Author Topic: What do you know about Chicken George?!  (Read 4499 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
What do you know about Chicken George?!
« on: June 25, 2006, 08:30:06 PM »
Will "Chicken" George Boswell Fly Again?
Will Chicken George make it in the house?
By June Ellis Wilson, June 23, 2006

Read the story here:
http://www.jokersupdates.com/jarticles/article.php?article=882

Anyone who watched BB1, please share your thoughts about Chicken George and anything else you want to share about Season 1!  I watched only 2 or 3 eppys.  There are probably others who didn't watch it either.  Please update us about BB1 with whatever stands out most in your mind!  :tup:   :please:   :thankyou: !!!!

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
Re: What do you know about Chicken George?!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 08:42:22 PM »
Let's see BB1, boy that was a long time ago.  BB1, was an interesting season, but not quite as exciting as the seasons that followed.  "Chicken" George and Brittney were probably the two most fun HG to watch in season 1.    With respect to "chicken" george he was a funny light-hearted kind of guy.  I think that if he ends up in BB All-Stars, he may be out week one.  I only say this because he's never had to play BB the way the rest of the players have.  He didn't have to scheme and form "clicks."  Im not sure that he would be able to work it in the All-Star house.

Should he be voted into the sure, it would be fun to see his wackiness in the house again, and i believe he would be a good fit for an alliance with Kaysar, Janie, and Howie.

Over all season 1 was kind of bad, only because by like week 4 all the "exciting" people were gone.  After that it was like watching a game of who could suck up to the viewers the most.  I think that re-tooling the format was the best thing they did for the show.  But dang it, give us more America's choice chances.
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 08:58:24 PM »
 :thankyou:   the game!  Great summary!  I agree that if George gets in the house, he would be a good teamate w/ Kaysar, Janie, and Howie.   Here's hoping he gets in...not only b/c he'd be very entertaining, but he's the only candidate repping BB1.  It would be great to have him...even if he did get voted out in Week 1.  But unless George is obnoxious & they just can't stand him, I think he would stay longer, b/c there are too many GREATER threats.  ;D   

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 09:53:42 PM »
A restaurant in George's hometown allowed people to vote for George for free (they were footing the 1-900 bills), and Brittany got the boot instead (wasn't she very popular..hmmm).

He initiated the idea of getting everybody to leave the show, and threaten to quit the game. In the end, they decided to stay put.

George changed his hair color along with Brittany (brown to green to blonde).

He knows his US highways (the weeklong grocery challenge involved memorizing the US freeway system)

He took care of the chickens (NOTE: Bob Barker rescued the chickens at the end of BB1).

That's all I remember. I still have some old tapes, I'll look again.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 10:06:32 PM »
LOL! Bob Barker rescued the chickens at the end of BB1?!  You mean he actually went on the show to rescue them? 

PsychoJason, Thanks for the info about Chicken George.  Interesting!   He'd be a cool guy for All Stars even if he doesn't last long.  If America doesn't give him enough votes, I wish the BB7 producers would put him in the house!  :tup:  :waves:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 08:49:32 AM »
George sounds like fun.  Even though I never saw the first season, I still want George to go in the house because he does diserve a chance to play this version of Big Brother.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 11:36:55 AM »
Agreed , we need someone to represent season 1 ! I don't know George but from what you all said he seems like fun .

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 11:48:22 AM »
I saw the Premier episode of BB1 yesterday and he and Josh are the only two that are actually interesting, so I see why there was only one person from BB1 in the Top 20.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 02:49:48 AM »
Agreed , we need someone to represent season 1 ! I don't know George but from what you all said he seems like fun .
Most definitely, puddin.  I wonder if cbs will put George in even with a low % of votes.  IOW, will they choose him mainly to have someone rep Season 1?  Or go strictly by vote %?  Here's hoping that by hook or by crook, he'll make it in the House!  :jam:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 08:40:28 AM »
It would be nice to have a rep from each season.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 08:44:05 AM »
It would be nice to have a rep from each season.

Couldn't agree more.  2 from each season would make for a great show.  But since they have changed producers since BB1 there is no love from CBS for BB1. (:;)
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »
As Puddin would say - Season one is like CBS's red-headed step-child.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 08:58:08 AM »
As Puddin would say - Season one is like CBS's red-headed step-child.

LOL that would perfectally describe how they seem to treat it. (:;)
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 09:03:16 AM »
 :lol3:

Offline LOR-DTW

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 10:56:08 AM »

Chicken George was fantastic on BB1.  It grew into a love/hate relationship though.  In the beginning, playing as Brit's shadow you couldn't help but root for him, then he went psycho, and omg, (lmao right now) did some crazy stunt in the shower, He made the shower into a spaceship so he could escape lmao..(if I remember correctly)   

Unlike alot of the posts, I loved season 1, and hate that CBS didnt promote it as much not 100% their fault though.
The final 3

Josh (hot guy) got to play as a "sabatour" and try to sabatoge the game w/a potatoe clock ha
Eddie(also hot) the big winner, didnt get enough recognition. (damn aol)
Oh then there was, Curtis, Yep have to say he was hot also.

Oh and back then, and a couple seasons after, you had the fly overs w/the planes people rented, so they could let the other house guest members know who was back-stabbing who, which was funny cuz all hell would break loose. 

But back to george, I have voted for him over and over again, He truely should go in the house, I dont believe he would be voted out the 1st week, maybe by wk 5, but he really LOVED the game, and with all the new and inventive games cbs has come up with, I think he would really like to give it a go one more time.

Trying to think up some more memories from BB1
In a nut shell, yes George was, well is, a NUT, he would make a good HG. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 11:21:36 AM »
A nut in the house = good tv ! I'm getting some votes in for George  :jam:
thanks lor7549 for the details :yaya:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 01:57:48 AM »
LOR, great info about George!  Thanks!  :jumpy:  There are more George fans than I
imagined!   
    Cool!  Wishing like crazy he'll be in the House as I know from what I'm hearing , he would be a real hoot!   :jam:   Hope America voted him IN, but if not...CBS better let him in or I'm gonna be sooo p'o!!  We need his entertainment!!   :umn:  Oh and LOR...I'm glad you think he wouldn't be the first evictee. :tup: