Author Topic: Apprentice reject sues Donald Trump and Mark Burnett for defamation  (Read 3217 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
from realityblurred.com

A 30-year-old man is suing Mark Burnett for “improper business practices and ethics” and for defamation, slander, and libel. Oh, and probably for attention.

Nicholas Christakis wasn’t cast for the first season of The Apprentice, but he did make the finals. He “claims in his federal civil action that Burnett ‘defamed, slandered and libeled’ him in front of a California casting crew during the August 2003 final interviews,” according to the Boston Herald.

The paper says that “Christakis filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection” and a year later, “his family’s Billerica breakfast nook, The Cove, was shut down by the town’s board of health. Christakis, his brother and mother sued. Christakis said his litigious history may have scared off Burnett.”

“He screwed me. I had the credentials. Donald Trump, with all due respect, probably would have given me his operations,” Christakis, clearly not even understanding the point of the show, which has nothing to do with Trump giving away “his operations.” Christakis also told the Boston Herald, “Mark Burnett passed judgment on me. He thought I was a lunatic.”
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Apprentice reject sues Donald Trump and Mark Burnett for defamation
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 07:15:13 PM »
from realityblurred.com

Oh, and probably for attention.

“Mark Burnett passed judgment on me. He thought I was a lunatic.”

UMMMMMM..... Uh.....  :ythat:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.