Author Topic: Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill -TAR10 [ eliminated 3rd]  (Read 34696 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill -TAR10 [ eliminated 3rd]
« on: July 15, 2006, 09:46:44 PM »

Names: Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill
Ages: both 22
Occupations: Student, recent college graduate
Hometown: Columbia, S.C.
Relationship: Best friends

Name: Kellie Patterson

Name: Jamie Hill

Relationship: Best Friends

Don't let their Southern Drawls fool you. These former co-captains of the University of South Carolina cheerleading squad are highly competitive and just might have what it takes to be the first female team to win The Amazing Race.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 04:40:00 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill -TAR10
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 09:48:32 PM »
3:12 pm | S.C. cheerleaders on 'Amazing Race'
MARK WASHBURN
TV/Radio Writer
PASADENA, Calif. -- Two Carolinians will compete in the next -- and most grueling to date -- season of "The Amazing Race."

Best friends Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill, former cheerleading co-captains at the University of South Carolina, will be one of the 12 teams racing to Beijing for the show, starting its 10th season this fall.

Both are 22 and live in Columbia. Patterson is a student in broadcast journalism at the university and Hill is a recent graduate.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 11:17:54 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:36:25 PM »
source
audition Video link

Columbia Women to Star on 'Amazing Race'

(WLTX) - Two Columbia women have made the cut for the next edition of the 'Amazing Race.'

Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill will be part of the cast. The two say they're best friends, and were former co-captains of the USC cheerleading squad.

Patterson is still a student at USC, while Hill has already graduated. They cut their audition tape by going through a casting call here at WLTX.

If Patterson and Hill win, they'd be the first all-female team to capture the crown on the show.

The show will air Sundays at 8 p.m. this fall on CBS/WLTX.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 02:17:45 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 09:43:13 PM »
Wow, I'm a better searcher than I thought!  :lol: I ran the name "kellie patterson" through the Newsbank database, accidentally adding a backslash after the name; I got several hundred hits, the first 50 coming from the future (sample below).  :o

Offline recar

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 06:51:51 AM »
USC cheerleaders join ‘Amazing Race’

Don’t be fooled by their fresh-faced, all-American good looks and winsome smiles. USC cheerleaders Jamie Hill and Kellie Patterson are ready to dig down and get dirty when the 10th edition of the Emmy-winning reality show “Amazing Race” hits the airwaves in mid-September.

On their audition tape for the show, Hill, a 2005 USC graduate, and Patterson, who is finishing her degree, said cheerleading honed them into tough competitors.

The $1 million prize money would go a long way for a 22-year-old pair fresh out of school. Hill majored in public relations and Patterson is in broadcast journalism.

The reality show, which began taping in May in Seattle, sent 12 teams of two around the world for five weeks, with stopovers in Mongolia, China, Kuwait and Vietnam, among other countries. The language barrier proved tougher than ever, said the show’s producers, who have run contestants through Africa, Asia, South America and India.

Hill and Patterson also face what the show’s producers called very diverse competition including a pair of former beauty queens, a once-estranged father and daughter, a pair of Islamic friends, two Asian brothers and a woman with an artificial leg paired with her motivational-speaker friend.

Three South Carolinians competed in a previous “Amazing Race” with mixed results. Kelly McCorkle, a former Miss South Carolina and Greenville native, and Ron Young, a military helicopter pilot from Georgia and her now ex-boyfriend, were one of three couples at the end of the seventh season “Amazing Race” in spring 2005. But they lost in the last episode.

In that same season Inman natives Ryan Wilson and Chuck Horton also competed but were the first pair eliminated.

With the start of the 10th edition, “The Amazing Race” switches to a new time and day, 8 p.m. Sundays, on WLTX-19, cable channel 9.

— Pat Berman

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 01:01:06 AM »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 10:51:54 AM »

Offline recar

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »
thanks mwooden. i will check them out.

Offline recar

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 01:28:24 PM »
I can never get these to work. lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »
recar the links are for realone
you might have to lower your security settings in tools
internet options
security

also you might want to clear your cache / ie. cookies and temp files etc  :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline recar

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 06:56:36 PM »
These two are in the new US WEEKLY magazine

Offline FrostieJ

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
  • Amazing Racer
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 09:23:05 PM »
 :cheer: : :cheer: <-----Jamie and Kellie

Go Jamie and Kellie!!

:woohoo: <-------------me
Somebody buy me a drink!

Offline GnarlyMarly

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »
Not sure if anyone knows this...but Jamie is also a pageant girl, she was the 2nd runner up at Miss SC USA 2006 last year, not sure if the contract bars her from competing again this year...it's not her first attempt for Miss SC USA.

Offline recar

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »
You apparently don't know Jamie very well. She is anything but a "pageant girl" lol.
She did enter ONE preliminary pageant Miss Columbia -which she won. This required her to compete at the state level for the Miss SC USA title. She did and it was her only time competing for the Miss title. She has no plans to compete again.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 10:25:06 AM »
Recar ~ sounds like you know her.  Woudl be interestind to see views of the show from people that know the contestants.. . . would you like to do you views of the show and how they did?  we could create a thread for it?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 10:43:01 PM »
I love  Kellie & Jamie .. I thought they were sweeties  :hearts:

Offline Aventus

• RFF Full Member
  • Jumping the shark?!.
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 10:42:40 AM »
I love  Kellie & Jamie .. I thought they were sweeties  :hearts:
Yeah, and they look a lot more competitive then I thought they wold be.

Offline Shaquan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 09:13:53 AM »
Indifferent pre-race, now I'm rooting for them!

They blew past everyone on the wall- that was awesome.. and it was so funny when the two of them and Tom and Terry were both cheering in the rickshaws together- I think these two teams may form an alliance.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill -TAR10 [ eliminated 3rd]
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 04:30:45 PM »
Nascar fans !!

From Amazing Racing to 'The Amazing Race'
10-10-2006 | TruckSeries.com Report

Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill. (NASCAR Media Photo)

How much distance lies between Darlington Raceway and Outer Mongolia? In Kellie Patterson's case, about five feet, three inches.

Patterson wanted to learn more about the business side of one of her favorite sports when she enrolled in the University of South Carolina's Motorsports Marketing class taught by Darlington Raceway staff members. The 22-year-old Greenville, South Carolina native will graduate in December 2006 with a degree in Broadcast Journalism.

She almost didn't get her wish.

"My minor is Sports Entertainment Management, and I'm so lucky that it is, because I love NASCAR. I heard there was a NASCAR class but I wasn't sure if that specific class was offered as part of my minor. I'm fascinated with the whole NASCAR corporation and how it's structured and how it has evolved and gotten so big and so successful, and I'm a big fan, too," Patterson said.

"The department said I couldn't take the class, and I was so disappointed, but I was determined. I just came to the class anyway hoping someone would drop out or not show up. Finally I guess I just wore everybody down. I got in, and I'm so glad.

"I learned a lot in the class. I knew a little bit about NASCAR from being at the races but I never knew the history, how it was created, or even that it was a family-owned company. Learning so much about NASCAR made me love it even more."

In the spring, Patterson's perfect attendance record came to an abrupt halt with two consecutive, and unexplained, absences.

"Kellie told us she would be absent from class for a couple of weeks, but that she couldn't tell us why," said Mac Josey, vice president and general manager of Darlington Raceway. "We thought it seemed pretty mysterious at the time, but all we could really do was wait for her to come back and wonder what was going on."

The answer to that particular mystery revealed itself in September when the multiple Emmy Award-winning TV series "The Amazing Race" opened its new season on CBS. Among the contestants were Patterson and her friend and fellow USC cheerleader, Jamie Hill.

How many times have you watched "Survivor" and thought, "I could do that; no problem?" Have your friends ever said, "You should really try out for 'Jeopardy!' You always know the answers?"

The difference lies in the fact that Patterson and Hill didn't just talk about doing something. They did it.

"Jamie and I have always been fans of 'The Amazing Race'. The way we decided to audition is not an exciting story, really; we were just sitting there watching the show one night and we looked at each other and said, 'We should try out', Patterson said. "So we got together and did an audition tape and sent it out. We used the cheerleading angle, saying that we used to be competitive cheerleaders but we don't do that anymore, and we need a new competitive challenge. I guess they saw something about us that they liked and thought would work for the show."

A semi-final interview in Columbia was followed by a trip to Los Angeles in March for "10 straight days of interviews," Patterson said. "It was really intimidating, but we managed to make it through."

The waiting game began. Patterson and Hill weren't informed that they had been selected to compete in "The Amazing Race" until three weeks before they were actually scheduled to leave.

They used their time wisely, working hard to prepare themselves for the challenge by keeping physically strong and training mentally by studying such things as rudimentary French and Spanish, which they hoped would prove helpful during the race.

Then in June, Patterson, who had never traveled outside the United States and had previously spoken no foreign languages, literally landed on the other side of the world.

All races follow the same basic format: An individual or group of competitors begins an event, but in end, only one is victorious. At Darlington Raceway, about four hours and 500 miles of bone-rattling speed and sound comprise a complete event. In "The Amazing Race," those numbers are multiplied exponentially.

"It was kind of surreal. You were literally never sure what time it was, or even what day of the week it was," said Patterson. "I have no idea how many miles we physically traveled. Just one bus ride we took was over 900 miles. It was exhausting and disorienting at times, but it was always exciting."

The journey began in the "Emerald City" of Seattle, Washington and traveled to Beijing, China before proceeding to Ulan Bator in Mongolia. Along the way, the racers encountered traffic jams, extreme language barriers, the Forbidden City, the Great Wall of China, and a meal of raw fish eyes before ending up on an archery field where they were required to ignite a target 160 yards away with a flaming arrow, using a traditional Mongolian bow.

Displaying the characteristic determination that got her enrolled in the Motorsports Marketing class, Patterson fired 118 arrows at the target before nightfall forced her to stop and her team was eliminated from competition.

In NASCAR races, alliances are often forged and then abandoned according to situations that develop during the course of an event. "The Amazing Race" takes a different approach. In order to compete successfully, the two-person teams must remain strong and supportive from the green flag to the finish line. For many viewers, part of the fun of reality television is watching team members get snarky with one another as their composure slowly unravels.

In this case, those viewers were disappointed. Although their "Amazing Race" experience came to an end after just two episodes, Patterson and Hill maintained their strong friendship throughout. "Sharing this experience has brought us so much closer, and I love her so much," Patterson said. "I know we will be friends for the rest of our lives. I'm glad we got to do this together.

"This entire experience opened my eyes to a whole new world," she continued. "I was born and raised in South Carolina but now I realize how much more is out there, and I'm anxious to travel more, and see more, and do more. It really changed my way of thinking. It changed my life. It was incredible. It was ... amazing."

http://www.truckseries.com/cgi-script/NCTS_06/articles/000087/008744.htm

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jediblondie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 06:43:48 PM »
Okay- Totally LOVE these girls now that I know they like NASCAR- I would have never guessed!
Wish they coulda stayed a little longer!

Offline filmfan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 08:21:51 AM »
I noticed Jamie is on the cover of the 2008 Maxim Calendar. She looks great.

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 04:10:12 PM »
You have to admit she is beautiful but in that picture on the TAR10 website makes Kellie, 22 and Jamie at least 40 lol, I really liked them and was sad to see them go although out of them or Lyn and Karlyn I would choose Lyn and Karlyn due to later references to teams and their bitcheness lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 08:35:21 PM »
Jamie Hill /TAR Season 10

Hi everyone! Calling all TAR Fans and Friends in for some help. Jamie Hill (Miss S.C. USA) and racer from TAR Season 10 is competing at Miss USA right now and we would love it if you could vote for her for the Photogenic Award. Please send this on to others so she can get as many votes as possible! Go to.....

http://www.nbc.com/Miss_USA_2008/#

Click on the box in the top left corner labeled Miss Photogenc Vote Online. You get to pick three so you vote for Jamie /Miss SC USA and also pick your favorites as well. Thanks for helping her out!