The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri NEWS

<< < (13/13)

georgiapeach:
Featuring panels with Hollywood's biggest names and potential 2015 Emmy(R) nominees..... the first seven episodes of the series will begin premiering Sunday, August 2nd at 11:00 a.m. ET/PT. They will air weekly in the lead up to the 2015 Emmy(R) Awards on Sunday, September 20th. ...The panels present the guests' thoughtful, candid and often hilarious (and sometimes off-color) conversations about the entertainment industry today.

The first half of season one of "Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter" will premiere as follows:

#7. Sunday, September 13th: Reality Mark Burnett (Survivor, Shark Tank, The Voice) Julie Chen (Big Brother) Cat Deeley (So You Think You Can Dance) Nigel Lythgoe (So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol) Craig Piligian (The Ultimate Fighter) Bertram Van Munster (The Amazing Race)

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Lena-Dunham-More-Set-for-Sundance-TVs-New-Series-CLOSE-UP-WITH-THE-HOLLYWOOD-REPORTER-20150702#

georgiapeach:
New Interview!

Mansha Daswani  2 days ago   

https://worldscreen.com/tvformats/bertram-van-munster-2019-09/

Ahead of jetting off to a “very remote place” as he plots his new National Geographic series Race to the Center of the Earth, Bertram van Munster, co-creator of The Amazing Race, talks to TV Formats about the long-running franchise and its enduring appeal in the U.S. and across the globe.

TV FORMATS: Twitter didn’t exist when the series premiered in 2001. How has social media changed how you make the show?
VAN MUNSTER: When we started, we wanted to keep everything a secret. That turned out to be impossible! You can’t yell at people in an airport and say, don’t take a picture of my cast! My lightbulb went on and [I realized], we have a diamond in the attic and nobody gets to see it. Why don’t we let it all out in the open? Then we can take advantage of social media. [In season 25] we started in Times Square in New York—you can’t be more in the center of the universe than in Times Square. There were hundreds and hundreds of people taking pictures, which were all over social media. It worked! We went from keeping things a major secret to putting things out in the open, and it’s just been much more effective. We take full advantage of social media wherever possible. And they take advantage of us. It’s a good marriage.

Leafsfan.:
Very interesting interview with BVM, Phil and ED.

-BVM says "many times" multiple editions have run into one other while filming
-BVM says "they have been to most of the stans" and proceeds to list of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, neither of which has been visited  :lol:
-ED confirms TAR19 Laos leg was moved to Thailand.
-BVM says Sri Lanka was cancelled and replaced with the "Emirates", I'd suspect this was for 31?
-33 had perhaps Austria, Vietnam, "South America" on the route, as per BVM

and more!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/amazing-race-paley-front-row-132301080.html

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on October 20, 2020, 05:45:46 PM ---Very interesting interview with BVM, Phil and ED.

-BVM says "many times" multiple editions have run into one other while filming
-BVM says "they have been to most of the stans" and proceeds to list of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, neither of which has been visited  :lol:
-ED confirms TAR19 Laos leg was moved to Thailand.
-BVM says Sri Lanka was cancelled and replaced with the "Emirates", I'd suspect this was for 31?
-33 had perhaps Austria, Vietnam, "South America" on the route, as per BVM

and more!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/amazing-race-paley-front-row-132301080.html

--- End quote ---
They were probably doing some site scouting in Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, but decided not to run with it.

georgiapeach:
I think we had some answers in spoilers.. I think there may have been something going on in Sri Lanka...riots or weather maybe? Will need to look back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version