Author Topic: Coup d'Etat HoH twist next week ? ( may contain spoilers )  (Read 13851 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Coup d'Etat HoH twist next week ? ( may contain spoilers )
« on: August 05, 2006, 12:22:39 PM »
Julie told us about an upcoming twist for next weeks HoH ..Coup d'Etat you can overthrow the HoH at a moment's notice.
Any thoughts on how this could change the game ?

Sounds like you need a history lesson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d%27Etat. Does anybody in the US get CNN International or BBC World?
Will they have this Coup d'Etat thing (a competition, maybe?) before or after the Veto comp. My guess is after. That way, Danielle won't choose the replacement nominee (if there is one).

And for those lazy enough to click the link by Jason, here's the main part of what a "Coup d'Etat" is:
-A coup d'État (pronounced /ku de'ta/), or simply a coup, is the sudden overthrow of a government through unconstitutional means by a part of the state establishment, that mostly replaces just the top power figures

I take french, so I automatically recognized this word when it came up. JUst to poke fun at Julie, she pronounced it wrong. You aren't supposed to pronounce the "p" in "coup", Julie!
I think it might be something that can be used in future weeks. I don't think they will be able to use it this week, but I could be wrong.
Heres last nights episode
8/3
Julie: this  HoH comp. will kick off a weeks worth of comps. that will find you making diffucult choices between power and temptation.

she tells us to tune in sunday , tuesday and next Thursday to see who will be evicted and so on will be here live ...~
Julie: plus in a BB first we'll introduce the " cou day ta " , this new twist will enable one person to over throw the HoH at a moments notice .
Excuse me if I got this wrong BUT------- wasn't the cou day ta involving the five eggs. One being a week off of eating slop, the second being the cou day ta being you could replace take someone off the block and replace them. The third being ten grand. The other two eggs were not bonuses.

SO guys what gives here, what about the damn eggs?

Karen
I thought that the eggs had nothing to do with this "Coup d'Etat" twist of fate. I don't know what the producers have behind their backs and up their sleeves, but it must be something...
Will they have this Coup d'Etat thing (a competition, maybe?) before or after the Veto comp.  My guess is after.  That way, Danielle won't choose the replacement nominee (if there is one).

And for those lazy enough to click the link by Jason, here's the main part of what a "Coup d'Etat" is:
-A coup d'État (pronounced /ku de'ta/), or simply a coup, is the sudden overthrow of a government through unconstitutional means by a part of the state establishment, that mostly replaces just the top power figures

I take french, so I automatically recognized this word when it came up.  JUst to poke fun at Julie, she pronounced it wrong.  You aren't supposed to pronounce the "p" in "coup", Julie!

I missed the show last night so I just watched it at CBS.com and in Julie's defense, she pronouced it correctly. You must have misheard her.
the coup has nothing to do with the eggs. if you got an egg you had a chance at 10,000, a week free of slop or the ability to eliminate one person's vote during eviction (james has it so say he is on the block this week and he knows kaysar will vote him out, he can they discount kaysar's vote).

the coup obviously was a tidbit to get us salAvating but we definately didn't get enough info. yes, a coup is an overthrow of an existing government...but what it means in the world of bb is anyone's guess (because it will change the game as we know it).

the big question for me is when it comes into play--this seems to be the big point of confusion. i think this week, other are saying next week (maybe i am just wishful that it is this week???).

anyways if it comes into play this week this is how i think it will work. dani nominates janie and james at the nomination ceremony and all but the s3 are happy. i think it has to happen after the nominations for dramatic effect and because of the scheduling--but again i could be off. then it will be announced that there will be this competition for the coup (they will have to let all hgs compete). there may be other things up for grabs as well such as money and the like. now say howie wins the coup--he can then overthrow dani. but what does that mean??? what power does that really give him. say how is hoh--that just means there is another guranteed s3 in the veto comp (and another one that can't go up). so janie wins and takes herself off the block and the power to nominate the new person goes to howie. can howie put up dani??? or is she safe??? (i would absolutely love to see that scenario play out!!!).

it just opens up so many questions. i mean what if one of the nominees wins the coup? can they take themselves off the block? also how will this effect the following weeks' hoh comp? say dani is overthrown? if she stays in the house can she compete the next week??? what about the person that replaces her?
the commercial i just heard was something about the most " powerful metal "
and kerri is right the Eggs have nothing to do with the " coup" .
maybe the veto can be used as long as they are in the house
Maybe this government overturn can let anyone (including nominees) take over as Head of Household. Then they can nominate whomever they feel like putting up.

That would be a sweet twist...
I don't know. I just don't think it's going to be this week. I think they will have a temptation comp where they are all seperated into diff rooms and get asked if they will do A for B or whatever to win money, food, etc... But, I just don't think the coup is this week.
I luv this idea.

Where is Jeffreysg tonight? Back on Exile Island :-\
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 02:49:58 PM by puddin »

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
Re: Coup d'Etat HoH twist next week ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 08:02:23 PM »
For those of you who dont know what a  Coup d'Etat is:
http://Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d'%C3%A9tat

It should be noted that Chenbot only said they would find out about this new twist next thurdday, she did not say when or how if would be decided.
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline Meadows317

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 01:51:06 AM »
I cant wait!  going to be a very interesting week

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »
LOL Meadows ..I can't wait to hear the details ..we shall see if its a good or bad thing depending on who your cheering for .

Offline Meadows317

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 02:43:25 AM »

:jumpy:

I'm not really cheering for anybody in particular..     They are interesting to watch.     And I cant help but to just gawk at James & Will..  :flirt: :flirt:

Offline beccaluvswll

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • PAGING, PAGING, DR. DELICIOUS, DR. DELICIOUS
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 11:28:51 PM »
With this Coup d' etat thing... hopefully it will be used this week to save sov.   i heard the it was the person who wins pov gets to pick who goes up in the place of who they are taking off.  Like lets say Janie got pov then she would get to pick who would go up in her place?  Does that make since?  If thats true, then she could pick someone that is not in her alliance... then boom sov would be safe again... YAHHHH :) hopefully, but i doubt it

Offline TannerB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 12:24:30 AM »
That would be awesome if they did that.
My own Pirate Masters is coming this summer only on Youtube.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
move
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 02:02:14 AM »
Last Thurs Julie Chen says: "PLUS...in a BB FIRST, we'll INTRODUCE the Coup d' Etat. This new twist will enable one person to overthrow the HOH at a moment's notice."

She doesn't say WHAT DAY or TIME it will be introduced.  She kind of left it wide open. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm speculating that it might be used on Thursday 8/10.

If it's used, I wonder what the process is...if eviction would even take place this thur?? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
move
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 02:12:25 AM »
 :'(

Saturday, 8/5: Award-winning chef Christopher Lee | $$ tips for married couples
Monday, 8/07: Actor Steve Carell on his new movie, “Little Miss Sunshine”
Tuesday, 8/08: Financial advice | Tips for cooking tomatoes
Wednesday, 8/09 Actress and model Heidi Klum | Daniel Powter performs
Thursday, 8/10: Tips for saving money on gas | Bobby Flay cooks
Friday, 8/11 Stars of new movie “Step Up” dance | 5th “Big Brother: All-Stars" evictee

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
move
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 02:29:11 AM »
Ok, so eviction does take place. Thanks puddin.  I'm just wondering if the Coup thing will be introduced before the actual eviction so that the current evictees might suddenly be changed!
That's what a coup is...a SUDDEN upheaval...without notice.  So if a coup were to take place at the beginning of the show, it would cause the HGs to really scramble.  

HOWEVER!  Since Thur is the Live show, I suppose it would be too complicated and time consuming to try to have it that night.  

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 08:39:15 AM »
should be interesting to see . . . challenge HOH at moments notice . . .  one person or the whole house?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 11:01:23 AM »
one person texan !! wishfull thinking it will happen before thursday  but i'll keep my hopes up !

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 11:03:50 AM »
yep and marcy will win it
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 11:20:55 AM »
 :lies: he wouldn't have the balls to win it !!

Offline TannerB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 01:08:21 PM »
I don't think it will be used this week. They would show us how the person got the almighty Coup d'Etat. I don't know about Marcellas winning or not stranger things have happened.

Offline beccaluvswll

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • PAGING, PAGING, DR. DELICIOUS, DR. DELICIOUS
Re: Coup d'Etat HoH twist next week ? ( may contain spoilers )
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 11:24:11 PM »
See I really think it will be used this week... CBS knows that Kaysar is 1/2 of the fan base of big brother.  on the cbs site.. he is the favorite houseguest  by aroud 50%.  CBS would loose soo many viewers if kaysar is gone?  the bb gods need to save kaysar

Offline TannerB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 11:39:32 PM »
I don't think it would kill the show if Kaysar left. People would want to keep watching to make sure Danielle and James get what is coming to them.

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 12:10:25 AM »
If Kaysar leaves I wont watch all 3 nights..will probably oly watch thursdays and drop feeds since I have them on a month to month basis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 12:14:55 AM »
roughly when Kaysar was evicted last season stats , you can see when the fans left

40493 << the day Kaysar was evicted

Offline Danna

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 01:34:37 AM »
roughly when Kaysar was evicted last season stats , you can see when the fans left

40493 << the day Kaysar was evicted

That's very interesting..... Where did these stats come from (I'm just curious)
Hopefully this Coup thing can save our Kaysar....

Offline TannerB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 02:03:30 AM »
If not they might just bring him back again.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 03:45:48 AM »
Last Thurs Julie Chen says: "PLUS...in a BB FIRST, we'll INTRODUCE the Coup d' Etat. This new twist will enable one person to overthrow the HOH at a moment's notice."
She doesn't say WHAT DAY or TIME it will be introduced.  She kind of left it wide open. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm speculating that it might be used on Thursday 8/10.
If it's used, I wonder what the process is...if eviction would even take place this thur?? 
Puddin, Thank you for moving my posts from the live feeds to here.  :hrt:  Later, it dawned on me I wasn't supposed to post in live feeds...& was gonna ask you to move them.  Sorry for posting there!  Guess I'm still used to being able to post in live feeds like we used to.

Re: Kaysar's popularity and losing viewers if he leaves this week, I agree that it would cause viewer loss. 
Cool if BB has plans to use the coup this week & hopefully it would save Kaysar.  Thing is...it's anyone's game.  No guarantee it would save him.  It might end up where the Coup doesn't help any of the Sovs at all!  :groan:

:hrt: :hugs: 

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 09:29:55 AM »
i do nto think they will use it to save Kaysar . .  as they announced it before the HOH was complete.  It may benefit kaysar if he can challenge her for HOH by putting up a floater. 

I am just curious how it will work.  i would love a way to keep both kay and james as I think this will be drama down the road.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 10:33:42 AM »
Danna at the bottom of the forum page ,Forum stats \more stats :)

And ........No problem Rudy  :jumpy:

bb6fan4eva

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 12:50:58 PM »
I think something has already happened since Dani's picture doesn't have the HOH symbol on it on the BB7 website. I hope it's a twist that would keep both the nominee's and maybe evict another one instead. That would rock! :woohoo: