Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers  (Read 479787 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: First Spoiler for TAR10
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2006, 09:41:32 AM »
Team #2 m/f

My take on all these guys milling about is that they are production crew members waiting for their teams to arrive and get into their respective cars.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Google Earth now available for LINUX
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2006, 11:08:05 AM »
 :jumpy:  Sorry if this is a bit OT, but it's still useful detective information.   ;D

Google has just released a version of Google Earth for Linux  (Version 4 Beta).  This will be useful for those detectives that are using Linux and felt left-out during the previous seasons of spoiling.  Now you can GE with the rest of us.   :jam:

http://earth.google.com/

(BTW, looks like there is no "offline mode" for Linux users, so you have to be "connected to the internet" first, before starting GE.)

OK, back to "summer hibernation" for me till TAR10 starts up in the fall.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 02:24:36 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2006, 04:12:03 PM »
:yaya: Boingo !

Ok just throwing some stuff out thats been in my head ~

I was sent a tip that someone with a platinum  card or membership ? not sure how that works ? had tried to book a room at one of the Hyatt Hotels on Memorial Day weekend in Tacoma Seattle , Washington but was told that it was booked for a special group .
Now does anyone hae any pull or away to check this ? ( I stand corrected ,not Tacoma just Seattle   ;) )

Now what I read around various boards whether true or not just spec :
Asia TAR:AXN race does not start filming untill Sept ? Does anyone here know about this ? or maybe someone can check it out because it might help us figure out whiats USA version and whats Asian ?

( now I went and forgot what else I read that caught my attention , I'll post when I remember   :angel: )

edited to add :
I sent our Kuwaiti friend a personal message , hopefully he will come over and post more of what he saw ! So be on the look out for k.thekuwaiti :) !!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 04:55:25 PM by puddin »

Offline k.thekuwaiti

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2006, 05:10:42 PM »
Hey guys,

I took those pictures on Friday, around 8.15 am..

I was at the airport, they came running out of the customs place to get to their destination, but they each had to wait for their crew to get their stuff. Each team (two people) had two crew members with them (#3 is actually the crew for a guy/girl team). Their task was to take a rented car from the airport to the Kuwait Towers. Other than the cars in the pictures; I saw another jeep liberty on my way to the towers.

My D50 was in the car, didn't have time to get it until I saw them again at the Towers.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 05:16:36 PM by k.thekuwaiti »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2006, 05:13:46 PM »
 :waves:

Thank You

:jam:

Did you get to the towers before them?   :lol:

I'm wondering if the cars they had lined up were pre-placed there.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2006, 05:16:23 PM »
thanks for the pics :jumpy:
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2006, 05:16:41 PM »
Oh boy that was fast k.thekuwaiti  :hearts: ! Welcome to the forum !! and thank you so much !!
Now would you mind if we asked you a few questions ?

:welcome:

Offline k.thekuwaiti

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2006, 05:19:51 PM »
The cars were lined up at the airport; there were several of them (I saw them when I parked my car). Then I went into the airport, got coffee and saw the whole TAR group coming out of customs. I then talked to a team, told them how to get to the towers with a pre-rented car(they were the last people). I then got in my car, drove to the towers (quite fast) where i spotted the line up in front of the towers.

Offline k.thekuwaiti

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2006, 05:20:56 PM »
Oh boy that was fast k.thekuwaiti  :hearts: ! Welcome to the forum !! and thank you so much !!
Now would you mind if we asked you a few questions ?

:welcome:

I check my mail quite often ;)
Ask away .. I will probably answer them tomorrow morning tho as I am several hours ahead of you guys.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2006, 05:26:02 PM »
Do you think they just went to find a box at the towers or did they go to that water park and play, ie have to perform a task there?

Also, was there any kind of identifying colored flags to designate the parking places, like red and yellow?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2006, 05:27:59 PM »
Thank you k.thekuwaiti  :jam: !  It's only 6:20 pm where I am , sorry to keep you up  :lol:.

I was wondering about the teams , thanks for clearing up the bandana /camaramen confusion .
The Asian team , were they both Asian ? and were they m/m or m/f?
Same goes for the Black team :) ?

Offline k.thekuwaiti

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2006, 05:36:54 PM »
The teams I do remember (it was quite early that day)

1. Girl/Girl (pink and quite hot)
2. Man/Women team (the woman had a prostethic leg)
3. Asian team
4. Black team.
5. Another Man/Woman team (woman wearing blue .. in the towers shot)
6. Yet Another Man/Woman team (Wearing yellow)

The people in the khakis were the crew, each team had a camera man and sound man.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2006, 05:47:50 PM »
2. Man/Women team (the woman had a prostethic leg)
  :o

5. Another Man/Woman team (woman wearing blue .. in the towers shot)
  :tup: again thanks for the confirmation k.thekuwaiti !

Did you happen to overhear where they flew in from ?
And the team that asked for money , did they have backpacks too ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2006, 08:19:01 PM »
Sleep well k.thekuwaiti  :kuss: !!

so I did some searching on the NewZealand spoiler , its looking good

cantdecide 4 June, 2006 - 7:20pm
Apparently the Amazing Race came to NZ last week and they went to Devonport and one team asked my friend's sister's friends [xD] for money instructions on how to use the ferry! 

*was fully buzzing about that*

link

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2006, 08:29:45 PM »
Link to DevonPort

http://www.devonport.co.nz/

ETA:
Devonport Ferries Timetable
From Auckland:... catch the ferry at the Ferry Buildings, Quay St at the end of Queen St.
From Devonport:.... catch the ferry at the Devonport Wharf, only two minutes walk from the village
Trip time is approx 12 minutes and the tariff is $8.40 return. Ferries leave every 30 minutes during the day.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2006, 08:45:44 PM »
 :waves: found something else !!

Cowabunga dude!!! ( posted June 5th 2006 )
( starts off )
Well hello hello hello!!! I'm afraid I dont have any photographs for all you Beth- blog-a-holics but I just have to tell you that I am having the most amazing time here in the wonderful South Island of New Zealand!
( midway )
seen teams from the tv programme 'the amazing race' jump out of 4x4s and get their clues from a small box in a small town; been told off by the production team for trying to pose for a photo with a clue from said box in our hand;

Link

ETA: all NZ sightings seem to be around the same date :)

Hey you never know , good for speculation maybe , maybe not . And yes I know there is an Asian version of TAR but New Zealand was mentioned here .

"Amazing Race 10 Sighting "
To those who are interested:
A friend of mine saw a team from what I guess is Season 10 on an Air New Zealand flight from Queenstown to Auckland, yesterday, June 2nd. The team spotted was 'an Asian couple, who looked very tired'. They were apparently en route to Singapore.

If I hear any more information I will post it.

from RTVW
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:09:31 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2006, 10:25:36 PM »
Question for our helpful friend in Kuwait:

The pix of the seven cars lined up - is that at the airport or at the Towers?  If at the Towers then it means that we have seven teams; if at the airport then we have only the six teams mentioned since TPTB always seem to have one more than necessary of cars, stunts, stuff, etc.

If we start with the usual 11 teams from Seattle on May 30, then we will lose five teams before they arrive in Kuwait on June 9. 

So it starts to look like:

May 30 leave Seattle for Hawaii

June 2 arrive in New Zealand (lose a day crossing the International Date Line)

June 3 End of leg one

June 4 End of leg two

June 5 End of leg three

June 6 End of leg four

June 7 End of leg five\

June 8 Leave from somewhere for Kuwait

June  9 Arrive in Kuwait.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2006, 10:37:27 PM »
Leave from somewhere for Kuwait
I've borrowed from Chateau's screencap (I'm not linking there again) for the Fri. morning arrivals. The good news is that there isn't much to choose from (Cochin and Islamabad can probably be ruled out). The bad news is that if the teams are connecting from London or Manila/Bangkok, rather than originating there, then the teams could have started their flights from...a lot of different places. (great NZ work, Puddin!  :woohoo:)

Offline k.thekuwaiti

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2006, 01:34:10 AM »
Hello,

1. I think the people that asked me for money did have backpacks; don't quite remember.
2. The picture of the cars was at the towers (hence the large tower in the background); there was one car that had yet to arrive when I took that picture.
3. They most likely came from DEL (Delhi, India); based on the times.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2006, 01:57:37 AM »
Thanks K  :tup:, and welcome to the forums  :waves:.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2006, 06:58:13 AM »
:yaya: k.thekuwaiti , your the best for answering our questions ! We hope you stick around with us ! Also we would love to hear more about you and your life in Kuwait :)

so based on what we heard or read so far ( specualtion don't beat me up guys   :lol: )

Seattle
Hawaii
Auckland/New Zealand
Singapore/Malyasia
Delhi, India
Kuwait
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:07:08 AM by puddin »

Offline x_kicks

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2006, 07:39:02 AM »
According to the TAR AXN Asia website, filming should start around the middle of this year. Since applications must be submitted by 31 March 2006, and the producers were doing the interviews in April, the Asia race could be in the process of filming now.

I doubt Singapore would be a stop in TAR 10, but a stopover for a transit flight may be possible.

I am so excited now! I really hope the team of females will go far in the race, if there really is one!  :hearts:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2006, 10:22:15 AM »
WOW thanks for the great info and welcome to the board k.thekuwaiti

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2006, 10:37:43 AM »
 :waves: x_kicks !

via Twop's
drsmartassphd
Channel Surfer

Today @ 9:18 am
I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this, but these people in Mongolia acted as Ferns for a team from Alabama:
Mongolia

Username and password are both "mongolia".

Please don't tell them I sent you!!!!

Amazing Race
By Charlie

Wednesday, May 31 was cold and rainy in UB. Rachel and I went to the gym in the late morning and then enjoyed lunch at our favorite ex-pat watering hole.

As the lattes arrived, we saw a horde of alpha-humans charging through the courtyard of the monastery/museum across the street. Each team of two was followed by a cameraman and sound guy. The teams ran up to a temple, grabbed an envelope, tore it open, ran to a waiting jeep, loaded up and drove away.

People in the restaurant watched, not having any idea what was happening. “They are making a movie,” said the wonderful Ethiopian proprietor. We watched this happen at least ten times before I walked outside and tried to figure out what the hell was going on.

I walked up to a grizzled Australian who appeared to be in charge. “What are we watching here?” I asked. “It’s a TV show.”

“Which TV show?” I asked.

“It’s in development. It doesn’t have a name.”

Whatever. I went back in the restaurant and we kept watching the drama unfold.

Half an hour after it all began, Rachel and I finished our food, paid the bill and walked out of the restaurant. About 10 of 20 jeeps were still parked in front of the restaurant. Americans in travel gear with their camera crews in toe were running all over the place. Mongolians stood by the side of the road, trying to make sense of the spectacle.

Two young African-American women frantically interrogated the Mongolian bystanders. “Do you speak English? Do you speak English?” The Mongolians looked on, totally nonplused.

Then they saw us. “Do you speak English?” “Yes,” I said.

“We need to get to Terelj. Where is it?”

I pointed east and started giving directions. “Come out of here and turn right. Then turn left at the intersection and right at the light. Follow the road for a while until you get to a circle…” They looked confused.

“Can you show us?”

Well, ****. Of course!

So we all piled in the Russian jeep and hit the road. I offered to drive, since I have a Mongolian driver’s license. But Lynn said that she had to drive. The camera guy rode shotgun. Karlyn road in the back seat, on the left. I was in the middle. The sound guy was to my right.

And off we went.

At that moment, I figured that these two women from Alabama were contestants on some two-bit reality show being filmed for Discovery Travel or some other lame cable channel. I asked Lynn and Karlyn and they didn’t seem to know. In fact, they probably knew very well that they are contestants on the Amazing Race. But the rules of the game forbid them – or the crews – from mentioning the name of the show while it is being filmed. I learned this later from a friend who is familiar with how the Amazing Race is shot.

But Karlyn and Lynn didn’t have a whole lot of time to talk about this, since we were all trying to navigate UB traffic without getting killed. We did come very close to being creamed by a bus.

We headed east on Peace Avenue.

“So,” I said, “Where are we going?”

Karlyn busted out the instructions, which said that they should get in their jeep and drive to Terelj while obeying the traffic laws.

“Where’s your map?” I asked.

“We didn’t get one because we found you first.”

The instructions continued, saying that they should park their jeep in the village of Terelj, where they would meet some horses and a nomad who would help them with the horses. And that was it. No more instructions.

“When you see the nomad,” I said, “you should greet him with ‘Sain baina uu?’”

They repeated this a few times and I wrote it down for them.

I explained about the ger areas that we passed on the outskirts of UB. Lynn and Karlyn explained that they had arrived in UB that morning on a train from the Chinese border. They had apparently driven from Beijing to the China-Mongolia border.

“I didn’t expect this place to be so developed,” said Karlyn, as she looked at the rundown Soviet apartment buildings. “Just wait,” I said.

“Seeing this makes me feel blessed to come from Alabama.”

“Amen.”

As we got out of town, the traffic thinned and there were no more big turns. I told them to keep driving until they passed the antenna farm on the right and to look for the fork in the road about 10 or 15 minutes after that. “Turn left at the fork.”

Having mastered the jeep, Lynn became more talkative. “You are a gift sent from God,” she said.

Karlyn continued: “A gift sent from Heaven. Amen.”

Lynn pulled the jeep over to the side of the road. Karlyn wrestled with her door, but could not get it to open. The cameraman had already climbed out to shoot my departure, so I wrestled my way into the front seat to exit through the front passenger door.

The jeep sped towards Terelj and I hired a taxi into town where I picked up some shipping boxes from DHL.

Please, God. Please let Lynn and Karlyn win the Race. Amen.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2006, 10:45:48 AM »
nice we got names of 1 team  :woohoo: :woohoo: