Author Topic: Big Brother UK Version  (Read 129321 times)

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Big Brother UK Version
« Reply #350 on: September 12, 2006, 08:36:22 PM »
I think that she just wanted to go on to become famous.  In reality, it worked against her, she's too boring to be famous. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #351 on: September 12, 2006, 08:43:27 PM »
Exactly. LOL
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #352 on: September 12, 2006, 08:45:28 PM »
I hope they don't do that Kit Kat twist next season.  It was a good idea on paper, but when it happened it sucked. 

I can't wait until next season, should be entertaining.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #353 on: September 12, 2006, 08:49:27 PM »
Now that I've got my feet wet, I'm more interested in it. Also, I signed up for information as the show is about to begin again so next season I should be able to keep up with it. I'd love to find a bigger audience if I write my articles on it again, otherwise I'm not sure if I'll do the recaps.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #354 on: September 12, 2006, 09:53:59 PM »
We need to get more people to join in on the chat for the UK version of the show.  How can we spread the word?

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: September 12, 2006, 10:06:07 PM »
Not sure. Maybe I can join a UK forum and infect them. LOL
I tried drviing interest here in my articles. I got a lot of hits, but didn't seem to get many people over to chat about it.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2006, 07:36:29 AM »
I agree, I should join their forum too, but I can't understand British slang too well (I hard a hard time on the show).  How many people were viewing your articles?

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #357 on: September 13, 2006, 10:23:08 AM »
I had more people checking out my BBUK articles than my BBUS articles if that's any indication. I think the hit count on several of them ran into the 1000 or 2000.
As for British slang I've pretty much figured it all out. If you have any questions, just ask. I've watched tons of British TV in my time.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #358 on: September 13, 2006, 10:35:22 AM »
Wow, BBuk is most definitely more popular than BBusa.  It's better in so many ways.

And I don't have any questions yet about the slang (I do know what wankers means), but if I do have one, I'll ask.

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "You say that to all the girls..."
« Reply #359 on: September 13, 2006, 07:44:14 PM »
Just curious.....how is it better?
AT THE END OF THE DAY, IT'S STILL JUST THE END OF THE DAY!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2006, 09:39:48 AM »
No lame characters or twists like on BBusa.  They have great twists on the Uk version.  This season, they had a house next door in which the audience voted to move in one of the houseguests into it and they met 5 brand new houseguests.  She had to evict one by one every day and the evictees would movie into Big Brother House after they got 'evicted'.  When it came to her and the last two new HGs, she had to pick one to bring with her into the BB house, and one to send out the front door, never to have a chance at the Big brother game.  The public also voted an evictee back into the house. 

They had very strong characters, like Pete (the winner) had tourettes syndrome.  Aisleyne was a ghetto princess.  Nikki was a buxom complainer.  Sam(uel) was a scottish transvestite.  Richard was a gay canadian.  And Shahbaz was incredibly flamboyant. 

The competetions were great too. They had so many that were exciting, it's hard to choose between them all.  They were much more fun to watch than the USA ones. 

If you want to start watching it next season, Jeff and I get the shows through BitTorrent.  BB8 is most likely going to start in May 2007, so we'd be glad for you to watch the season with us and join in on our conversation!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2006, 09:56:19 AM »
There was almost something going on every episode. I think one of my favorite challenges had to do with the milk challenge. The houseguests were told they had to keep milk in this large vat overnight. There were holes in the vat causing the milk to leak out. If the houseguests kept the milk in the vat over a certain line, they were told they would win the challenge. However, that wasn't the real challenge. The real challenge came when they called one of the housemates into the diary room to collect fresh batteries for their mics and told her the real task was sabotage. She had to sabotage the challenge without telling the others what she was doing or why. So she'd take her turn plugging holes and had to let it leak out, but not make it look like she was letting it out. It was great.

Also, I love how Big Brother is actually a character in the house. When they go to the diary room, Big Brother talks with them. I love that interaction. One week, Big Brother went on 'holiay' and the diary room was controleed by a voice messaging system. It was hilarious. Aisleyne went nuts and started pressing all the buttons on the answering system till finally a message came through she was evicted from the house. It wasn't a real eviction but a 'glitch'. She came out of the diary room crying.

Those were some of my favorite moments this past season, what about you Cinera?

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2006, 05:17:31 PM »
I have to agree, when I thought of the competitions, I immediately thought of the Milk Challenge.  I thought Imogen as a Sabotuer was great.  I also liked the slow bike race.  They had to complete two laps and the slowest person won a prize.  And I loved Pete when he won that prize.  The best part of Pete ever!!!

Remember Jeff, in the Automated BB part when Glyn kept pressing the #s 6 and 9. 
BB: "You have pressed six...nine!"
Gyln: "Sixty-Nine!"

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2006, 09:32:20 PM »
Sounds great, was it easy to get into since obviously their customs, mannerisms, slang, and accents are different from ours? (Well, mine anyway, not sure where everyone on the board is from).

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2006, 08:58:34 AM »
I didn't have any problems with getting into it, but then I watch a lot of UK television. For the most parts, accents aren't a big problem, though a few can be hard to understand from time to time. Bonnie of last year would say her name and it sounded like she was saying Bonna. But the other contestants had a problem with her accent also. Oddly enough, she was the first evicted.

As TheCinera mentioned, sometimes the slang is hard to follow but you pick up on it quickly. With Pete, you quickly figure out what a Wanker is and when the guys are all talking about birds, you soon realize they are talking about girls.

The series is still available for download. If you are into torrents at all, download the first episode and check it out.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2006, 10:04:35 AM »
I enjoyed watching Bonnie, but Gyln was definitely better to have in the rest of the game.  It would have been a whole different season if Shahbaz, Bonnie, and George survived the first week.

And I don't watch any UK shows at all (with the exception of Mr. Bean, he's hilarious and doesn't speak at all).  I found out about BBuk from a BBusa fan site.  They were talking about the BB7uk logo (attached below) and how there was a special message in it if you turned it clockwise.  No one figured it out.  After trying to figure it out, I started reading up on the contestants and decided to give it a try.  I was really glad I did cause now I love it. 

Do you know how to do torrents, Texas_Kimmie?  Cause we'd be glad to show you and hear your thoughts on the series.  It's alot of episodes to watch.  Butif you have lots of free time, then it's worth checking out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2006, 10:32:36 AM »
Speaking of Shahbaz that reminds me of another great moment. Remember Sezer locking him out of the house? Rich was so helpful and was sending him crisp bags (chips) threw a gap in the door.

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2006, 11:13:44 AM »
I don't anything about Torrents, but I'm willing to learn. :)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #368 on: September 15, 2006, 11:32:23 AM »
Great News TheCinera!

TV presenter Davina McCall has given birth to a baby boy called Chester, it was revealed today.
He weighed in at a whopping 10lb 2oz.
Big Brother star McCall, 38, gave birth at her Surrey home yesterday morning with husband Matthew Robertson by her side.
Chester is a brother for Holly, four, and Tilly, two.
A spokeswoman for the star said: "Davina had a natural home birth just as she did with Holly and Tilly.
"There were no complications and everything went smoothly. Mother and baby are doing well and all the family are delighted."
All three of McCall's children were delivered by midwife Pam Wild.
McCall will be back on TV in January to host Celebrity Big Brother.
http://www.24dash.com/showbiz_slapdash/10524.htm

All the best Davina!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: September 15, 2006, 02:23:18 PM »
TK, a torrent is a file that super compresses video and other such files so they are easily available for download. Also, you can find many TV shows are uploaded to bittorrents. You can read more about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

Or to search for shows to download, check here: www.mininova.org

Not only BBUK is here, but the American Big Brother can be found here as well as many other shows.

Hope this helps.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2006, 02:58:13 PM »
Finally, I found an article as to what the charges on Bonnie were.

BONNIE ON BAIL OVER PIZZA THEFT CLAIMS

BONNIE Holt is on police bail while detectives investigate allegations that she ordered takeaway pizzas and did not pay for them.

The care worker was arrested and questioned by police over the claims. But cops gave Big Brother bosses the go- ahead to let Bonnie take part in the TV show after they discussed the case before she entered the house.

Bonnie came clean with the producers after she was told she had been chosen as one of the contestants -and feared she would be thrown out and have her dreams dashed.

But after talks with Channel 4 bosses, it was decided to allow the 20-year-old, of Loughborough, Leicestershire, to still appear in the show.

Yesterday, a BB spokeswoman said: "We have been in close contact with the police in relation to this matter.

"The police were made aware of our plans for Bonnie to take part in the programme and were satisfied this would not interfere with their investigation."

Advertisement
Falk AdSolution

A source close to Bonnie said: "She reckons it's all a big misunderstanding and insists she is innocent, but it does seem strange that the police have persisted with pursuing the case if they didn't think there was some evidence."

Leicestershire Police last night said they would not comment on a case in which no charges had been brought.

Bonnie's half-brother, Clyde Mactavish, 28, is serving three years' jail for dealing heroin.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2006, 05:40:40 PM »
First of all, Congrats to Davina!  That's a huge baby to push out, and Chester is a great name. 

Second, I guess it runs in Bonnie's family to go to Jail.  I can't believe this happened before she entered the house.  It must have sucked for her when she got evicted first.  All that work to avoid the cops for 3 months, but I get evicted week one. 

Third, I do remember that with Sezer!  Who can forget Shahbaz and Sezer's antics? 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well, that didn't take long.
« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2006, 11:56:50 AM »
Rumour mill has it Pete and NIkki have finally broken up. Pete has grown tired of her tantrums and outburts when out in public. Nikki admits she was the reason for hte breakup and says she feels worse now than she has in a long time.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #373 on: September 18, 2006, 04:41:55 PM »
You know, I don't blame Pete for breaking up with her.  I know that BB relationships don't last too long (Erika and Boogie, Janie and Will, Drew and Diane, Lisa and Eric, Roddy and Chiara....with the exceptiong of James and Sarah), so it's no surprize for me that they're no longer a couple.  And dating Nikki, I'd lose my mind.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2006, 06:57:31 AM »
Pete was embarrased when one of his friends spilled some Vodka on her at a party and she essentially had a meltdown. Nikki said later on, she thought someone had spit on her. In a way, I feel sorry for Nikki also. She was brought up that way and her parents must have encouraged the behavior.