Author Topic: Birmingham News: Taylor's Album and Book  (Read 3216 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Birmingham News: Taylor's Album and Book
« on: August 07, 2006, 05:29:56 AM »
http://thetaylorhickspage.com/2006/08/birmingham-news-article-on-taylor.html#links

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Birmingham News article on Taylor
This is one of the best articles on Taylor I've seen in a while.

A couple highlights:

Taylor says Nov 14th probably is not the release date of his album. I'm thinking he's not worried about whose album comes out first, he just wants his to be good.

Hicks is most forthcoming when the conversation turns to his next CD, which Arista has announced for release on Nov. 14.

"No. That's wrong," he says. "It's going to be hard to get it all done, just six weeks after the tour is over with. For me, quality wise, it's tough to push for an album so soon after this aggressive, 50-city tour."

On his book deal:
The Gray-Haired Guy also hints that he's been working on a book based on his personal journal and tour memorabilia.

"I've been keeping memories, making notes, taking photographs," he says. "People can take that and run with it."

On why his set is a little shorter:

"I feel like less is more on this tour," he says. "This show is not about me; it's about us. We're all offering a taste of what we can do. That's the mentality I have. People are not there to see me; they're there to have the experience we had on the (TV) how."

While I wish he was still doing Don't Let Me Down, I do admire his attitude about the tour, American Idol and the other contestants.

And last but not least - Did you know NY Yankee Bernie Williams is a musician and has released a jazz album? I didn't, but Taylor does and he might work with him.

"Bernie Williams is one of my favorite baseball players," Hicks says. "I could be sitting in with him soon, possibly."