Author Topic: ****First EP SPOILER****  (Read 9018 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
****First EP SPOILER****
« on: June 09, 2006, 12:25:01 AM »
Thanks HARRY aka HaroldBalzaccio  :hrt:  :hearts:
copied & pasted from Harrys site

As always, don't go if you don't want to know. Fo' real.

LINK :spoiler: ...............

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:21:02 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: ****First EP SPOILER****
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 01:47:56 AM »
 :jumpy: Thanks Puddin! (and Harold)  :tup:

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 09:45:41 AM »
Thanks for the info. :jam:
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline HaroldBalzaccio

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 08:03:38 PM »
No problem.

And welcome all the paranoid Blows / Reality TV World people checking out this thread.  The lazy chicken****s seem to think that registering for EZ will subject them to spam and scary registry hacks.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 08:10:28 PM »
Harry if you'd like I will just link to your site and delete the details :) ?

Offline HaroldBalzaccio

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 08:17:15 PM »
That might be fun.  Make the pussyfolk work for their spoilage.  Besides, everybody here who would be interested has already seen it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »
no problem Harry  :lol:

Offline HaroldBalzaccio

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 08:27:15 PM »
I think that from now on links would be best.  It's so much more fun to make the people jump through hoops, especially the RTVW/TWoP dip****s.  Everybody else knows that there is no danger associated with registering a nic on EZ, right?

Too many people want something for nothing.  Look at Sucks Spoilers, it's the #1 example.  If making these morons do the simplest thing (i.e. registering an EZnic) helps change that attitude, I've done my good deed for a whole year.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 09:26:28 PM »
It looks like the Alaska filming newspaper spoiler was correct. Independence mine is in the Hatcher pass area; judging from the perspective in the cap below and this map, it looks like the starting line was near the visitors center. And Lake George (second cap) adjoins the Knik glacier.
As for the "USS Jefferson"? No way. The closest match is the Jefferson City. I understand what the producers are/were trying to do in renaming the Hawaii Responder. They wanted to throw "presidential" clues at the teams so that anybody (except "geniuses"  :lol3:) could figure out Mount Rushmore.

Offline HaroldBalzaccio

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 11:59:26 PM »
Good catch!  It's not a warship, more like a tender/salvage type with a deep blue paint scheme and a helo pad on the aft deck.  It may not even be a true military ship (as there hasn't been a USS Jefferson since the War of 1812).  You be the judge.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 12:35:40 AM »
Thanks, and...Wow! I thought the producers might drop phony names ("Monticello," etc.) for clue purposes, but I didn't think they'd pull that nonsense with the viewers. I had it pegged earlier as the Hawaii Responder, and now I'm even more convinced. Here's a bow shot (middle of page), and here's a satellite shot of Pier 35. In fact, the guy seeing Keith off the side looks a little like the skipper Tom Collins (bottom of page).

Offline HaroldBalzaccio

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 12:43:36 AM »
Yup, it's the Hawaii Responder for sure.  Look at the vidcaps above, and you can see where they blurred over the name.  Damn fine work on your end, incredibly ****ty work on their end.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 08:26:35 AM »
good catch :jam:
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 09:43:51 AM »
RFF prides itself on the use of well-chosen vocabulary and syntax.  Can we please refrain from the use of so many four-letter words which only shows an inability to properly express one's self in the English language.  Thank you.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 10:43:20 AM »
If the series pans out as outlined by Harry for the first ep, it looks like TH may provide good summer entertainment.  I like the idea of the teams having to figure out where they have to go and not just end up in a long race from one location to the next (with lots of built-in bunch points to slow everyone down)

I wonder if their computers will be equiped with various code breakers which the teams will have to use to solve some of the clues. 

For example:  the clue which is based on the key word: ARTICHOKES  is an example of a Vigenere cipher; you can solve it by hand, but there is a website with the cypher built in so it is almost a instanteous solultion available once you program in the coded words and the key word.  Other types of codes which could be used (Morse code shows up in the very first ep) are Cryptograms, Base 64, Rot Code,and Binary code.

Looks like fun.

Offline HaroldBalzaccio

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 11:24:29 AM »
Can we please refrain from the use of so many four-letter words which only shows an inability to properly express one's self in the English language.
You may feel free to do whatever it is you want.  I, however, will communicate in any way I see fit, whether it bothers your sensibilities or not, and damn the consequences.

Flowery enough for you?  Good.  Let's move along.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 12:57:49 PM »
Let's stay on point and focus in on Treasure Hunters.  Good spoiler catch, I'm definitely looking forward to watching this new show.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 10:10:59 PM »
Well said Trevor! :jam: