Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 799257 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #2000 on: April 03, 2007, 11:11:28 PM »
Chateau, LOL what did they say to you  :lol:?

:hides , now that you bring up Dennis and Erica I forgot to mention that I was a fan of Allison & Donny  << he actually use to post here after we realized we were almost neighbors.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 03, 2007, 11:14:12 PM »
The one team that I could never understand why so many people liked was Chip/Kim. I was routing for Colin and Christie in the finale!

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2002 on: April 03, 2007, 11:21:04 PM »
My fave teams from the beginning were:

TAR5: Charla and Mirna
TAR6: Adam and Rebecca
TAR7: Meredith and Gretchen
TAR8: The Weavers
TAR9: Fran and Barry
TAR10: Kentucky
TAR11: Charla and Mirna

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #2003 on: April 04, 2007, 01:02:03 AM »
Chateau, LOL what did they say to you  ?

We chatted at bit .  I saw them in Dallas for the Premiere so they already knew what I looked like.  They told me that Allison hit somebody at LAX, driving that is.  Dennis showed me where he nailed his arm on the nails.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #2004 on: April 04, 2007, 08:28:28 AM »
My 2 cents  ;D

Season 1 - Nancy and Emily ( :'( so close to the Final 4)
Season 2 - Blake and Paige (she had the coolest Batman shirt)
Season 3 - John Vito and Jill (awesome couple!)
Season 4 - Millie and Chuck (yeah I know a lot of people didn't like them but man they were so dedicated)
Season 5 - Charla and Mirna (COMEDY!)
Season 6 - Don and Maryjean (they went out early, but they were so cool)
Season 7 - Meredith and Gretchen (funny names, loud woman, but nice and old)
Season 8 - GAGHAN FAMILY! (do I even need to explain my  :luvya:)
Season 9 - Fran and Barry (really competent as a team, probably the strongest old couple to run the race and got out on an unlucky break)
Season 10 - Dustin and Kandice (the F3 was poo poo without them)
Season 11 - Charla and Mirna (seriously, if they weren't in the race, it would be hella quiet/boring)

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2005 on: April 04, 2007, 09:51:47 AM »
I'm not a fan of Eric/Danielle either.  I am rooting for the BQ's and Oswald/Danny this season.

I don't see why what matters at Sucks or at TWoP or at TARflies has to matter here.  It's a seperate entity, even though some of the people are the same.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2006 on: April 04, 2007, 10:14:20 AM »
Yeah - I was just worried that people would think I was acting fake and you guys wouldnt like me  :'(

Enough of that mushy crap though LOL

I'm still surprised puddin rememberd RYAN AND PETER!!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2007 on: April 04, 2007, 06:10:40 PM »
Yeah - I was just worried that people would think I was acting fake and you guys wouldnt like me  :'(

Enough of that mushy crap though LOL

I'm still surprised puddin rememberd RYAN AND PETER!!

Since Ryan and Peter were an enigma from the Guam to Honolulu flight, many of us remember them and have been looking for closure. Now we have it.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2008 on: April 04, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »
 B:)

I didn't remember them :) Well, I did as soon as puddin mentioned them actually, but oh well.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2009 on: April 08, 2007, 01:56:15 PM »
I'm not sure if these are racers or if it fits the timeline, but I'll throw it in anyway: a blog entry of someone on the Narita-Honolulu flight that mentions a film crew.
Saturday, December 16th, part two...They were checking every back that was being carried on, and we also had a film crew filming four twenty-somethings on the flight, but I didn't find out what for...
That's it; no photos or other info.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2010 on: April 08, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »
You really are the King of blog finders Slowhatch :crown
Not really a shout out to rff but a link to us.

Monday, February 26, 2007
'Amazing Race' features my hometown
Consider it official. Guam is going to be featured in "The Amazing Race All-Stars" on one of my company's stations. I've fielded a couple of calls from some people who found out about this through various forums, message boards and the blogosphere - but I've been sworn to secrecy.

and some very pretty Guam pics at flickrs

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2011 on: April 08, 2007, 06:26:54 PM »
As the only spoiler by far for Guam tasks is the roadblock in AAFB, I hope they did the Detour down south. It's sparsely populated there, so not a lot of people would have noticed them. The Detour should have been something that relates with the local Chamorro culture.

As for landmarks, Two Lovers Point could have been a good Route Marker. Or one of the statues in Hagatńa. Any beach would have been okay too. ;D
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2012 on: April 09, 2007, 01:24:21 AM »
Puddin - it might be because it's 2 30AM, but is it just me or did you add a question mark beside E/D as the winners, or has that always been there...It didn't show up in the google cached image thingy..

Eric & Danielle (winners?)

Offline TSC

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2013 on: April 09, 2007, 06:43:51 AM »
Hey, newbie here, but long-time lurker checking in to join the party!  :jam: Looking forward to spoilering/speculating with a fantastic team of RFF detectives – here’s a contribution of mine on Roadblocks…

One of the most enjoyable strategic aspects of the race for me is how teams choose to divide up Roadblocks, ever since the rule that no person can do more than 6 Roadblocks on the race was implemented in Season 6. With that in mind, I’ve done some stats and analysis…

Roadblocks by episode:

Boardroom Puzzle
= Dustin, Charla, Eric, Oswald

Fish Farming
= Kandice, Mirna, Danielle, Danny

Find Team Letter
= Kandice, Mirna, Eric, Oswald

Who Smells a Rat?

Toss Rungu
= Dustin, Mirna, Danielle, Danny

Ride Rowboat (although this roadblock was not shown on TV, I rewatched the episode and looked out for the people wearing/holding lifevests)
= Kandice, Mirna, Eric, Danny

Knight in Armor
= Dustin, Charla, Eric, Neither of the Chas because they took the fast-forward when intersected with Uchenna/Joyce

Part-Time Job

Roadblocks by team member:

Beauty Queens

Dustin:  Boardroom Puzzle, Who Smells a Rat, Toss Rungu, Knight in Armor = 4
Kandice: Fish Farming, Find Team Letter, Ride Rowboat, Part-Time Job = 4

Charla/Mirna

Charla: Boardroom Puzzle, Who Smells a Rat, Knight in Armor = 3
Mirna: Fish Farming, Find Team Letter, Toss Rungu, Ride Rowboat, Part-Time Job = 5

Eric/Danielle

Eric: Boardroom Puzzle, Find Team Letter, Who Smells a Rat, Ride Rowboat, Knight in Armor = 5
Danielle: Fish Farming, Toss Rungu, Part-Time Job = 3

Chas

Oswald: Boardroom Puzzle, Find Team Letter, Who Smells a Rat = 3
Danny: Fish Farming, Toss Rungu, Ride Rowboat, Part-Time Job = 4

My thoughts and predictions

* On the subject of physical roadblocks – whilst Danielle definitely has some justification for claiming that Eric pushes the physical roadblocks upon her (which I’m surprised about), in my opinion, the person who has performed the most “physical” roadblocks has been Danny of the Chas .

* Comments on individual teams:

Beauty Queens – my favorite team this season (Love that they bring such a competitive fire, that they rarely bicker with each other, and that they cause drama with the other teams)! They’ve done a solid job of splitting Roadblocks so far, but I think they would be fine regardless – both are very competent at performing tasks.

Charla/Mirna – my second-favorite team this season (Love the entertainment value they consistently bring), and I think arguably the most dangerously placed when it comes to Roadblocks, because of some limitations that Charla faces (which we saw in this episode with the bikes). If the 6/6 split still holds, Mirna can only perform 1 more roadblock and I have a feeling that the cousins may want to have her perform it on the final leg (when it’s likely to be most crucial).

Eric/Danielle – now that Eric has nearly maxed out his Roadblocks, Danielle will have to continue to step up, which should prove to be very interesting. I’m biased and think that either Dustin or Kandice could beat her any day, but I was pleasantly surprised at her performance in Malaysia on the bikes – she may well be able to compete with Charla/Mirna and potentially the Chas.

Chas – They have the added flexibility of having done one less Roadblock than the other teams (due to taking the Fast Forward with Uchenna/Joyce in Poland). To a slightly lesser extent than the Beauty Queens, I think they both would give a relatively similar performance at most types of Roadblock– in compiling the stats though, I was surprised that Danny had done the most physical Roadblocks of all racers, given that I personally feel Oswald is in better shape.

* Looking ahead…
- Assuming that there is a Roadblock on the final episode (either in Hawaii or San Francisco), there are 4 roadblocks remaining.
- It’s likely that the Roadblock in Guam will take place at the military base (thanks to sightings?)
- I have a feeling that the Roadblock in Macau will be the Sky Jump (from what’ve I heard, a combination of bungee-jumping/sky-diving?!)

That’s all for now folks, let me know what you think!

Ooh, and what do people think of this post from Sucks?

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=7502.topic&index=2342

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2014 on: April 09, 2007, 07:18:52 AM »
Welcome TSC!  :welcome:

Yeah, like you, I fear for Charla/Mirna because of the 6 Roadblock rule. Charla has to do 3 of the last four, and I hope they're not that physical. Skyjumping roadblock in Macau, you say? Care to elaborate? I've never heard of that yet.

Has anyone commented on this picture of Oswald/Danny yet? For some reason, I think it's from Guam. And I think it's because they're looking back on their experiences and their life as a whole, as it was their last leg. Anyways, if it's not from Guam, it could be in Hong Kong or Macau, whichever is not the TBC. That other pic with Eric/Danielle confessional at night doesn't look Guam to me at all.

[attachment deleted by admin]
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline TSC

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2015 on: April 09, 2007, 07:36:30 AM »
Thank you hakushu!  ;D

I found out  about the Sky Jump in Macau through this blog entry:

http://www.johnnyjet.com/debbiec/DebbieCMacau2006.html

written by Debbie of TAR7 coincidentally! I just have a gut instinct that this task will be featured on the Macau leg (perhaps not necessarily as a Roadblock though) - it's very much the kind of height-based, adrenaline-pumping task that hasn't yet made an appearance on the Race so far...

Has anyone commented on this picture of Oswald/Danny yet? For some reason, I think it's from Guam

I agree with you - both Hong Kong and Macau are so urbanized that I don't think they would go to a rural locale for the Pit Stops (and the probability's reduced even further because either Hong Kong or Macau is likely to be the TBC leg, which would mean a lack of confessionals.

Offline tigress131

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2016 on: April 09, 2007, 08:36:32 AM »
Hey, newbie here, but long-time lurker checking in to join the party!  :jam: Looking forward to spoilering/speculating with a fantastic team of RFF detectives – here’s a contribution of mine on Roadblocks…

One of the most enjoyable strategic aspects of the race for me is how teams choose to divide up Roadblocks, ever since the rule that no person can do more than 6 Roadblocks on the race was implemented in Season 6. With that in mind, I’ve done some stats and analysis…

Roadblocks by episode:

Boardroom Puzzle

Fish Farming

Find Team Letter
= Kandice, Mirna, Eric, Oswald

Who Smells a Rat?

Toss Rungu
= Dustin, Mirna, Danielle, Danny

Ride Rowboat (although this roadblock was not shown on TV, I rewatched the episode and looked out for the people wearing/holding lifevests)
= Kandice, Mirna, Eric, Danny

Knight in Armor
= Dustin, Charla, Eric, Neither of the Chas because they took the fast-forward when intersected with Uchenna/Joyce

Part-Time Job

Roadblocks by team member:

Beauty Queens

Dustin:  Boardroom Puzzle, Who Smells a Rat, Toss Rungu, Knight in Armor = 4
Kandice: Fish Farming, Find Team Letter, Ride Rowboat, Part-Time Job = 4

Charla/Mirna

Charla: Boardroom Puzzle, Who Smells a Rat, Knight in Armor = 3
Mirna: Fish Farming, Find Team Letter, Toss Rungu, Ride Rowboat, Part-Time Job = 5

Eric/Danielle

Eric: Boardroom Puzzle, Find Team Letter, Who Smells a Rat, Ride Rowboat, Knight in Armor = 5
Danielle: Fish Farming, Toss Rungu, Part-Time Job = 3

Chas

Oswald: Boardroom Puzzle, Find Team Letter, Who Smells a Rat = 3
Danny: Fish Farming, Toss Rungu, Ride Rowboat, Part-Time Job = 4

My thoughts and predictions

* On the subject of physical roadblocks – whilst Danielle definitely has some justification for claiming that Eric pushes the physical roadblocks upon her (which I’m surprised about), in my opinion, the person who has performed the most “physical” roadblocks has been Danny of the Chas .

* Comments on individual teams:

Beauty Queens – my favorite team this season (Love that they bring such a competitive fire, that they rarely bicker with each other, and that they cause drama with the other teams)! They’ve done a solid job of splitting Roadblocks so far, but I think they would be fine regardless – both are very competent at performing tasks.

Charla/Mirna – my second-favorite team this season (Love the entertainment value they consistently bring), and I think arguably the most dangerously placed when it comes to Roadblocks, because of some limitations that Charla faces (which we saw in this episode with the bikes). If the 6/6 split still holds, Mirna can only perform 1 more roadblock and I have a feeling that the cousins may want to have her perform it on the final leg (when it’s likely to be most crucial).

Eric/Danielle – now that Eric has nearly maxed out his Roadblocks, Danielle will have to continue to step up, which should prove to be very interesting. I’m biased and think that either Dustin or Kandice could beat her any day, but I was pleasantly surprised at her performance in Malaysia on the bikes – she may well be able to compete with Charla/Mirna and potentially the Chas.

Chas – They have the added flexibility of having done one less Roadblock than the other teams (due to taking the Fast Forward with Uchenna/Joyce in Poland). To a slightly lesser extent than the Beauty Queens, I think they both would give a relatively similar performance at most types of Roadblock– in compiling the stats though, I was surprised that Danny had done the most physical Roadblocks of all racers, given that I personally feel Oswald is in better shape.

* Looking ahead…
- Assuming that there is a Roadblock on the final episode (either in Hawaii or San Francisco), there are 4 roadblocks remaining.
- It’s likely that the Roadblock in Guam will take place at the military base (thanks to sightings?)
- I have a feeling that the Roadblock in Macau will be the Sky Jump (from what’ve I heard, a combination of bungee-jumping/sky-diving?!)

That’s all for now folks, let me know what you think!

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=7502.topic&index=2342

In response to your comments about Danielle and Eric.  I don't think the teams know exactly what the roadblocks are so I don't think he intentionally gives her the difficult tasks but as luck would have it... she has had to do the harder tasks.  He also seemed to enjoy watching her bust her ass last night..and I thought it was pretty funny!  She really had to work hard in that task,  she was pushing the bike most of the time because she had a flat tire.  She is a very strong girl!
Also, I think that if he came down to Danielle, Dustin and Kandace in a physical task race... I would bet my money on Danielle.  That girl is diesel.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2017 on: April 09, 2007, 10:51:57 AM »

Welcome TSC :yaya:
From a poster with one post count? not much. Probably a ghostie stirring the pot.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2018 on: April 09, 2007, 10:55:07 AM »
more interesting post by Romeo:
Romeo2020
(4/9/07 2:07 am)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 From what I overheard, at first Malaysia supposed to be NEL. So think about Uchenna and Joyce helped by NEL for the second time. But I guess, because they were so lagging behind they decided to eliminate them. So next episode would be NEL, I would expect that.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2019 on: April 09, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »
and more
Romeo2020
(4/9/07 5:56 am)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I guess sometimes they have to change it. Like another case of "12 hours mandatory rest period". They reached the pitstop in KL on Sunday. But they left to another destination (HK or Macau Im not sure) only on Tuesday. So its not 12 hours anymore. Im sure after editing they will tell that it is 12 hours.   

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2020 on: April 09, 2007, 12:25:23 PM »
TSC, Your analysis is excellent but you are making a critical assumption that I would not make. The Rowboat Boadblock in Warsaw was not visible to the viewing public. Sure, it happened to the racers but since it was not shown on CBS I suspect that it will not count as an official Roadblock. That will throw off all your counts and conclusions. In particular, since Mrina did it it would make the current count Mirna 4, Charla 3.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2021 on: April 09, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »
Puddin - it might be because it's 2 30AM, but is it just me or did you add a question mark beside E/D as the winners, or has that always been there...It didn't show up in the google cached image thingy..

Eric & Danielle (winners?)

I just did it so that I would drive you insane and be like OMG THE BQ"S WIN!  :lol3:
Remember I wasn't at End City, I didn't witness who won! But the boot list has been 100% acurate so far so we shall see.

Conf from EP10:

Oswald: Danny & I have gone through 13 years of ups and downs but I think ultimately you know its how your result of disagreements at the end that sets the strength of the relationship.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:35:56 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 09, 2007, 01:23:49 PM »
LOL, you like to drive me crazy don't you?  :lol3: :kissy:

I hope we get some more confessionals next week, since i think it will be TBC, so they will be able to help us determine (maybe) the positions of some teams based on the lighting.

Typesalot

« Reply #2023 on: April 09, 2007, 06:47:08 PM »
That will throw off all your counts and conclusions.

But at the time of running the race, C/M don't know a roadblock will be cut from what is eventually part of the show, so I'd think they'd have to adhere to the limits that are in place. Although in the strange world they seem to live in, they may have a different interpretation.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2024 on: April 09, 2007, 06:58:56 PM »
That will throw off all your counts and conclusions.

But at the time of running the race, C/M don't know a roadblock will be cut from what is eventually part of the show, so I'd think they'd have to adhere to the limits that are in place. Although in the strange world they seem to live in, they may have a different interpretation.
  :word: thinking outside the box!  :wine: Good job Typesalot !!