Author Topic: Julie Chen  (Read 6361 times)

devinelyjen

Julie Chen
« on: July 25, 2006, 02:52:04 PM »
Ok... so I LOVE the show... I'm obsessed... it's craziness.  However, the one thing I can't stand, is Julie Chen.  Is there anyone else out there who thinks she's really annoying?  I don't want to bad mouth people or anything, but she is one host of a show who really bothers me.  I think it would be a MUCH better show if they got someone entertaining to take her place...

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Julie Chen
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 02:58:28 PM »
I think it would be a MUCH better show if they got someone entertaining to take her place...

Let's have Regis Philbin say the famous, "But First"!  I could really see Regis as the host, but I doubt the ChenBot will leave the show as the host.  She's married to the President of CBS. 

Personally, I don't mind the ChenBot.  Sure she gets on my nerves sometimes, but she is a better host than any other Early Show host on CBS.

devinelyjen

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 03:03:07 PM »
I realize she'll never leave because of that, but I just find her so annoying.  I really like the other hosts of shows like Survivor and Amazing Race... I think they make it interesting... her, she just smiles and talks up a storm...

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 03:11:31 PM »
First of all, join our lovely forum and register, devinelyjen.  We'd love to see you around the boards!

Second, Phil only tells teams what place they've come in at the mat and that's what makes him so great.  Jeff just gets bitten by snakes off-camera and says, "Survivor's ready?  Go!" and that's what makes him so great.  Julie says, "But First." and acts so mellow-dramatic at times and that what makes her so great.  Each host has his/her own perks, (with the exception of the host from Treasure Hunters).  If they did get rid of the ChenBot mid-series, it'd be cancelled and we don't want that.  Look what happened to The Mole.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 03:17:35 PM »
I agree, Julie is annoying, but Jeff does good at getting info from the survivors at Tribal. Phil is great at describing the road blocks, but Julie, well, she is annoying a little I guess, but with BB being as good as it is, I don't care! LOL

Rob

Offline devinelyjen

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 03:29:42 PM »
Tis Done!  I am registered.  This is 100% off the topic, but how did you guys get the BB icons?  I want to put them everywhere!  I'm glad other people are as crazed about the show as me... all of my co-workers roll their eyes at me... which makes me want to slap them silly!!  :meow:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 03:41:09 PM »
Alot of people dis-like BB because of its "inhumanity of reality voyeuring".  I have alot of people I know that don't like the show.  I swear If hear another BB-hate joke from Drew Care on "Whose Line", I'll hate him forever.  BB is an aquired taste reality show, like Caviar and Wine.

I got mine from the Big Brother Live feed page at real.com.  You can search alot of pictures all over other various BB fansites, and some I know have screenshots of the TV show. 

Offline Enchanted

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • ~ ♥Kaysar Forever♥~
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 04:51:30 PM »
LMFAO!! Everytime my Dad sees her he says "There's something wrong with her face but I'm not sure what."  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
K - WHAT? Kaysar!

Offline Karen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 07:55:15 PM »
I think people are too tough on Julie, either that or very jealous of her status in the working community, or since her persona relationship is often referred to, maybe that she landed the big guy.  Now now people get over it and enjoy the show. Julie is not the show.

Karen

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 09:27:15 PM »
Welcome devinelyjen , glad that you decided to join  :waves:
call me crazy but I love Julie , shes funny & a beautiful lady ..shes even my friend on myspace :)

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 09:49:08 PM »
The Chenbot has a MySpace?!  Wow, now-a-days everyone has a MySpace.  I wonder if Pres Bush or Vincent from LOST has one too...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 10:27:56 PM »
I belong to the LOST myspace too  :lol3:

Offline Meadows317

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 11:13:59 PM »
I think people are too tough on Julie, either that or very jealous of her status in the working community, or since her persona relationship is often referred to, maybe that she landed the big guy.  Now now people get over it and enjoy the show. Julie is not the show.

Karen

I agree with you 110% :)

She doesnt bother me at all..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 01:59:58 PM »
Inside Move: Mugs don't bug Chen

'Brother' host's robotic side immortalized on merch

By JOSEF ADALIAN

"Big Brother" host Julie Chen is embracing her inner Chenbot.
Chen's husband, CBS supremo Leslie Moonves, told Daily Variety earlier this month that he and Chen are now proud owners of coffee mugs emblazoned with what appears to be his wife's silhouette and the word "Chenbot." Mugs were purchased via TVGasm.com, a small-screen fansite that popularized the nickname as a sort of homage to Chen's occasionally robotic delivery of "Big Brother" script staples such as "But first" and "The power is up for grabs."

"We love them," Moonves said of the mugs, a statement Chen backs up.

"I think it's the funniest thing," Chen said. "My girlfriend and I were looking on the Net, and we saw the site that had all the Chenbot stuff. I went to Leslie and said, 'You're not going to believe this, but I think there's a (mug) with my head on it.' "

Before Chen had a chance to buy some Chenbot merchandise herself, someone in Moonves' office decided to surprise the couple by ordering the mugs for them. "They're sitting in our cupboard right now," Chen said. "No one's used them yet."

Rather than being offended, Chen -- whose day job is co-anchoring CBS News' "The Early Show" -- is taking the Chenbot craze in stride. She says her precise on-air style stems from a desire to be objective.

"I never want anyone to know what I think about something," she said. "And I'm also a perfectionist, always trying to get it right."

Chen said Moonves seems to be enjoying his wife's moment in the zeitgeist. "Leslie said, 'Hey, you're like this icon now. You're part of the culture,' " Chen said. "It's weird."

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/story.asp?l=story&a=VR1117947499&c=1238

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »
Skeletor is not looking so great these days

Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.