Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800498 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1325 on: February 02, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
I'll buy that Chateau!!  :waves:

:yess:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1326 on: February 02, 2007, 10:27:14 PM »
GEORGIAPEACH, you stated "So to date this:
Thanksgiving was 11/23
Flew out 11/24
excursion on 11/25
Saw racers on 11/26"

I read the same blog information and it was clearly the morning of Nov. 28 when they saw the racers since they didn't arrive in Ushuaia until evening of 27th

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1327 on: February 02, 2007, 10:52:05 PM »
I'm not finding the reference to the 27th.

PS, it is soooo staged.

On this, I have to admit that the Mauritius video had that flavor too.  And some frank discussions with TAR5 racers revealed that retakes do happen.  But it does not matter to me as long as it does not get unfair.  It may be just like the delays they have to face in getting sign offs for face time from people along the way.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1328 on: February 02, 2007, 10:56:45 PM »
USHUAIA

I found a really good map of Ushuaia after examining over 25 different ones. Just expand it after clicking on CITY MAP following clikcing on this link:

USHUAIA MAP

I also found a list of attractiosn with great photos and descriptions:

USHUAIA ATTRACTIONS

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 02, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »
Yeah i don't think it's staged to the point where it's unfair...they probably only do retakes when they know it wont affect the outcome.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1330 on: February 02, 2007, 11:13:57 PM »
Timelines always confuse me (more than usual, that is  ??? :dknow  ;D). Chateau's language skills are better than mine, but I read the french blog Guido sighting as being on Tuesday afternoon 28 Nov. Now, when Patty makes her sighting entry--17:09 27 Nov--she writes that she's already in El Calafate, which means the sighting was 26 Nov or earlier, which leaves a 2-day hole. I don't know.. :reading:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1331 on: February 02, 2007, 11:41:02 PM »
I'm not finding the reference to the 27th

The quote from PUDDIN in Post #1302 and requoted later by GEORGIAPEACH:

From Slowhatch's link:

Ushuaia, Argentina   

Monday, Nov 27, 2006  17:09 
Alter a 7 hour flight with a terrible hangover from Thanksgiving, we arrived in Ushuaia, the southern most city in the World!!!! It really feels like it…the sun rises around 4:30 AM and does not set until 10:30 PM. We went on an excursion that took us through the Beagle Channel where we stopped at several islands to see the sea lions, birds, and some famous lighthouse. The following day Dave and I headed out to the Tierra del Fuego Nacional Park. We did a few small treks and at the southern most point of the park where Route 3 ends, we ran into contestants from the AMAZING RACE!!! (that might be the most exciting thing we saw in Ushuaia) Dave and I tried to run and get in on the action but we were ignored. PS, it is soooo staged. I don't have many pics because I need my battery to last longer
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:14:38 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1332 on: February 02, 2007, 11:46:15 PM »
apskip I really think that the blogger might have updated her blog entry on the 11/27, maybe a day or maybe even two after she heard that the Amazing Race was in town?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1333 on: February 03, 2007, 02:09:23 AM »
apskip I really think that the blogger might have updated her blog entry on the 11/27, maybe a day or maybe even two after she heard that the Amazing Race was in town?

Here's how I interpreted the dates based on the blog:
11/23=Thanksgiving (drinking)
11/24=7 hour flight to Ushuaia (+hangover)
11/25=excursion through the Beagle Channel (note: sample times for the excursion described):
Open Hours: during the season, daily outings at 9:30am and 3pm.
Duration: 3 hours.
Approximate Rate: general ticket $ 25.
11/26=("the following day")=encounter with TAR @ Tierra del Fuego National Park (per Chateau the zodiac boat picture was taken between 11:40 AM and 12:12 PM )   
{11/27=blog written/updated} I have PM'd the blogger for confirmation but I think they don't get the message until the next time they open their blog--which could be too late for us...
11/28=Guido sighting

Now as to the gap from 11/26 after the park  to the sighting of the Guido's on 11/28 at 7:15 PM Ushuaia time??

IMO, that is just enough time to get the teams to Punta Arenas for an 11/27 to 11/28 trip to "borderline South Pole" in Antarctica , (probably King Georges Island).
Antarctica based on Bertram's comment and a healthy dose of hope!

KING GEORGE ISLAND GENERAL PROGRAM

· Our Antarctic Expedition begins the day before the trip. Through a specialized debriefing session, our Antarctic guide will walk you through the flight itinerary including places to be visited during the trip.

· Early in the morning, after checking weather conditions, we will board the airplane for departure.

FULL DAY PROGRAM AND TWO DAYS ONE NIGHT PROGRAM

ACTIVITIES IN THE ISLAND

Visit Villa Las Estrellas, (first site to be inhabited by civilians) its facilities and meteorological center.
Visit the Sea Lion colony in the Drake Sea on a hike across the runway towards the beach.
Lunch and/or snack depending on the place and time of arrival.

Walk to the Chinese Station to observe Marine Birds, Penguins and Weddell Seals.

Cross over (walking through an isthmus) to Ardley Island, where Papua Penguin colonies live.
Return to Punta Arenas (Chile)

TWO DAYS ONE NIGHT PROGRAM

On the following day we visit different Antarctic Research Stations and will be able to speak to researchers.
If time permits, we can visit additional areas of attraction before returning to Punta Arenas (Chile).
During our visit to the Antarctic Peninsula we have made it our duty not to step on the flora or disrupt the fauna. Our homage to nature will be our legacy to future generations.

Note: Food and beverages are included in all of our programs, please alert us beforehand if you have any special dietary requirement.

HELICOPTER PROGRAM IN ATARCTICA

Once on King George Island you can catch our Bo –105 Helicopter that will fly you to nearby glaciers. Here you can enjoy a wonderful sight of millenary ices and enjoy a pleasant snowmobile ride over huge ice fields in Antarctica.

VALUE
2 Days, 1 Night(*) US$ 2,950.- Per pax
1 Day (**) US$ 2,300.- Per pax

(Minimum 9 passengers each flight)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 02:18:58 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1334 on: February 03, 2007, 05:38:24 AM »
GEORGIA PEACH, for the AMAZING RACE to backtrack from USHUAIA to PUNTA ARENAS makes no geographic sense, although it may have happened. Coming out of the Atacama Desert, the almost exclusive choice is via Santiago. From there you fly to Punta Arenas. To go to USHUAIA  from there would involve a difficult combination of:

1. flight to Buenos Aires
2. transfer between international and domestic airports in Buenos Aires
3. Flight Buenos Aires to Ushuaia

I don't think this makes sense, as 2 and 3 in reverse are the way racers will be getting out of USHUAIA and to MOZAMBIQUE.

From PUNTAS ARENAS, there are 2 choices in addition to local activities:

1. Fly to Antarctica and back.
2. Continue on to Ushuaia via plane (3 flights per week), bus (2 per week) or ferry and U-drive cars(the most reliable given the possibility of weather delays affecting other schedules.

The first question that comes to mind is whether there was sufficient time to get in the Antarctic flight and over to Ushuaiain time. I see a timeline like this:

Nov. 20  Arrive Quito
Nov. 22 Depart Quito
Nov. 23 Arrive Atacama
Nov. 24 Depart Atacama
Nov. 25 Arrive PUNTA ARENAS and leave for KING GEORGE ISLAND
Nov. 26 Depart KING GEORGE ISLAND and PUNTA ARENAS
Nov. 26 Potential Earliest Arrival in Ushuaia

The second question that comes to mind is what might they have done after Tierra del Fuego National National Park. The answer to that is visit Cape Horn, the true Fin del Mondo, southernmost point of South America.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 06:52:44 AM by apskip »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1335 on: February 03, 2007, 10:22:19 AM »
Georgiapeach, I like your timeline.  The teams won't actually step foot on the Antarctic Continent, but if they have a flyover, I guess the TPTB wiill consider that a visit to the seventh continent!

Antarctica is a fascinating place, you all will have to visit some day; it is much more civilized than when I was there.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1336 on: February 03, 2007, 08:24:39 PM »
SLOWHATCH, kudos for another great find on the SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA reference in a blog. The implications of that are several. First, it means that flying into Arica or Iquique would be unlikely. Flying into Antofagasta is not probale, nor are visits to the Tropic of Capricorn marker and the Mano del Desierto. My atlas does not show it, but I have discovered an airport in Calama with limited service that is the logical way to San Pedro de Atacama. The schedules are as follows:

Depart Quito 1805 through Santiago arriving Calama 0845
Depart Quito 2145 through Santiago arriving Calama 0910

Depart Calama 1055 through Santiago arriving Puntas Arenas 1700
Depart Calama 1800 through Santiago arriving Puntas Arenas 0315 next day

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1337 on: February 03, 2007, 09:11:08 PM »
Georgiapeach, I like your timeline.  The teams won't actually step foot on the Antarctic Continent, but if they have a flyover, I guess the TPTB wiill consider that a visit to the seventh continent!

Oh no G-Man--my plan requires a "sleepover"!

Apskip--You've put much more time into researching these flights than I have and have done a fabulous job! I'm not sure of course when they'll be there except for the days we know for sure--I was just trying to make it all fit together somehow. But I love your idea of Cape Horn--that would be wonderful!
But one thing--remember that TPTB have options that we don't see. I remember that last season I spent HOURS  :( trying to work out fllight  connections--and then they had a charter flight! So it is always possible that they could arrange a charter flight Ushuaia to Punta Arenas too. But it would make more sense for them to go to Punta Arenas first--I'm just having trouble making it all fit.

Gosh, I'm tired just getting them through 3-4 legs! No wonder the Guido looked pooped! Have we ever seen killer fatigue so early? ???

I did find one possible combo of flights Chile-Ushuaia that gives them more daylight hours for tasks, etc.  and gets them to the park by 11 AM or so...

Dep Antofagasta 4:10 PM--arr Buenos Aires 10:30 PM (assumes 11/25)
Dep Buenos Aires 0530 --arr Ushuaia 0910 (assumes 11/26) OR dep 0620 arr 1000

That assumes of course, that they have transport and could get from San Pedro to Antofagasta by car--although there is one 30 minute flight Calama-Antofagasta at 11:45 AM on the 25th.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1338 on: February 03, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »
Repeating from yesterday:

Nice San Pedro site with maps and local attractions.(Has 360 degree videos of each site)

Things to do nearby:
2. Valley of the Moon 

Located in the Cordillera de la Sal, it represents an extraordinary attraction becouse of its similitude to the moon landscape and its enormous natural coliseum. There is a big dune from which you can appreciate the zone.

Duration: 2-3 hours Distance: 17 km. 

3. Toconao and Salar de Atacama 

South from San Pedro, you get to the center of the impressive Salar de Atacama. Through the way it is possible to have a good sight of the volcanoes Licancabur and Lascar among others. Continuing with the travel you reach to Toconao and the Salar with the Chaxa lagoon which is inhabitated by flamingos.

Duration : 3-4 hours Distance: 38 km to Toconao
Value: $8.000-10.000 (per person in tour)

5. Termas de Puritama:

Volcanic hot springs (30ºC) with falls and pools, produced by the hot water of the Puritama river. They are located in a small canyon of amazing natural beauty and they represent an unforgettable experience. Today, the Hotel Explora is in charge of the administration , but the entrance is open for every person who wants to visit them .

Duration: 4-5 hours Distance: 28 km

7. Death Valley (Valle de la Muerte) 

It is a mountainous and sandy valley near to San Pedro . To get there you have to go through the Cordillera de la Sal where natural sculptures can be admired.

Duration: 2 hours Distance: 3 km

4. El Tatio Geysers 

It is a geothermal field located in the Los Andes Cordillera (4.200 mt over the sea level) which at sunrise presents impressive steaming fumaroles produced by the high temperatures of their watery craters. Don't forget warm clothing, bathing suit, towel, sunblock and mineral water.

Duration : 8 hours Distnance: 89 km

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1339 on: February 03, 2007, 09:50:52 PM »
directions:

Antofagasta-Calama: via land by public or private transportation. Take Route 5 North, then take Route 25, around Carmen Alto, until you arrive in Calama. From Calama head southeast on Route 23, approximately 57 km (35.6 mi) later you will find the turn off to Valle de la Luna
More Valley of the Moon photos--apparently dune climbing is big! (where are the camels when you need one? :lol:}

I like the geysers myself...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP1 Vidcaps
« Reply #1340 on: February 04, 2007, 12:19:20 AM »
Bouncing back to Ushuaia. This is the site that Ushuaia posted his sighting of the Guidos. And the site overall has some really nice pictures and info about the islands, Beagle etc...

eta: see if this helps
The Amazing Race at the end of the world!
 South America " Argentina " Ushuaia
Hello! (Accents absent on this keyboard...)

Something of rather particular occurred here there is Ca 2 days. To start, will know that I am always has Ushuaia, city more in the south of Argentina and the world. The temperarure is not particularly pleasant here. It is very gray, rainy and cold. Ca thus resembles much has November has the house.

Ushuaia does not abound in attractions really exciting. On the other hand, it east locates has proximity of the National park Tierra del Fuego. But like one made not badly national parks in the dernieres weeks, one abstained from for that.

Tuesday morning one is to go to visit Museo Fin del Mundo (Musee of the End of the World). Not Ca does not relate on the apocalypse but well to the geographic position of Ushuaia. In addition, the name Ground of Fire comes owing to the fact that when Spanish is arrive here, there A was small feus light everywhere on the dimensions. They is that the former inhabitants lived very naked and that they needed fire for rechauffer, then they lit some everywhere.

In afternoon, one embarked on the Baracuda boat to go on a small cruise
Ushuaia
Centre town of Ushuaia, the end of the world!on the Beagel Channel (the channel borrowed by Charles Darwin has the time). One chose the boat the least expensive and Ca appeared dimensioned Catamarans ultramodern. Cruising lasted approximately 3 hours. One went to walk goshawks of islands inhabited by sea lions and cormorants. One was much closer than á Peninsula Valdez, but not as much as in Galapagos.

While returning from cruising I was to go to engrave my photographs because my memory board is full. After having made all coffees Internet of the city, one finds of them finally one with a free engraver. At a certain given time, I see a guy with a large camera of TV and a taker of sound which rentrents, but I do not pay really more attention that Ca. On the other hand, I am turned over and I look towards the counter and the 2 guy who are there are curiously familiar. Finally I replace them: Bill and Joe (TEAM Guido) of The Amazing Race 1... which are followed by a camera and a pole of sound. It is The Amazing Race filming!!!

Sight of the city from our tub Baracudais an American television game or 11 equipes of two make the turn of the world and must resoudrent indices and to carry out tests. With the fn of each stage, the derniere team which arrives is eliminated. With the end, the team which crosses the wire of arrived the premiere gains 1 000 000$. Finally it is a kind of large rally goshawks of the world. Each team is followed by a team of turning. I am particularly fan of this emission (I of every season on DVD). It is besides by looking at the season 5 which I had the idea to go to Argentina.

was thus particuliérement excited to see unloading a team of Amazing Race in full turning has 2 meters of me, especially that I that was needed a dröle had always said myself chance to fall at the same time and sutout at the same place in the world in same time. I said hello has Bill which did not have the really content air that somebody recognizes them. I asked to the cameraman if it were The Amazing Race All Star, but it looked me without anything to say. It did not etait content because I took photographs. The fact is that by putting the photographs on Internet, I

Of still a little further...can gácher the secrecy on which teams form parts of the season, which were their row in the race, which places they visited, etc. It is what is called on an Internet a Spoiler. Ca can also influence the sites of gambling one line which make it possible to bet on which team will gain the race. Therefore, the technical team was not glad to see me leaving my camera! Wholesale TEAM Guido had returned to make calls á airline companies and seemed to want to go to South Africa While leaving Bill gave me small a bine friendly on the shoulder and I wished them good luck. That emotions! On the other hand I do not think that I will pass has the TV. I avas not air to be in the fields of the camera, and the scéne was not paticuliérement exciting either.

Aprés to have soupé one walked a little in the city to see whether one could not see others equipes and certain places of turning, but without succés.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 12:27:15 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1341 on: February 04, 2007, 12:55:54 AM »
Great site  puddin--but y'all beware! You can spend hours in there!   :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1342 on: February 04, 2007, 01:17:19 AM »
There are Mozambique blogs & pictures there too but I'm too tired to look through them all  peach  :lol:

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1343 on: February 04, 2007, 09:03:56 AM »
This really just stuck out to me and could be a spoiler.

On Rob and Amber's show on FOX Realtiy Amber says how ever since Amazing Race, Rob and her have had the worst luck flying.

Mind you Rob is the producer on the show and chances are they didnt have time to do all the editing and stuff until Rob came back from the race, and i could see ob putting that in, hinting to their elimination on the race.

I think Rob and Amber will get eliminated through a flying mishap.  My guess its from South America to Mozumbique, [I think flying to South Africa is only to get to Mozumbique, i dont think they do anything there] and their is always that small chance they could be the 5th team in Malaysia almost 8hours beind because of a bad flight.

We already know their flight from Miami to Ecuador was delayed almost an hour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1344 on: February 04, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
There are Mozambique blogs & pictures there too but I'm too tired to look through them all  peach  :lol:

I've looked at most--and now I want to gp eat giant prawns and swim with the whales! reminds me of my African adventures...

Here is a nice "intro" to Mozambique history--long but good...

And a little map---and the flag!

Anyway…for those that don’t know Mozambique is situated on the South Eastern coast of Africa, with the beautiful Indian Ocean on the East, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, and Zambia are to the North. Mozambique used to be a Portuguese colony, and evidence of this is rife throughout the architecture of the country. The Portuguese arrived here in the 15th Century with the landing of Vasco da Gama on the Ilhe de Mozambique. They built trading posts throughout the country which eventually lead to the introduction of the slave trade. The Portuguese literally raped the country of everything it had, sucking the country dry of every conceivable commodity, including it’s people, and eventually wanted to leave, but the European powers at the Berlin conference in 1884/1885, made the Portuguese maintain permanent occupation of their territories. They ran into huge financial problems and as a result started to lease out large areas of land to private companies, which were notoriously bad for slavery and forced labour.
Colonial occupation was never a peaceful process for the Portuguese here. Tribal chiefs were constantly uprising and fighting against them (much like in all of the Portuguese colonies). Eventually on 25th September 1964, armed fighting broke out led by FRELIMO (The Mozambique Liberation Front), a joint force of 3 movements all of which had organized themselves in exile. It worked, on the 25th June 1975 the first President of the Republic of Mozambique was elected.
However, it has never been easy in Mozambique, and once again in 1977 civil war broke out, his time between FRELIMO and RENAMO (National Resistance Party of Mozambique). The war devastated the country. Armies wiped out most of the African wildlife to feed themselves, the fight was bitter and savage, a US state dept offical said in 1988 that RENAMO were perpetuating “one of the most brutal holocausts against ordinary human beings since WW2 . People who I work with here all have stories, one of the gardeners walks with a severe limp because he got bayoneted in the knee whilst he was being interrogated. The war went on for 15 years, and it was only the intervention of the Catholic Church in 1992 that forced a peace agreement. The country is now safe although still recovering. The war left an entire generation of people traumatized and terrorized and all but destroyed it’s social fabric and economy. Of an estimated population of over 16million people, 4.5m had been displaced from their homes, and another 1.5m had fled to neighboring countries. Over 1m people had been killed, at least 1/4m children had been orphaned. On top of the war the people had to deal with severe drought in 1976 and 1990 (one of the worst in Arican history in the 90’s) and floods in ’77. In 1991 the World Bank estimated that no less than 60% of Mozambicans lived in absolute poverty. As usual the Western governments turned a blind eye to what had been happening here, there is no oil in Mozambique!!! It is not surprising that a country with such a savage and vicious history should have a Kalashnikov proudly flying on it’s national flag!
Despite everything the people and the country is amazing. At first they all looked incredibly stern, no one smiling (who would do after what they had all been subjected to) and always staring, but as I have stayed here ad got to know some of them, they are extremely friendly and very cheerful. Even when they are drunk on the local coconut beer (a nasty concoction made with their own saliva and fermented in their mouths, extremely potent stuff!) violence is rare (they have all seen enough violence to last several lifetimes already!), they seem to be happy drunks, although if something does happen they will pick up the nearest thing to them and use as a weapon, whatever it may be, but this is vey rare. They really don’t like having their pictures taken here, and look at it as taking something from them, although I seem to have managed to get around that little problem now!
Maputo is the Capital city. A humid, dirty place, lots of derelict buildings, and huge blocks of what I assume are flats, but strangely attractive. It is here that the central government run the country. Of all the foreign aid that comes into the country 70% remains in the South and the city, as a result the further north you go the poorer it becomes. The humidity was almost unbearable in the city, so I only stayed one day and one night, which was spent wondering around the city. The architecture is also stunning, with a massive Portuguese influence. The central market is relatively small but bustling with activity. Large women with feather dusters constantly brushing the flies off all their fish, huge piles of brightly coloured fruit and veg, small piles of spices carefully laid out in front of the vendor…hours can easily pass here, that is once you become used to the smells. Acacia trees litter the roads in Maputo, and the bright red flowers adding blasts of colour in the middle of the concrete jungle. In the evening I went to the local fish market, this place was amazing. I have never seen so many fish in one place, huge tiger prawns, giant barracuda and massive squid amonst all the other fish. It was also extremely cheap. You buy your fish, then take it to one of the small restaurant shacks at the back, that then cook up everything you have brought, and bring out a huge feast, cooked in garlic and chilli…it was truly amazing and incredibly delicious, a must for anyone going to Maputo! The bus journey from Maputo up to Tofo was certainly an adventure, a short 500km can take anything from 10 hours, depending on how many times you brake down. We broke down twice on my rip. One time we pulled over in the middle of nowhere and out of the bush came these guys with huge gas tanks. Next thiing i know they are under the bus and welding bits and pieces together. When i asked if everything was ok they just smiled and said of course.
Another couple of hours down the very bumpy road i got covered in hot water as the bus overheated and burst it's radiator cap, which happened to be directly behind the driver and infront of me. I didn't think we would ever getmoving again but amazing enough after 30 mins and gallons of water being poured into the engine we managed to get moving again. The local taxis (chappas) are not much good either. My first one from Inhambane to Tofo didn't have any brakes, so i calmly told him that if he wanted to slow down he should head into the soft sand at the side of the road, he just smiled at me and said no problem. I certainly hoped there wasn't as there were an amazing 28 people including myslef all crammed into this tiny minibus, no bigger than a VW combi...excellent!
The women carry everything on their heads, and I mean everything, and work as hard as all them men. They walk everywhere, often having to travel fairly long distanced to get water out of wells which have been dug into the ground (a poço). They live in small huts made out of the millions of
coconut trees. (They interweave all the long leaves together and then attach loads together, they are extremely durable and last a long time, they are also extremely easy to repair!)
The Mozambicans that live around the countryside here in Tofo are all simple people. They live off the land and sea, and it is all very much hand to mouth. Nothing is wasted that can be used! Coconut trees litter the landscape. Parrott you would have a mare here, you can’t move without being under a coconut tree, I have never seen so may before. What is also funny, is that they have all got small steps carved out in the trees, something I have never seen before either, just so they can get to their coconuts easily! Each tree is owned, and if you are caught stealing coconuts you will be in big trouble. It is nice to be here through all the seasons, the fruit has already changed from mangos in the summer to oranges in the winter.
The diving here is world class. There is everything you want to see. Giant 7m mantas circling you, they are truely gracefull creatures, gliding through the water with the utmost  ease, coming within inches of us as their curiousity gains the better of them. Whalesharks are also a common sight, another awesome creature, the largest fish in the sea, and believe me they get gigantic. It is currently low season for them at the moment, so it means we only get to see one or two each trip (this is one of the only places in the world where you can get to see them year round, so i am extremely lucky). Dolphins are often seen playing in the surf from the dive centre, and i have been lucky enough to swim with them many times, having them come up to you and jump over you in the open water is truely an amazing experience. Humpback whales are also starting to migrate past now, and will be here till Sept, i can;t wait to see one of them. We won't let any clients get in the water with them as they can be quite aggressive. The mothers bring their calves here to teach them how to breathe, so we often see them breaching the water in magestic style. You don't seem to get too many sharks around here, on
some of the deper more challenging sights i ahve seen Leopard sharks, Nurse sharks and White Tips. I have also been buzzed by a Zambezi whist spearfishing off one the points here, that was quite a nerve wracking moment. Other than that, the sheer volumes of fish is incredible, you can often get lost in the shoals. Fishing is all done on lines here by the locals, going out in their very dodgy looking boats, so there is no overfishing yet, which i guess is why there are so many. I actually don't think i can describe how good it is out here, so you'll just have to take my word for it, or come out and see for yourself.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1345 on: February 04, 2007, 12:00:21 PM »
This really just stuck out to me and could be a spoiler.

On Rob and Amber's show on FOX Realtiy Amber says how ever since Amazing Race, Rob and her have had the worst luck flying.

Mind you Rob is the producer on the show and chances are they didnt have time to do all the editing and stuff until Rob came back from the race, and i could see ob putting that in, hinting to their elimination on the race.

I think Rob and Amber will get eliminated through a flying mishap.  My guess its from South America to Mozumbique, [I think flying to South Africa is only to get to Mozumbique, i dont think they do anything there] and their is always that small chance they could be the 5th team in Malaysia almost 8hours beind because of a bad flight.

We already know their flight from Miami to Ecuador was delayed almost an hour.

Too much of a coincidence for the delayed couple not to be Uchenna & Joyce . First of all we did not even know 100% at the time of the Malaysia spoiler that U/J were even part of the cast. And yes Rob said that his FOX show was done filming 3 days before his video pre--show-interview for All Stars. I guess he could have done some editing when he got back.

izad:from what I 'heard' - an African American couple who got delayed on their flight. with the fifth team, it's not an eye-witness account like the other four, so I can't confirm if what I heard was true.. so y'all can still speculate.

LiquidSapphire ( Guam  ):
 Edgar and I got separated somehow, but I bumped
into Joyce and Uchenna (the couple from Houston who won about two
seasons ago ) in the departure lobby. Joyce talked about having to
shave all of her hair in that one episode..

Babalu's, sisters sighting:
*These 3 teams may not have gone to Sequesterville (or may have gone to a short-term, different Sequesterville).
*They're probably teams #6 (Guidos), #5 (Uchenna/Joyce), and #4 (Chas) / Danny & Oswald

Romeo: Interesting thing is The Guidos and Teri/Ian lasted longer than Romber

( all info/links on page one )

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1346 on: February 04, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »
Well that specific quote could easily be in reference to season 7 of the race.  With what they feel (get over it, already) was an airport/airplane manipulation that cost them the race.  Or even going back slighly earlier in that season (leg10 I believe) where they are absolutely confidet that hey have the best available flight and in fact are about 2 hours behind Uchenna & Joyce and Gretchen & Meredith.

Of course it is possible that editing done after filming could put material in their show that reference the All Star Race.  I would be highly doubtful of it.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1347 on: February 04, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »
I saw a promo on CBS.  Hit record.  Got this much:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1348 on: February 04, 2007, 03:05:58 PM »
and

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1349 on: February 04, 2007, 03:06:19 PM »
and