Author Topic: Why did -----win HOH? **Spoiler**  (Read 2675 times)

Offline kerri

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Janie Rocks!
Why did -----win HOH? **Spoiler**
« on: August 19, 2006, 08:44:08 AM »
strategically why did boogie win hoh and not throw it? it absolutely makes no sense to me from a strategic viewpoint. he could have thrown the hoh to janie, thus insuring that a big target stays in the house, which will keep the pressure off of him and will. what are the other reasons boogie should have thrown it to janie?

1. janie would have been forced to nominate two people; thus she would be making potential jury voters mad not boogie (he really has not realized that the jury votes do not look good for him)

2. him and will could be put on the block; but he could overthrow her and save himself so there is no real risk involved

3. he would not have revealed that he is capable of winning comps (now an hoh and a pov) again making him less of a target

4. if janie did put will or him up it wuold allow him to see who would have voted which way and thus be able to identify his big threats who then he puts up with the cdt (and would be able to justify it rightfully)

i just don't understand his strategy!!!! th eonly reason he didn't throw it was because of his male pride. getting rid of janie at this point in the game makes no sense as she is alone and has no power. i don't get it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 10:06:51 AM by puddin »

BB7

Re: Why did Boogie win HOH?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 08:58:38 AM »
You make some really good points!!

Maybe Boogie is not as smart as he seems.  Everyone keeps making fun of Erika and calling her Boogie's slut.  Well, maybe Boogie is Will's slut!?  Not sexually, of course, but falling into whatever Will wants him to do.

Will's a smart player.  I have to hand it to him.  In his first season of play, I didn't like him...although I had to acknoweldge that he was a smart player.  This time around, I LOVE him.  He's flying above the radar (not below it).  He has openly told everyone he'll lie to them.  He's openly told everyone he doesn't like them; that he's in it for the money.  Everyone thinks that he's not a threat because they know where he's coming from.  I think that's a brilliant strategy.  While everyone keeps picking each other apart trying to figure out who's alligned with who and who is trying to stab who in the back, Will just sits back and laughs.  And Boogie is sort of riding on Will's coat tails, don't you think?

Virgil

Re: Why did Boogie win HOH?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:40:49 AM »
It would seem that Boogie may have exposed himself but, it may not be a bad strategy. We have Danielle, Erika, Janelle, Will, Boogie, Chicken George and James left. My guess is Janelle is all alone will be evicted next unless, she wins POV or head of household again. What if Erika is aligned with Chill Town? Everyone thinks she is a floater and if Janelle were to be eliminated,
Chicken George will be next. That would leave Danielle, James, Will, Boogie and Erika. Now, Chilltown will have the numbers, 3 against 2 (assuming Danielle trusts James and vice versa). It may come out as Chilltown for the last 2 or maybe, Bookie and Erika will shaft Will in the end to keep the house to themselves!!!

Offline kerri

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Janie Rocks!
Re: Why did -----win HOH? **Spoiler**
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 10:22:30 AM »
i definately think boogie is planning on shafting will in the end (hence he wants to keep erika as his insurance)---but he also thinks that will will just give it to him in the end (which i highly doubt and would be so bummed about).

but say boogie puts up janie and james. janie at this point will not care enough to win it but james will (at this point he is not dumb enough to be a pawn again without fighting for it). a second pawn nom is definately going to freak james out. it will become very apparent to him that he is very low on the lod totem pole/pecking order and we all know how james gets then. james is also already peeved at will for throwing him under the bus to janie. so the next hoh would end up being crucial for ct. if james wins it i have no doubt that he will put up ct (this will make him look like a hero to those in sequester) because putting up cg or erika would be a waste. if dani wins it erika and cg go up and if one of them comes off will or boogie goes up. and my guess is that cg wins it ct goes up as well because they threatened him and made him do something he didn't want to do....this puts ct in a predicament for next week.

now if janie had won ct could use the threat of the power to get her to do what they want without any of the lash back. they could def convince her to put up james because she knows her threw her under the bus to cg. if anything went horribly wrong with janie's noms boogie could overthrow them and fix it for him and will. no harm, no foul. this way both will and boogie could compete in hoh next week giving them a better chance at the power when it will really be necessary.

Offline Cooper

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 12:37:18 PM »
strategically why did boogie win hoh and not throw it? it absolutely makes no sense to me from a strategic viewpoint. he could have thrown the hoh to janie, thus insuring that a big target stays in the house, which will keep the pressure off of him and will. what are the other reasons boogie should have thrown it to janie?

1. janie would have been forced to nominate two people; thus she would be making potential jury voters mad not boogie (he really has not realized that the jury votes do not look good for him)

2. him and will could be put on the block; but he could overthrow her and save himself so there is no real risk involved

3. he would not have revealed that he is capable of winning comps (now an hoh and a pov) again making him less of a target

4. if janie did put will or him up it wuold allow him to see who would have voted which way and thus be able to identify his big threats who then he puts up with the cdt (and would be able to justify it rightfully)

i just don't understand his strategy!!!! th eonly reason he didn't throw it was because of his male pride. getting rid of janie at this point in the game makes no sense as she is alone and has no power. i don't get it.

Just a thought but maybe Booger lost the coup d'etat power for revealing what it was when he was not supposed to ... that would explain why he wanted to win hoh.   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 01:26:13 PM »
MB just told Will he coulnd't risk not winning , he more or less knew Janie would be mad about Howie cuz they lied to her .

Offline kerri

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Janie Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 02:48:30 PM »
but if he had the cdt he could risk losing. so maybe he lost it before we thought he did. because that makes no sense. janie could have put him and will up for vengeance but he could have overthrown her and put up who he wanted.