Author Topic: wikipedia.org (possible spoiler)  (Read 4029 times)

Offline beccaluvswll

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • PAGING, PAGING, DR. DELICIOUS, DR. DELICIOUS
wikipedia.org (possible spoiler)
« on: August 06, 2006, 11:21:24 PM »
Okay well I saw this on wikipedia.org and I thought it was quite interesting?  what do you guys think?  is it just a mistake or looking too much into things?

On the Wikipedia.org article for Big Brother 7, there is a chart to the right side of the page showing the houseguests activity in the house (eg. HOH, Nominees, Veto, etc.) and a legend at the bottom of the chart that shows how to determine who has/is what. Usually, when two people are put into a light blue colour, they are the two nominees, as per the legend at the bottom of the chart. However, now that Janelle and James are nominated, the legend now shows that light blue refers to "Against Public Vote" instead of "Nominee". Does this mean that the two nominees will face a public vote this week?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: wikipedia.org (possible spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 12:09:50 AM »
Oh I wouldn't be surprised at all becca !  :jumpy:

Offline TannerB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 12:32:57 AM »
It would be very interesting but I think that BB got burned on that back in BB1 so I wouldn't expect them to do it again. That is why I like CBS with there reality shows. If they find something that people don't like THEY DON'T DO IT ANYMORE!!!
My own Pirate Masters is coming this summer only on Youtube.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 12:36:19 AM »
It would be very interesting but I think that BB got burned on that back in BB1 so I wouldn't expect them to do it again. That is why I like CBS with there reality shows. If they find something that people don't like THEY DON'T DO IT ANYMORE!!!
ummmm Survivor AllStars  and BB Allstars

Offline TannerB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 01:14:43 AM »
I personally liked Survivor All Stars. Especially the way they tried to take the sour taste out of your mouth with Amber winning by making Rupert Americas WINNER!!!

But that is for another forum let us move back to the Big Brother

kc

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 03:37:44 AM »
maybe they will do an "Americas Vote" once just so that CG doest feel that no part of his season was included.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 07:35:31 AM »
I say just have no HOH Competition and put everyone on the chopping block.  Then, let America vote someone out.  Of course, they could have the veto competition, and that winner will be exempt from the public vote.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 07:51:34 AM »
Okay well I saw this on wikipedia.org and I thought it was quite interesting?  what do you guys think?  is it just a mistake or looking too much into things?

On the Wikipedia.org article for Big Brother 7, there is a chart to the right side of the page showing the houseguests activity in the house (eg. HOH, Nominees, Veto, etc.) and a legend at the bottom of the chart that shows how to determine who has/is what. Usually, when two people are put into a light blue colour, they are the two nominees, as per the legend at the bottom of the chart. However, now that Janelle and James are nominated, the legend now shows that light blue refers to "Against Public Vote" instead of "Nominee". Does this mean that the two nominees will face a public vote this week?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,9131.525.html  :waves:

Posted the above yesterday in the chat section.  The site seems to be back to normal so not sure if someone was just messing around.  We have learned this week how easy Wik can be edited.

Stephen Colbert Causes Chaos on Wikipedia, Gets Blocked from Site

On Monday night's episode of The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert addressed the online resource Wikipedia, the encyclopedia that anyone can read or edit. Colbert praised Wikipedia for "wikiality," the reality that exists if you make something up and enough people agree with you - it becomes reality. Colbert's subsequent examples to prove "wikiality" would cause chaos on the site, and lead an administrator to subsequently block his account.

In the segment, Colbert logs on to the Wikipedia article about his show to find out whether he usually refers to Oregon as "California's Canada or Washington's Mexico." Upon learning that he has referred to Oregon as both, he demonstrates how easy it is to disregard both references and put in a completely new one (Oregon is Idaho's Portugal), declaring it "the opinion I've always held, you can look it up."

Colbert goes on to declare that he doesn't believe George Washington had slaves.

If I want to say he didn't that's my right, and now, thanks to Wikipedia *taps keyboard* it's also a fact.

Here's the fun part - Colbert actually did this. The Wikipedia articles on his show and George Washington were both edited by the user Stephencolbert to reflect the changes he declared on air as he tapped at his computer around 23:35 UTC - which is 6:35pm on the East Coast, during the taping of his show, hours before it aired.

It gets better.

Colbert then urged his audience to find the Wikipedia entry on elephants and create an entry that stated their population had tripled in the last six months, a fact he freely stated to not know if it was "actually true," with his sidebar stating "it isn't." Guess what happened next?

Scores of internet users took Colbert's bait, repeatedly vandalizing approximately 20 articles on elephants before all being placed under a lock. The move also subsequently caused Wikipedia administrator Tawker to block Stephen Colbert from the website, reportedly to verify his identity. Either Tawker is incapable of checking the above log times that corroborate Colbert, or, more likely, he just wants to be mentioned on Stephen's show (as evidenced by his notes on the block and blog entry).

All this trouble over a man who, as his user page noted, is a 'defender of truth.'
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »
The HG's have confirmed ..America is not voting for the winner . Thats what they were told  ..good guess though becca  :tup:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 04:09:58 PM »
To bad, it would be neat to see a small taste of the UK style. LOL Well, you know me. I still don't see why that never worked in America (the viewers voting them out I mean).
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 04:19:25 PM »
i could see us voting some time this year ~ for the nom or HOH or evicted

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 04:25:06 PM »
I do love the America's choice so far, and hope they keep it up. Even if it's not to evict someone, it's nice to have a say in what's going on in the house.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TannerB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 10:39:07 PM »
I do like Americas choice but they would never let the fans choose who gets eliminated again. Due to the fact that all the villians would leave and it wouldn't be as interesting with nothing but good guys.