Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers  (Read 479872 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: First Spoiler for TAR10
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2006, 10:51:55 AM »
Yeah I already did a search , I bet you all did the same thing   :waves:

So does this mean the Croatia sighting might have something to it ?

Oh Boy ! What a RACE so far  :jumpy:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2006, 10:56:27 AM »
Lost returns!!!   :woohoo:

That is so awesome - remember that Ariel's brother won the Amazing Race several years ago.

Posted by: Rob | June 01, 2006 at 11:32 PM

two weeks ago that guy Zanjaan was hiring people for this project and he wouldn't even tell people a single thing about it.

A couple of years ago they also had that program "Lost" filmed here. I watched the few episodes last summer here in mgl and it was the most ridiculous thing ever.

Posted by: Luke | June 02, 2006 at 11:50 PM

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2006, 11:00:15 AM »
That is so awesome - remember that Ariel's brother won the Amazing Race several years ago

Ariel is zach from tar3's sister.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2006, 11:02:30 AM »
Now why didn't I ever see NBC's Lost !?  ???

Zapit
'Amazing Race' Back on Its Game
Keoghan promises 'less faces, more places' in new season
By Rick Porter
February 27 2006

For all the ping-ponging around he has to do, though, it's clear Keoghan still loves the job, and he readily ticks off a few places he'd like the show to go in the future: Mongolia, Bhutan, Nepal, the interior of Africa

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2006, 11:03:59 AM »
Hello,

1. I think the people that asked me for money did have backpacks; don't quite remember.
2. The picture of the cars was at the towers (hence the large tower in the background); there was one car that had yet to arrive when I took that picture.
3. They most likely came from DEL (Delhi, India); based on the times.

I'm still a little bit confused, so help me out on the pictures of the cars.  Scenes #1, #8 and #10 show a lineup of seven cars with empty space to the left of the last car. These scenes seem to be in front of the Kuwait Towers. But in scenes #2, #3 and #5 there is a curb and shrub next to the last car and we see at least one team and cameracrew walking off to the left.  So to me this is two locations. Can our friend in K set me straight. And how many cars actually are seen at the Kuwait Tower. K says that when he took the picture (seven cars) one more was still to come.  That would put the number of teams in Kuwait at 8 and mean only  three legs had been run before arriving in Kuwait.

Also if we have a sighting now in Mongolia (May 31)and New Zealand (June 2)  we now have a week to kill before the surviving eight teams arrive in Kuwait. And with the loss of a day because we cross the International Date Line, we would have to have the teams leave Seattle on May 28. And if they do go to Mongolia first, they probably connect through Tokyo.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2006, 11:05:48 AM »
Ulan Bator, Mongolia
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2006, 11:08:21 AM »
GMan, several of the pix of the cars were taken through the side mirror of the photographer's car.  That's why they are inverted.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2006, 11:15:05 AM »
Ulan Bator, The Monastery of the Living Buddha

It was moved often to various places along the Selenga, Orhon and Tuul rivers until reaching its present location in the late 18th century, on the high road from Peking to Kiakhta (Kiachta), about 700 m. N.W. of Peking and 165 m. S. of the trading town of Kiakhta on the Russian frontier. It is the holy city of the Mongols and the residence of the " Living Buddha," metropolitan of the Kalka tribes, who ranks third in degree of veneration among the dignitaries of the Lamaist Church. This " resplendently divine lama " resides in a sacred quarter on the western side of the town, and acts as the spiritual colleague of the Chinese amban. It prospered in the 1860s as a commercial center on the tea route between Russia and China (early 20th century trade was valued at over 1,000,000 ?dollar a year) and was the seat of the Qing amban (highest imperial official) in Mongolia, who controled all temporal matters, and was specially charged with the control of the frontier trade town of Kiakhta and its trade with Russia.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2006, 11:21:21 AM »
Please help and forgive my ignorance!!! :-[

I dont quite understand.  The race started in Seattle and is traveling from west to east. Correct?

From what I have read, the sightings have been first in Mongolia, Then in New Zeland, and then in Kuwait.  I really dont get it. I have been looking at maps, and dont understand how they go to Mongalia and then all the back to New Zeland and then all the way to Kuwait.  It does not add up. 

WHat do you guys think?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2006, 11:28:53 AM »
So this is a ger.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2006, 11:31:12 AM »
TPTB for TAR are known to follow the rule that the shortest distance between two points is not a straight line!  They have been known to backtrack and go by the longest way just to pile up the miles so that they can brag that TAR10, for example, covered a record 75,000 miles on their trip around the world.  So the seemingly indiret itinerary from Seattle to Ulan Bator (via Hawaii and or Tokyo) down to New Zealand up to Singapore and then on to Kuwait via New Delhi makes sense.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2006, 11:32:39 AM »
Possible destination that the post refered to:  Ref

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2006, 11:40:33 AM »
TPTB for TAR are known to follow the rule that the shortest distance between two points is not a straight line!  They have been known to backtrack and go by the longest way just to pile up the miles so that they can brag that TAR10, for example, covered a record 75,000 miles on their trip around the world.  So the seemingly indiret itinerary from Seattle to Ulan Bator (via Hawaii and or Tokyo) down to New Zealand up to Singapore and then on to Kuwait via New Delhi makes sense.

Thank you for your explanation gingerman.  What you say makes sense.

:tup:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2006, 12:05:47 PM »
puddin' recently posted an article from TV Week http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=8594.0

In that article, Phil admitted to using mock teams to test various tasks in each leg.  All this great info has me skeptical that we are seeing acutal racers.  None-the-less, it is fun to chase down leads and it will be even more fun to see if all of this is correct next Fall.

Imagine how much glee we will feel  ;D  :jumpy: when the teams are posted on the CBS web site and one team is all-female from Alabama.

Thanks for all the input.

Offline k.thekuwaiti

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2006, 12:39:10 PM »

I'm still a little bit confused, so help me out on the pictures of the cars.  Scenes #1, #8 and #10 show a lineup of seven cars with empty space to the left of the last car. These scenes seem to be in front of the Kuwait Towers. But in scenes #2, #3 and #5 there is a curb and shrub next to the last car and we see at least one team and cameracrew walking off to the left.  So to me this is two locations. Can our friend in K set me straight. And how many cars actually are seen at the Kuwait Tower. K says that when he took the picture (seven cars) one more was still to come.  That would put the number of teams in Kuwait at 8 and mean only  three legs had been run before arriving in Kuwait.

Also if we have a sighting now in Mongolia (May 31)and New Zealand (June 2)  we now have a week to kill before the surviving eight teams arrive in Kuwait. And with the loss of a day because we cross the International Date Line, we would have to have the teams leave Seattle on May 28. And if they do go to Mongolia first, they probably connect through Tokyo.

All the pictures of the cars were taken at the Kuwait Towers; there were 7 cars there and I saw one more on the way (total 8).  The pictures look inverted because I took the shots from the rearview mirror of my car. Keep in mind that the cars don't necessarily represent the number of teams. I saw quite a few crew people (as seen in the shot taken by Nibaq).

I will check if any of my friends have pictures; I think Nibaq might have a couple from the inside the airport.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2006, 01:21:51 PM »
Your a great detective  k.thekuwaiti  ! and by the way I don't think I ever told you that your pictures from your cell-phone turned out Just Amazing !! Thanks again for letting us post them  :kuss:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2006, 01:28:25 PM »
The Mongolian poster said they went to: Terelj

Looks like a great background for a pit stop.

This may be the same train thay took from China.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:34:03 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2006, 02:21:53 PM »
Is there any way that Seattle date of May 30th is off by a day?

Becausethey could get to Mongolia on the "cold and rainy" Wednesday the 31st if they left Seattle on the 29th.

Here's how it is for leaving on the 30th.  Driving and train times are WAGs.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 02:24:56 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2006, 02:52:43 PM »
Here's another time estimation using the very early (by TAR standards) flight from Seattle.  Also using Rabrab's (see TWoP) car and train estimates.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2006, 03:10:06 PM »
Nicely done Chateau d If ! Kudos to Rabrab ! :jam: I agree we have no firm date so it could very well be between May 28th to the 29th ?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2006, 03:16:58 PM »
so wow they really did leave during the memorial day travels

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: Spoiler's for TAR10
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2006, 04:39:14 PM »
This indicates that they may have arrived at 1:30 pm.  I don't understand why teams would have been required to drive to the China Mongolia boarder.

Unless that was th only way to catch the train.   ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »
 Amazing Chateau !! :hfive:

I was just reading this , what a coincidence ..

During a typical romp on Amazing Race (for the uninitiated, a race around the world, usually involving often-bickering teams of two), contestants are allowed to ask locals for help but they can't say what show they're on. "We had a lot of people say, 'Are you on The Amazing Race?'" Vaughn remembers. "No matter where you are in the world, [you have to] say, 'No, we're doing a travel documentary.' "

link

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2006, 05:19:59 PM »
you guys are crazy!! totally awesome how you find out all that info!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2006, 05:48:03 PM »
I just noticed that according to that train post, the travel time from Beijing is 29 hours.   :o

But if they are riding only from Erlyan then, what?, 14 hours.   Map below from here.

The yellow arrows show cities served by Air China.  If that's an option.