Author Topic: Tom Rock and Terry Cosentino -TAR10 [eliminated 5th]  (Read 47632 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Tom Rock and Terry Cosentino -TAR10 [eliminated 5th]
« on: July 15, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »

Names: Tom Rock and Terry Cosentino
Ages: 39, 45
Occupations: College admissions director, special events director
Hometown: New York City
Relationship: Dating

Name: Tom Rock

Name: Terry Cosentino

Relationship: Dating

This feisty, fun-loving couple has been together for over two years. Their playful nitpicking is constant, but it always ends in shared laughter. This energetic couple is hoping the Race will prove to them they have what it takes to stay together.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 11:03:20 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Tom Rock and Terry Cosentino -TAR10
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 06:25:10 PM »
Tom

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 07:56:35 PM »
Terry

Offline Beth Kavon

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »
 :lol3: I love the quote, "This feisty, fun-loving couple has been together for over two years. Their playful nitpicking is constant, but it always ends in shared laughter ( :meow:)."  Can't wait for the new TAR season!  Gonna be great!!!!  :jumpy:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 08:48:39 PM »
The teams sound like a real good cast especially b/c there's more diversity than previous seasons. Should be fun and interesting! 

Beth Kavon!! 
Wishing you a warm
Hope to cya again soon!  :tup:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 01:36:17 PM »
Alumnus tries to master 'The Amazing Race'
7/20/06

Dr. Thomas P. Rock ’92, director of Admissions at Teachers College, Columbia University, New York City, will be appearing this fall on the 10th season of “The Amazing Race,” to be aired Sunday nights at 8 p.m. on CBS. (Filming is already completed.)

Tom and his partner, Terry Cosentino, a special events director, make up one of 12 teams who embarked on a four continent, 13-country adventure that took them more than 40,000 miles in less than 30 days.

Admissions director at Teachers College for three years, Tom is also an adjunct professor in the higher education program on campus. He earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from the University of Dayton (Ohio), a master’s degree in education from AU, and a doctor of education in higher education administration from Teachers College. His research interests are in access and equity in the college admission process.

Tom was recently elected president of the National Association of Graduate and Admission Professionals.
Originally from the Finger Lakes (NY) area, Toms is a three-time New York City Marathon finisher and can be seen weekend training in Central Park.

http://www.alfred.edu/pressreleases/viewrelease.cfm?ID=3399

( I'm trying to keep locations/spoiling out of the bios Kogs  )
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 02:15:44 PM by puddin »

Offline Beth Kavon

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 06:07:30 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, Rudy!!!!   :waves:

And great detective work on Tom, Kogs - I googled Terry but couldn't find anything (other than all the latest TAR news)...would like to know what type of "special events" he does.  ??? 

Glad to see there's a team representing NYC!!!!  Yeah!!!   :jam:  :woohoo:  :jumpy:

Offline Beth Kavon

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 06:10:57 PM »
One more thought...is it me or do they look A LOT alike!   ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 06:19:02 PM »
Welcome Beth  :hello2:

I cant get into myspace now , it must be busy but anyways Terry & Tom have myspaces and I'll try ot get in later .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 06:35:59 PM »
Terry's Blurbs
About me:
I live at Sheridan Square in the West Village of Manhattan. I'm a Service Director for Special Events. I love meeting different people from all over the world. And I love to travel. I'm extremely extroverted and energetic, and it takes a lot for me to get embarassed which pretty much never happens. I truely believe you have to begin your day with laughter and a smile. 
Who I'd like to meet:
Regis and Kelly, Dave Letterman, Barbara, Joy, and Rosie, and Jay....Can we Talk! I love to gab ! 

Tom's Blurbs
About me:
I live on the Upper West Side of Manhattan near Central Park and work as a college admissions director at a highly selective institution in NYC. I have been in NYC for 10 years but grew up in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NYS. I have worked at many different universities but have been at my current position for 3 years. I love my job as I get to travel around the world, meet interesting people, and help students with such an important part of their lives. I lead a busy life and keep myself active in many ways. I am an athlete, a stand up comic (at times!), and a scholar and practitioner at work. I have my doctorate from Teachers College at Columbia University in higher education administration. It took me 5 1/2 years to complete my doctorate, but it was well worth it. The doctorate allows me the opportunity to teach as well, which I have done twice at Columbia. I have completed 5 consecutive NYC marathons (2001-2005) and am training for my 6 marathon in November. I have performed Stand Up Comedy in Clubs throughout Manhattan and have been invited to perform at The Improv, Stand Up NY, and Gotham Comedy Club to name a few. 
Who I'd like to meet:
I love tennis, so I would love to meet Serena or Venus Williams. I actually follow women's tennis more than men. I go to the US Open each year in NYC to cheer on my favorite players. I would also love to meet Katie Couric. One day maybe I will! She lives right across town from me in Manhattan! 

Offline Beth Kavon

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 06:46:55 PM »
 :groan: Duh!  of course Myspace...I'll check it out asap.

Thanks Puddin!!!    :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 06:55:27 PM »
:)
you could find Tom through Terry's friends if the link doesnt work for Tom :yaya:

Terry 

http://www.myspace.com/terrycosentino   

Tom
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=94549136

you'll also see who else they are friends with  ;)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »
sorry puddin  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 07:27:37 PM »
I did it too Kogs  :lol3: , I went through the racers topics and found I did the same thing  with the location spoilers ..sorry if anyone saw them  :pfight:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 07:45:45 PM »
I did it too Kogs  :lol3: , I went through the racers topics and found I did the same thing  with the location spoilers ..sorry if anyone saw them  :pfight:

lol ok then then im not ashamed.  :angel:

Offline BBCBLBKC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 02:56:19 PM »
All of this talk about the beauty pagent duds is really getting me mad.  Everyone says how great they are and how pretty they are, but they just seem like they are snotty and stuck up.  Now the team that we should all be cheering for is Tom and Terry.  There hasn't been to many comments about them, but in the end i think that they are going to be the team to beat.  These guys seem like they are really great, and down to earth. They really have everything going for them.  They are trying to show everyone that being gay doesn't really make a difference and that they too can win the game.  I think that everyone should be rooting for them, and hopefully we will see them in the final 3. 

GAY ALL THE WAY!!!!

We Love you

From BB

Offline BBLBCBKC

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 07:28:13 AM »
In the previous seasons of TAR the female/female tems had a negative image.  Hopefully this season The girls will change that theory and break the trend.  The same goes with Tom and Terry.  I know that they are going to be a lot different than some of the other teams on this season, and that makes me so excited.  I can't wait to find out.  They are my #1 pick

Offline amp029

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 03:49:34 PM »
I am really excited to see this season of amazing race. I think it is going to be very interesting and i really hope that Tom and Terry will be in the final 3 ... I'll be rooting for them!

Offline ancagirlz

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 11:17:17 AM »
 :hearts:  We agree amp! We like these guys. They look like fun... one of our top teams to root for. Hope they go far. Can't wait for this season... it seems so far away!

Offline Shaquan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 07:45:17 PM »
The teams look great this season- so much diversity, it should be interesting seeing if one team gets further in one country over another. Hoping tom & terry do well, they seem to be a team that will keep the laughs going from they're team description "playful nitpicking, etc...." Can't wait for TAR 10 to start! Anyone in NYC having a premiere viewing party???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 07:58:09 PM »
 :welcome: everyone ..Tom n "J"erry already showing signs of being fan favorites  :hearts:

Offline tknyc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 09:29:46 AM »
I am also rooting for this team - they look like they are ready to conquer the world and more importantly they are New Yorkers!!!  So I am going with Tom and Terry, can't wait to see this season !    ;)  good luck guys!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 02:11:14 AM »
:hithere: 

...to all of you newbies posting here!  Great to have you aboard!

Yes, Tom n' Terry seem like a very entertaining team in the new Tar season!  :jumpy:

Offline ancagirlz

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 11:05:50 AM »
 :hearts:  Thanks for the warm welcome.

We hope Tom and Terry prove to be fan faves... even the pictures seem to show them enjoying themselves and having a great time.
I've googled them both but could only come up with MySpace pages... seems like they are very active and Tom is actually a marathon runner... may be a leg up (sorry for the pun... :lol:) on the other teams??

yay Tom & Terry! We can't wait to watch you this season! :jumpy:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 10:16:19 AM »
have you tried to be their friends on myspace?  notice they only have a few.