Author Topic: Big Brother UK Version  (Read 130629 times)

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Big Brother UK Version
« Reply #325 on: September 05, 2006, 04:54:00 PM »
Most likely she's already given birth already, since it has been a few weeks since the finale.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #326 on: September 06, 2006, 08:21:55 AM »
Yea, I just find it odd how hard news is to find on yahoo.co.uk. You can't turn around without Steve Irwin(sp) news.

So, do you think Davina named her child Pete? LOL, that would be eerily funny.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #327 on: September 06, 2006, 11:39:21 AM »
The news of Irwin's death will settle down soon.  Maybe other Big Brother UK fan sites will show the news when it become available.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #328 on: September 06, 2006, 11:45:14 AM »
Now if Julie Chen were pregnant, we'd hear all about it.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #329 on: September 06, 2006, 04:30:08 PM »
I have a feeling that will happen in BB8 (if the show is renewed).  That might be the reason why Big Brother is renewed, Julie is working Les Moonves in bed and convincing him to renew her show. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #330 on: September 07, 2006, 08:13:23 AM »
I was thinking of taking a trip to UK next year. Maybe I"ll make plans to catch a live BBUK show. LOL How cool would that be. Now I just need to think of a sign to make.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #331 on: September 07, 2006, 08:45:18 AM »
That would be hard to predict what the sign would be, especially since the cast won't be released until May.  I don't think I'd want to go to a live show because it's too crowded.  I'm not the type of person that goes to concerts with crowds of people, I guess.

By the way, Nikki's show 'Princess Nikki' was on Channel 4 last night and the torrent is available now.  I'm downloading it now.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: September 07, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »
Thanks for the info. I will have to download it.

As for the sign, so many people just print out dumb signs, not aways about one of the housemates. It was said sort of tongue in cheek. :)
If you get a chance to watch it, let me know how it is.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #333 on: September 07, 2006, 02:16:15 PM »
I'm having trouble downloading the torrent.  I wonder if they're doing maintenence on them today because I noted the Seeds and Leachs haven't changed for hours (usually they do).  I haven't been able to get the torrent yet, it's wierd because I've tried downloading other things (like programs) and they work fine.  But a 15.6kb download isn't even connecting.  I hope I don't have a virus on here or else that'll be bad. 

You could make a sign saying, "Davina, where's the baby?" or "Bring back Shahbaz".  Okay...I'd put up that last sign lol.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #334 on: September 07, 2006, 03:05:02 PM »
I just hope Pete isn't on her first show. Hmmm, now that I think abut it, I wonder if they are still a couple.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #335 on: September 07, 2006, 04:57:29 PM »
Pete won't show up on the first episode because Nikki said when she was in The House Next Door that they started filming the show durig the bb season.  They probably are still dating, but won't last too long now they are out of the house. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: September 07, 2006, 11:54:43 PM »
I'm glad I just saw this, I forgot to look for the file when I got home. LOL
Gonna check now.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: September 07, 2006, 11:58:02 PM »
Update: I just checked and the torrent is downloading. I should have it by the morning. Let me know if you get it. If not, let me know if you'd like me to fill you in on how it goes. Hey, I was just thinking, this is just low budget enough that maybe it'll find it's way onto BBC America!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #338 on: September 08, 2006, 05:28:47 PM »
Sweet, I get BBC America here in college and I'll be able to watch it maybe.  I can't seem to get the torrent file to download still!  I've tried downloading other torrent files and they work fine, just that Princess Nikki torrent.  I just want to get it Argh! :knuckles:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2006, 06:11:11 PM »
I'm watching it right now. Kind of funny. Try to download it again. Try a different bittorent search. Nikki is hilarious!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #340 on: September 08, 2006, 06:47:40 PM »
That was one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. It's everything you would expect!

Now for a spoiler on what the show was about.

Today's theme was fish.
The frist day she worked on a fishing trauler. Best line from that.
She calls it a day early and goes to the hotel. She thinks it's the worst place she's ever seen and tells the manager that. She tells him she could run a hotel better and he offers to sell the place to her. LOL
The second day she works in a fish and chips shop. She must clean the grease from the day before and do some cooking.
Does Nikki get right to it? Of course not, first she needs her bottled water!

Next week - Nikki is a roady in a rock n roll band.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #341 on: September 08, 2006, 07:20:01 PM »
I figured that it would be a good show, as Nikki was hilarious on that show.  I could see if one of my friends could get the torrent for me tonight then I'll watch it tomorrow maybe.  And I love how Nikki always needs her bottled water.  :lol3:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2006, 07:17:22 AM »
I'm anxiously awaiting next weeks' episode.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2006, 11:24:11 AM »
Hmmm...well I think my college's IT tech blocked torrents from being downloaded on the internet, so I have no way of watching it unless I ask my brother from home to get it for me. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #344 on: September 11, 2006, 01:53:59 PM »
Have you tried to download it again? Maybe your comp was just having an off day. Otherwise I'm going to have to save this to disk and send to you.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #345 on: September 11, 2006, 03:57:36 PM »
Nah, I got my brother to do it.  I should re-try in a few days, just in case I was having a bad connection.  Once I see my brother online, he'll send me the video and I'll watch it sometime soon, don't worry. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: September 12, 2006, 11:39:39 AM »
Could it be a Big Brother for Davina's daughters?
By LUCY BALLINGER Last updated at 08:27am on 12th September 2006

Davina is now just days away from giving birth to her third child.

She once proudly wore a T-shirt boasting 'Big Mutha', and yesterday Davina McCall certainly looked it.

In these pictures it is obvious the presenter's third child is due any day now, and the strain of pregnancy shows.

As she got into a car near her home yesterday the 38-year-old had her hair scraped back in a makeshift bun and wore no make-up.

She was wearing a green maternity T-shirt with the word 'Sunshine' on it and a long black skirt which clung tightly to her massive bump. A multicoloured bag covered with cartoons was slung over her shoulder.

The Big Brother presenter was also sporting a pair of bright pink Crocs clogs - the latest fashion must-have which other celebrities including Desperate Housewives star Terri Hatcher have been snapped wearing.

In April Miss McCall confirmed rumours she was expecting her third child. She made the announcement the day before the BBC announced her prime-time chatshow would not be given a second series.

At the time she said: 'I balloon when I'm pregnant - or it's what people politely call "blooming".'

Although her spokesman last night refused to confirm the exact date Miss McCall fell pregnant, she is believed to be overdue.

The spokesman said: "The baby is due fairly soon."

Miss McCall has not worked since the reality television show she hosts every year ended last month when Tourette's syndrome sufferer Pete Bennett was crowned the seventh winner.

She has two daughters with husband Pet Rescue presenter Matthew Robertson.

After her last pregnancy she worked hard to lose the excess two stone she had gained during the pregnancy. She embarked on an intensive diet and exercise programme which helped the weight drop off.

But at the Bafta awards ceremony last year she appeared painfully thin with a drawn face and jutting hip bones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=404740&in_page_id=1773
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 11:43:50 AM by jeffreysg »

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #347 on: September 12, 2006, 11:56:15 AM »
Big Brother draw broke ad rules

Nestle, Channel 4 and Endemol failed to have an independent observer present when a winning number was picked, according to the Advertising Standards Authority

Big Brother draw broke ad rules
4.07, Tue Sep 12 2006

Big Brother's Golden Ticket draw to select a new housemate breached prize promotion rules, industry watchdogs have announced.

Nestle, Channel 4 and Endemol failed to have an independent observer present when a winning number was picked, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.

Officials launched an investigation after 11 viewers complained about the way model Susie Verrico won her place in the house.

The Golden Ticket promotion involved 100 tickets being hidden inside KitKat bars.

A live lottery-style draw was then broadcast in which one ticketholder's number was picked.

Some viewers thought the draw was rigged and 43-year-old Susie had been pre-selected as winner.

The ASA has criticised Nestle, Channel 4 and Endemol for failing to ensure an independent observer was present immediately before and during the live draw.

The ASA ruling said: "We investigated whether the promotion was conducted under the supervision of an independent observer.

"On this point, the promotion breached the Committee of Advertising Practice Code clause 35.7 (prize promotions)."

It told the competition's promoters to ensure competitions complied with the code in future.

The ASA rejected complaints from viewers who thought the ball numbers were rigged.

An independent observer had signed a check-sheet proving that 34 numbered balls had entered the draw.

Slow-motion footage showed the winning ball was "undoubtedly" Susie Verrico's winning number 14, the ASA found.

In a joint response Nestle, Channel 4 and Endemol said an observer was not present during the draw because Big Brother rules prevented outsiders coming into contact with housemates.

They said the draw was carried out in the presence of 10 housemates under continuous monitoring by a production team while watched live by five million viewers.

http://www.itv.com/news/entertainment_35718fbdef8b01b254135934470f7c40.html

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #348 on: September 12, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »
Wow.  Davina is almost ready to blow.  And I do believe seeing the number 14 in Aisleyne's hand when she held it up.  I didn't think it was rigged because Channel4 probably knew how boring she is, lol.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: September 12, 2006, 08:33:33 PM »
No kidding, how often had she applied before this? She finally got her wish and everyone hated her.