Author Topic: We *really* don't get to pick  (Read 11147 times)

TerryS

We *really* don't get to pick
« on: May 30, 2006, 12:16:11 AM »
They already have the top 20, meaning they got the okay from 20 past house guests I suppose. Who knows who those 20 are. I really don't think they'll let any of the past winners back in either but one can hope, so here are some of my votes:

Eddie    (:;)  :lol3:  Will Mega :o  & Brittany  B:)  from BB1
Hardy :hrt:  Shanon  :snicker:  &  Monica :knuckles: from BB2 (Wonder if they'd let Justin back)  ???
Marcellas  :xxx Roddy  ;D  & Jason  :angel:  from BB3
Alison & Justin  :kuss:  :meow:  & Erika  :flirt: from BB4
Diane & Drew :hearts:  & Cowboy  :jumpy: from BB5

Sorry to say I did not get the chance to watch BB6  :(

I'll be mighty P.O.'d if they don't have at least one person from BB1. Ms. Megaphone (Crazy Megaphone /Girl Lady) at least!!!  ;)

Offline NikkiTees

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: We *really* don't get to pick
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 09:23:48 AM »
We get to vote 12 of the 20 past houseguests that CBS has picked to go back into the house.
I guess the 12 with the most votes gets to go back in.

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 09:29:02 AM »
I wonder if CBS will tell which 12 got voted in and which 6 were pick to go in?
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:31:26 AM »
Come on, do you really think they would be so kind?
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 10:13:34 AM »
We know they picked the 20...and yes they are going to pick ones that lasted a while as they want ratings.  They will pick the ones that got the most hype.  I can see cappy int eh mix...as he was one you loved to hate.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 10:57:27 AM »
No, Ivette was worse. What I loved was during the final show when Ivette was let out of the house she runs for Cappy first, running right by her friend Beau (sp?). I laughed so hard.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 01:27:22 PM »
They'll probably "put" Ivette in the house just to piss us off ! Such the drama queen " ya know what I'm sayin ?" , " ya know what I mean " , " ya want me to tell ya what I mean ? "  :meow:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 01:29:02 PM »
luckly  i didnt waste my time with bb6.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 01:39:46 PM »
I wouldn't say it was a waste of time. Just the busto comments alone were priceless.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 01:42:50 PM »
Of the 3 seasons I watched no other season compared to BB6 ! Best cast best overall drama ! Who could forget he famous Micheal & Crappy fight !? Now that alone was worth the 30$ !!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 02:43:23 PM »
Yea, the fight was great. And don't forget the accusations that Michael was molesting the women. Ton's of drama!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 04:32:25 PM »
Thats one of the reasons I think that BB should ask Michael if he wants to come back into the house , he was accused of something by JBLow that never happened  :meow: . I wonder if she ever got any mental help ? Seriously how could someone like her even sleep at night ? My gut would be twisting .

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 04:42:18 PM »
She has no morals. Totally inexcusable. Even Cole is a better person than her.  :lol3:

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 05:16:36 PM »
All this ballyhoo over Big Brother is strange to me.  Why would anyone with morals.....want to watch people without morals?  I'm assuming that is why people tune in to shows like this, after all.  If everyone was nice, respectable and never lied to others, what would be the interest in watching?  Does watching these weirdos, manipulators and exhibitionists make people feel better by comparison?  Or, would we invite people like this over to our homes to hang out?  Could their behavior influence in any way for our betterment?  It seems to me that watching is being a part of it, and I wouldn't want to sink to their level, not even if it was candy-coated to look like 'fun.'  Of course, this is just imo.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 05:26:08 PM »
Hi Guest...

I see your point, however, its just a form of entertainment. People watch to be entertained, not to learn morals from these people.

But, by your perspective, watching any form of TV is bad. If you watch any form of sitcom, drama, ect. then you are sinking to thier 'level' of sex, and the other bad things that are portrayed in those types of shows. And they are also candy-coated to look like 'fun'.

Welcome to the board, and hope to have more of your perspective in the future!

Rob

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 05:30:44 PM »
Hello!

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I also see your point.  I guess it all comes down to where each of us draws that "line" where we decide what to watch and not watch.  Really, if we were to avoid all sex, violence and immorality of any kind, there would be very little to watch on TV.  I mean, even the news is full of those things!  Thanks for sharing your perspective on Big Brother, and probably that of others, as well.

TerryS

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »
All this ballyhoo over Big Brother is strange to me.  Why would anyone with morals.....want to watch people without morals?  I'm assuming that is why people tune in to shows like this, after all.  If everyone was nice, respectable and never lied to others, what would be the interest in watching?  Does watching these weirdos, manipulators and exhibitionists make people feel better by comparison?  Or, would we invite people like this over to our homes to hang out?  Could their behavior influence in any way for our betterment?  It seems to me that watching is being a part of it, and I wouldn't want to sink to their level, not even if it was candy-coated to look like 'fun.'  Of course, this is just imo.

Well you're entitled to your opinions. You're right, if everyone was nice and never lied to others what would be the interest in watching? You answered your own question. The show is not about everyone sitting around and singing kumbaya  :lol:
Also, morals mostly are subjective. It simply is a contest, a show about winning $$$$. Is that in itself immoral? To some it might be.

The very first one was still the best in my opinion. It was the first, and it was quite interesting to see such a show on TV for the first time and the internet. There were only 10 people, so you really got a chance to get to know each of them, and they all seemed pretty normal.  As for the ratings, it takes a while for people to catch on to a show and this IS on in the summer. It had enough drama. Heck, George almost convinced them to walk out of the house at one point! I was screaming at the television! I think the show has completely lost its focus. It's supposed to be about Big Brother and how they react to Big Brother's wants and wishes as well as the other house guests. Its Orwellian focus is gone.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 05:34:34 PM »
But the Orwellian focas was boring, I thought, I missed the first 2 weeks of BB2 because I was afraid it was going to be like season 1. But when I got into the new show, I thought it was great. Its more of a peep show now, but that isn't all bad either! LOL

Rob

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »
The very first one was still the best in my opinion. It was the first, and it was quite interesting to see such a show on TV for the first time and the internet. There were only 10 people, so you really got a chance to get to know each of them, and they all seemed pretty normal.  As for the ratings, it takes a while for people to catch on to a show and this IS on in the summer. It had enough drama. Heck, George almost convinced them to walk out of the house at one point! I was screaming at the television! I think the show has completely lost its focus. It's supposed to be about Big Brother and how they react to Big Brother's wants and wishes as well as the other house guests. Its Orwellian focus is gone.

Actually, I also watched the first Big Brother.  It was the only one I did watch.  I wasn't really clear on what the focus was, other than staying in the house the longest and win the money.  Most of the participants were actually getting along pretty well, for the most part, as I recall.  George seemed like a nice guy, but I don't recall why he was trying to get everyone to walk out.  I mean, did they all lose sight on the reason they were there?? 

As for my obvious complaint about any immorality, that is played up tremendously.  After all, the producers want people to watch, and what else draws people more than the subject of sex?  Naturally, they include participants who are volatile, energetic and sexually charged, just hoping for some sparks and other things.  You know, if it were just a show about outlasting the housemates to win the money, then perhaps I could tolerate it.  I don't care to be a peeping Tom, watching everyone's every moves.  I'm not a prude, but I would prefer a real mental challenging game.

Offline TerryS

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 05:58:37 PM »
Actually, I also watched the first Big Brother.  It was the only one I did watch.  I wasn't really clear on what the focus was, other than staying in the house the longest and win the money.  Most of the participants were actually getting along pretty well, for the most part, as I recall.  George seemed like a nice guy, but I don't recall why he was trying to get everyone to walk out.  I mean, did they all lose sight on the reason they were there?? 

As for my obvious complaint about any immorality, that is played up tremendously.  After all, the producers want people to watch, and what else draws people more than the subject of sex?  Naturally, they include participants who are volatile, energetic and sexually charged, just hoping for some sparks and other things.  You know, if it were just a show about outlasting the housemates to win the money, then perhaps I could tolerate it.  I don't care to be a peeping Tom, watching everyone's every moves.  I'm not a prude, but I would prefer a real mental challenging game.

Then Big Brother is not your cup of tea huh? That's what it's all about, being a peeping Tom into their lives...remember that creepy eye in the opening credits and commercial bumpers? "Big Brother" wasn't as nasty or mean as he/she could have been. The show's producers/"writers" seemed to soften up on the house guests as the season went along. George's ridiculous reasoning for walking if I remember correctly was that they would "all be winners" if they walked out together.  :groan:

Offline TerryS

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 06:03:27 PM »
But the Orwellian focas was boring, I thought, I missed the first 2 weeks of BB2 because I was afraid it was going to be like season 1. But when I got into the new show, I thought it was great. Its more of a peep show now, but that isn't all bad either! LOL

Rob

I think it made for pretty good drama. George wanting to walk was a good example. But they were softies with them. I say they mess with their minds even more. *evil laugh*  :snicker:

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 06:10:26 PM »

I think it made for pretty good drama. George wanting to walk was a good example. But they were softies with them. I say they mess with their minds even more. *evil laugh*  :snicker:

So, for all you Big Brother lovers out there.....

Who of you would enjoy being a Housemate? 

I mean, if you don't mind having cameras on you ALL the time, at ALL angles, even in the shower, etc....

What about all those Mind Games?  That is all enough to scare me away, even if I thought I might have a chance at winning big money.  Would it all be worth it?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 06:12:27 PM »
I agree, I don't think it would be worth it, and I wouldn't do it. Not for just a 'chance' at money! LOL

But seriously, I would not be interested in doing it, but I really like watching it!! :)

Rob

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 06:13:43 PM »
I like your honesty, Rob!   :jam:   LOL

Offline TerryS

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 06:43:29 PM »
I would do it, but they'd have to pay me more moola! I also wouldn't want to be tied to a long-term contract!