Author Topic: Man ticketed, sent to detox for holding door open at Real World Denver house  (Read 2509 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
There’s been more overaggressive action against those who dare interact with The Real World Denver. Walking home after a night of drinking, a Westword newspaper staffer was ticketed and then sent to detox by Denver police after he held a gate open for a group of people at The Real World Denver house.

Matt Lawrence tells the paper that as he walked by, he saw “a young woman with a baby in both hands. The door is ajar, I grab hold of it to pull it open so they can leave.” That’s when an “off-duty uniformed Denver police officer doing security for the show … issued Lawrence a ticket for disturbing the peace” and sent him to detox. The police report says,

“As parties were exiting the residence, the RWD film crew was filming the parties. [Lawrence] made his way over to the gate as parties were exiting, took hold of the gate as exiting parties were opening it, and stood in amongst them, interrupting the filming. [Lawrence] then made his way up the block and was contacted.”

He’ll go to court August 9 and plead his case. Ironically, a Real World Denver cast member was sent to detox just a few weeks ago. Denver PD’s spokesman Sonny Jackson said, “He basically had been arguing with his girlfriend, then it continued on outside. They went ahead and called detox.”
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Well I am sure the film footage will show what happened . . .