Author Topic: Runway 3 begins; model’s accident may reveal a final three designer  (Read 6505 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Bravo knows what a hit it has with Project Runway; the series’ third-season return was so highly anticipated that Bravo had a countdown clock over its network bug, counting down the minutes until the new season began. It was like New Year’s, except with better payoff.

The first episode had all of the wonderful Runwayness we want, but it suffered a bit from first episode syndrome, because it’s hard to get to know the new people, and they’re way too easily compared to our old favorites (e.g., Jeffrey is the new Santino). The show also flirted a bit too much with hokey reality TV: The designers’ first challenge was to create a dress from the materials in their apartments, which they ripped apart, from the mattresses to the shower curtains. That was very fun and a terrific challenge, but when they returned late at night, the designers discovered that, at least for now, they aren’t getting new furniture, and was the most obvious ploy for fake drama the producers have tried to date.

That said, it’s great to have Tim Gunn back on TV, and it’s great to watch a reality show where the truly talentless are eliminated. The first designer eliminated, Stacey, definitely deserved to go home, mostly because she couldn’t sew. Or design.

Even though the first episode just ended, the identity of one of the final three designers might be known as the result of a horrific accident. The New York Daily News’ Ben Widdicombe has an item today about one of the models on the show who became one of the final three models.

However, she “was struck by a bus while riding her bike to the show’s location in the city.” Her agent, Javier Hernandez, said, “She fractured her skull and her eye socket and was in critical condition for three days. Now she has been in intensive care for a month.” Her agent said the show’s producers have been helpful. “Everyone from the show has been really supportive and offered their help to get her parents a visa to visit her in the hospital and work on a benefit for her,” he said.

Widdicombe reveals the model’s name and the paper publishes her picture, but if this season works like previous seasons, and the designers stay with the same model through most of the series, her identity could reveal one of the three finalists. Thus her accident may have resulted in a major spoiler.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Interesting! Thanks for finding this. I found a photo of Jia, it seems she is Kayne Gillaspie's model at the moment. (Of course it could change like last year with the dual personality Zulema who insisted on a walk off and then took Nick's model.)

Jia
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Oh ho!! Scratch my last comment. They switched models, Vincent Libretti the oldest and most experienced designer chose Jia in the July 19th episode.

Does he make it to the final 3!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Runway 3 begins; model’s accident may reveal a final three designer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 06:26:52 PM »
Am I the only one who loves this show? 5 designers left, Uli, Jeffrey, Kayne, Michael and Laura.

Who will make it to the final 3 for Olympus Fashion Week. Uli, Michael and Laura, or Uli Michael and Jeffery. Those are my quesses.

Offline Lord Zooma

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Torn between life and reality...
    • The Real Zooma
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 06:04:34 PM »
Im in love with the show.I personaly think that Mike should win it all. If you look at the past winners of teh show, they are all so diffrent in there on ways. And mike would be a great addition to the great designers of the show. If he dosnt win I at least want hi to go to the final three.

Also im sure Laura is due home this week. I like all four FInalists, and would be sad to see anyy of them to go home.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »
Im in love with the show.I personaly think that Mike should win it all. If you look at the past winners of teh show, they are all so diffrent in there on ways. And mike would be a great addition to the great designers of the show. If he dosnt win I at least want hi to go to the final three.

Also im sure Laura is due home this week. I like all four FInalists, and would be sad to see anyy of them to go home.

I like Mike too and before I messed my Firefox browser up I had a link for the fashion show and his designs looked the best to me. Laura's clothes are beautiful and elegant but she really only has one design as they pointed out to her last night.

All four will be allowed to show their designs which was a good decision, as you point out they are all good in their own way.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 10:26:25 AM »
Scandal? I report... you decide.

Internal Investigation Rocks ‘Runway’

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/21688/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 10:36:52 AM »
I found the link for the runway designs. Sorry you have to go through several pages to see them all.  :-\

http://tinyurl.com/kac5o

I do like Michael's designs.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 08:40:54 PM »
 :hhello: :hhello: Anyone here??

There is one more show left, the Runway show and the final winner. Last week we are left with the tease that Jeffrey didn't sew his own collection or had help. I couldn't begin to summarize it as well as this:

http://thecelebritycafe.com/features/7725.html

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Jeffrey myself, even though I did laugh at this writer's name for him.

Offline reedthis

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 11:39:51 AM »
I checked out the links you had and saw their collection's I'm surprised I liked them all including Jeffrey's  I just hope he does not win. 

So we know since Jeffrey did show his collection he did not get kicked off the show but maybe they penalised him like the did Kara San from season 1 where they where suppose to take into the account that someone gave her the shoes in her collection.
The judges look at Jefferey's penalizing him for someone sewing his.

Who do you think will win? I think Uli will win even though I want Michael to win.
What We Do In Life Echoes Into Eternity!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 01:24:20 PM »
RT, I can't wait to see the actual collections on the runway. I thought Michael would win to tell you the truth, now I'm not sure. Uli is close behind. They could be messing with us with Tim's comments.

Laura is a one note for me, and has become a huge bi-otch. She can make some beautiful evening dresses but..

You could be right about penalizing him like Kara San. He looked like he'd been punched in the stomach though didn't he. Hearing his story about suicide and other problems, I wonder if that is why he has that tattoo on his neck What do you think?

Offline reedthis

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 05:37:40 PM »
I think your right about the neck tattoo that might be his badge of honor for surviving what his been through.  Did you notice that Michael has a neck tattoo also I did not notice that before.  I have to watch some reruns to see if he had it before. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 05:50:11 PM »
I think your right about the neck tattoo that might be his badge of honor for surviving what his been through.  Did you notice that Michael has a neck tattoo also I did not notice that before.  I have to watch some reruns to see if he had it before. 

No, I didn't notice that, I will have to watch reruns and check that out.  :tup:  I also didn't recall Jeffrey having tattos on his right hand before the last show, I need to watch for that as well. Good catch!

Offline reedthis

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 03:20:36 PM »
Oh I can't believe Jeffery won.  Of all the finalists why him  (:;)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 03:36:15 PM »
Oh I can't believe Jeffery won.  Of all the finalists why him  (:;)

I was shocked!!!  :groan: The only dress I liked was the last one, the green dress with gold zippers. I thought Michael's and Uli's were much better. Even Laura had better dresses. (Especially the short black one with beading.)

Michael's evening dress looked great to me, his sportswear particularly the swimsuit, who wouldn't want to wear that. Uli's last dress, the green evening dress was gorgeous, never mind it wasn't the same bland color she used for some of the other clothing.

I don't get Jeffery's long hem in the front, short hem in the back do you?  :umn:

Offline reedthis

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 07:57:24 PM »
No is did not understand that dress at all  :hallo3 and I did not understand all the ripes and tares in them either.  :groan: I think he will have a very limited clientele.  Laura and Uli will appeal to a lot more women and be more successful than Jeffery. If the judges voted for the most consistent over the season, Michael should have won. I have to admit I loved a lot of pieces in Uli and Laura's collection also all three of them had garments that I would love to purchase. 

I just loved Laura's Short black dress.  The detail and work she put into it was amazing. :-*

This is how I would have ranked the.

Michael
Uli
Laura
Jeffery

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 08:15:54 PM »
 :hallo25  LOL, I'm sorry I love these Halloween smilies! I had to use one.  :hallo24

Your list is my list and I bet we aren't alone. All of them will have clients knocking on their door. Apparently Jeffrey has a large business in LA though according to what they said about it last night.

OH! I also noticed he had the tattoos on his hand in previous episodes, I just never noticed it before.