Author Topic: Bilal Abdul-Mani and Sa'eed Rudolph - TAR10 [ eliminated 1st ]  (Read 10006 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Names: Bilal Abdul-Mani and Sa'eed Rudolph
Ages: 37, 39
Occupations: Medical supply technician, power lineman
Hometown: Cleveland
Relationship: Best friends

Name: Bilal Abdul-Mani
Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

Name: Sa'eed Rudolph
Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

Relationship: Best Friends

These best friends have spent years bonding over their love of food, Browns football and their shared Islamic faith. Bilal is energetic and outgoing while Sa'eed is quiet and passive. Their vastly different temperaments will be fun to watch as they attempt to navigate over 40,000 miles in under 30 days.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 10:47:24 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Bilal Abdul-Mani and Sa'eed Rudolph - TAR10
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 09:49:00 PM »
2 Cleveland men in next `Amazing Race'
By R. D. Heldenfels
Beacon Journal television writer
The next season of The Amazing Race will include a pair from Cleveland -- the first Islamic team in the reality show's history.

Best friends Bilal Abdul-Mani, 37, a medical supply technician, and Sa'eed Rudolph, 39, a power lineman, will be among 12 teams on The Amazing Race 10, which begins this fall on CBS.

``They're fantastic,'' Race host Phil Keoghan said after a news conference Saturday to announce the next cast of the show. ``They're great guys, and I think they have a particular message they want to share.''

The message appears to involve their religion because CBS publicity material said the two men ``have spent years bonding over their love of food, Browns football and their shared Islamic faith.''

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 03:16:45 AM »
Cleveland men in reality show
Best friends are first Islamic team on `Amazing Race'; their faith apparently is series topic
By R.D. Heldenfels
The next season of The Amazing Race will include a pair from Cleveland -- the first Islamic team in the reality show's history.

Best friends Bilal Abdul-Mani, 37, a medical supply technician, and Sa'eed Rudolph, 39, a power lineman, will be among 12 teams on The Amazing Race 10, which begins this fall on CBS.

``They're fantastic,'' Race host Phil Keoghan said after a news conference Saturday to announce the next cast of the show. ``They're great guys, and I think they have a particular message they want to share.''

The message appears to involve their religion because CBS publicity material said the two men ``have spent years bonding over their love of food, Browns football and their shared Islamic faith.'' Race executive producer Bertram Van Munster said Abdul-Mani and Rudolph are very open about their beliefs -- and the teamstands out in the photo of the new cast.

Although a positive message about Islam will be especially important this fall when so much attention is focused on the fifth anniversary of 9/11, Van Munster said that was not a factor in the Cleveland team's selection.

``These guys are two terrific guys and really give a phenomenal image of who they are,'' he said. ``It was a fantastic opportunity to have some real good people of that quality on the show.''

The show looks constantly for diversity in the teams it puts on the air, and Van Munster said the new group ``is as different as it's ever been.''

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 10:29:40 AM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 10:49:17 AM »
only worry is usually when they praise people prior to show they do not go far. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 10:56:29 AM »
plus running in that dress an all  :lol:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 10:59:38 AM »
yeah but they have tennis shoes on

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 11:10:21 AM »
 :lol:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 10:50:04 AM »
Team videos are up at CBS:

Link to Bilal & Sa'eed:

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/player.php?vid=111706&cat=111702

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 01:13:13 AM »
Good thing the first challenge is duck rather than insects like last season (although I'm sure all the food tasks were planned in advance with these two in mind). I've never ordered special meals on an airline flight and I'm not sure if special meals (for religious or dietary reasons) can be obtained on the kind of last-minute travel that racers endure, but if they just eat vegetarian they should stay halal. As far as the other stuff goes, I'm wondering if the rolls they carry are just bedrolls or maybe musallah--prayer rugs. And they might use qibla compasses and adhan clocks to mark prayer times and direction to Mecca, but figuring all that out when you're constantly on the move could drive someone batty.  :crazy:

Offline Aventus

• RFF Full Member
  • Jumping the shark?!.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 05:34:37 PM »
only worry is usually when they praise people prior to show they do not go far. 
The reason they are being focused maybe is because they represent such a controversy.

I sure hope this is not the case, you know, that they are not going far.