Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers  (Read 479802 times)

Offline jlaw

• RFF Newbie
Re: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers
« Reply #375 on: July 05, 2006, 11:50:21 AM »
I was on a flight from Paris to New York on June 24 with 3 TAR teams - 2 young guys, 2 african american women and a man & woman.  At ticketing, my friend  asked the two african american women what tv show it was for.  One of them answered, "You don't need to worry about it, just move out of the way".  We wound up sitting in the bulkhead between business class and coach, near the bathrooms.  The man from the man/woman team came over to us and asked if we knew where The News Building was in New York City - he even showed us the clue.  We tried our best to help him out - even gave him some money.  We asked him lots of questions, most of which he couldn't divulge.  Can't wait for the season to start.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #376 on: July 05, 2006, 11:55:45 AM »
Puddin: :hearts:
H E L P

My BH managed to wipe out my complete hard drive, and I am slowly trying to reconstruct things, but I can't find your email addy, so please get in touch and provide me any links you think I might be able to use

GMan :hrt:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #377 on: July 05, 2006, 12:22:02 PM »
I was on a flight from Paris to New York on June 24 with 3 TAR teams - 2 young guys, 2 african american women and a man & woman.  At ticketing, my friend  asked the two african american women what tv show it was for.  One of them answered, "You don't need to worry about it, just move out of the way".  We wound up sitting in the bulkhead between business class and coach, near the bathrooms.  The man from the man/woman team came over to us and asked if we knew where The News Building was in New York City - he even showed us the clue.  We tried our best to help him out - even gave him some money.  We asked him lots of questions, most of which he couldn't divulge.  Can't wait for the season to start.

Wow this could change everything jlaw ,the man & woman or any of the teams ...do you recognize them from these photos ?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=8798.0

and welcome to the forum :yaya: !

( Gman  Email on the way !! )

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #378 on: July 05, 2006, 12:47:38 PM »
hey jlaw maybe you will get on tv!! where the cameras on you while you were talking to them??
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #379 on: July 05, 2006, 12:55:30 PM »
Good question CJ. jlaw did you see camara men with the teams ?

Daily News building , NY

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #380 on: July 05, 2006, 12:58:01 PM »
i always wondered if the camera people were that noticeable or where the cameras more hidden so that people don't jump up and down yelling...I LOVE YOU MOM!!!  :yaya:
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #381 on: July 05, 2006, 08:03:20 PM »

I wonder if jlaw can tell us what airline this was on, what flight were they taking to New York from Paris. The correct answer here is important to verify that jlaw does not speak with forked tongue.

Offline jlaw

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #382 on: July 06, 2006, 08:12:04 PM »
Here's answers to everyone's questions and some back story:

Air France flight 8600 from Charles DeGalle to JKF.  Departed 6/24 @ 825am

While walking thru airport to get to the right terminal I spotted two rugged-looking young guys, a camera man and what looked like a production person.  When we got to the terminal and checked in, the agent said they had overbooked the flight and would we mind being bumped to a later flight in exchange for $150 voucher, which we agreed to.  However, the agent said we might still be on that flight and to check back later.  We went to cash our vouchers at the ticketing office and the two young guys were there with a stack of passports, which I assume is for themselves and the crew that travels with them.  When we went back to see if we were going to be on the first flight, we saw the two guys in line to check in and that's when we saw the african american women with their own cameraman.  When we were called up by an agent, my friend walked in front of the camera, asked her question and got rebuffed.  We found out that we were going to be on the first flight and after checking our baggage, left walking in front of the camera again.

From what I could tell, each team has their own camera man and sound guy. Plus there's someone that looks like a production person, but I'm not sure if there's one for every team.

It's difficult to tell from the pictures that have been posted if they are the ones I saw - the african american women for sure, the man/woman team in blue is a possibility.

Hope that covers it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:28:50 PM by jlaw »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #383 on: July 06, 2006, 08:21:39 PM »
Here's answers to everyone's questions and some back story:

Air France flight 8600 from Charles DeGalle to JKF.  Departed 6/24 @ 825am

While walking thru airport to get to the right terminal I spotted two rugged-looking young guys, a camera man and what looked like a production person.  When we got to the terminal and checked in, the agent said they had overbooked the flight and would we mind being bumped to a later flight in exchange for $150 voucher, which we agreed to.  However, the agent said we might still be on that flight and to check back later.  We went to cash our vouchers at the ticketing office and the two young guys were there with a stack of passports, which I assume is for themselves and the crew that travels with them.  When we went back to see if we were going to be on the first flight, we saw the two guys in line to check in and that's when we saw the african american women with their own cameraman.  When we were called up by an agent, my friend walked in front of the camera, asked her question and got rebuffed.  We found out that we were going to be on the first flight and after checking our baggage, left walking in front of the camera again.

From what I could tell, each team has their own camera man and sound guy. Plus there's someone that looks like a production person, but I'm not sure if there's one for every team.

It's difficult to tell from the pictures that have been posted if they are the ones I saw - the african american women for sure, the man/woman team in blue is a possibility.

Hope that answers covers it.

airfrance 8600?? there is no airfrance flight 8600.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #384 on: July 06, 2006, 08:34:45 PM »
Thanks for replying jlaw ..

I know nothing about airlines but a quick google ..for example .

Fri, May 26
8:25am Depart - Paris de Gaulle, France (CDG) Delta Air Lines 8600 operated by AIR FRANCE Adult Fare Rules
10:15am Arrive - New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) Nonstop
Flight time: 7 hrs 50 min

source

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #385 on: July 06, 2006, 08:35:43 PM »
Thanks for replying jlaw ..

I know nothing about airlines but a quick google ..for example .

Fri, May 26
8:25am Depart - Paris de Gaulle, France (CDG) Delta Air Lines 8600 operated by AIR FRANCE Adult Fare Rules
10:15am Arrive - New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) Nonstop
Flight time: 7 hrs 50 min
Total Travel Time: 15 hrs 20 min
source

aka airfrance flight 22

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #386 on: July 06, 2006, 08:39:06 PM »
Could you remember an Asian team ot Asian man  jlaw?

Offline jlaw

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #387 on: July 06, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »
Could you remember an Asian team ot Asian man  jlaw?

Didn't see an asian team.  Only the three teams I mentioned before.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #388 on: July 06, 2006, 09:13:09 PM »
Quote from: Mid-town spoiler
Getting out of a cab that was from Newark (which made it stand out more from the traditional NYC cabs).
The two spoilers might dovetail; I don't know much about the cab ranks at JFK but it might be possible for a Newark cab to drop somebody off at JFK and then pick up a racer there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #389 on: July 06, 2006, 09:13:32 PM »
It's not that we don't believe you jlaw , you can't blame us for being sceptical ..if you could give us something . Any chance you still have your ticket or reciept or something  :lol: ?

Offline jlaw

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #390 on: July 06, 2006, 09:56:12 PM »
It's not that we don't believe you jlaw , you can't blame us for being sceptical ..if you could give us something . Any chance you still have your ticket or reciept or something  :lol: ?

I keep everything! Let's see if this works...

( too much info jlaw , we edited out your personal info  :waves:  )
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 10:49:56 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #391 on: July 06, 2006, 09:57:08 PM »
 :jumpy: Thanks you jlaw !!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 10:48:54 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #392 on: July 06, 2006, 11:11:31 PM »
mmmm, those little black feathers taste good.    :o

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

msbuni

« Reply #393 on: July 07, 2006, 07:56:50 AM »

:hearts:  :hearts:  jlaw!! 

A few questions for you...

1.  Did you by chance get the names of the people you spoke with on the flight? (the ones who you gave directions & money to?)
2.  Did you hear or ask if Paris was just a "hub" or if they actually did any tasks in the city?
3.  I am guessing you didn't snap any pictures...if you did we would just love it!  :jumpy:

Thanks for all your posts - we look forward to more as well as the start of TAR10.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #394 on: July 07, 2006, 08:11:09 AM »
The man from the man/woman team came over to us and asked if we knew where The News Building was in New York City - he even showed us the clue.

Thanks Jlaw for all of the info.  You went over and beyond what you needed to.  I don't know why Puddin was so mean to you.  She's usually quite nice.  ;)

All, This feels like a decoy to me.  The African American women team was also reported to have shown the same clue to someone in New York City.  Racers are not supposed to show their clues and call attention to themselves.  The last time I recall this happening was in Toronto during TAR8.  Those occurrences turned out to be decoys.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: July 07, 2006, 08:44:19 AM »
The man from the man/woman team came over to us and asked if we knew where The News Building was in New York City - he even showed us the clue.

Thanks Jlaw for all of the info.  You went over and beyond what you needed to.  I don't know why Puddin was so mean to you.  She's usually quite nice.  ;)

All, This feels like a decoy to me.  The African American women team was also reported to have shown the same clue to someone in New York City.  Racers are not supposed to show their clues and call attention to themselves.  The last time I recall this happening was in Toronto during TAR8.  Those occurrences turned out to be decoys.

i agree its totall decoy, and also smart that they would have 2 final 3 teams running to diff locations. usually they would go through hawaii,canada,alaska,or san juan when returning back to the us. so them just going from paris to jfk didnt make sence

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #396 on: July 07, 2006, 09:51:39 AM »
Pedaler I wasn't mean  lol  :lol: ! You know jlaw I wanted to believe you and was just hoping you had something to prove me right  :xxx .
Totally agree, this has decoys written all over it ..the couple, the African American girl team , no idea about the 2 young males ..I guess we wait and see what the cast looks like .

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #397 on: July 07, 2006, 10:05:33 AM »
Quote from: Mid-town spoiler
Getting out of a cab that was from Newark (which made it stand out more from the traditional NYC cabs).
The two spoilers might dovetail; I don't know much about the cab ranks at JFK but it might be possible for a Newark cab to drop somebody off at JFK and then pick up a racer there.

Taxi pickup rules at JFK are very strict and restricted to licensesed NYC cabs.  Cabs must pay fee and wait in controlled queue before picking up passengers.  Doubt very much that a Newark New Jersey registered cab would be able to pick up passengers arriving at Delta Terminal in JFK.

Yes, we must agree that jlaw was on the Delta Flight 8600  from Paris on June 24.  But were the other three teams and their crews also on the same flight?

We seem to have lost the two African American women in Helsinki (no sighting of them in Barcelona). So if they were on Delta 8600 with two other teams, all three teams might be headed to New York on June 24 from Sequesterville and are acting as decoys.  One team reportedly went to the Daily News Building on East 42nd street, the other team reportedly was sighted at Rockefeller Plaza at 1:15PM (Delta 8600 arrived at 10:25AM and it took them with no checked baggage almost three hours to reach Rock Plaza? - but maybe they are real clutzes afterall and went to Newark Airport first.)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Spoilers from the Middle Kingdom
« Reply #398 on: July 08, 2006, 11:31:44 AM »
Signal's wonderful detective work on Finland inspired me to prowl the Chinese sites for any spoilers, and with the help of Skald_Missa on the Chinese boards, I found something!

http://forum.friends6.com/view-49420.html
http://forum.friends6.com/view-50526.html

For those who can't read Chinese, here's how the threads go...

Scott910 (posting 22 May, +8 GMT) says that he chanced upon a company the previous day looking for translators, and so he submitted his resumé. The very next morning, he got notified for an interview in the afternoon. It was only when he got there when he found out that the job was for TAR production, from the 26th to 29th of May. (Perfect timing, anyone?) After almost passing out, he signed the confidentiality agreement, and was asked a few normal questions. The next few posts (other than the obvious envy and jealosy) identify him as being from Beijing. In the post dated that very evening, Scott910 says he got a call to start work on the 27th.

In the second thread, whoami80 (posting June 16) says that his friend was hired to help out in production, and earned Y1000 (about US$125) in five days. He bets on his underwear that the race will pass through Beijing. Not much disclosure, but he does later say that (his friend said that) Phil was really tall in person.

I think we should work on the dates given to us. Since the call stated that work starts on the 27th, it probably means that the 26th stated on the hiring notice was just a window period kind-of-thing. Working for five days would mean that the production process lasts until the 31st, the day the teams are sighted (starting?) in Ulan Bator. Perfect, with the teams departing Seattle on the 27th (arriving in Beijing on the morning of the 29th, Beijing is 16 hours ahead). We've seen from the Barcelona spoiler that production begins the day before the teams arrive, so that should give us the 29th, 30th and the 31st in China, enough time for a leg. Plus, how much production would be needed if the teams were just blasting through China without tasks?

On a side note, does anyone have any flight information for the 'United flight to Bejing via Tokyo'? United doesn't even serve Tokyo to Beijing.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 12:05:03 PM by Neobie »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #399 on: July 08, 2006, 06:09:55 PM »
Nice spoiling, Neobie.   :tup:   Wow, betting on his underwear....now that's serious!   :lol3:

BTW, we're all caught up in "BB7 Fever" over here, so TAR may be on the back burner for a while.   :snicker: