Author Topic: Big Brother UK Version  (Read 129070 times)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Big Brother UK Version
« Reply #475 on: December 08, 2006, 09:35:13 AM »
Keep in mind those names provied are for her "Ideal" housemates. As for this being a 'confirmed' housemate, I'd look elsewhere than the Sun for confirmation. I don't recall if I listed it, but it was reported in the Sun. Not exactly well known for being a 100% accurate newspaper. In fact, some claim it borders on tabloid. Just keep that in mind.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #476 on: December 08, 2006, 09:58:34 AM »
Oh, I must not have seen that.  Now, I do, lol.  Well, at least the surprize of who goes into the house is still there.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #477 on: December 08, 2006, 10:02:43 AM »
I think today I'm going to review all the articles, and work on the potential housemate list again.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #478 on: December 10, 2006, 10:18:52 AM »
Source: http://bbuksite.net/article/bb136.html

Now we’re getting nearer to the show, we take one of our final looks at the rumours flying around the tabloids and internet forums.

Adding to previous speculation, David Hasselhoff, who could appear in the house until the 31st of January, has shown that he definitely doesn’t have a problem with reality TV shows. His teenage daughters are set to start in their own. Taylor Ann, 16, and Hayley, 14, will be filmed for E! Entertainment in January. Is this planned to coincide with their fathers appearance in Celebrity Big Brother 5, or is it merely a co-incidence? We’ll soon find out.

The second rumour we’ve heard is that Page 3 Girl and former Celebrity Wrestling contesta Lelania Dowding will be appearing in the house. The Sun claim that the model will join the series straight from the off. A show insider told the paper Leilania is a great girl — down to earth and friendly. We’ve never had a Page 3 girl before.”

The next rumour sees another good looking woman offered a deal. This time it’s American Pie star Tara Reid. The blonde bombshell is American and we all know how bosses like their American celebrities. Other rumoured additions include shamed Miss Great Britan Daniell Lloyd, who was stripped of the title after it emerged she was seeing one of the judges. And BB executive producer Angela Jain has revealed that her dream contestant would be Whitney Houston - who has reportedly been offered a whopping £500,000 and would become the highest paid celebrity if she accepts.

And finally, Scottish MP Tommy Sheridan has turned down a £100,000 offer to appear. He says he turned the deal down because bosses couldn’t guaruntee that his political beliefs would be given air time. He told the Daily Record: “I’m definitely not doing Celebrity Big Brother. They made a very generous offer but there were no guarantees of communicating my political ideas. Therefore, it was not right at this time. At first, I ruled it out completely. But they kept coming back upping the offer. People were saying to me, ‘Don’t rule it out, think about it’. This is not a decision on principle but, on balance, it’s not right now.”

Bashful

« Reply #479 on: December 10, 2006, 11:25:31 AM »
What exactly is a "Page 3 girl"?

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #480 on: December 10, 2006, 11:31:05 AM »
A Page 3 girl is a woman who models for topless photographs published on the third page of the UK tabloid newspaper The Sun.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #481 on: December 11, 2006, 08:33:41 AM »
Interview with Sam:

Our interview with Sam from BB7!
Published by Adam on Saturday, 9 December 2006 1:32 PM Tags: BB7, cbb5, celebrity big brother, channel 4, charity, interview, sam, site news.

BB7's Sam Earlier this week, we were lucky enough to have the chance to interview Sam from BB7. Sam entered the BB7 house on Day 12, but was evicted 11 days later.

What made you apply to be on BB7?
It was an accident, as I had stood in the wrong queue.

What was the highlight of your BB experience and why?
Getting to be part of something special, and meeting an array of interesting characters.

What was the lowlight of your BB experience and why?
When you find out friends have betrayed your trust and sold stories. You know who your real friends are, put it that way.

If you could do it all again, would you?
Most certainly, yes, but I would have gone in the first week rather than one week later, as its always difficult to try an adapt to a group that has already formed. It makes you feel like an outsider.

Are you looking forward to Celebrity Big Brother returning this January?
It should be good.

Which celebrities would you love to see in the BB house?
Whitney Houston!

What have you been up to since appearing on BB?
I’ve been working on my Documentary for BBC THREE, about myself and others going through the same situation as myself (identity wise), personal appearances, mainly in Scotland, Ireland, and parts of England, and attending different film premieres and celebrity parties. Of course, along with the masses of time I spend for different Charity causes.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #482 on: December 11, 2006, 08:36:33 AM »
Anna Nicole Smith
She’s been rumoured to be going in for years now and to be honest, I don’t think she will.
But her eccentric behaviour and wild antics would have millions in stitches.
I think Anna would surprise people in a similar way to David Gest on I’m A Celeb.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tickets released for Friday 5th January
« Reply #483 on: December 11, 2006, 08:38:02 AM »
Published by Andrew on Monday, 11 December 2006 12:40 AM Tags: cbb5, celebrity big brother, tickets, twists.

CBB5 eyeTickets have been released for the live CBB5 shows on Friday 5th January.

Tickets are usually only issued for evictions or entrances and suggest a special twist could be in store for housemates on their 3rd night.

Live shows are scheduled for 8.30pm and 10.30pm on Channel 4, with Big Mouth following at 11pm on E4.

We’ll be following this story as we find out more…

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #484 on: December 11, 2006, 09:36:38 AM »
I bet it's a surprize eviction.  They have to immediately nominate, and then viewers vote over the half hour break, then they return to evict someone.  The thing is that the celebs don't know until someone walks out that it's live.  You know, kind of like thw twist that sent home Chicken George.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #485 on: December 11, 2006, 08:49:03 PM »
David Scwhimmer latest rumoured housemate

As well as former Friends star David, Hollywood A-Lister Dustin Hoffman has also been rumoured, as well as the considerably less famous Rachel Stevens, whose former fiancée Jeremy Edwards appeared in the third series of Celebrity Big Brother.

“There’s been a lot of brainstorming going on this year, and Channel 4 want the next series to have a celebrity glam factor, something that the last series lacked,” said an insider.

“They’re looking for some major names and David Schwimmer is high on the list as well as Dustin Hoffman and Jackie Mason. Channel 4 is serious about making this series the best yet.”

With the show literally just weeks away, Channel 4 will be hoping to make this series the best one yet, especially after the success of the fourth series earlier this year. However, the papers have been known to name A-Listers in the past, and these rumours very rarely come true, so we at BBUK will be treating this one with a pinch of salt.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Celeb Big Brother' signs up Dirk Benedict
« Reply #486 on: December 12, 2006, 07:30:44 AM »
TV News
'Celeb Big Brother' signs up Dirk Benedict?

Tuesday, 12th December 2006, 11:58
LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Former 'A-Team' star Dirk Benedict has reportedly signed up to appear on the next 'Celebrity Big Brother'. Producers hope Benedict, who played master of disguise Face in the 80s hit show, will attract more viewers to the reality TV show which kicks off in the New Year. A source at Channel 4 revealed: "Getting one of the A-Team is a major coup for us." Former 'Baywatch' star David Hasselhoff has also reportedly signed up to appear on the show. TV bosses are said to have agreed to pay Hasselhoff the most expensive salary in the show's history, a record £200,000 fee. Bosses have also reportedly approached Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding - known for her partying and heavy drinking - as they think she will be the perfect celebrity to sex up the show. The feisty blonde could join TV presenter John Leslie, Bond girl Grace Jones, Whitney Houston and former Blue singer Duncan James. The new series of 'Celebrity Big Brother' begins in January.

Keep in mind, this paper is indicating David Hasselhoff has signed and in another source he has already denied he will be able to make it. So, make of this what you will. Personally, I love when a plan comes together.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #487 on: December 12, 2006, 09:07:34 AM »
I hope he has signed up for CBB5.  It'd be a good season with him on it, and he'd go far.  I know we are all in the dark about this, but I wish Channel 4 would tell us the cast soon!  AHHHH!  The anticipation.

....and the list of names gets longer....

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #488 on: December 12, 2006, 09:16:37 AM »
Just for the record. We will not know the names of the celebrities till launch night. As is reported at BBUK

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #489 on: December 12, 2006, 09:33:22 AM »
One rumour going around is Glyn and Nikki wil be the BBUK members being used as reporters. I could handle Glyn, but not so sure about Nikki. I think Glyn and Imogen would be a great team. They could talk Welsh in the house and we could get subtitles as they talk about upcoming twists right in the house.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #490 on: December 12, 2006, 09:55:04 AM »
I never even heard that we would get 'reporters' in the house, but I guess I know now!  I could bare with both of them, but I do agree that Imogen would be better over Nikki.  As much as I love Nikki, Imogen and Gyln make a better team.  Haha, how about Richard and Shahbaz as a team?  Or Grace and Susie?  Doubt those will happen, but It would be quite funny.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: December 12, 2006, 09:56:30 AM »
Those are great ideas! LOL How abou Sam and anyone else? Aisleyne and Spirol?

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: December 12, 2006, 09:59:47 AM »
CBB5 Executive Producers Interview
Published by Andrew on Thursday, 7 December 2006 6:10 PM Tags: big brother 9, cbb5, celebrity big brother, Claire ODonohoe, interview, Paul Osborne.

Channel 4A new official interview with producers Paul Osborne and Claire O’Donohoe has been released, read on for the transcript in full.

What’s going to be different about this year’s Celebrity Big Brother?
Well, we can’t go into detail because that would spoil the surprise but there will be more celebrities than ever before, more twists, more turns and we’re hoping it’ll be the biggest and best series yet.

What’s the house like – is it still smaller than ever? Is there any sauna or spa to keep the celebs warm?
As the house was designed with an inside/outside theme in the summer we’ve had to remodel it quite a bit for the winter weather (no-one wants to eat outside in January!). But it is essentially the same house, bold and ornate - and there will still be nowhere to hide. You’ll have to wait until launch night to see what any new features might be…

Is there a particular strategy you’re using to cast this year’s housemates? Are you hoping for another George Galloway or Pete Burns or Michael Barrymore?
There is no real strategy as such – the casting process is similar in most ways to the normal Big Brother, in that we’re looking for the most diverse and fascinating housemates as possible who will be able to entertain the nation in January.

Which of last year’s celebrities surprised you most, in terms of their experience in the house?
One of the biggest surprises was, in hindsight, the Preston/Chantelle romance. Who knew that there would ever be love in the Celebrity Big Brother House?

What do you ask the celebrities when you go to meet them? How can you tell if they are suitable for the show? Is it similar to recruiting ‘civilian’ housemates?
In many ways it is a very similar process – we ask similar questions and we make sure that any prospective celebrities have thought about it very carefully. The main difference is that we don’t have tens of thousands of celebrities applying to take part!

How far are you casting the net – in terms of nationalities or professions?
We always aim to create as diverse a cast as possible and, as has been the case in the past, we don’t stop at UK celebrities… but you’ll have to wait and see who gets out of the car on launch night.

How much information do you give the celebrities about the show? Some, like Jackie Stallone, can seem a little ‘confused’ about the Big Brother rules.
The celebrity housemates are provided with a full set of Big Brother rules well in advance of entering the house. Any confusion would only arise if they didn’t read them!

Do you think the celebrities you’re talking to are getting wise to the Big Brother game and will really play along?
The viewers are always very astute – they don’t let housemates get away with not playing the game or being themselves. Also, after seven series of the summer version, Big Brother still finds ways to surprise and shock the housemates. Celebrities are no different…

How do you keep the housemates’ identities secret before they go in?
Only a select group of people know the identities of the celebrity housemates and the housemates themselves are asked to keep it secret.

Chantelle as a non-celebrity housemate was a fantastic twist last year. How are you going to top it?
That would be telling…

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #493 on: December 12, 2006, 11:11:35 AM »
How are they going to top next year's twist?  Gosh I can't wait.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #494 on: December 12, 2006, 11:17:06 AM »
It sounds like there may be some really big names this year! I'm excited.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #495 on: December 12, 2006, 12:53:28 PM »
I'm excited too!  I just wish everyone else was excited with us. 

Bashful

« Reply #496 on: December 12, 2006, 03:04:40 PM »
I'm not really a Big Brother fan, but I am rather curious.  What do you fans hope to see happen in the BB house?  What do you look forward to?  Basically, what is the big DRAW to Big Brother?

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #497 on: December 12, 2006, 03:55:22 PM »
The basic draw to Big Brother is the same as basis as "Survivor" or "The Amamzing Race".  It's a reality show where we watch people interact and play a game.  Big Brother gives you the opportunity to pay money and watch the contestants discuss the game LIVE through the internet.  That ability is what makes Big Brother unique.  All we see in the house is crazy things people do, and what they really talk about.  It's a huge social experiment that puts a spin on the novel "1984".

Bashful

« Reply #498 on: December 12, 2006, 09:37:42 PM »
I would be surprised to see  Dustin Hoffman join the Celebrity BB group as it's not something he would need for his career.  Yet, I hear Hoffman enjoys messing with people's heads and he would surely be a colorful addition.  Frankly, I wouldn't mind watching a BB show if it was all men instead of a mixed group.  The energy would be totally different and I have always wondered how guys would interact with each other when there are no babes around or likely to be.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #499 on: December 12, 2006, 09:45:49 PM »
Maybe that's when "The House next Door" twist will come in.  Two houses, separated by gender, especially celebrities.  Would make for a great season.