Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800497 times)

Offline tigress131

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1925 on: March 28, 2007, 11:39:47 AM »
HaHa about time she gives him hell tigress :lol:
I couldn't agree more!! LOL Maybe she will hit him up top the head also!!   :yess: She' s been getting alot of slack for being quiet...somehow she does not look like the quiet type to me!!! 

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 28, 2007, 12:17:36 PM »
Bah - that was badly written so I will rewrite it

The "first female team to get three firsts in a row" is more likley in my opinion then a "are you kidding, we're first?!" BUT, if you look at it it does not make sense. We see the chas running to the pitstop in daylight, and we see C/M doing tasks wearing the exact same clothes in daylight. How would C/M get hours ahead of D/O again? They checked in at nearly the same time, and things like that don't usually happen in TAR, so it is very unlikely! Don't forget, C/M only have a 2 hour lead in Malaysia, which could easily be gained from a quicker flight or something like that!

I can't wait until sunday night! Discussing things with you guys is so much fun  :wohoo:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:24:28 PM by Michael D »

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1927 on: March 28, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »
Hi guys, this is my first posting here as I've been lurking for awhile but reading up on all the speculation you guys do on each leg has gotten me to think so I decided to bit the bullet and post.  I'm usually over at Sucks but the amount of effort that you guys put in here on speculation using vidcaps and research is amazing! I've enjoyed reading it all.

I also wasn't sure if to put this here or post it in the Ep 7/Ep 8 thread discussion, mainly b/c I discuss some of the spoilers Izad has posted about the Malaysia leg in order to work backward to figure out how the Poland leg ended.   I didn't want to post this there if it leaked any spoilers. 

At any rate, here are my thoughts.......

My speculation on the Poland leg……

According to Izad's pictures, C/M were seen at the Batu Cave's roughly by 8:00am.  In looking at the flights from Warsaw to Kuala Lumpur, the flights that fit best for C/M to arrive at the Batu Caves at the noted time are as follows:

LOT Polish Airlines Flt 223
Warsaw to Vienna 7:40am - 9:05am

Austrian Airlines Flt 1
Vienna to Kuala Lumpur  10:50am - 4:45am

Add in time to de-board the airplane, make their way through the airport and possibly take  public transport or drive to the Batu Caves, that puts them at the Batu Caves  by roughly 8:00 am.

If this airline information is correct and we work our way backwards to the Poland Leg, in order for C/M to make a 7:40am flight after a 12 hour mandatory rest period, I would guess that they reached the Poland pit stop somewhere between 3pm – 6pm.  Definitely no later that 6pm b/c any later than that, 12 hours later would be 6am and factoring in travel to the  airport and booking flights, it would make it difficult to make a 7:40am flight.

Now, based upon the vidcaps of C/M at the pit stop with Phil, it is dark outside.  Based upon this website:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EPWA/2006/12/8/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Sunset in Warsaw, during the time they were traveling (December), the sun set's early.  It apparently set starting around 3:24pm.   Actual Time:
Rise: 7:31 AM CET,  Set: 3:24 PM CET

Therefore, C/M could arrive at the pit stop at 4:00pm and it would be dark outside just like in the picture.  That fits with them possibly starting the next leg in my timeline above (for example we will say 4am) and making the 7:40am flight to Vienna.

Also, in looking at the other pictures of the Chas and the BQ's running and the pics of Phil at the pit stop when the sun is out.  In all the pictures, the sunlight does appear to look like the sun is setting.  In the pics of the Cha's, sun is shown shining on the grass.  In the pic of Phil, there is no sun on the grass.  This all fits in with the sun setting at 3:24pm CET.  The cha's and BQ's could be arriving at the pit stop between 2:30pm – 3:24pm.

Also, if you look at the pics of the Cha's the tree with the "V" can be seen.  In the pic of Phil, if I am correct you can see the same "V" shape tree.  Also in the Phil pic there is a bench and people at that tree and it looks a little darker.  In the pic of the Cha's running, there are no people at the tree which leads me to believe the shot of Phill looking toward the white building, is of a later team arriving, perhaps the BQs.

Therefore, I'm am guessing, based upon the light in the pics of the Cha's,the Cha's may be arriving at the pit stop first and the BQ's second.  C/M would come in 3rd after the sun set.

Also, based upon the Malaysian leg, we do know that the 5th team, most likely U/J, were stuck in Poland.  Therefore, we can surmise one of the following happening:

Scenario 1

All teams are bunched up at the Warsaw airport and  C/M somehow find a better flight than the others even though they bunch up at the airport.  U/J just have bad luck and can't get on any flights.   The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is why would any teams ahead of C/M allow them to get on a better flight after what happened on the previous leg?  Did C/M use their powers of persuasion to get on the first flight?  Was it a risky move  with standby tickets in Vienna and the other teams weren't willing to take the risk? If the Chas and BQs were ahead of C/M you would think they would be aware of the early flight connecting through Vienna.  And with U/J getting stuck Poland like Izad overheard, does that mean they were next to last in the Poland Leg which caused them to not make the same flight as the everyone else?

Scenario 2

C/M are Team 1 at the end of the Poland leg.   Though I can't seem to support this happening unless they finished the Poland leg the night before the Cha's and the BQ's and they couldn't find a flight out of Warsaw until the same day the other teams would be leaving.    Though, now that I think of it,  that could explain how the  others are on a later flight and couldn't get on the C/M flight.     hmmmm.....Also this scenario could still support the vidcaps…..Let's say C/M finish during the late afternoon/evening a day earlier than everyone (we'll call this day 1 and say they finished at 5pm for explanation sake). Based upon sunset it would be dark.   Twelve hours later at 5am they start the next leg and need to find a flight to Malaysia but they are unable to book a flight out of Warsaw for another day therefore allowing the rest of the teams time to catch up.    Meanwhile, the other teams have arrived in Warsaw and specifically the Cha's and BQs, finish close to sunset on that day (around 3pm on what we will call day 2). Therefore, while C/M have already booked their Malaysia flight, the others start up the leg at 3am the next morning, get to the Warsaw airport but  are unable to book the flight that C/M already booked on but get booked on the next flight.  Again that still leaves  U/J being the unlucky couple not making a flight out with everyone else.

So far, I am still leaning toward Scenario 1 above though I'm hoping for Scenario 2.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1928 on: March 28, 2007, 08:15:54 PM »
This seems to be a very possible scenario for ep 8, but what about ep 7?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 28, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »
Great job anon1akacolby!

I think you have it right with scenario 1, but I think the BQs might be getting their first because the sky looks more blue in their shot as opposed to the Chas shot, where it looks more yellow-y.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1930 on: March 28, 2007, 08:25:16 PM »
Could also be just clouds rolling.  It rains a lot in Poland in December.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 28, 2007, 08:27:27 PM »
Could also be just clouds rolling.  It rains a lot in Poland in December.

yeah - i guess we'll see sunday night  :'(
it's so far away!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1932 on: March 28, 2007, 08:28:32 PM »
 :welcome2:  anon1akacolby! We are glad you are here! (umm--might have to call you by a shorter name for the sake of my poor typing fingers--so do you want to be anon or colby? :lol:)

And we are all about spoilers here--there are no spoiler free zones in this section, so you are safe everywhere!

Very thoughtful analysis--I know the others will be better able than I can to comment on the times, shadows, and flights.  But I do know that this is the leg (Poland to Malaysia) that we believe will reflect Phil's comments about one team leaving more than 5 hours before he is free to go--so we think that there is quite a spread between the teams this time.

Please join in wherever!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1933 on: March 28, 2007, 08:43:21 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!   :waves:   You can just call me colby.  That's what I go by at other boards.

Michael.....what leads me to believe that Danny and Oswald reach the pit stop before the BQ's is the lighting in the following pictures.

In the pictures of the BQ's there is no sunlight hitting the ground that is noticeable.  Therefore I would surmise that it is much closer to sunset when these were taken.

In this picture of Danny and Oswald, you can see the sun hitting the grass therfore the sun was a little bit higher. 

All this could be wrong and the angles the pictures are from or the quality not being as good could play a factor in how I am interrpreting them and I could be wrong.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1934 on: March 28, 2007, 08:47:35 PM »
Don't forget when looking at the vidcaps, we are talking about two days of things happening in Poland.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1935 on: March 28, 2007, 09:42:17 PM »
Commercial break from LOST..jumping in to say welcome colby  :hearts:
Michael is a hopeless BQ fan and picks them to come in first everyweek  :lol3:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 28, 2007, 09:43:23 PM »
hopeless?!

I think not! They pretty much dominated last season and have a chance of coming in first in the next episode and you know it! DON'T BE MEAN! :meow:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1937 on: March 28, 2007, 10:06:15 PM »
:neener:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 28, 2007, 10:09:08 PM »
 :'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1939 on: March 28, 2007, 10:55:40 PM »
Your really setting yourself up for a let down Michael  :kissy: ..they aren't going to win.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 28, 2007, 10:58:34 PM »
 :angel: we'll see!

Puddin - what would you do IF the boot list was wrong HMM?  :meow:

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1941 on: March 28, 2007, 11:02:44 PM »
:angel: we'll see!

Puddin - what would you do IF the boot list was wrong HMM?  :meow:

If the Guidos are shipped off to Japan that will be another nail in the coffin Mike. I'd be rooting for the Guidos instead of the Queenies Mike.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 28, 2007, 11:04:34 PM »
No it wouldn't, not for me anyways - we basically knew the F5 because of Izad, and we knew that T/I + Guidios lasted longer then Rob and Amber..

AND, fwiw, I wouldn't be totally upset with a 2nd place finish, that's still a good place!

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1943 on: March 28, 2007, 11:12:42 PM »
No it wouldn't, not for me anyways - we basically knew the F5 because of Izad, and we knew that T/I + Guidios lasted longer then Rob and Amber..

AND, fwiw, I wouldn't be totally upset with a 2nd place finish, that's still a good place!

Knowing the F5 and knowing that T/I and the Guidos oulasted ROMBER does not take away from the fact that puddin's bootlist is batting 1000 as to its accuracy up to this point does it?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1944 on: March 28, 2007, 11:12:59 PM »
Twist it anyway you want Michael but you can't deny that no one knew the first 3 boot order and Romeo even posted that he only knew Romber went out before Ian/Teri and the Guidos but did not know the order.
Being in the final 3 is good ..they out lasted the best of the best  :elvis: and fwiw I would have much rather have had the BQ's win last season than the boring models *yawn*

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 28, 2007, 11:15:01 PM »
Well, I guess we'll see!
I just still can't believe that we have a 100% accurate boot-list, it just seems so strange.

I wish there is some kind of big twist, but I don't like talking about this because I know it annoys you guys a lot that I like to pretend the list isn't accurate :lol:

But IF they win this will be me >  :jumpy: and this will be Puddin >  (:;)

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1946 on: March 28, 2007, 11:17:22 PM »
Well, I guess we'll see!
I just still can't believe that we have a 100% accurate boot-list, it just seems so strange.

I wish there is some kind of big twist, but I don't like talking about this because I know it annoys you guys a lot that I like to pretend the list isn't accurate :lol:

But IF they win this will be me >  :jumpy: and this will be Puddin >  (:;)

Hey !!! Annoy away. This ain't twop and puddin's not miss alki  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1947 on: March 28, 2007, 11:20:09 PM »

Hey !!! Annoy away. This ain't twop and puddin's not miss alki  :lol3:
  :happy: I'm just a meanie..not a fat ass bitch.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 28, 2007, 11:21:15 PM »
LOL, for some reason I feel bad not supporting E/D because you are Erics dad! It's nothing personal, I wanted them to win in TAR9!

But yeah, in that case - GO Dustin and Kandice! ! ! if the list is right at least they lose to one of the best racers ever and a hot girl, and NOT charla and mirna :umn:

LOL puddin you aren't mean, you are awesome :flirt:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1949 on: March 28, 2007, 11:28:05 PM »
LOL, for some reason I feel bad not supporting E/D because you are Erics dad! It's nothing personal, I wanted them to win in TAR9!

But yeah, in that case - GO Dustin and Kandice! ! ! if the list is right at least they lose to one of the best racers ever and a hot girl, and NOT charla and mirna :umn:

LOL puddin you aren't mean, you are awesome :flirt:

It's cool Mike. You're still a good guy and I hope you are studying to be a Barrister. You'll make a great adversary and advocate. And you are right, puddin is the BEST and not mean at all.