Author Topic: Biggest Loser Returns in September  (Read 3966 times)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Biggest Loser Returns in September
« on: June 18, 2006, 11:10:48 PM »
Season three of The Biggest Loser kicks off in September, and there's no Jillian. There's a new girl trainer named Kim Lyons. (Well, considering how the last two grand prize winners were trained by Jillian, I can see how they've switched things up.) I don't know what twists (if any) will come out of this from the start, so I'll have to watch the show in two months to find out.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Biggest Loser Returns in September
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:08:06 AM »
Thanks Mandy  :waves:

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Loser trainer smitten
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 07:40:12 AM »
Planning for the second series of Australia's Biggest Loser is underway and the show's trainer Bob Harper confesses he loves Sydney so much he may retire Down Under.
Filming for the second series is expected to start in November, after the first series, screened earlier this year, was a hit for Network Ten.

Adriano "Adro" Sarnelli was Australia's first Biggest Loser shedding 51.3 kilograms and winning $200,000.

Harper, who helped Sarnelli and 11 other overweight Australians shed kilos, says he fell in love with Sydney during for the first series and would consider living here permanently.

"I absolutely would (move to Australia)," Harper said from the United States.

"I have fallen in love with Sydney, I am not kidding, I can see myself having a little flat in Bondi and calling it a day."

Harper's original sidekick, Jillian Michaels, quit the US series and was replaced by Kim Lyons. But Harper won't rule out Michaels returning for the Australian series.

He said it was unlikely Lyons would be making the trip and if Michaels didn't take up the offer an Australian trainer would get the role.

Network Ten is remaining tight-lipped on the identity of the female motivator.

"I love Jillian and I hope she comes back and does the Australian version," Harper said.

"I am so used to working with Jillian, we were like an old married couple, so hopefully it's Jillian, but if not an Aussie trainer."

Harper says battling the bulge is a lifestyle change and not something you can give up on once the weight is off.

"People need to realise there is no end result, it's a constant, ever changing and ever evolving process," Harper said.

"Once you reach whatever your goal is life still goes on and you are still going to have to make healthy choices or you are back in the same boat."

With filming for America's third series already in full swing, Harper and Michaels will hit Australian screens again on Wednesday night with a Biggest Loser special.

Two families, the Muha and Samuel teams, are pitted against each other in a bid to transform their unhealthy lifestyles and ultimately win $US50,000 ($67,417).

Harper says while other reality programs may be ratings losers, The Biggest Loser phenomenon isn't going away.

"When it comes to weight loss people just love watching other people struggle with it," he said.

"People in America and Australia come up on a daily basis and say how motivated and inspired they are from watching and that's what we are here for."
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Nuala

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 10:23:21 PM »
cool.........australia?  Did you guys see that matt and susi are getting married?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 03:31:10 PM »
That is cool they are getting married...good for them not only losing teh weight but finding each ohter.