Author Topic: Katharine treated for bulimia before Idol began  (Read 3529 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Katharine treated for bulimia before Idol began
« on: June 22, 2006, 08:06:47 AM »
From Realityblurred.com

Katharine treated for bulimia before Idol began, was throwing up seven times a day at the auditions

Katharine will reveal in People and Teen People tomorrow that she is “a recovering bulimic,” according to MTV.com. She started throwing up at age 17, and “was throwing up seven times a day” when she auditioned for American Idol 5. MTV reports that “she knew if she made the show, that couldn’t continue — not if she wanted to win.” Thus, she sought treatment.

Katharine tells People, “Food — my eating disorder — was the one thing holding me back. I mean, here I am, this singer, and it was so horrible on my vocal cords. So when I got on the show, I said, ‘You know what? I can do well. Let me give myself a chance and just get a hold of this thing.’”

She “entered a three-month program at the Los Angeles Eating Disorder Center of California in October so she could start shooting the show in December,” and “hasn’t binged since two weeks before entering the program,” the site reports.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.