Author Topic: Treasure Hunters Episode 4 July 3rd  (Read 10183 times)

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Treasure Hunters Episode 4 July 3rd
« on: July 03, 2006, 08:22:47 PM »
I'm starting to like this episode so far.  The Browns are back in.  Big Shocker there.  :colealert:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Treasure Hunters Episode 4 July 3rd
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 08:57:10 PM »
you mean the " Clowns "  :lol: ?

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 08:59:35 PM »
Wow!  The Browns were the final team to get the artifact.  I'm actually proud of them.

Good bye Hanlons (as said on the spoliers part of this thread).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »
for next week ...theres a twist

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:14:35 PM »
It was a good episode.  Good clues, interesting locations, and bickering among teams.

The biggest drawback to me is the a problem that TAR8 faced.  Too many total participants in the game.
I still don't know all of the players. 

But then again, it took me half a season of TAR5 to be able to distinguish between Christie and Nicole. :groan:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:22:45 PM »
I agree Pedaler, I got the Team names down, but I gave up last week on learning their individual names.  And they have less people on TH than on TAR8.  TAR8 had 8 teams of 4 = 32 people (If I remember correctly) and TH had 10 teams of 3 = 30 people. 

And Strawberry Banke, the place in Pourtsmouth NH a few of the teams visited, is actually ten minutes away from where I live.  That's cool, IMO.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 11:04:01 PM »
I was wondering, since the teams were supplied with laptops, how some could have gotten lost on their way to the school: all they had to do was quiz Ask.com. Then I tried it myself--"mary c. burke school" address--and got the answer: five hits that had little to do with my search (a couple of hits assumed I was looking for a person). When I used the same phrase in Google, the very first hit supplied me with an address, a phone number and a map. Ol' Jeeves has some work to do.

Let me amend that. If teams had used the natural language questions that Ask prides itself on--where is mary burke school--they would have gotten a quality hit. They didn't (see cap below), but managed to find an address eventually. I'm not sure how the Fogals would up on the NorthEnd; I'm sure production told the teams to play with their GPS but if they had just followed the directions from the laptop I think they would have been better off.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 12:03:53 AM by Slowhatch »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 07:59:37 AM »
Good stuff, Slowhatch. Thanks.

Another unexplained shot to me a shot was one of the ex-Air Force team driving after they first went to Mary Burke school.  If you recall, they decided to go to Lexington.  However, for some reason they decided to go back to the school and try again.  When they were shown turing around, they were in downtown Boston on a city street.  If they were actually driving from Chelsea to Lexington, there's no way they would be on a downtown Boston street.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 09:06:01 AM by Pedaler »

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 08:08:42 AM »
I never noticed that.  And about the shot with Ask.com, the teams could have actually typed in "Where is mary c. burke school" and found it.  Later on, after filming ended, they put in a shot of someone typing in those words into Ask.com.  And notice how everytime they show an Ask.com question on the screen, the screen doesn't shake yet they're in a car while typing. 

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 08:52:05 AM »
somebody screwed up big and showed next week's episode up here and not this week's show. so i missed the hanlons getting eliminated. on the other hand...i can tell you about next week's show having watched it all...to be continued
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 10:05:49 AM »
I heard about that.  I tryed to find the torrent for it but couldn't find it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 10:33:16 AM »
can you fill us in some more cinni ?

:hrt:

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 12:07:06 PM »
warning, spoilers for those that care...

off the top of my head, they start off heading to an underground tunnel in the middle of the city. (can't remember where?) they all head off in their tundras and team miss usas actually get there first. the go down into the tunnel to "follow the drinking gourd". they find the message on the wall and memorize it. (what no pen and paper? duh.) but they walk off without taking the clue! (double duh!) i think the ex cia's and southie boys get there next and find the clue, a flag, and red sun glasses that reveal their next destination. a plantation south somewhere. this is the beginning of "follow the drinking gourd" show. (if we made a drinking game about every time they show the lyrics or play the music, you'd be drunk well before the show is half over.) the miss usas stumble around the grate where they went in and see the other teams come out with the flags etc and realize they screwed up big and go back for the clues. the rest of the teams stumble trough but get the right info and head off to the swamp. they're all told that $30k is waiting for the first team to find it before the next elimination. this seems to get their attention.

the southie boys get to the plantation first. they get a quilt with a map on it and a key. they are told to "follow the drinking gourd". they're going to follow a part of the underground railroad that the exslaves used to get to freedom. the song actually has symbols in it that correspond to the images on the map on the quilt. the idea is to take the key and find and open six boxes. you have to visit the boxes in the order of the song in order to get the key to the next box etc etc. but no one really gets that and off they all trek into the swamp. the southie boys find a box first but it's the wrong one and they gps it and realize that they need to follow the order.

the ex cia's and fogels arrive next and trek in. the ex-cias actually figure out what they're supposed to do and find the right box first. the southies and fogels end up marching along together. everyone wants to kill the whiney fogel girl who complains every step of the way. (i can't believe the southie boys are hanging out with them again!) the other teams arrive and one by one head off. they all struggle through water that's chest high in some cases. lots and lots of slogging.

when the ex-cia's make it to the third box, surprise, twist time. they have to choose time or team. they can leave one team member behind and keep going. there's a boat that will carry only two members of the team. they can choose to send it back for the third but it will cost them three hours. one by one, the teams leave one member behind with promises to return. the fogels leave the whiny crying daughter behind as mom sobs. the $30k is making them really think about the three hours they're giving up. but one by one, the first five teams return for their team mates, even the fogels. (rats!) the fogel girl sat there and cried the entire 3 hours. i'm sure the other team members sitting there wanted to drown her.

the first batch of teams make their way to the next three boxes. with all the drama over the separation, the southie boys get away from the fogels. (yeah!) they actually almost catch up to the ex cias. but the cia guys get to the sixth box first and win the $30k in gold coins that they have to carry out now.

the second last team to arrive at this box is the geniuses. all along the way, we're shown one of the guys really struggling and fighting his asma. we're shown the other two boating away discussing keeping him or not...one wants to keep him and the other thinks he is done.

the brown family has a real problem as one of the team falls in the deeper water and rips a muscle. they end up bringing in a medical team to take him away as they trudge back to the plantation.

and then we get..."to be continued..."

(if i had realized that we were seeing next weeks show, i would have taken some notes, sigh.)
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 12:32:57 PM »
THANKS cinni ! really that was a great recap ! . :jumpy:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 12:19:20 PM »
The longer this show runs, the more NBC screws up!  No wonder the audience is down to 5.2 million and running last in its time period. (according to Nielson ratings published today!)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 11:14:28 PM »
That's because I was waiting for those Hanlons to get the boot. Now with them gone, I'll be raising that number up (I hope.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Pretender

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 11:22:14 PM »
It was interesting to see the the six teams group together to go against the Fogals and AirForce.  There has to be something more about Ask.Com that we don't know about.  I mean, that would be the first thing I go to. 

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »
And Strawberry Banke, the place in Pourtsmouth NH a few of the teams visited, is actually ten minutes away from where I live.  That's cool, IMO.

Small world, I live about a 15 minute walk from Strawberry Banke.  The Winebaum-Wentworth House (as seen in this episode) is actually outside the main grounds of the Banke, and has been put up for private sale.  The money from the sale of the house will help with restoration of other buildings in the Banke.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »
Its a small world after all.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 05:44:19 AM »
Finally remembered to watch TH, but need to rewatch the tape since I had interuptions and didn't get to watch it all.   So this week...they repeated Ep 103 & aired new #104.  I'll read this thread to catch up,  and comment later.  :nitenite:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 11:48:49 AM »
TH took another dive in the Nielson ratings.  Down to 4.7 million (thats .5 million less than last week) At this rate we will be at a  minus figure by the time they find the treasure!!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 11:39:12 PM »
yeah, I stopped watching the show cos I was like Cinni and saw the same episode but did not see the one that Hanlons were in.  I can't quite put my finger on why the show is not that good. It doesn't grab me the same way as Amazing Race does.  It does get confusing with their editing and I can't stand that stupid ring of the cell phone and the bland host telling the teams the clue that I had just heard minutes ago with the other teams.  The show has a good concept because I love the clues and uncovering things.  I liked the "follow the gourd"clue --that was good.  Anyways, now I have more free time to enjoy the nice hot summer weather outside.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 01:25:23 AM »
What little I saw of TH, I'm not terribly impressed yet.  Like you, Bathfizzy, it doesn't grab me either...not like TAR.  But I will watch my tape...maybe later today, then decide if I'll keep watching or not...

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 08:00:55 PM »
You just never get to bond with any of the teams; you learn very little about them besides their "team" name.  Just a bunch of cold fish.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 03:23:54 AM »
Yeah that, Gingerman.  I probably won't keep watching.  I've seen enough.  That Fogel girl is a spoiled brat w/ her throwing tantrums & constant complaining. :groan:  Her poor attitude doesn't help her team.   
Most of the teams are kind of humdrum boring for the most part.

What I do like about the show are the clever ways they hide clues...like the map hidden inside quilt peices and blowing on the mirror relflection for the clue. 

I don't like the host at all.  He's stone faced and impersonal...and using the cell phone to communicate everything is robotic.  Even the elimination is done via the phone!  No personal contact at all...unless they did in EP 1, which I didn't see.   

Bzzzt...4 thumbs down...for TH. 
I'll take TAR and Phil K anyday!!  :hearts:   :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: