Author Topic: Nicolas and Donald *THIRD PLACE TAR12*  (Read 31415 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Nicolas and Donald *THIRD PLACE TAR12*
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
I'm sure their family is very proud of them, they are primo racers and did a fantastic job --gosh I just love Don  :jam:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 02:28:13 AM »
Me too, puddin!  Whata sweet cutie!  :wohoo: And cuddley!  :lol:
And yes, I bet Nick and Don really made their family proud!  :jumpy: :jam:
I am just so thrilled that finally, not only one, but two oldsters made it that far in the same Race. 
Kudos to Ron also!  :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 02:25:14 PM »
Interview With Don and Nicolas Of The Amazing Race 12

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Thank you for taking the time to chat with us today, where are you guys today?

A. Donald, The Amazing Race 12: I am in Wisconsin, right now.

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race 12: I am in Puerto Rico.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Wisconsin, Wow! Don did you watch last nights game? I know it was aired during the finale, but if you live in WI I have to assume you’re a Packers fan.

A. Donald: I didn’t think it would be a contest based on how the Packers played this season, and the fact that they had home field advantage.

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race 12: It’s funny you mention that, I am a Bears fan and Don and I wanted to wear our football shirts during the race, but it didn’t pan out. I assumed the Packers would win, but that doesn’t matter much now since Tom Brady is the one to try and beat. If you look at the Green Bay score and how they played at home, there is no way they could have beat New England.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Well let’s see what Eli and the G men can do in Arizona against the dynasty. I suppose we should talk about the race now. Whose idea was it to try out for The Amazing Race 12?

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race 12: I guess we are back on football since several years ago during a Sunday night game I switched to CBS at half time and watched an episode of The Amazing Race. I thought about how cool it would be to try out, but I was only 17 and you needed to be at least 21 to apply. I waited and applied when I was 21 and was not selected, but a year and a half later we were called to be on The Amazing Race 12.

A. Donald, The Amazing Race 12: When Nicolas approached me about trying out I thought it was a pipe dream, since I knew thousands of people apply for The Amazing Race each season.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Well I guess there is a lesson to be told, you can actually apply and make it on the show. I am sure you’re glad Nicolas convinced you to make a tape. Many people persuade or try to convince others to get tattoos, you guys kind of had a choice during the fast forward, do you still have them and if you do, will you keep them?

A. Donald, The Amazing Race 12: Yes, 100% we are keeping them, I don’t have any other tattoos and this is something no one else has and no one else may ever have. They mean a lot to Nicolas and I.

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race 12: 100% I feel the same way.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: What about getting along with one another, from what I recall you two seemed to be pretty cool with one another while the wheels came off with other teams.

A. Donald, The Amazing Race 12: – I think we did pretty good with each other. There were times we had some fights but that was really due to lack of sleep and fatigue.

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race 12: - I’ll tell you that everyone came off on TV just as they were during the race. For example, I thought Ron was just a goof and acted horribly to his daughter and everyone else. There were so many times we just wanted him to shut up.
Nate and Jen fought a lot as you saw on TV and I thought they might be different after the race, but this is just who they are. However, they love one another very much. Jen and Nate may be hard on one another but they never act this way with other people.
Regarding how my grandfather and I were with one another on the show our relationship hasn’t changed. Lastly, the fact that Ron said I love you to Christina at the end of the final episode it doesn’t change how poorly he treated her and everyone throughout the race.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: There was a lot of yelling and tempers flaring no matter who you are, I can’t even imagine carrying that amount of stress. During the race we see the teams begging or yelling at Taxi drivers to speed up. Would the taxis speed up and how big of a factor did the right taxi drivers play in the race?

A. Donald, The Amazing Race 12: You’re right, when you’re getting a taxi and asking a guy if he knows where to go most say yes even if they don’t know where they are going just to get the fare.

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race12: It was so frustrating in India since it happened to us three times. The cab driver would say they knew where they were going but ended up stopping to ask other people how to get to the place they told us they knew how to get to. You hit the nail on the head regarding just how important the cab drivers are to your success and all you can do is hope for the best. Also, I remember watching The Amazing Race Season 5 and watched all the racers take off from the first destination driving their own cars. I wondered if they were allowed to speed. Basically if you break the law during the race you have to suffer the consequences.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: I guess getting a ticket would put you behind in the race so you have to watch your speed. How far behind did the final challenge puzzle put you guys?

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race12: It was frustrating to watch that last night since much of what I did never made it on air, but I think there was about twenty to thirty minutes between all three teams.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Nicolas last week you told Donald there are no real teams left just pansy’s. What did you mean by this?

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race12: No one else has brought up this comment yet. I made the comment to fire up myself and Donald. If you recall we always seemed to be last at things like boarding the trains, the one to find a cab, or the last ones to book a plane ticket. I wanted us both to have that killer instinct and pump us up for the finale.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Now I have a fun question for you both. If CBS came up to you and said we want you to come back for The Amazing Race All Stars but you must take someone else from another team, not your current partner, who would you pick.

A. Donald, The Amazing Race 12: I am going to pick the most evident, which would be TK. I would pick TK since he won the race, never seemed to get upset, and is a guy who would get your back. Since my wife is sitting right here I can’t say what female I would want to pick.
Mark: Maybe one of the sister’s right? Several episodes ago, you said the sisters were bitchy but you could deal with that.

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race12: I think I would also pick TK since it’s the logical choice. I think he would also be the logical choice since he is competitive and a lot fun. Rachel would also be a great choice. But then again the more I think about it I may pick Jen since she is strong, competitive, and would help bring out the drive in any of her teammates.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Anyway for fans to find and reach out to you two?

A. Nicolas, The Amazing Race12: I am on Facebook under my name Nicolas Fulks.

Mark: Thanks for taking the time to chat with us and I wish you both the best of luck in your next big adventure.

Mark: Thanks for taking the time to chat with us and I wish you both the best of luck in your nest big adventure.

http://www.realitywanted.net/2008/01/22/interview-with-don-and-nicolas-of-the-amazing-race-12/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »
Random Reality - Josh Clinton Interviews The Amazing Race 12's Donald Jerousek and Nicolas Fulks
Posted By Josh Clinton on 01.23.2008

more here

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 12:47:45 AM »
Heres a good one --

Exclusive: Donald Jerousek, Nicolas Fulks dish on 'The Amazing Race'

By Christopher Rocchio, 01/23/2008

Donald Jerousek and Nicolas Fulks were unable to take home the $1 million prize,  but they sure do have some good stories to tell from their The Amazing Race journey.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-donald-jerousek-nicolas-fulks-dish-on-the-amazing-race-6440.php

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 02:10:44 AM »
Awww I just love them both!!!  :jumpy:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 03:10:26 AM »
Me too, Mama!  Love'em to pieces!  :luvu: :hrt: :luvya:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 01:21:07 PM »
I wish they could have been at TARCon!
Just here to visit.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 05:23:21 PM »
Yeah, that would've been tooo cool! :)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2008, 08:18:24 PM »
Some trash talk from Nicholas on his father's website, but also some interesting stuff about the money:
There are prizes for all places ranging from $1500 p/person for last place (plus a $500 stipend during sequester) to $25,000 p/person for second place. My grandfather and I were rewarded $10,000 each for our efforts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2008, 09:23:23 PM »
 :lol: Interesting Slowhatch, thanks for posting the site.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »
Some trash talk from Nicholas on his father's website, but also some interesting stuff about the money:
There are prizes for all places ranging from $1500 p/person for last place (plus a $500 stipend during sequester) to $25,000 p/person for second place. My grandfather and I were rewarded $10,000 each for our efforts.

I see it hasn't changed since season 3 (though it was rumored to for all stars to get people back).  Though it is nice to here confirmation.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 03:51:53 PM »
Amazing Race Interview: Nick & Don
We talk to the grandson & grandfather about their third place finish.
by Brian Zoromski

http://tv.ign.com/articles/847/847401p1.html

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2008, 04:23:33 PM »

Nic's sounding like a bitter little hedgehog.
Just here to visit.