Author Topic: CBS.com to offer free viewing of 'Big Brother 7: All-Stars' episodes  (Read 3471 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
from realitytvworld.com

CBS has announced that for the first time in Big Brother's seven seasons, all of this summer's Big Brother 7: All-Stars episodes will be available for free viewing via CBS.com.

Beginning the morning after it airs on CBS, each Big Brother 7: All-Stars episode will be available for free online viewing via "innertube," CBS.com's new recently launched broadband channel. Each Big Brother 7: All-Stars episode will remain archived on innertube and available for free viewing throughout the show's entire summer broadcast run.

The decision to release Big Brother 7: All-Stars' episodes for free Internet streaming represents a new milestone in CBS's online strategy. After initially partnering with Google Video to make individual episodes of CSI, NCIS, and Survivor and some older programming available for online purchase and download late last year and then, earlier this year, beginning to make paid Survivor downloads available via CBS.com, the network announced in early June that it would begin making episodes of CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, NCIS, NUMB3RS, and Survivor available for download and purchase via Apple's iTunes Music Store.
innertube, launched earlier this spring after the network already partnered with Google's video service and begun offering Survivor episodes of purchase via CBS.com, had thus far focused on focused offering free streams of new original Internet programs and supplemental programming like behind-the-scenes features and interviews. Big Brother 7: All-Stars will be the first CBS primetime television program to be available in its entirety on innertube. According to CBS's initial innertube announcement, streaming encores of other CBS primetime programming is expected to be made available via the online broadband channel in the coming months.

While Big Brother 7: All-Stars' broadcast episodes will be available for free online streaming, the network won't be extending that policy to the show's non-broadcast video content -- as they have in previous seasons, the show's live Internet feeds will remain available by paid subscription only. Just like in previous years, CBS -- in a rather futile attempt to prevent live feed viewers from discovering Big Brother happenings before they are broadcast in primetime -- will continue to "block or delay... a limited number of real-time events that transpire in the house."

Also new to this year's interactive offerings is the "Big Brother Mobile Pack," a mobile subscription package that will allow Big Brother viewers to receive video clips, photos, live breaking house alerts and daily insider summaries on their cell phones.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline Danna

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: CBS.com to offer free viewing of 'Big Brother 7: All-Stars' episodes
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 12:19:13 PM »
That's kind of cool..... I mean i think most of us TiVo them anyways (at least i do) but it'll be nice to have somewhere to refer back to
I'm not sure I'd want constant updates on my cell phone, tho.....

Now if they'd just give us the live feeds for free!!!!  :tup:
LOL YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:24:16 PM »
I may not need my TV this year! I can watch everything on my new computer! I have a duel-core processor and two monitor mounts, so I can watch the free CBS show and keep an eye on the live feeds at the same time!
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 01:01:01 PM »
They should put old episodes on iTunes.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 01:06:56 PM »
Yes, like season one!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »
And all others.  I liked Season two and three, but I have three on DVD, so if they put Season 2 on iTunes, I'd buy!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 01:18:04 PM »
I've only seen six and would like to see the ones I have not seen.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF