Author Topic: Lies & Deception: Tijuana Bradley Voted Out  (Read 4002 times)

Logo101

Lies & Deception: Tijuana Bradley Voted Out
« on: November 27, 2003, 07:55:19 AM »
LIES & DECEPTION: TIJUANA BRADLEY VOTED OUT

As SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS pushed forward, alliances were broken, innocent people were framed and a most unbelievable lie was forged before Tijuana Bradley, the 27-year-old pharmaceutical sales representative from St. Louis, Missouri, was sent home in a five to two vote. The ex-Morgan tribe member was sacrificed just a day before her birthday. Shortly after her torch was extinguished, an upbeat Tijuana explained, "For the rest of the tribe members in the game, I have no animosity to any of them. I made it to the Jury. I'm proud of myself. So, with that being said, peace."

WHO THREW THE FISH OUT?

After returning from the Tribal Council in which Rupert was voted out, Sandra Diaz-Twine the 29-year-old office assistant from Ft. Lewis, Washington, was furiously yelling at Jon Dalton, the 29-year-old art consultant from Danville, Virginia, for breaking their alliance. After Sandra's tirade, the tribe noticed that someone had thrown out their dinner, a bucket of fish caught earlier that day. The tribe blamed Christa Hastie, the 24-year-old computer programmer from Los Angeles, California, who emphatically denied it.

Christa was being framed. "I got up to camp first, and I grabbed the bucket full of fish, and it was so damn heavy. I tripped on a vine, and I spilled all the fish," confessed the real culprit, Sandra.

REWARD CHALLENGE: LOVED ONES OVERBOARD

As the tribe converged for a Reward Challenge, host Jeff Probst explained that the competition involved a personal quiz about the Balboa tribe members, with the losers having to walk the plank into the ocean. But it wouldn't be the castaways who would have to walk the plank; it would be their loved ones! In an extremely emotional moment, Jeff reunited the tribe members with their loved ones, which included Sandra's husband, Christa's fiancé, Burton's mother, Lillian's husband, Tijuana's childhood friend, Darrah's boyfriend and Jon's best friend. Before the Challenge started, Jon was crushed to hear news from home that his grandmother had died.

Jeff explained that the Challenge would involve asking Survivors questions about themselves. Both the castaways and their loved ones would write down an answer; when the answers matched, that castaway would get to chose another's loved one to take a step towards walking off the plank. The last dry loved one would then get to live at the Balboa camp with his or her castaway for 24 hours as a reward.

The Challenge started with Sandra choosing Jon's best friend to take a step out on the plank. Jon took offense to this, because he wished to win the Challenge in order to hear details of his grandmother's passing. The first loved one sent jumping into the ocean was Sandra's husband, followed by Christa's fiancé, then Darrah's boyfriend, followed by Burton's mother and Tijuana's friend. With only Lillian's husband and Jon's friend left, it was up to Burton Roberts, the 31-year-old marketing executive from San Francisco, California, to decide which one would get to stay for the night. Considering Jon's unfortunate situation, Burton chose Lillian's husband, who became to the final loved one to jump from the plank into the ocean.

As Jon hugged his best friend, he learned that they would share the camp on their own. The rest of the Balboa tribe would not get any more time with their loved ones and would be banished to a separate remote island for the night with nothing but matches and a machete.

ALL IS FAIRPLAY IN LOVE AND WAR

As the hungry tribe tried making the best of their new temporary home, Jon and his friend would get the Balboa camp to themselves. It was a sacrifice worth making as it was important for Jon to spend time with his friend, Dan, to hear details of his grandmother's passing. As Burton explained, "Jon's grandmother just passed, and we all kind of agreed that 'Hey, let's just let Jon take this.'"

Back at Balboa, Jon and his buddy, Dan, celebrated the fact that their deception had gone off without a hitch. In a preplanned move, Jon had had Dan lie about his grandmother's demise. "My grandmother's sitting home watching Jerry Springer right now," Jon smiled.

RECRUITING TIJUANA

After returning to camp, Sandra and Christa lobbied Tijuana to break her current alliance with Burton, Lill and Jon. As Burton and Jon went for a private walk, Sandra grabbed Tijuana in order for them to eavesdrop on the two men. As Burton and Jon discussed their hopes and plans, Sandra and Tijuana heard it all. "We need to regroup; we need to have a different plan, because our alliance is going to be kicking us out, most likely, fourth and fifth," noted Tijuana after hearing Jon and Burton's secret meeting.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THIS?

As the tribe reconvened for an Immunity Challenge, Jeff explained that they would all take part in a word Challenge. Each castaway would have a board with three words placed on it, broken up by letters. They would use the letters from those three words to form 20 new words. If a word is spelled wrong, that Survivor would be eliminated. The first Balboa tribe member to create twenty correct words would win individual Immunity.

Shortly after the Challenge started, the tribe members had trouble with their spelling. Christa was eliminated for incorrectly spelling a word. Tijuana was then eliminated for breaking the rules by choosing a plural. Jon was next to go for also misspelling a word. When Burton announced he had finished, Jeff Probst checked the board, and Burton was granted immunity.

As the tribe members headed back towards camp, they were surprised to be called back. Jeff had failed to notice a misspelled word on Burton's board. Burton was stripped of Immunity and the competition was rekindled with a time-trial playoff between Lill, Darrah and Sandra. In the end Darrah Johnson, the 22 year-old mortician from Liberty, Mississippi, won the playoff, securing Immunity for herself.

IT'S A WOMAN'S WORLD

With Darrah owning Immunity and the women outnumbering the men, Jon and Burton found themselves in trouble. Knowing the ex-Morgan women wanted Burton out, Jon attempted to recreate an alliance with former tribemates Sandra and Christa. Sandra made it clear that she didn't trust Jon. Jon swore on his grandmother that he wouldn't break her trust, the same grandmother he claimed had died who hadn't in fact died. "We're listening, but you have done us wrong so many times before," Sandra remarked in reference to Jon's proposition.

In the end, Jon's attempts at reconciliation with his former Drake allies were successful as the tribe voted out Tijuana in a five to two decision. Tijuana becomes the third member of the Jury and will ultimately help decide who will win the million dollars and the title of Sole Survivor.

CHECK BACK NEXT WEEK!

~Logo101~

Logo101

Re:Lies & Deception: Tijuana Bradley Voted Out
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 08:30:31 AM »
Again CBS.Com helped me wright this! I liked Tijuana a lot and I hate Jon, Burton and Lillian! I want the final four to be Christa, Sandra, Darrah and Burton! It won't happen though! LOL

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 09:29:53 AM »
Burton, I do not want Burton anywhere near the end! He is just a big an ass as Jon! Get rid of him! He his strong however! He could make it!

Rob

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2003, 01:22:13 AM »
I was shocked when they voted T off.  I don't get how Sandra and Christa sided with Jon when he has lied to them so often and also wanted them to walk the plank in the reward challenge. When Jon won the rewrd challenge he hugged and kissed everyone except for Sandra and Christa.  What is the fancy editing not showing us?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 06:41:25 PM »

Tijuana on The Early Show~~

Tijuana Bradley (Photo: CBS/The Early Show)

(CBS) Betrayal is paying of for some of the "Survivor" contestants, ousted tribemate Tijuana Bradley tells The Early Show.

Sandra convinced Tijuana that Burton and Jon had formed an alliance against the others, and she worked to convince the other "Survivor" contestants to vote out Burton at Tribal Council. Unfortunately for Tijuana, Jon's slippery tactics won Christa and Sandra over, and when it came time to vote, they banded together and sent her home.

Talking about Sandra, Tijuana says, “She did approach me and said, ‘Hey, listen to this.’ And I listened and found out myself and Darrah would be the next to go and I wasn’t going to have that. So, instead, we decided with the girls that we would stick together and take Burton down. But Jon, behind my back, lied to Christa. He said I hated her and I wanted her gone. As a result, I was the next person out.”

A man with no ethics and absolutely obnoxious is how Tijuana describes Jon. So why is he still playing the game?

“I still don’t know,” she says. “I think at the time, he just sounded so convincing and especially for Christa and Sandra. They thought what he was seeing would get them gold and, as a result, we paid the price. I tell you what, every week as his character unfolds, he becomes more and more despicable.”

On Thursday’s episode, Jon pulled a "fake dead grandma" scam, committing the single worst act of deception in Survivor history.

Tijuana says, “I’m pissed off about that, too, just because I supported him. He lost his grandmother. I know how hard it is to lose a family member. Let’s support him and stick together and forget the game. It’s morally and ethically human and he played us.”

John lied at a pirate-themed reward challenge in which the Survivors were reunited with one loved one each for a question-and-answer quiz game designed to reveal just how well they knew each other. The winner's reward was to have their loved one spend the night at camp, while the remaining castaways were banished to a new deserted island.

Jon's friend shared the news that his grandmother had died. Jon, all grief and tears, easily gained the sympathy of his fellow tribe mates, and they agreed to toss the reward challenge his way, enabling his friend "Thunder D" to stay the night and share news of his grandmother.

But as soon as Jon and Thunder D were alone, they broke out the high fives and evil chuckles at having duped the rest of the contestants. Jon proved once again he'll do anything to beat the game.

Tijuana did not know about his plot until it was revealed on Thursday’s episode, but she says she had her suspicions.

“When I heard in different interviews that something was going on about who would lie, I knew Jon would be the big liar but at the same time, I didn’t know what it was. So I was blown away,” she says.

The person she says she has gained respect for is Sandra. Though Tijuana says it didn’t start that way, “She didn’t do too much work on the island and it was kind of frustrating, but, at the same time, now looking at the game, I have a great respect for her. She’s playing the game big-time.”

As for Burton and Lil being back in the game, Tijuana says it is a twist she does not agree with.

She says, “I respect CBS and the fact of bringing back a new change of the game but as far as the concept, I hate it because they have an up on us. They had time to think what they would do different. I wish I could do things differently.”

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 08:55:50 PM »
Thanks Puddin
That's great info.  I can't wait for the lynching. :o Maybe MB was gonna make him walk a plank in shark infested waters at the reunion show, in Panama.  Whatever will they do with Jon in L.A.?

I can't wait to hear how others feel.
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 09:06:35 PM »
Thanks puddin.  I missed T's interview on the early show.
I tell you what, every week as his character unfolds, he becomes more and more despicable.”

I really can't see how Jon can get any more despicable then he is now.  I can hardly wait for the reunion show when the remaining castaways give him a piece of their mind.  And I hope Jeff strings him up and feeds him to the sharks.