Author Topic: Project Runway 3 designer denies ripping off other designers in his portfolio  (Read 3009 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The previews for Project Runway 3’s second episode showed Tim Gunn telling someone, “We’re going to have to ask you to leave.” That could be because one designer “may have cheated on [his/her] Project Runway application,” according to Best Week Ever’s blog.

The designer has items in their portfolio that basically match existing pieces that were part of designers’ spring collections; Best Week Ever has photographs of the similarities. Bravo’s preview has already spoiled the person’s eventual departure, but stop reading now if you don’t want to know who it is.

According to Best Week Ever’s blog, “A sharp eye over at Television Without Pity notes the similarities between many of Keith’s portfolio designs compared with those of some major designers, such as Lacoste and Marni.” The designer is Keith Michael, the one who looks like Jude Law if you squint or get really drunk.

However, as Blogging Project Runway reports, Keith denies that he did anything wrong. In a note to the site, he doesn’t comment about the possible elimination, but writes,

“for the record, i submitted 5 portfolios for the judges review. the one you seem to be focusing on was a research assignment i did for a client in which i reviewed key fashion trends. i’m very proud of all the work that i do. the panel of judges that reviewed my work had many years of experience behind them. i found them neither ignorant, uninformed or in any way confused about their own profession.”
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.