Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1561515 times)

Online Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
Leg 1: San Francisco,USA --> Georgetown,Guyana
Leg 2: Guyana --> Paramaribo,Suriname
Leg 3: Suriname --> Tenerife,Spain
Leg 4: Spain --> Algiers,Algeria
Leg 5: Algiers --> Setif,Algeria
Leg 6: Algieria --> Sarajevo,Bosnia-Herzegovina
Leg 7: Bosnia-Herzegovina --> Skopje,North Macedonia
Leg 8: North Macedonia --> Samarqand, Uzbekistan
Leg 9: Uzbekistan --> Dushanbe,Tajikistan
Leg 10: Tajikistan --> Kathmandu,Nepal
Leg 11: Nepal --> Bandar Seri Begawen,Brunei
Leg 12: Brunei --> Koror,Palau
Leg 13: Palau --> Saipan,Northern Mariana Islands --> Wall Street,NYC,USA

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
Felt quite bored from trying to binge watch the recent seasons, here's where I'm hoping for them to go:

1. A full leg in Kyoto - having a roadblock of kintsugi - repainting and remaking a broken tea cup, pounding rice and making mochi, as well as dressing a team member up as a geisha or a traditional Japanese guy, row boats across Sagano, and even head to Amanohasidate.
2. Revisit Da Nang and Hoi An - have them carry paper lanterns, or design some, have them make their own bikes - or bamboo bikes or what not, and make them again use those traditional boats.
3. A long overdue visit to Cape Town - while there are reasons as to why TAR might be skipping it since S7, I don't know why they have to skip this - a lot of tasks can be easily done, from traditional African dances, to wine tasting/making and even safari style legs which require teams to spot animals.
4. Melbourne and Hobart - again, another set of places they haven't visited at all since the start of the American series
5. Chongqing and Sichuan, China - China might be difficult given geopolitical tensions, but it would be gold to see teams binging on numbing hot pot spices similar to other food challenges done before.
6. Turkey - Fairy Mountains
7. Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia and Bulgaria - as countries closest to somewhat a Russian-esque style of Europe.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
After tonight's episode, I would like to say that I need or even prefer to see a finale leg that isn't hosted entirely in a large metropolitan area, even a smaller city-town to avoid hometown or transplant advantages as much as possible. I feel like the last time we had some instance of this was TAR27 with Long Island or TAR23 with Juneau. I understand it's not as cost-effective to start somewhere away from an international airport, but it would be awesome to see a city out of left field again or even more frequently.

My hopes:
Santa Fe & Taos, New Mexico
Grand Junction or Aspen, Colorado
Reno, Nevada and Lake Tahoe
Yuma, Arizona to El Centro, California
Monterey, California
Madison, Wisconsin
Panama City Beach, Florida
Dubuque, Iowa
Palm Springs, California (Surprised we haven't had a finale in this area or even Austin or Houston for that matter yet, but I know we've started here.)
El Paso, Texas
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
New country wishlist for TAR US by continent.

North America: Guatemala
South America: Suriname
Europe: Albania
Asia: Nepal
Africa: Rwanda
Oceania: Fiji

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
After tonight's episode, I would like to say that I need or even prefer to see a finale leg that isn't hosted entirely in a large metropolitan area, even a smaller city-town
I, for one, would love to suggest the Oregon Coast:

Inspiration taken from https://wanderlist.atlasobscura.com/location/oregon

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
After tonight's episode, I would like to say that I need or even prefer to see a finale leg that isn't hosted entirely in a large metropolitan area, even a smaller city-town to avoid hometown or transplant advantages as much as possible. I feel like the last time we had some instance of this was TAR27 with Long Island or TAR23 with Juneau. I understand it's not as cost-effective to start somewhere away from an international airport, but it would be awesome to see a city out of left field again or even more frequently.

My hopes:
Monterey, California
Madison, Wisconsin
Dubuque, Iowa
Palm Springs, California (Surprised we haven't had a finale in this area or even Austin or Houston for that matter yet, but I know we've started here.)
El Paso, Texas

Though they would fly into a metropolitan area, I have been hoping for a Phoenix finale in the self driving finale area where they can drive throughout the desert

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member

My hopes:
Monterey, California
Madison, Wisconsin
Dubuque, Iowa
El Paso, Texas

Though they would fly into a metropolitan area, I have been hoping for a Phoenix finale in the self driving finale area where they can drive throughout the desert

I know people keep throwing around a Phoenix finale but I honestly doubt it. The city itself is quite boring with not much to make a leg out of, and any sort of ‘desert nature’ leg would take teams pretty far out of town
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Here’s a semi realistic route for season 37:

Starting Line: Los Angeles (of course)
Leg 1: Jakarta, Indonesia (despite how many times we’ve been to Indonesia we’ve never had an urban Jakarta leg)
Leg 2: Serang, Cilegon and Ujung Kulon National Park (this leg could focus on the beauty of Banten Province. If budget permits they could do a flyover of Krakatoa, which is right off the west coast of Java)
Leg 3: Broome, Australia
Leg 4: Perth, Australia (could also visit Fremantle &/or Rottnest)
Legs 5 & 6: Mauritius (would love to see a revisit in HD)
Legs 7 & 8: Cape Town, South Africa (It's crazy to think that one of the most beautiful places on the planet was only visited in a single leg over 20 years ago)
Leg 9: Libreville, Gabon
Leg 10: Tunis, Tunisia (this would shatter Uruguay's record for longest break in between visits)
Leg 11: Cardiff, Wales
Leg 12: Pick your favorite final destination city since teams could take a train to Heathrow and potentially fly anywhere. Let's get weird and say Milwaukee

27,000 miles, five continents, eight countries, and 6 legs in Africa
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!

My hopes:
Monterey, California
Madison, Wisconsin
Dubuque, Iowa
El Paso, Texas

I know people keep throwing around a Phoenix finale but I honestly doubt it. The city itself is quite boring with not much to make a leg out of, and any sort of ‘desert nature’ leg would take teams pretty far out of town
Also another reason why I would like to see more regional finales over a huge metro. I would appreciate a full and well-thought-out Phoenix finale, but I'm more interested in curveball cities like teams ending up in Tucson (you could make two legs worth of great tasks here honestly) or Sedona since the final 3 teams can be thrown for a loop more easily. Arizona has plenty of places that can host awesomely unique tasks with stellar vibes, the leg just doesn't necessarily need to take place entirely in its most popular area.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)