Author Topic: I've never watched this show before?  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Meadows317

• RFF Full Member
I've never watched this show before?
« on: August 17, 2006, 02:35:19 AM »
Other then American Idol and BB  I'm a reality tv Virgin..   Im thinking about watching it this season though;   but what actually happens do they just race to go to places? is there clues where they need to go to next,  any fighting!!   I love fighting :)

Help me out here  :hrt:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: I've never watched this show before?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 08:06:06 AM »
The Amazing Race is one of the best reality shows on TV.  You should definitely give it a try. 

Here's what the race is about.  They start with 11 teams of two (except season 8 had 10 teams of 4) and they get a clue to go to a foreign country.  The clue will tell them where exactly they need to go, and they find more clues.  The clues could lead them to a task they have to do or another city or country.  When all clues are found, the last clue will say, "Go to the Pit Stop, the last team who arrives will get eliminated".  The Host, Phil K, waits for them all to hop on the mat at the Pit Stop.  The last team who arrives is usually eliminated.  Sometimes they have non-elimination legs, in which the last team is not eliminated, but stripped of all their money and backpacks, and left with only the clothes on their backs. 

And yes, there is fighting!  People cut in lines at the airport, and they cut each other off on the highway, and the teammates sometime argue with each other. 

Offline valor boreal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • OS Race Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 12:04:21 PM »
I'll just add a couple of points.

Apart from the travelling, the main tasks of the legs are the detours and roadblocks. In a detour, a team has to choose between 2 tasks to complete. Often one will appear a lot easier, but the harder task will be less time consuming.

In a roadblock, 1 member from each team has to complete the task. A clue regarding the task is given at which point the teams have to choose which member will do the task.
If the race was to ever visit the Blue Mountains (unlikely given that Sydney has been visited before), a possible roadblock clue could be "Who takes things one step at a time?" A team would nominate which member would complete the task, and then get information saying that the task is counting the steps that go down the side of The Three Sisters. (There are more than 900 steps for anybody who's curious.)

As for fighting, there is often tension between teams concerning taxis. An example of this was in the last season when the teams pre-booked taxis and 1 of the teams called the taxi company and cancelled the cabs for 2 of the other teams.

Offline Aventus

• RFF Full Member
  • Jumping the shark?!.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 05:45:02 PM »
As for fighting, there is often tension between teams concerning taxis. An example of this was in the last season when the teams pre-booked taxis and 1 of the teams called the taxi company and cancelled the cabs for 2 of the other teams.
Although it is not allowed by the TAR regulament.... :meow:

And yes, I do recommend TAR, it's nerve breaking.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 05:51:16 PM »
Welcome Aventus from Brazil  :jumpy:

Offline Aventus

• RFF Full Member
  • Jumping the shark?!.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 05:58:25 PM »
Welcome Aventus from Brazil  :jumpy:
:lol:

thank you.
This time I intend to follow the show with you guys.