Author Topic: American Idol News Stories  (Read 12817 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Katharine's New Singles!
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 02:46:31 AM »
Katharine's New Singles!

January 2, 2007 11:05 AM

The new year is only a few days old and already Katharine McPhee has made her mark. She appeared in the annual Rose Parade and now she's offering up sneak peeks at singles on her soon-to-be-released album. Undoubtedly, this is going to be another stellar year for Kat. Take a listen to four new singles, courtesy of AOL!

http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/?pid=149

:congrats: KAT!   :clap:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:55:56 AM by RudyRules »

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
Re: American Idol News Stories
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 07:18:47 AM »
Katharine is getting noticed for more than just her great music!!!

She has recently done photoshoots for OK magazine and SHAPE magazine.

I have always thought she was very photogenic. Here is her SHAPE cover photo .......

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 04:03:26 AM »
Thanks for posting that lovely cover photo, Tans!  I've thought the same aobut her photogenic-ness!  :woohoo:  How gorgeous she is and such a beautiful smile.  I'm so happy for her and wish her continued sweet success!  :tup:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Jordin Sparks signs with Jive Records
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 02:14:03 AM »
Jordin Sparks signs with Jive Records
Fri Aug 17, 9:09 PM ET

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070818/ap_en_mu/people_jordin_sparks

NEW YORK - Jordin Sparks has signed the record contract that comes with winning "American Idol." The bubbly 17-year-old inked a deal with Jive Records in conjunction with 19Recordings, the label managed by "Idol" creator Simon Fuller, it was announced Friday.

Her debut album is slated for release in November. She'll offer a taste of the disc with her new single, "Tattoo," to be released to radio stations Aug. 27.

"`American Idol' has truly been a life-altering experience," Sparks said in a statement. "I can't wait to share this next chapter of my story with all the fans that have supported me so far."

Sparks, who hails from Glendale, Ariz., is the youngest winner in the Fox show's six seasons.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
'Idol' Tour Faces Empty Seats
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 05:05:36 AM »
By Ken Barnes,
USA Today
Posted: 2007-09-05 11:33:06
Filed Under: Music News
(Sept. 5) - At the halfway point of the 2007 American Idols Live tour, ticket turnstiles are, to an alarming extent, standing idle.

Cont'd at:
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/story/ar/_a/idol-tour-faces-empty-seats/20070905070609990001
------------------

FWIW...I'm of the opinion that the 2007 tour isn't well received, b/c the Idols were simply not up to snuff as in past seasons.  Here's hoping the 2008 season brings much better talent and is oveall MUCH improved!  I want to feel really excited & enthused about the next Top 10!!  :jumpy:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 11:47:32 AM »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 12:14:26 PM »
Bucky's Xmas wishes....that is him and his twin brother Rocky as babies....how cute!

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:26:32 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2007, 11:49:02 PM »
Thanks Will!  Good to see  what Elliott & Bucky are doing with their careers.  Sounds like they're both doing quite well!  :yess:

I really like Elliott's new doo!  :cmas22

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 11:22:52 AM »
Bucky's latest blog post:

ZIPPO AND BUCKY COVINGTON JOIN FORCES

Nashville, TN- Zippo, one of the world's leading manufacturers of pocket lighters, is partnering with Bucky Covington as the title sponsor of the artist's tour dates. Zippo's sponsorship will kick off when Bucky joins Dierks Bentley's "Throttle Wide Open" tour, sponsored by Bud Light.

"It's going to be so cool to have Zippo with me on the road as my tour sponsor," says Bucky. "I'm a big fan of their products so it's a great match."

Before joining Dierks Bentley on his "Throttle Wide Open" tour in February, Bucky will pay a visit to Zippo headquarters in Bradford, PA to meet and perform for the company's employees and executives.

"It's great to work with a talented new young artist like Bucky who is also a big Zippo fan," says Zippo President Greg Booth. "He should prove to be a great evangelist for our brand."

About Bucky Covington

Bucky Covington's self-titled CD released in April 2007 and opened at 1 on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart with the biggest first week sales for any debut country artist that year. He wrapped 2007 as Country Aircheck's 1 New Artist based on the strength of his top 5 first single "A Different World" and his current hit, "It's Good To Be Us." In addition to competing on the fifth season of American Idol, Bucky's national television appearances have included Live with Regis and Kelly, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Good Morning America and Fox & Friends. In early 2008 Bucky is scheduled to tour with Trace Adkins and later Dierks Bentley for the singer's "Throttle Wide Open" tour.

About Zippo

Founded in 1932, Zippo is a leading global marketer of refillable windproof pocket and utility lighters with an unparalleled lifetime guarantee. Based in Bradford, Pa., the company and its 800 employees manufacture and distribute products to more than 140 countries. Zippo also owns W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company, one of America's oldest and finest knife manufacturers, and Zippo Fashion Italia, maker of Italian fashion leather goods. For more information about Zippo, please visit www.zippo.com.

About Lyric Street Records

Lyric Street Records is a part of the Disney Music Group. The Disney Music Group is the recorded music and music publishing arm of the Walt Disney Studios.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 11:43:35 AM »
bucky

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:54:34 AM by RealityFreakWill »