Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800665 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1500 on: February 08, 2007, 10:43:48 AM »
Welcome serendipity  :hithere: ..the page just won't load for me but I'll take your word for it :) ...thank you for the info!!

Here's the original #81 post (in Chinese text):

恕我問一個題外話  上星期四(2/11)我經過筲箕灣見到有隊外國人的拍攝隊伍,都幾多人下  我見佢地好似係一個遊戲節目遊戲,二個人一team,著大背狼,係度問緊人地路,情況有D似The Amazing Race  有冇人可以話俾我聽係咪The Amazing Race 拍緊  我好鐘意睇The Amazing Race,所以好想知道~~

And here's the Google Translation:

With a digression I asked last Thursday (T1), I saw a team of foreigners after the shooting team, Shau Kei Wan, I see how many people are under the drainage games are like a game show, two people in a team, a big back  wolf between degrees were asked to bear in the road D. The situation seems to serve so I can listen You冇i volume Amazing Race relations microphones The volume Amazing Race shoot up, I see a good Zhongyi The volume Amazing Race, so very much wish to know ~ ~

:-\  Loses something in the translation   :groan:   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1501 on: February 08, 2007, 10:53:01 AM »
Thanks Boingo for posting that ..I don't think I have Chinese installed on my pc language pack or whatever its called :lol:.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1502 on: February 08, 2007, 11:02:51 AM »
EEK! Somebody's holding out on us!! In reference to Charla/Mirna--from Sucks...

izad
(2/8/07 9:15 am)
ezSupporter

Re: :P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I didn't only see them at the stairs ;) 

Laughing At Puddin:
..I don't think I have Chinese installed on my pc language pack or whatever its called .

....and it would help if you did???  Sadly, me no hablo Cantonese! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1503 on: February 08, 2007, 11:13:03 AM »
Would love for izad to come back to fill in the blanks........izad do you have anymore pictures or info that you can share?  :kissy:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1504 on: February 08, 2007, 11:19:20 AM »
We still have a big gap between Maputo and Kuala Lumpur.  Some 10 days unaccounted for except for a possible stop in Poland. Any new ideas?

GMAN, my mind has been exactly where yours is. I have laid out a rough timeline between Maputo and Hong Kong to see how many undiscovered pitstops there are likely to be. Later, I will hypothesize on where they might be.

Nov. 28 depart from USHUAIA

Dec. 1 arrival in MAPUTO

2 pit stop in MAPUTO

3 depart MAPUTO; arrive ?

4 pit stop late in the day in ?

5 REST DAY in middle of race near ?

6  depart ? to fly to WARSAW

7 arrive in WARSAW; pit stop late in the day

8 depart WARSAW for long flight with about 8 time zone differential

9 arrive KUALA LUMPUR

10 KUALA LUMPUR pit stop

11 leave KUALA LUMPUR; arrive HONG KONG

12 HONG KONG pit stop

13 leave HONG KONG; arrive ?

14 pit stop at ?; depart for GUAM

15 arrive GUAM; Anderson Air Force Base pit stop

16 depart GUAM for TOKYO-NARITA and change to HONOLULU, crossing date line so it's still the 16th; change planes probably to somewhere on the West Coast or Hawaiian islands

17 FINALE

My conclusion is that there are two undiscovered pit stops, one between MAPUTO and WARSAW and another between HONG KONG and GUAM plus a REST DAY at about the halfway point on Dec. 5 at ?(unknown pit stop between MAPUTO and WARSAW).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:21:02 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1505 on: February 08, 2007, 11:32:17 AM »
Are our Hong Kong dates firm?  You would know best on that... ;)

Because if not, we could always have another Indonesian pitstop (Bali, anyone?) --or even Singapore again. There are certainly lots of flights Singapore to Hong Kong as well. That doesn't jive with the whole "primitive locations" thing we have going on though, but then, neither does Hong Kong.

I'd much rather see another Africa stop, or Greek Islands, or Turkey...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1506 on: February 08, 2007, 12:25:08 PM »
Are our Hong Kong dates firm?  You would know best on that... ;)

Because if not, we could always have another Indonesian pitstop (Bali, anyone?) --or even Singapore again. There are certainly lots of flights Singapore to Hong Kong as well. That doesn't jive with the whole "primitive locations" thing we have going on though, but then, neither does Hong Kong.

I'd much rather see another Africa stop, or Greek Islands, or Turkey...

The answer is YES. The HONG KONG sightings on 12/12 come from my original post on TWOP on 12/12 and there is no room for the Race to be elsewhere. They pretty much have to go directly from KUALA LUMPUR to HONG KONG. The KL info is from IZAD at Sucks:
"teams arrive in Malaysia from Poland.

5 teams passed through Malaysia..... 4 were seen and documented

Edited by: izad at: 12/10/06 11:39 pm," 4 minutes after his original post.

My own recollection is the source of the 12/16 departure date from GUAM. I know there is a Northwest customer service person's account of his boss's bookings of the F3 teams on Northwest to Nagoya and Honolulu posted on some FORUM and I recall it being for that date but haven't found it yet.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:20:51 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1507 on: February 08, 2007, 12:50:37 PM »
here is the Northwest airline/Glenn original post (Slowhatch posted it on 12/29 here p. 33)

*puddin* would this be good to add to page 1?

Well, that means it is straight from KL to HK and I'm glad! I'd much rather see other stops between Maputo and +/- Poland...
Plus the Cha's shopping in HK? Not to be missed...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1508 on: February 08, 2007, 01:10:10 PM »
MY PICK OF 10 DESTINATIONS FOR PIT STOP BETWEEN MAPUTO AND WARSAW

Kisangi, Zaire on the Congo River

Dar es Salaam

Nairobi

Zanzibar

Mecca

Cyprus

Crete

Ankara

Odessa

Prague

MY PICK OF 10 DESTINATIONS FOR PIT STOP BETWEEN HONG KONG AND GUAM

Cebu, Philippines

Taiwan

Okinawa

Hiroshima

Nagasaki

Hainan Island

Kuching, Sarawak

Brunei

Darwin

Cairns

These are my best guesses at where van Munster/Doganieri should have picked. If they did not have an extended rest stop, then they probably had to pick one from the first group and one from the second group. What do you think?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1509 on: February 08, 2007, 01:16:22 PM »
here is the Northwest airline/Glenn original post (Slowhatch posted it on 12/29 here p. 33)

*puddin* would this be good to add to page 1?

Well, that means it is straight from KL to HK and I'm glad! I'd much rather see other stops between Maputo and +/- Poland...
Plus the Cha's shopping in HK? Not to be missed...

Its already there under Guam
LiquidSapphire /AFB reports : the demanding blonde's and other contestants on DEC 16th on flight to Narita and then Honolulu.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1510 on: February 08, 2007, 01:31:19 PM »
I'm such a dummy! :groan:
AND I waded thru 33 pages looking for the doggone thing! :lol:

LOVE those lists! Any would be fine with me!
Only I would like to see maybe  Mt Kenya  instead of Nairobi....or maybe Lamu , one of my all time favorite places.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1511 on: February 08, 2007, 02:29:13 PM »
As Jackie Gleason used to say "And Away We Go". Here are some fascinating pictures of Kuala Lumpur: the Petronas Towers (including the pool where the clue had to be retrieved from in AR4 by the Final 5 just before the elimination of John Vito and Jill), the Batu Caves (where an AR11 clue box definitely happened and probably a task also according to IZAD), and a beautiful Visit Malaysia 2007 flag with a ferris wheel and Petronas Towers in the background.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:33:15 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1512 on: February 08, 2007, 03:23:48 PM »
Would love for izad to come back to fill in the blanks........izad do you have anymore pictures or info that you can share?  :kissy:

I just caught the latest (1119am) posting from IZAD on Sucks that clarifies what he meant earlier:

I meant Batu Caves is quite a big area, and I didn't see Charla wearing the wheelies when she was heading towards/away from the stairs (although the clue might've already hinted that they were going to have to climb the stairs - so she simply didn't bother)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1513 on: February 08, 2007, 05:14:58 PM »
Anyone for some window shopping?  :badhorse:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1514 on: February 08, 2007, 05:40:22 PM »
MY PICK OF 10 DESTINATIONS FOR PIT STOP BETWEEN MAPUTO AND WARSAW

Kisangi, Zaire on the Congo River

Dar es Salaam

Nairobi

Zanzibar

Mecca

Cyprus

Crete

Ankara

Odessa

Prague

MY PICK OF 10 DESTINATIONS FOR PIT STOP BETWEEN HONG KONG AND GUAM

Cebu, Philippines

Taiwan

Okinawa

Hiroshima

Nagasaki

Hainan Island

Kuching, Sarawak

Brunei

Darwin

Cairns

These are my best guesses at where van Munster/Doganieri should have picked. If they did not have an extended rest stop, then they probably had to pick one from the first group and one from the second group. What do you think?

My picks would be Prague and Darwin.  And perhaps Cyprus before Prague

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1515 on: February 08, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
:hides

This window is from some sort of hospital in Punta Arenas   

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1516 on: February 08, 2007, 06:56:27 PM »
puddin--your window pic match confirms that that style of dormer window is available in Chile.

More mining stuff:

Flumes and sluices
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Uncle Bill

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1517 on: February 09, 2007, 12:41:55 PM »
puddin--your window pic match confirms that that style of dormer window is available in Chile.

More mining stuff:

Flumes and sluices
Hi everyone great job  :jumpy: After looking at this picture she has leather chaps on which is what they wear when they are horse back riding It looks like she has the ones with the boots because they cross a lot of streams and rivers .Looking on the internet there are lots of  horseback riding trips offered in Chile were they also camp outside at night. She looks like she is carring a stool maybe to help get on to a horse ??? ???well just my two cents.
I WILL TRY

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1518 on: February 10, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »
(Responding to Chateau's timeline suggestion that we will see the last of Romber) (just posted in Episode 1 thread)...

Sure is nice to see some activity today--I thought y'all had all disappeared! :waves:

LOVE this timeline timetable--it really helps me clarify who is where when...

My question is...(and I think I am looking at it this way because in my mind Punta, Antarctica, and Ushuaia were always linked):

Could there be any way that maybe Punta Arenas and Ushuaia are "one"  leg? Maybe a TBC, or even a NEL?

In which case then Romber would go on to Maputo, and it would be David/Mary who are OUT at "the end of the world". I haven't counted forward to see if this would work because it is hard to do when we still aren't quite sure of exactly how many legs we are missing. :-\

What do y'all think?

Chateau's Timeline:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 10:32:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1519 on: February 11, 2007, 12:22:39 AM »
Rob/Amber and Dustin/Kandice join up for the Intersection dont they?
If they do, chances are they are the final 2 teams to join, and the final two teams to arrive at the pitt-stop.. with Romber getting the flick.. wow that would be an intense episode.. the two possibly strongest teams working togetehr then fighting it out..  :meow:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1520 on: February 11, 2007, 06:51:04 AM »
GEORGIAPEACH, I think it's possible but unlikely. The reason is that another pit stop would be needed and there isn't time in the overall schedule to fit one in.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1521 on: February 11, 2007, 11:45:11 AM »
Rob/Amber and Dustin/Kandice join up for the Intersection dont they?
If they do, chances are they are the final 2 teams to join, and the final two teams to arrive at the pitt-stop.. with Romber getting the flick.. wow that would be an intense episode.. the two possibly strongest teams working togetehr then fighting it out..  :meow:
No one can be 100% certain about that red_sox but, it sure could be an intersection? And if it is an intersection there is most likely a roadblock after it seperating Romber from the BQ's so anything can happen like Season 10. Although T/J & R/K went for the FF they did not arrive at the pitstop first. The BQ's & Cho's roared through the mattress detour while M/D and the Bama's struggled . Dustin made quick time with the stamps/ roadblock then the BQ's won that leg. I think the Cho's came in 4th that leg?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1522 on: February 11, 2007, 12:15:38 PM »
 as good as it gets farking CBS  :meow: ..at least we have some proof that David/Mary survive the first leg ( pic date 11-22 )

THE AMAZING RACE -- THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS -- Teammates David and Mary (left) and teammates Charla and Mirna (right) attempt to coordinate their travel plans during THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS ( pic date 11/22/06)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 12:35:30 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1523 on: February 11, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »

THE AMAZING RACE -- THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS - Married teammates Rob and Amber from Pensacola, Fla., pause to read a clue during THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS. Rob and Amber first raced around the globe during Season 7. ( pic date 11/22/06 )
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 12:27:08 PM by puddin »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1524 on: February 11, 2007, 12:59:18 PM »
as good as it gets farking CBS  :meow: ..at least we have some proof that David/Mary survive the first leg ( pic date 11-22 )

THE AMAZING RACE -- THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS -- Teammates David and Mary (left) and teammates Charla and Mirna (right) attempt to coordinate their travel plans during THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS ( pic date 11/22/06)

Actually this makes sense.  I can see these two teams working together.

Charla & Mirna in season 5 tried several times to work with others and showed they could be trusted, but only if they felt the other team would stay right beside them.

David & Mary really fit that discription for how they work with others.