Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800687 times)

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1075 on: January 18, 2007, 09:24:08 PM »
Honestly i'm ashamed that I doubted you all would find the Starting Line! **  :gj: :werock: **
It's not the easiest place to find pictures of so good link peach!!.

Papi  :waves:

Pelican Harbor Park

:waves: puddin I was hoping for even more pics so I can keep asking myself what in hay I'm doing in this snow belt. We used to go the middle keys, Big Pine Key mostly, when we lived down there. If you "talk" to Eric ask him how long it takes to get from Ft. Lauderdale to the Seven Mile Bridge...."are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet??" the whole trip :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1076 on: January 18, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
There's a 45-ft. cat owned by Miami-Dade named the Pelican Island Skipper (can't link to it directly; go here and enter the name). No luck yet on the derelict (not a spoiler or anything, just curious  ;D).

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1077 on: January 18, 2007, 09:37:48 PM »
There's a 45-ft. cat owned by Miami-Dade named the Pelican Island Skipper (can't link to it directly; go here and enter the name). No luck yet on the derelict (not a spoiler or anything, just curious  ;D).

http://www.flickr.com/images/spaceball.gif

maybe this one will load

http://www.flickr.com/photos/burningchampa/225356166/

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1078 on: January 18, 2007, 09:42:57 PM »
Oh I don't think Eric will be talking to anyone besides his friends and family, lol Big Papi  :kissy:

Found some Troop pictures or are these the ones you already posted peach?   YUP nevermind  :lol:

hehehe You're on his favorites list I saw  :dancer:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1079 on: January 18, 2007, 09:46:58 PM »
Oh I don't think Eric will be talking to anyone besides his friends and family, lol Big Papi  :kissy:

Found some Troop pictures or are these the ones you already posted peach?   YUP nevermind  :lol:

hehehe You're on his favorites list I saw  :dancer:
  :-[

Heres your picture Big Papi  :jumpy:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1080 on: January 18, 2007, 10:16:15 PM »
Thanks puddin  :tup: I thought the hull numbers might help Slowhatch...

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1081 on: January 18, 2007, 10:24:29 PM »
great job big papi!!!! :jam: :jam:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1082 on: January 18, 2007, 10:34:30 PM »
puddin--could you please make the 2nd little thumbnail bigger for us? The one with the girl in red? I want to compare the dock to the one D/M is sitting on---Thank you!

:D

Looking at Kentucky sitting here with their backpacks is there any way they could have missed the taxi  ???

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1083 on: January 18, 2007, 10:36:06 PM »
great job big papi!!!! :jam: :jam:

Thanks Kogs..I'm just a Jr. Detective though  :lol:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1084 on: January 18, 2007, 10:39:04 PM »
:tup: Thanks, Papi. As best I can figure, it's an older Delaware houseboat (I thought it was a hull number too; it turns out to be a "certificate of number" that you get when you register the boat). No searchable database, but it's enough for me  :js:.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1085 on: January 18, 2007, 11:53:54 PM »
Amazing stuff Slowhatch !!
and Big Papi I'll make you a detective but I thought you'd rather be a dork like me  ;) ?

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1086 on: January 19, 2007, 12:01:32 AM »
Amazing stuff Slowhatch !!
and Big Papi I'll make you a detective but I thought you'd rather be a dork like me  ;) ?

A dork will suit me just fine, have at it  ;)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1087 on: January 19, 2007, 12:55:34 AM »
I’m here Puddin.   :waves:    Sorry for not dropping in.  Teams already!  Cool.  Thanks Peach for the heads up.  I was, and really still am, swamped at work. 

And I took a little trip over the holidays.  Can you guess where I went?  Some pix I took:

(come on try!)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1088 on: January 19, 2007, 01:06:19 AM »
I’m here Puddin.   :waves:    Sorry for not dropping in.  Teams already!  Cool.  Thanks Peach for the heads up.  I was, and really still am, swamped at work. 

And I took a little trip over the holidays.  Can you guess where I went?  Some pix I took:

(come on try!)

Did you hear me yelling " Chateau where are YOU!?!? "  :jumpy: I'll guess Italy? (hmm on second thought I'm not so sure ) and am green with envy!!

Welcome back Chateau d if  :kissy:   :dancer: !

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1089 on: January 19, 2007, 02:06:14 AM »
Thanks Puddin.   :jumpy:

And great work Peach in matching the pic with the old boat (I had to do some catching up here).  Y'all had some fun while I was working on stuff that never gets finished.  24/7 is a myth.  But 18/6 does happen.

Not Italy.   :rotf:

You're gonna get punked!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1090 on: January 19, 2007, 04:32:08 AM »
OOH Paris! Bonjour!   :flirt:

Welcome back! Was it fun?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1091 on: January 19, 2007, 08:11:46 AM »
GEORGIA PEACH, the answer to your question from last evening if that I watch The Travel Channel on Thursday nights. It looks lke I missed out on an incredible amount of activity and progress. The island you have found just to the south of my private island is no doubt named becuase it is shaped like a pelican. I had focused on the part south of the Causeway looking for trails because it was obvious that there weren't any on the north side. The idea of a two-island combination never occurred to me, but van Munster can be tricky.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1092 on: January 19, 2007, 08:21:55 AM »
GEORGIA PEACH, to catch up on one request from yesterday, Harbor Island is the one just east of Pelican Harbor. It is shaped like a U. Pelican Island (which I have been calling a private island) is just west of the northern tip of Harbor Island.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1093 on: January 19, 2007, 01:33:50 PM »
I have turned my attention to legs beyond the first one, specifically to legs 2, 3, and 4. Leg 2 should be a trip to the Atacama Desert of northern Chile. There are 3 possible airports there: Arica, Iquique, Antofagasta. The highest probability (by a small amount) of these three goes to Antofagasta, which is a mere 600 miles by road from Santiago. That opens up the possibility of a long bus or self-drive trip to begin leg 3; it also might be a flight to Santiago. The rest of leg three will be a flight from Santiago to Punta Arenas, Chile. The most logical next step is a flight to King George Island(Isla Rey Jorge), which is 100 miles off the Antarctic Peninsula, and overnight there followed by a return to Punta Arenas. Given the times and distances involved this could mean a double leg. For leg 4, from Punta Arenas there is a 3 times per week one hour LAN flight or a twice per week 11 3/4 hour bus involving crossing the Straight of Magellan to get to Tierra del Fuego and Ushuaia, Argentina. The one thing that is certain (beacuse van Munster said so) is a trip to the bottom of South America. That is Cape Horn, Chile, a national park on an island  and it is about 125 miles south of Ushuaia. The teams would have to do that by boat or helicopter. After returning to Ushuaia, then you can fly out to get to southern Africa. My guess is that the flights connect through Buenos Aires.

Offline GnarlyMarly

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1094 on: January 19, 2007, 06:56:17 PM »
Did he change his Name on myspace to go **** yourself Sandiego when he got home from racing?

LOL you guys are hilarious...thats from the movie "Anchorman" with Will Ferrell...that line made the movie so I'm sure a lot of people have that as their quotes on their myspace.

Also about "Erika"...I was talking about Erika from TAR5, she and Erika Landin are both casting directors together and her and Dennis are currently together.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1095 on: January 19, 2007, 08:48:24 PM »
apskip--sorry you missed the fun yesterday! You did a great job narrowing down the area or I never would have stumbled across those boat pics!

That's the fun of this--one person finds something which leads to somewhere else which leads to...and before you know it --we have something solved.

And now I think I was really lucky to have found that at all--my map shows that U-shaped island as North Bay Island so it is a miracle I was in the neighborhood at all! :lol:

Good luck searching for flights--do you know about amadeus.net --it is a big help because you can put in old dates and get some leads...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 08:53:18 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1096 on: January 19, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »
Great job Peach!   :woohoo:

Paris it is.  And...here are some more clues.  Does it look familiar now?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1097 on: January 19, 2007, 11:06:37 PM »
Great job Peach!   :woohoo:

Nice pictures Chateau  :kissy:, and yeah i'm jealous...!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1098 on: January 19, 2007, 11:44:14 PM »

You are a detective for sure! So...did you make a jacket too?? :blume:

Were there still lights up for Christmas when you were there?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1099 on: January 20, 2007, 12:53:03 AM »
I think this is the blog of the Peace Corps workers mentioned earlier. It's only a couple of lines near the bottom of the page:
p.s. They just filmed the amazing race in Maputo!! I don´t know any details but I have been to the fort where the pit stop was. Cool.
Nothing new except the mention of a pit stop. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it's hard to tell the date of the post.