Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers  (Read 480834 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers
« Reply #450 on: July 16, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »
 :jumpy: Work it Chateau  :yourock:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #451 on: July 16, 2006, 05:00:45 PM »
23 June, 9.00am to 11.00am. That doesn't leave the teams much time to travel from Barcelona does it? The Barcelona Pit Stop catering is offered from 11.30am to 4.00pm the previous day, which means that teams will most likely depart from 11.30pm on the 22nd until 4.00am on the 23rd.

If they try something different and make a 6.5 hr drive to Marseille they can catch lots of early morning flights to Paris.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline moox03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #452 on: July 17, 2006, 12:50:33 AM »
Simply an observation... it seems as if the yellow shirt that the white M/F (I'm thinking the Conleys) are wearing in Kuwait are similar to the yellow shirt that Lyn/Karlyn are wearing in the Eiffel Tower pictures...?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #453 on: July 17, 2006, 12:53:11 AM »
Group picture !!

Seattle was the starting point for the latest season of CBS's "The Amazing Race." Teams include (left to right, front row) Vipul and Arti, Kellie and Jamie, Lyn and Karlyn, Erwin and Godwin, Kimberly and Rob, Sarah and Peter (left to right, back row) Tyler and James, Duke and Lauren, Tom and Terry, Mary and David, Dustin and Kandice and Bilal and Sa'eed.

Diversity is the word as 'Amazing Race 10' starts in Seattle
Monday, July 17, 2006
It was a rainy May morning when 13 teams of people charged down the hill in Seattle's Gas Works Park -- the official start of the 10th edition of CBS' reality show "The Amazing Race."
It was the beginning of a five-week journey around the world -- a journey that has now been completed and whose winner has been decided, but one not everyone would finish. At most stops along the way, one team would be eliminated until only three remained. The first pair to finish the show's final segment would split $1 million. 
Although the race began two months ago, it was only Sunday that the network let go of what had been a carefully guarded secret -- the race starts in Seattle.
As in seasons before, the winning team would need "the right combination of brains, brawn and teamwork," as stated by the show's host, Phil Keoghan, during last season's premiere in Denver.
But when Keoghan gave his signature bolero-inspired wave in Seattle, a signal for the race to begin, there was something different about the pairs that dashed toward the SUVs at the bottom of the hill: In different ways, each was a tribute to Hollywood's interpretation of diversity.
Some teams were predictable. There was the obligatory pair of beauty queens (and a pair of attractive college cheerleaders as a bonus), the father-daughter duo and the married couple.
But there was also a pair of single mothers, a woman with a prosthetic leg and her motivational-speaker friend, a coal miner husband and his wife, a gay couple and a pair of Muslim cousins.
Executive producer Bertram van Munster, who co-created the show with his partner, Elise Doganieri, took a break from filming atop Gas Works Park hill to comment on the many societal subgroups represented.
"We have a very diverse cast," said van Munster, clad in a green plastic poncho to help ward off the rain. "It's almost a true representation of what America is all about."
Summing up America with only 26 people might seem like a daunting job, but van Munster is a man who thinks big. Everything about the show is big, including its worldwide backdrop and grand scenery, and it was only a matter of time before the show came back to Seattle.
In 2002, the show's third season ended in Seattle, also at Gas Works Park.
"I've been coming to Seattle for many years for different projects," said van Munster, who used to be a cameraman for "Cops," the long-running Fox series. "Most people in the film industry travel a lot."
Van Munster took every opportunity to capitalize on signature features of the Northwest while filming this season's premiere.
The contestants arrived on seaplanes, and a fireboat shot arcs of water out of Lake Union in front of a misty city skyline.
Van Munster surveyed the scene from the top of the hill.
"Who is communicating with the fireboat?"
"Brittany is," said a drenched crew member.
"Can you tell them it looks fantastic?"
Maybe the rain on the lens did make filming a little difficult, and maybe more than one crew member did slip and fall on the wet grass, but "The Amazing Race" isn't a show for the faint of heart.
Both the crew and contestants had their work cut out for them, moving westward out of Seattle to 13 countries, among them China, Mongolia, Vietnam, Kuwait and Madagascar, logging more than 40,000 miles in about a month's time.
"We race around the world in five weeks," said Van Munster. "It is really tough."
"The Amazing Race" premiered in 2002, but since it does two editions a year this latest is considered the 10th "season."
When it returns in the fall, on a date to be determined, the show will air on a new day and at a new time -- Sundays at 8 p.m. -- on KIRO/7.

SEATTLE START
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 12:56:54 AM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #454 on: July 17, 2006, 08:25:02 AM »
Wow, lots of good stuff here but more analysis is still needed.  Just a couple of observations.

I am still uncomfortable that the Race would go directly from Paris to the final destination city in the U.S.  Depending upon the number of passengers on JLaw's flight, it could take up to hour before the first passengers passed through Customs and Immigration until the last passengers did.  That would kill the momentum of the race and also give a great advantage to the first team that made it through.  That is way the Race has always gone from somewhere in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada to the final destination in order to negate those problems.

The TWoP spoiler about seeing the African-American team arrive at the News Building stated that the Taxi Cab came from Newark.  JLaw's flight arrived at JFK in New York.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #455 on: July 17, 2006, 08:30:02 AM »
Wow, lots of good stuff here but more analysis is still needed.  Just a couple of observations.

I am still uncomfortable that the Race would go directly from Paris to the final destination city in the U.S.  Depending upon the number of passengers on JLaw's flight, it could take up to hour before the first passengers passed through Customs and Immigration until the last passengers did.  That would kill the momentum of the race and also give a great advantage to the first team that made it through.  That is way the Race has always gone from somewhere in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada to the final destination in order to negate those problems.

The TWoP spoiler about seeing the African-American team arrive at the News Building stated that the Taxi Cab came from Newark.  JLaw's flight arrived at JFK in New York.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

IIRC newark cabs are only aloud to be with the passengers they had when they came from newark. they may not run and pickup any1 new inside nyc, and viseversa at newark. at least thats what i remeber when the guy at the mariott marquee in nyc told me.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #456 on: July 17, 2006, 08:58:17 AM »
Possibility for the missing legs in the route spec?

EP5: Queenstown, New Zealand to Singapore
DATES: June 5-6, 2006
EV: Teams spotted on flight from Queenstown to Auckland (en route to Singapore)
TASKS: UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 7 left after episode

Question -- I can't remember any legs in the race where they've had multiple connections. Can someone help with this? Here's why I'm wondering. A team was spotted on a plane from Queenstown to Auckland en route to Singapore. If Singapore was not the end destination, it would mean multiple connections, which I don't remember the Race doing in the past.

EP6: Singapore to North Vietnam
DATES: June 7-8, 2006
EV: North Vietnam cited in statement from producers
TEAMS: NEL? 7 left after episode

EP7: North Vietnam to Kuwait City, Kuwait
DATES: June 9-10, 2006
EV: Teams spotted in airport
TASKS: Drive to Kuwait Towers
TEAMS: 7 left at START of episode (Peter/Sarah, Erwin/Godwin, Dustin/Kandace, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, David/Mary, Rob/Kim), 6 left at END of episode (Peter/Sarah, Erwin/Godwin, Dustin/Kandace, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim – David/Mary eliminated?)

One more thing -- what if NYC is on the route but is not the end city? What if they clear customs, do a task or two there, and then fly on to another US city for the end, say, on June 25? I think this would still fit in with when people checked in to their Myspace sites. This would clear up the issue of teams getting too far apart at customs for the finish. It would be different than typical TAR form to have two US stops at the end, but who knows...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 09:21:07 AM by mwooden »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #457 on: July 17, 2006, 09:14:32 AM »
mwooden, thats pretty much all i can think of now, that they go to nyc get a clue or do a task then goto end city somewhere else.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #458 on: July 17, 2006, 10:39:55 AM »
Possibility for the missing legs in the route spec?

EP6: Singapore to North Vietnam
EV: North Vietnam cited in statement from producers
)

One more thing -- what if NYC is on the route but is not the end city? What if they clear customs, do a task or two there, and then fly on to another US city for the end, say, on June 25? I think this would still fit in with when people checked in to their Myspace sites. This would clear up the issue of teams getting too far apart at customs for the finish. It would be different than typical TAR form to have two US stops at the end, but who knows...

Uhh, where have you been?  There has not been a North Vietnam since 1972.  Its just Vietnam now.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #459 on: July 17, 2006, 10:45:11 AM »
I think mwooden means Northern Vietnam ;D, since the south and central regions have already been covered in TAR3. My guesses? Hanoi (TAR3 only visited the airport), Halong Bay (sort of like Krabi) or Sapa (hill tribes).

Can we review the credibility of the New Zealand spoilers, and make sure it's not the TAR: Asia? There's no way we can keep within 40 000 miles if we head down there (see my previous post).

Offline Hollaback boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #460 on: July 17, 2006, 10:46:20 AM »
Why are you guys sure that the female team who make it to the top 6 is Dustin & Kandice?????

I always feel that they are kellie and jamie after I saw the video tape from Mauritius because of their height  ??? ???

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #461 on: July 17, 2006, 10:55:19 AM »
Whew! Taking some heat for "North Vietnam!"  :lol: I think I pulled that straight from some press release, and yep, Neobie -- Hanoi was confirmed by CBS' latest announcement.

Hollaback, I think the Dustin/Kandace guess is based mostly on the "two blondes" descriptions we keep getting.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 11:00:55 AM by mwooden »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #462 on: July 17, 2006, 10:57:10 AM »
Why are you guys sure that the female team who make it to the top 6 is Dustin & Kandice?????

I always feel that they are kellie and jamie after I saw the video tape from Mauritius because of their height  ??? ???
check here Hollaback .
Jamie is brunette , the description we have is 2 blondes.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #463 on: July 17, 2006, 10:58:17 AM »
I think mwooden means Northern Vietnam ;D, since the south and central regions have already been covered in TAR3. My guesses? Hanoi (TAR3 only visited the airport), Halong Bay (sort of like Krabi) or Sapa (hill tribes).

Can we review the credibility of the New Zealand spoilers, and make sure it's not the TAR: Asia? There's no way we can keep within 40 000 miles if we head down there (see my previous post).

Neobie, its very credible. they do go down there.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #464 on: July 17, 2006, 11:01:21 AM »
Neobie, as for NZ, there were a couple supposed sightings (at a ferry, on a plane), rumors of a field being rented for TAR use, etc. The most trusted source seemed to be MissWendyWings at Sucks, who hinted at use of a naval base and old war tunnels in Devonport. I'll agree -- NZ seems the least confirmed of any of the legs.

However, the distances thrown around by CBS tend to vary quite a bit -- last year, we heard anywhere from 50-70 thousand miles before the final number, which I think was 59,000. Wouldn't be surprised if we hear a different mileage estimate down the line...

Offline Hollaback boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #465 on: July 17, 2006, 11:13:04 AM »

check here Hollaback .
Jamie is brunette , the description we have is 2 blondes.

Oh! I see!
You guys' spoilers are amazing :jumpy: :jumpy:
I am from hong kong
I first visited to this forum and was just impressed~
The other forum has nothing to compare with this forum I have to say :hearts:

I heard that the official site are going to up tomorrow
I am so excited :hrt: :hrt:
But did they talk about the exact air date yet??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #466 on: July 17, 2006, 11:24:45 AM »
 thank you Hollaback  :hithere:

The unofficial site is here and the official site might just show up here

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #467 on: July 17, 2006, 11:45:52 AM »
here's the Hanoi mention , straight from the press release.
Good catch mwooden!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #468 on: July 17, 2006, 01:30:45 PM »
TAR10 looks to be a young persons' game.  Where is AARP?  One player just makes it at 52. Then we have one person in the 40s, and 11 each in their 20s and 30s.  But it does look like a tough course this time, so perhaps they made a point of picking younger, fitter people to fill out the teams.  But, of course, we have not one but two good-lookin babe teams as eye  :-[ candy.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #469 on: July 17, 2006, 02:20:19 PM »
From one of the articles Puddin posted:

"The show is continuing to grow," Keoghan said. "It is more popular internationally nine seasons in than it was in season one. It’s playing in China. It did a 57 share in Australia on its final episode. It’s been a No. 1 show in Singapore."

Maybe Singapore is in our race? Never hurts to visit countries that love your show -- China is on this year's circuit & they threw Australia a bone last year...

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #470 on: July 17, 2006, 06:16:59 PM »
Gosh, with them releasing so much info -- especially the team photo -- you would think the race starts next week. Oh how I wish it were!!!!!!!!!!!  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #471 on: July 17, 2006, 09:03:25 PM »
Puddin, I think you need to correct the list of teams present at Kuwait.  Because k.thekuwait did mention the presence of a woman with a prostethic leg.  So that would mean Peter & Sarah make it there.  And so that means there were at least seven teams entering Kuwait.

The shots of Lyn & Karlyn getting their backpacks was taken about 50 minutes beforthe shots of James & Tyler getting their clue up in the tower.  I think that makes the boys at least a full hour behind the other two teams.  I bet they get mugged at the end of the Paris leg.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline moox03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #472 on: July 17, 2006, 09:50:36 PM »
James and Tyler weren't officially seen, as far as we know, in Kuwait, but they had to have been there. I don't recall, also, if Izabela saw them in Mauritius.

Also -- there seems to be a person (woman?) with long hair talking to either Erwin or Godwin in Kuwait... could this be Arti? I'm thinking no, because the girl's skin looks too light.

Offline Hollaback boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #473 on: July 17, 2006, 10:07:10 PM »
thank you Hollaback  :hithere:

The unofficial site is here and the official site might just show up here

THANKS!
But it still is not working.....I can't wait any more :groan:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #474 on: July 18, 2006, 07:57:03 AM »
Chateau's right -- the team spec on the route spec needs to be updated. Here's an update based on what the thread is indicating so far. Feel free to correct/update as necessary.

EP1: Seattle, Washington (USA) to Beijing, China
DATES: May 27-29, 2006
EV: Teams start on Kite Hill in Gasworks Park, near Burke Gilman Trail, teams spotted by pilot in Seattle airport, teams spotted on plane (blonde F/F and couple specifically), team photo in front of Seattle skyline, Seattle confirmed by producers
TEAMS: 11 left after episode (Pick ‘em – either Vipul/Arti, Bilul/Sa’eed, Tom/Terry, Kellie/Jamie, Duke/Lauren eliminated)

EP2: Beijing, China to Terelj, Mongolia
DATES: May 30-31, 2006
EV: Mongolian blogger helps Lynn/Karlyn, confirmed by producers
TASKS: Train to Chinese/Mongolian border, Chojin Lama monastery in Ulan Bator, Proceed to Terelj
TEAMS: 10 left after episode (Pick ‘em – either Vipul/Arti, Bilul/Sa’eed, Tom/Terry, Kellie/Jamie, Duke/Lauren eliminated)

EP3: Terelj, Mongolia to Devonport/Auckland, New Zealand
DATES: June 1-2, 2006
EV: Sighting at ferry
TASKS: Old war tunnels(?), naval base(?)
TEAMS: 9 left after episode (Pick ‘em – either Vipul/Arti, Bilul/Sa’eed, Tom/Terry, Kellie/Jamie, Duke/Lauren eliminated)

EP4: Devonport/Auckland, New Zealand to Queenstown, New Zealand
DATES: June 3-4, 2006
EV: Rented field(?), Teams spotted on flight from Queenstown in South New Zealand
TEAMS: 8 left after episode (Pick ‘em – either Vipul/Arti, Bilul/Sa’eed, Tom/Terry, Kellie/Jamie, Duke/Lauren eliminated)

EP5: Queenstown, New Zealand to Singapore (?)
DATES: June 5-6, 2006
EV: Teams spotted on flight from Queenstown to Auckland (en route to Singapore)
TEAMS: 7 left after episode (Pick ‘em – either Vipul/Arti, Bilul/Sa’eed, Tom/Terry, Kellie/Jamie, Duke/Lauren eliminated)

EP6: Singapore (?) to Hanoi, Vietnam
EV: Hanoi confirmed by CBS
TEAMS: NEL? 7 left after episode (Peter/Sarah, Erwin/Godwin, Dustin/Kandace, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, David/Mary, Rob/Kim)

EP7: Hanoi, Vietnam to Kuwait City, Kuwait
DATES: June 9-10, 2006
EV: Teams spotted in airport
TASKS: Drive to Kuwait Towers
TEAMS: 6 left at END of episode (Peter/Sarah, Erwin/Godwin, Dustin/Kandace, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim – David/Mary eliminated?)

EP8: Kuwait City, Kuwait to Grand Baie, Mauritius
DATES: June 11-12, 2006
EV: Teams spotted on beach in AM of June 12
TASKS: Something involving kayaks near Merville Beach Hotel
TEAMS: 5 left at END of episode (Erwin/Godwin, Dustin/Kandace, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim – Peter/Sarah eliminated?)

EP9: Grand Baie, Mauritius to Madagascar
DATES: June 13-14, 2006
EV: Told by one racer "couple" to a Finnish woman in the train
TEAMS: NEL? 5 left at END of episode (Erwin/Godwin, Dustin/Kandace, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim)

EP10: Madagascar to Lohja, Finland
DATES: June 15-17, 2006
EV: Told by one racer "couple" to a Finnish woman in the train
TASKS: Climbing tower at Helsingin Olympiastadionilla, not known how they travelled from Helsinki to Tampere (maybe with a train since teams with cameras spotted in the train station), proceed to Ylojarvi (to do obstacle course in swamp), and back to Tampere, train to Turku where cars waiting at the station, task at quarries in Lohja
TEAMS: 4 left at END of episode (Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim – Erwin/Godwin or Dustin/Kandace eliminated?)

EP11: Lohja, Finland to Belarus
DATES: June 18-20, 2006
EV:  UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 3 teams left at END of episode (Tyler/James, Rob/Kim, Lynn/Karlyn – Dustin/Kandace or Erwin/Godwin eliminated?)

EP12a: Belarus to Barcelona, Spain
DATES: June 21 (arriving around 8:35pm) – June 22, 2006 (ending in afternoon)
EV: Spotted/Race agenda revealed
TASKS: Something involving tomatoes, something in Colonia Guell (art picture car?), something at Maremagnum
TEAMS: NEL? 3 teams left at END of hour (Tyler/James, Rob/Kim, Lynn/Karlyn)

EP12b: Barcelona, Spain to Paris, France to New York City, New York (USA)
DATES: June 23-24, 2006
EV: All remaining teams spotted at Eiffel Tower (Paris), Lynn/Karlyn spotted near Rockefeller Center (NYC)
TASKS: Climb Eiffel Tower (Paris), go to News Building (NYC)
TEAMS: 3 teams race to finish (Tyler/James, Rob/Kim, Lynn/Karlyn)