am I eligible to go or would it be a waste of my time, considering I have already applied/sent in a video, since I am not applying with a new person on the team (i.e. it is the same exact team I applied with for the amazing race 15). Should I make the trip or not??

Thanks!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 08:52:26 PM »
:welcome: to RFF tricolwan!!

I have never once  heard of someone being turned away because they had previously applied. So I would go....BUT try to show them something new and fresh...don't just repeat what you did on your first DVD. Remember that they are looking for the RELATIONSHIP between you and your partner, so the two of you need to show whatever it is that makes you different from the thousands of other friends/couples/family members that are also applying. Let them see that spark, hear about your "hook", see how the two of you relate. That's what they seem to be after...NOT how many languages you know or what a great traveler you already are.

And be sure to take a thoughtfully already filled out TAR 16 application with you, I hear that they really do read those closely.

Good luck!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »
First Post in these forums. I mailed my application/dvd in for the Amazing race 15 and have heard nothing back. I am interested in going to the NY casting call on Monday the 24th. Am I eligible to go or would it be a waste of my time, considering I have already applied/sent in a video, since I am not applying with a new person on the team (i.e. it is the same exact team I applied with for the amazing race 15). Should I make the trip or not??

Thanks!

Good luck and I wish you well. I hope you make it!

Offline tricolwan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »
Thanks for the responses. no responses to my question on the actual amazing race boards.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »
You are very welcome! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 12:11:59 PM »

:tup:  good luck, wattage!   Maybe you can spot yourself in this video someone made of the casting call at Bankston Honda, Lewisville, TX.   :snicker:

casting call video, Aug. 1

...maybe a sneak peak of future racers...  :lol:

Offline beau_30

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • STEWIE GRIFFIN FOR 2008!!
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2009, 02:36:54 PM »
Any Georgia RFF people here is your chance

Casting Call: This Saturday! If you are in the Columbus, GA area we are holding a casting call this Saturday (Aug. 29th) from 4-6pm EST. Info is as follows: WRBL News 3 - The 1000 Block of Broadway Street in Uptown Columbus, Columbus, GA 31901 - Station Contact (706) 323-3333. See you there

Saw it on twitter and facebook.

Good luck. If they hit Baltimore, MD again I will definately try to make it for a try out.
"The only Thing to Fear, Is Fear Itself"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2009, 02:48:44 PM »
Heee...I should go and lurk.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 09:06:12 PM »
Heee...I should go and lurk.

Did you go and lurk???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 09:54:44 PM »
No...duty called! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2009, 08:04:39 PM »

realy darn i have one more birthday  me and my firend would be pefer will be team autism

Offline tricolwan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »
I applied in the NYC open casting call on the 24th. I know it is a long shot but any idea when they would start calling people from the open casting calls??

Offline jaspy7

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »
Hi,

Quick question for all of you. A few weeks ago I applied to the Amazing Race 16. I opened the eligibility requirements PDF and it said "Currently there is no deadline for applications...." So my girlfriend and I sent our tape/application in.

Today I was just cruising around the net and saw on a few message boards that July 10th was the application deadline. What do you all think? Did they open back up the application process? The Eligibility Requirements PDF still says "No deadline.." Or is this just a mistake. I know as of last week they still had open auditions so maybe they are still accepting mail ins

Thanks!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »
My GUESS would be that you are fine. They have recently gone to a no deadline thing on the PDF's which is new last season and this. I think that perhaps they are having "open" casting...if they love you, they will make it work. I know that in season 14, they had a couple of separate groups of semi-finalists apparently, so who really knows? :lol:

Good luck!! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 08:52:50 PM »
Good luck.