Author Topic: USA renews 'Nashville Star,' fifth edition to premiere in January 2007  (Read 4766 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster

USA Network has announced that it has renewed Nashville Star, its American Idol-like reality talent competition for country music singers, for a fifth season.

"Nashville Star's continued success is a true team effort," USA Network executive Jeff Wachtel stated in the network's announcement of the show's fifth season pickup. "It's the best place on TV to find the best new talent in country music. We're delighted to be bringing it back for a fifth season."

"Nashville Star is the preeminent television brand in country music today and we are thrilled to be making season five for our great partners at USA Network," Nashville Star executive producer Ben Silverman added. "Our multi-talented performers are the best entertainment around!"

Open auditions for Nashville Star 5, scheduled to premiere in January 2007, will be held in twelve nationwide locations beginning in September. An exact list of the tour's official dates and locations will be announced on August 1.

In each city, auditioning singers will have one minute to perform a song off an approved song list. The talented and lucky ones will be invited back the next day where they will have a chance to sing either two cover songs from the approved song list or one song off the list and an original song. The top contestants will then proceed on to one of two regional competitions where they will again audition for a chance to appear on the show. The auditions are open to women and men who will be at least 18 years old as of January 1, 2007.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "You say that to all the girls..."
Re: USA renews 'Nashville Star,' fifth edition to premiere in January 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 06:11:50 AM »
Great, although I don't like it as much as American Idol, I DO like it. I didn't think the best singer won last year. I thought the guy from Lindale, Texas should have won.
AT THE END OF THE DAY, IT'S STILL JUST THE END OF THE DAY!

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
Re: USA renews 'Nashville Star,' fifth edition to premiere in January 2007
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 10:45:49 PM »
I'm looking forward to this show, however I will have to tape it because of Grey's. American Idol is much better but I love country music and I like that they get to write and perform their own music.