Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers  (Read 479849 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers
« Reply #425 on: July 14, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
since im half asleep how maney teams are in this pic? and crow is yummy puddin
Better than eating bugs, how does yours taste Kogs ?  :snicker:
Darn I was liking the Asian team ..ah well . Lovin' Team HAWT !

lemonly fresh

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #426 on: July 14, 2006, 03:03:36 PM »
I may be just a born sceptic, but would TAR10 repeat a task exactly as the one they first had in TAR1 (spot the TAR flag on the Arc de Trioumph from the observation deck.)  Also seems to me that there are too, too many tourists types milling around. 

Could this be the decoy of all DECOYS?  Could these also be the three teams that are spotted in the Paris to New York flight on June 24?

Just seems to be much to open to the public to be a true TAR event.

msbuni

« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2006, 03:13:02 PM »
 :hearts:  :jumpy:  :hearts:

I just love all these spoilers -but, do you think they may consider cancelling this since we know who the last 3 teams are (Unless as Gingerman has said they are all decoy teams)??   )-** 

Plus - how many of the places who ususally take bets on this race will put it out there knowing that we possibly know the final 3 teams? :wine:  :tup:

Just some thoughts....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #428 on: July 14, 2006, 03:29:17 PM »
I don't know guys , i'm thinking its too much of a conicidence to be decoys . TPTB are getting sloppy ?

sightings drop off in Finland , here we have the African American team ,pictures on the train show Tyler & James as well as the Beauty Queens . There is mention of a Chinese looking team ( our Asians I assume ) and a Couple .
Barcelona , no sightings just some details of the challenge /tomato's .
This leaves our final 5 right ? :
Couple
African American team
Asian Team
Pageant Gals
James & Tyler

Then we get 3 solid spoilers of :
the African Ameican team ( Lynn & Karlyn )
the Couple ( unknown names )
the male team ( James /Tyler )

Signal checks in with more details!

Here's some pics in a train from Tampere to Turku 
I heard from a reliable source that some woman had talked with one couple in the train and the couple said that they had flown from Madagascar to Helsinki and from Helsinki to Tampere and Ylöjärvi and then they had to travel with a train to Turku where they must find the cars and drive to quarry mines in Lohja.

I've read and heard about people seeing the contestants climbing in the Olympic Stadium's tower in Helsinki, and Phil was spotted in a park/restaurant in Helsinki, wich could also be true.
"Yes, they were also in Tampere week ago friday (june 16th), or actually Ylöjärvi, close to my home. I heard about it from my aunt who drives a taxi, and she had taken one couple from Tampere train station to Ylöjärvi and back. They were hurrying to catch the train to Turku. My aunt was first a bit shocked when few dark skinned americans passed others in the queue and jumped to the car with a man sitting on the front seat who had a  huge camera"
There was another sighting at the Helsinki train station june 16th. A "chinese" looking couple was seen running in the station with a camera man, and they had two other couples following them
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 03:48:58 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: July 14, 2006, 08:13:27 PM »
I'm trying to sort through the exif data but it's a little confusing. At least two different cameras were used.
Quote from: One
It was Friday, 23 June, around 9 to 11 am..
The metadata is posted at 3-5 p.m., but people traveling usually don't reset their cameras. There's enough shadows for Chateau if need be.
And where's the geezer team? I want representation!  {{{}  ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #430 on: July 14, 2006, 08:21:26 PM »
The posters location is Singapore if that helps Slowhatch ?

( edited because i cannot spell   :lol3:)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 08:47:43 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: July 14, 2006, 08:34:04 PM »
 :waves: There's a 6-hour difference between the two cities, so it synchs up nicely. Even without adjusting, you can still learn a few things: some teams, for example, are almost an hour behind others leaving the bag drop.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: July 14, 2006, 11:51:48 PM »
23 June, 9.00am to 11.00am. That doesn't leave the teams much time to travel from Barcelona does it? The Barcelona Pit Stop catering is offered from 11.30am to 4.00pm the previous day, which means that teams will most likely depart from 11.30pm on the 22nd until 4.00am on the 23rd.

Now the earliest flight I can find on Air France (horrible grappling with both French and Spanish) is AF2349 leaving at 7.05am and arriving at 9.00am. Iberia offers IB4422 leaving at 7.25am and arriving at 9.05am, but at Orly Airport.

Orly is 6km from the city centre, Charles de Gaulle 26km. By taxi, travelling time is at least 45 minutes on the A1 expressway, and that is during off-peak hours. Getting to the Eiffel Tower quickly during Friday morning rush hour? I don't think so.

Train services aren't that much more promising. Both airports require a change of train (from Line B to C, and Orly requires an extra light-rail shuttle) to get to the Eiffel tower, and a journey from either airport takes about 50 minutes. No idea how they'd be able to make it, unless they shorten the Pit Stop duration. Now if the just-eliminated team gets on a flight to Paris to join other Sequester II teams though...

Now for the tower itself. I agree with gingerman28 that this looks like an exact repetition: climbing up the Eiffel Tower on foot. The pictures were taken on the second platform, with the first (lowest) platform (http://www.clt.astate.edu/wallen/digits/eiffel/tower03.jpg) enclosed, and the third platform (http://www.clt.astate.edu/wallen/digits/eiffel/tower04.jpg) using squarish netting instead of diagonal ones. I also found this (http://photos.pkicentral.com/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_2585.jpg) but I have no idea where it belongs, but the lower level of the second platform (http://www.painetworks.com/photos/ih/ih1319.JPG) seems to fit nicely. And guess what? One is only allowed to climb on foot up to the second platform. Guess the TAR producers ran out of ideas! (I really really hope this is a decoy though.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 12:57:08 AM by Neobie »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2006, 01:06:25 PM »
These teams in Paris and NYC CAN'T be decoys. Here's why. There are 5 teams spotted in Finland -- Tyler/James, Lynn/Karlyn, the brunette couple, the Asian couple, and the blonde girls. This is the 10th leg of the race, so these are probably the only teams left. Just a couple legs later, we have 3 teams spotted in Paris -- Tyler/James, Lynn/Karyln, and the brunette couple. There are simply NOT ENOUGH teams left in the race at this stage to send these 3 teams as decoys. The Asian team and the blonde girls would be the only teams left. Make sense? Puddin called it - TBTB just put the last leg wide out in the open.

Updated route spec -- not a TON new, but it's become a lot easier to figure out where some of our teams get eliminated...

EP1: Seattle, Washington (USA) to Beijing, China
DATES: May 27-29, 2006
EV: Teams start on Kite Hill in Gasworks Park, near Burke Gilman Trail, teams spotted by pilot in Seattle airport, teams spotted on plane (blonde F/F and couple specifically)
TASKS: UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 11 left after episode

EP2: Beijing, China to Terelj, Mongolia
DATES: May 30-31, 2006
EV: Mongolian blogger helps Lynn/Karlyn
TASKS: Train to Chinese/Mongolian border, Chojin Lama monastery in Ulan Bator, Proceed to Terelj
TEAMS: 10 left after episode

EP3: Terelj, Mongolia to Devonport/Auckland, New Zealand
DATES: June 1-2, 2006
EV: Sighting at ferry
TASKS: Old war tunnels(?), naval base(?)
TEAMS: 9 left after episode

EP4: Devonport/Auckland, New Zealand to Queenstown, New Zealand
DATES: June 3-4, 2006
EV: Rented field(?), Teams spotted on flight from Queenstown in South New Zealand
TEAMS: 8 left after episode

EP5: Queenstown, New Zealand to UNKNOWN (possibly Singapore?)
DATES: June 5-6, 2006
EV: Teams spotted on flight from Queenstown to Auckland (en route to Singapore)
TEAMS: 7 left after episode

EP6: UNKNOWN to UNKNOWN
DATES: June 7-8, 2006
EV: UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 6 left after episode

EP7: UNKNOWN to Kuwait City, Kuwait
DATES: June 9-10, 2006
EV: Teams spotted in airport
TASKS: Drive to Kuwait Towers
TEAMS: 6 left at START of episode (Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, M/F (yellow shirts), brunette M/F), 5 left at END of episode (Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, brunette M/F – yellow shirt M/F eliminated)

EP8: Kuwait City, Kuwait to Grand Baie, Mauritius
DATES: June 11-12, 2006
EV: Teams spotted on beach in AM of June 12
TASKS: Something involving kayaks near Merville Beach Hotel
TEAMS: NEL? 5 left at END of episode (Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, brunette M/F)

EP9: Grand Baie, Mauritius to Madagascar
DATES: June 13-14, 2006
EV: Told by one racer "couple" to a Finnish  woman in the train – brunette or Asian M/F?
TEAMS: NEL? 5 left at END of episode (Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, brunette M/F)

EP10: Madagascar to Lohja, Finland
DATES: June 15-17, 2006
EV: Told by one racer "couple" to a Finnish woman in the train – brunette or Asian M/F?
TASKS: Climbing tower at Helsingin Olympiastadionilla, not known how they travelled from Helsinki to Tampere (maybe with a train since teams with cameras spotted in the train station), proceed to Ylojarvi (to do obstacle course in swamp), and back to Tampere, train to Turku where cars waiting at the station, task at quarries in Lohja
TEAMS: 5 left at START of episode (brunette M/F, Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James), 4 left at END of episode (Asian team eliminated?)

EP11: Lohja, Finland to Belarus
DATES: June 18-20, 2006
EV:   UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 3 teams left at END of episode (blonde F/F eliminated?)

EP12a: Belarus to Barcelona, Spain
DATES: June 21 (arriving around 8:35pm) – June 22, 2006 (ending in afternoon)
EV: Spotted/Race agenda revealed
TASKS: Something involving tomatoes, something in Colonia Guell (art picture car?), something at Maremagnum
TEAMS: NEL? 3 teams left at END of hour (Lynn/Karlyn, brunette M/F, Tyler/James)

EP12b: Barcelona, Spain to Paris, France to New York City, New York (USA)
DATES: June 23-24, 2006
EV: All teams spotted at Eiffel Tower (Paris), Lynn/Karlyn spotted near Rockefeller Center (NYC)
TASKS: Climb Eiffel Tower (Paris), go to News Building (NYC)
TEAMS: 3 teams race to finish (Lynn/Karlyn, brunette M/F, Tyler/James)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 01:20:17 PM by mwooden »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »
You must have heard me calling you mwooden  :jumpy: ! I'll update page one . Thanks everyone !!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: July 15, 2006, 04:13:38 PM »
Wow it does look like a repeat of season one's 2cd episode.  They sure as hell better not end up at the arc.

In the first it was roadblock, for spotting the pit stop.

I wonder can they do stunts of the tower, bungee anything like that?) or if its similar spot the pit stop.  If that is the case, I hope the pit stop is Notre Dame just to kill Lenny and Karin.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #436 on: July 15, 2006, 09:25:38 PM »
Incase you were sleeping , look here
The 12 teams will be put to the test right away, executive producers Bertram Van Munster and Jonathan Littman say. Instead of "easing in" to the competition by sending the teams to Europe or South America first, the teams will first head to China after starting in Seattle.
The racers will also travel to Mongolia, Kuwait, Vietnam and Madagascar. In all, the race will cover some 40,000 miles in 30 days.

This race will hit 13 countries, including Vietnam, Kuwait, Mongolia and Madagascar, CBS announced Saturday to television critics gathered in California for fall previews.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: July 15, 2006, 09:38:35 PM »
4 continents 13 countries 40,000 miles, blank and blank you are the winners of the amazing race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: July 15, 2006, 11:16:04 PM »
Here's a quick update, with USA, China, Mongolia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Kuwait, Mauritius, Madagascar, Finland, Spain and France as 11 of the 13 countries. One missing country goes in between Vietnam and Kuwait, the other between Finland and Spain (probably Belarus then).

Or try this link if the image doesn't load. Thanks Kogs! http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2782/tar10spoilermapte3.jpg

The problem kicks in with the mileage count. I've connected each city in the spoilers, mostly joining airport to airport, skipping over even connection points such as Tokyo and Singapore, and have arrived at 39686 miles. TAR has never managed to underestimate its mileage count (it usually exceeds a detailed count by thousands of miles), and we only have 314 miles to fit in two countries along with all the attractions that teams have to pass by. Is this actually possible, or is New Zealand to Singapore part of the Asian race?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 11:52:24 PM by Neobie »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: July 15, 2006, 11:32:53 PM »
neobie your map isnt working :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #440 on: July 16, 2006, 12:04:28 AM »
Here's a quick update, with USA, China, Mongolia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Kuwait, Mauritius, Madagascar, Finland, Spain and France as 11 of the 13 countries. One missing country goes in between Vietnam and Kuwait, the other between Finland and Spain (probably Belarus then).

Does India work? ..and nice map :)   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 12:42:44 AM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #441 on: July 16, 2006, 12:36:39 PM »
12 teams means 12 legs, right? with 3 NEL and 9 Philiminations leaving 3 teams for the final leg from Paris back to the USofA.

If we are correct that the race begins in Seattle on May 27 and it lasts "less than 30 days" than the spotting of three teams on the flight from Paris to New York on June 24 makes sense.  But are these the three final teams or the teams that were Philimated 7th, 8th, and 9th and have been enjoying life in sequesterville??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #442 on: July 16, 2006, 12:59:07 PM »
12 teams means 12 legs, right? with 3 NEL and 9 Philiminations leaving 3 teams for the final leg from Paris back to the USofA.

If we are correct that the race begins in Seattle on May 27 and it lasts "less than 30 days" than the spotting of three teams on the flight from Paris to New York on June 24 makes sense.  But are these the three final teams or the teams that were Philimated 7th, 8th, and 9th and have been enjoying life in sequesterville??

I give up  :groan: .

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #443 on: July 16, 2006, 01:47:18 PM »

I give up  :groan: .

aww puddin needs a  :hugs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #444 on: July 16, 2006, 01:55:56 PM »
Example : If Tyler/James Lyn/Karlyn Rob/Kim are all decoys then I suppose Dustin/Kandy  & ChoBro's are the final 2 teams what happened to the 3rd team !? See it makes no sense at all   :naughtyd:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: July 16, 2006, 02:11:49 PM »
Example : If Tyler/James Lyn/Karlyn Rob/Kim are all decoys then I suppose Dustin/Kandy  & ChoBro's are the final 2 teams what happened to the 3rd team !? See it makes no sense at all   :naughtyd:

ill take either senerio

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #446 on: July 16, 2006, 02:54:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the clue box is positioned at the top level of the Eiffel Tower.  Just going by memory.  It's kind of squishy up there.  Those rivited windows in the shots are the windows into Gustave Eiffel 's office which is located at the third level.

From this Google Earth view ot the Tower you can see that the second level platform is very spacious  Lots of people!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: July 16, 2006, 03:16:39 PM »
If they're not decoys, then the whole Barcelona business may have to be reconsidered: Neobie wrote earlier of how tight the schedules are.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #448 on: July 16, 2006, 04:08:12 PM »
Chateau d If

I think you are right about the upper level.  Didn't one of the spoilers say it was the upper level?

Also when reviewing season one we had one team go to the upper level (instead of the 2cd level) and it matches as far as space is concerned.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #449 on: July 16, 2006, 04:32:04 PM »
This picture was taken between 9:14 and 9:19 am on June 23rd, 2006.

I've got good accuracy with this one because they are located at the North Leg of the tower (where Gustave's Statue is located).  And the Eiffel Tower is oriented exactly North/South/East/West in terms of its leg positions (as near as I can tell from Google Earth, and knowing the French zeal for perfection I suspect that it is exact).  With that pinpoint of orientation and the the way the shadow crosses the rounded surface almost exactly at the corner (a little before, and being a slanted curve, you have to look at the equatorial position) I peg the solar azimuth at 89 plus or minus half a degree.

This all argees quite nicely with the Exif data of the shots:  This Nikon shot has a time stamp of 15:17:31while the Canon shot Karlyn & Lynn has a timestamp of 16:16:54.  But Both shots were taken within seconds of each other.  So they just have a daylight saving time mismatch in addition to their timezone offset of six hours as noted by Slowhatch.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders