Author Topic: Fox renews 'Hell's Kitchen' and 'So You Think You Can Dance'  (Read 4495 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Fox has announced that it has renewed its Hell's Kitchen and So You Think You Can Dance reality shows for another season.

Hell's Kitchen and So You Think You Can Dance -- which represent the only regular original programming Fox has aired so far this summer -- both premiered last summer and are currently airing their second seasons. Both have delivered solid ratings and propelled Fox into first place in the summer's Adults 18-49 ratings demographic.

While both shows have increased their ratings from last summer, So You Think You Can Dance (the American Idol-like reality dancing competition created by Idol's producers) has proven to be the bigger hit. After initially trailing behind NBC's America's Got Talent in the ratings race, last week's So You Think You Can Dance performance show ranked first in the week's Adults 18-49 rankings and fifth in total viewers and now tops the summer's overall Adults 18-49 rankings. While its 7.1 million overall viewers average isn't as impressive as the 9.5 million overall viewers that So You Think You Can Dance's performance and results shows have averaged this summer, last week's Hell's Kitchen broadcast finished second in the week's Adults 18-49 rankings.

Despite both shows' success in the significantly less watched summer television season, Fox has no plans to (like ABC did with last summer's Dancing with the Stars hit) make Hell's Kitchen or So You Think You Can Dance a part of its 2006-2007 midseason schedule -- instead, the third editions of both shows will air next summer. "These shows have been integral to our summer success, and we are excited to be bringing them back next season," said Fox President Peter Liguori.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
Re: Fox renews 'Hell's Kitchen' and 'So You Think You Can Dance'
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:21:12 PM »
I never watch Hell's Kitchen, but I am a big fan of So You Think You Can Dance!!!

Here's to another season!!!  :jam:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:50:59 AM »
I never watch Hell's Kitchen, but I am a big fan of So You Think You Can Dance!!!

Here's to another season!!!  :jam:

Heh.. I'm the opposite, I love Hell's Kitchen but never watch So you think you can dance.  :tup: I guess we balance it.  :hfive: 
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 12:32:45 PM »
i tried to watch an episode of hell's kitchen...found the red team very annoying...
and what is up with them sounding british when they answer him "yes chef" or whatever they say?!?!?!!

I heard that last night about so you think you can dance....excited!!! but as mentioned previously they need to chagne the format to allow two of the same sex remain in the end to be able to compete!!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 11:48:53 AM »
i tried to watch an episode of hell's kitchen...found the red team very annoying...
and what is up with them sounding british when they answer him "yes chef" or whatever they say?!?!?!!

I heard that last night about so you think you can dance....excited!!! but as mentioned previously they need to chagne the format to allow two of the same sex remain in the end to be able to compete!!

Apparently it is protocol to yell "Yes Chef" whenever the chef gives an order. Seems to be a military type thing. This year they separated the teams into men/women to begin with but I believe the final two will be Heather and Keith. Ramsey moved Heather over into the blue team because they were pathetic.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.