Author Topic: Big Brother 7 debut loses viewers from previous seasons  (Read 2648 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Big Brother 7 debut loses viewers from previous seasons
« on: July 10, 2006, 07:48:41 AM »
From Realityblurred.com

Familiar faces inside the Big Brother 7 house have not resulted in an increased audience for the show; instead, they’ve actually repelled viewers.

The premiere episode was watched by 7.54 million viewers, which allowed CBS to win the hour on Thursday. But last year, 8.7 million viewers watched the first episode. And a year earlier, for the fifth season, 9.8 million viewers were watching by the show’s second week.

Worse, Big Brother 7’s debut was “down 18% from last year in 18-49 (3.4/11), according to Nielsen. It was also off 24% from two years ago (3.7/13),” Variety reports. Apparently both young people and viewers overall don’t share our obsessive love for the Chenbot and the kingdom she presides over.  :(
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline LOR-DTW

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Big Brother 7 debut loses viewers from previous seasons
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:22:15 AM »
I can't go w/that the 1st week, due to the holiday. I'll wait to see what the results are on week 2.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 02:04:39 PM »
I think a part of the problem is that a lot of people already knew who was in the house and what the twists were, so they didn't have to rush to watch the first show.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 01:57:50 AM »
 :ythat: chunky.  I agree.  I think the ratings will pick up once the ball get rolling with all the backstabbing,  B:) B:) B:)  !!  With America getting to vote in their Favs, that alone is significant, and surely they'll want to watch who they helped get there.   

Nuala

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 06:39:54 AM »
Tonights the second show night........

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »
Yup, it is!  :jumpy: