Author Topic: Kathy Griffin and Matt are officially divorced but “were absolutely reconciled”  (Read 3248 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
From realityblurred.com

Despite the reconciliation that took place before taping of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List’s second season, Kathy Griffin and her husband Matt Moline officially divorced in May.

Kathy Griffin told Larry King in a pre-taped interview last night “that people have written online and stuff that they didn’t think the reality show was real and that the marriage was, you know, part of the show and maybe it wasn’t real.” However, she adds, “we were absolutely reconciled for the part of my life where we did the reality show” and said later that their relationship “was all going very well at that time.”

However, they are not happy with one another right now. Matt told CNN in a statement, “Since our divorce, I have not made any public comments about my ex-wife or our marriage. It saddens me that she would choose to make such accusations at this time. I have no intention of engaging in a public debate over private matters.”

Those “private matters,” as expected, involve Kathy’s accusation that Matt systematically stole $72,000 from her over more than a year. She said that, “without my knowledge, [he] was sneaking into my wallet when I was asleep in the mornings and taking my ATM cards of my own private accounts and withdrawing money.” Kathy added that Matt “admitted it and apologized and then I kind of embarked on a whole journey about can we fix this marriage? We went to couple therapy. I really wanted to make it work. And then recently our divorce became final and unfortunately we won’t be able to get beyond the trust issue,” she said.

It did not, and they officially divorced May 15. Because Larry King is one of the world’s worst interviewers, and never really seems to be paying attention, he then says to Kathy, “One would imagine you could afford $72,000”—as if the money is the real issue here. King went on to tell her, and I am not making this up, “You should be ready to date, two and a half months.” Then he repeated it. Isn’t it about time CNN replaced him with an animated character, like Space Ghost?

Finally, Kathy said that she’ll talk more about this, despite her reluctance to do so up until now. “Eventually, I end up putting everything in the act. I kind of turn tragedy into comedy and I find that that’s a great way for me to kind of deal with it,” she said.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.