Author Topic: "The Apprentice"  (Read 75563 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: "The Apprentice" will return
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2008, 11:00:36 PM »
Mark Burnett comenting in yesterday's New York Post on the casting of Omarosa for Celebrity Apprentice:

"Omarosa was someone I was on the fence about, but Trump said she was gonna be great . . . and he was completely right. She delivered and created incredible conflict. And if you haven't got conflict, you don't have a reality show."

Now you know for sure why that great celebrity Omarosa was on the show.

:wohoo: :lol3:  Yeah Mark Burnett! 
The show would've been borrrinnng without 'O'.

As far as Piers...he's a good businessman but so arrogant and rude.  He can't keep his mouth shut even when The Donald is talking. 

And of course, you know I'm rooting for Trace all the way.  He may not be as good a businessman, but he's humble and polite.  He's sweet.  Like me. :lol:   

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »

He's sweet.  Like me. :lol: 

:lol: You are absolutely adorable RudyRules
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 12:26:40 AM by ca bb fan »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2008, 02:21:02 AM »
 :-[ 

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2008, 01:30:13 PM »
Rudy Rules, to quote you
Trace may not be as good a businessman, but he's humble and polite.  He's sweet.  Like me.

At least you are not wanting us to believe that you are humble, polite and sweet. Your skills as a business person are beyond the scope of this thread.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2008, 01:31:48 PM »
All Celebrity Apprentice fans are forewarned that the Finale is a 2 hour show thursday from 9pm EDT to 11pm.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2008, 05:58:51 PM »
All Celebrity Apprentice fans are forewarned that the Finale is a 2 hour show thursday from 9pm EDT to 11pm.

Thank you for the forewarning you now know where I will be on Thursday from 9-11pm.  :wohoo:  :lol3:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2008, 02:50:12 AM »
Rudy Rules, to quote you
Trace may not be as good a businessman, but he's humble and polite.  He's sweet.  Like me.

At least you are not wanting us to believe that you are humble, polite and sweet. Your skills as a business person are beyond the scope of this thread.
:angel:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2008, 07:24:44 AM »
I will say that Trace is determined and highly motivated. I really don't know how much he hates Piers. There definitely is a clash of cultures there. What I do know is that Trace wants to win because the charity he represents, the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network, is one to which he is totally dedicated because of his young daughter. Trace does not need to win for the ego value (unlike Piers). It will be interesting. One factor to consider is that I am certain that Donald Trump likes Trace as a human being much more than Piers, so if the "results"(because this will be a subjective measurement) are close then who the Donald likes will win. The fact that Donald likes Trace more and Trace has won no money so far cold be the tie-breaker at that point.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2008, 09:15:22 AM »
I think Trace will do a great job and I hope he wins.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2008, 03:47:16 PM »
Solely based on performance thus far Piers has been bending over backwards to win each challenge. I have never observed Piers to sitting one out and letting his teammates do his work while he sits back and takes a breather. Piers is highly motivated creative brings an incredible enthusiasm to every challenge leading to all his team winnings. Piers is the biggest money maker because he has stepped forward in all his challenges. Is he a prick, sure. But that did not get in the way of his outstanding performance.

Trace is sweet and nice I totally agree with everyone on that one. But funny how all I can recall about Trace performance wise, the only thing that stands out to me is Trace posing shirtless with a guitar. I don’t recall Trace coming up with any bright ideas, thinking outside the box and having lead his team in a challenge. They were picked off one by one.

Now if Donald likes Trace because he’s nice and Donald wants to Trace to win The Apprentice and not base it on past performance. We’ll, I’ve said it before in the business world it’s not always fair but it can be a matter of personal preference.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:52:16 PM by ca bb fan »

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2008, 05:24:52 PM »
Solely based on performance thus far Piers has been bending over backwards to win each challenge. I have never observed Piers to sitting one out and letting his teammates do his work while he sits back and takes a breather. Piers is highly motivated creative brings an incredible enthusiasm to every challenge leading to all his team winnings. Piers is the biggest money maker because he has stepped forward in all his challenges. Is he a prick, sure. But that did not get in the way of his outstanding performance.

Trace is sweet and nice I totally agree with everyone on that one. But funny how all I can recall about Trace performance wise, the only thing that stands out to me is Trace posing shirtless with a guitar. I don’t recall Trace coming up with any bright ideas, thinking outside the box and having lead his team in a challenge. They were picked off one by one.

Now if Donald likes Trace because he’s nice and Donald wants to Trace to win The Apprentice and not base it on past performance. We’ll, I’ve said it before in the business world it’s not always fair but it can be a matter of personal preference.

cabbfan I couldn't have said that any better myself so thank you for doing all the typing for me  :lol3:  Performance wise you could always see Piers shine, personality wise well not so much.  Good job well done  :roses:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2008, 06:57:23 PM »
To quote myself, Trace Adkins  "has been a Project Manager only once and he lost, but he was not viewed as the cause. He was the reason why his team won many times, either due to his modeling or due to the interesting concepts that he developed into the winning ideas. He has the complete respect of all his teammates and of Donald Trump. He also has many friends that he has called on to make charitable donations to support Trace's team. He is smart, savvy, tough, and very sexy to women."

I have gone back and tried to identify those situations where Trace demonstrated leadership of his team without being its Project Manager. There were many:

the voice of the commercial for Pedigree Pet Adoption
Vera Wang - the concept of Great Lovers in History
Carriage Rides in Central Park(he was the losing Project Manager but nobody on his team was fired because they did such a good job;this was the famous Piers/Omarosa meltdown)
QVC - he did the on air segment with no rehearsal and was totally smooth and appealing; would you buy a sweeper from this man? many women would and did
Redbook/Dial - he was on the losing team but did a super job as the cowboy model

I haven't even got all the early season incidents where he was a major contributor but the major action concerned other contestants. Point out to me any other contestant who has shown as much leadership as Trace. Other contestants have been 2 time or one time winning Project Managers, but I will state that nobody has made as significant contributions to the overall success of his teams as Trace.

EDITOR'S NOTE - Here's some extra things Trace accomplished:
came up with the winning slogan for a Crocs show campaign, and conceived the Cowboy Club sandwich

The Crocs campaign was a winner. Most people, especially me and Ivanka Trump, believe that the Cowboy Club sandwich design was a major reason Trace and Stephen lost the Quiznos sandwich challenge.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:48:29 PM by apskip »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »

Point out to me any other contestant who has shown as much leadership as Trace.

:lol: apskip I am not going to challenge you as I have far too much respect for your opinions and I believe we could argue to no end.

Mind you this would have been a welcomed challenge from me anyways as I know you would put up a great argument and knocked my socks off.

But thank you for going back and bringing to my attention some of Trace’s contributions that weigh in.

I have no doubt that Trace will win The Apprentice congrat’s to him.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »

Update The Celebrity Apprentice

Trace Adkins performs his latest single on the Finale that will go on sale at iTunes immediately following his performance.

Proceeds to benefit Adkins Charity.

Source: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=38690646

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2008, 09:07:35 AM »
I think it will come down to how well they do in this challenge and how well they work with their "helpers"  we know in the past a good project manager is only as good as his helpers.  If they fall and he does not see it or help then it is still his responsibility.

I have mixed feelings about Trace preforming.  I think it shows his commitment to perform at the chrity auction, I also think he will be a good draw as he is the typical cowboy.  BUT will Donald and the others think by him performing he is not managing the event.

I agree with you that Piers has always stepped up and tried to win every challenge.  The thing that will hurt him is people might not want to work with him.  I think it will come down to can he keep his cool.  When he is backed in a corner or frazzled is when he gets more negative.  You can be loud and abrasive without being negative.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »
I think it will come down to how well they do in this challenge and how well they work with their "helpers"  we know in the past a good project manager is only as good as his helpers.  If they fall and he does not see it or help then it is still his responsibility.

I have mixed feelings about Trace preforming.  I think it shows his commitment to perform at the chrity auction, I also think he will be a good draw as he is the typical cowboy.  BUT will Donald and the others think by him performing he is not managing the event.

I agree with you that Piers has always stepped up and tried to win every challenge.  The thing that will hurt him is people might not want to work with him.  I think it will come down to can he keep his cool.  When he is backed in a corner or frazzled is when he gets more negative.  You can be loud and abrasive without being negative.

:waves: Very well said, Texan.   Also appreciate comments by apskip & ca bb fan.  You all have made very valid points, and I respect each of you for being so perceptive and fair in your reasoning.  :tup: 

I'm, of course, a Trace fan and rooting for him!  He has done an awesome job...in a quiet yet effective way. 

The Donald is a fair businessman and will make the right decision. 
Whoever he picks, I will respect his choice even if it's Piers.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:48:31 PM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2008, 03:42:58 PM »

Update The Celebrity Apprentice

Trace Adkins performs his latest single on the Finale that will go on sale at iTunes immediately following his performance.

Proceeds to benefit Adkins Charity.

Source: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=38690646
:jumpy: :wohoo: Trace!! 

:ty3: :ty3: bunches for posting that wonderful photo, ca bb fan!!  :kuss: :hugs:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2008, 03:44:29 PM »

:waves: Very well said, Texan.  Also apskip & ca bb fan comments.  You all have valid points and I respect you all for being so perceptive and fair in your reasoning.  :tup: 

I'm, of course, a Trace fan and rooting for him!  He has done an awesome job...in a quiet yet effective way. 

The Donald is a fair businessman and will make the right decision. 
Whoever he picks, I will respect his choice even it's Piers.

And of course the best thing of all is the $$$ goes to charity and they both have wonderful charities that will benefit from the money raised so either way it will be a night of goosebumps because it's a win win situation.   :hearts:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2008, 04:02:47 PM »
 :ythat: rosesrred!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:  

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2008, 07:02:08 PM »

:jumpy: :wohoo: Trace!! 

:ty3: :ty3: bunches for posting that wonderful photo, ca bb fan!!  :kuss: :hugs:

:lol: He is a good looking cowboy, beautiful blue eyes  ;)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2008, 07:15:33 PM »
Yeah!  Love his singing too!  I wish he'd have a concert in my area.  Maybe the State Fair?  Wow, how awesome would that be! :wohoo:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2008, 07:16:38 PM »

And of course the best thing of all is the $$$ goes to charity and they both have wonderful charities that will benefit from the money raised so either way it will be a night of goosebumps because it's a win win situation.   :hearts:

rosesrred you are absolutely right.

These two men are great competitors with ultimately the same goal, raising money and awareness for charity :tup:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2008, 07:34:05 PM »

Yeah!  Love his singing too!  I wish he'd have a concert in my area.  Maybe the State Fair?  Wow, how awesome would that be! :wohoo:

:lol: yes he does sing very nice,  just for you RudyRules  :hugs:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »
Thank you ca bb fan. 
Now I wish it would play.  Since I have Dial Up instead of DSL, the players just buffer instead of play.  I have the latest flash player, etc, but it doesn't help.  Sorry.  But I do thank you for the sweet thought! :hugs:  :hugs: :hugs:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2008, 09:09:29 PM »
Thank you ca bb fan. 
Now I wish it would play.  Since I have Dial Up instead of DSL, the players just buffer instead of play.  I have the latest flash player, etc, but it doesn't help.  Sorry.  But I do thank you for the sweet thought! :hugs:  :hugs: :hugs:

:groan: okay we'll you can see him perform on Thursday and watch his myspace for any concert dates.