Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800628 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1025 on: January 17, 2007, 04:51:01 PM »
ASAMBER1, you are wrong about Teri's age. She is 53 and younger than Ian (54), Joe(56) and maybe Bill (53). I could have Joe and Bill's ages reversed, but my point remains valid.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1026 on: January 17, 2007, 05:18:28 PM »
ASAMBER1, you are wrong about Teri's age. She is 53 and younger than Ian (54), Joe(56) and maybe Bill (53). I could have Joe and Bill's ages reversed, but my point remains valid.

I know i meant youngest woman, sorry.  Still ironic when the spotter said the woman was in her 20's and when shown a pic of Tian [AR4] he said she was to old.

And Mike D19, everyone who reads spoilers knows Romber, JVJ, Teri and Ian, The Frats, and David and Mary are the first 5 teams out, so if JVJ go first the "List" would look to be correct.  Also everyone knows Gudio goes out 6th, UJ 5th, OD 4th, and then that leaves the final three. If their is any doubt to the list my guss would only be that JVJ,  slipped passed cameras, because we know Romber is beat by Teri and Ian, and the Guidos and its unlikly the Frats or Daivd and Mary go far. I mean its possible but i think its only a hope, romber certainlly passed by cameras in AR7, and Dave and Mary did in AR10 in Mauritius.

Also going with my "JVJ second flight theory"  Danielle in her cast pic for AR9 looks to have brown hair [or i least i think its clearly brown] so the spotter would not way be able to recognize her.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 17, 2007, 06:08:40 PM »
Well, it can all just be lucky guessing based on the spoilers we did know. If the list came out a couple of months ago that would've been a different story.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1028 on: January 17, 2007, 06:35:37 PM »
Well you also have to remember just becasue a flight leaves first and is scheduled to land first, it doesn't mean that actually happens.

For example season 9's first flight to leave and scheduled to land first actually arrived 2cd.

So it is possible that John and Jill are on the first flight, but that it actually lands lasts, for whatever reason.  Which would really make an interesting start for the leg.

Or it could be that they are on the 2cd flight all along.

It could be that they just make a couple significant errors.

Or it could be that they aren't eliminated first and actually do well.

Lots of possabilities.

I think we are just really focused on the possible boot list and what situations could make that happen. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1029 on: January 17, 2007, 07:07:58 PM »
Well, even if JVJ go first, I still wont believe that boot list because them going out early is pretty much known to everyone who reads spoilers..(:;)

I wonder which teams will end up being on the first flight...
Well if I were guessing I would have guessed Mary & David out first and I'm pretty sure a lot of you were thinking the same thing :D! plus Romeo never said Romber went out fourth place all he wrote was that Ian/Teri & the Guidos outlasted Romber.
Anyway I'm going to open up a LEG1 speculation topic and move some posts there so we have a place to start instead of reading through pages of this thread  :waves:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1030 on: January 17, 2007, 08:38:33 PM »
After reviewing Puddin's rundown on page one, I find we have a big hole at the end>

According to CBS release and story in USA Today, the race ended somewhere on December 19.  Now we have the bunch from sequesterville on the flight from Guam to Honolulu on December 15 and we have the three final teams on a flight from Guam to Narita on to Honolulu on December 16.

So we have THREE DAYS UNACCOUNTED FOR.  Do the teams stop in Hawaii as before to complete tasks (part one of a two-part final ep) and then go on to final pit stop and the big bucks on the 18th/19th.  Most flights from Honolulu to mainland are overnight flghts.

But then again, we pretty much know that the race started in Miami on November 20, so if it runs for only 28 days then the end date would be December 17 and not the 19th as CBS reports.  Bun then again, again CBS is not known for the accuracy of its new releases!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 08:42:14 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1031 on: January 17, 2007, 09:36:30 PM »
Has TAR ever been to Durban before? I can't remember. I was going through Mandy again and I found this reference (middle of page) for SB productions, which specializes in Durban/KwaZulu-Natal. Their regular website is under construction, but I found this archived page. (Then again, they might just be the contact company for Maputo.)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1032 on: January 17, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
I'm not sure about Durban--but in Season 7 Ep5 they went via Jo-berg to Soweto then on to Botswana...is that close enough?

Pretty amazing detecting there!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1033 on: January 17, 2007, 10:14:39 PM »
Slowhatch I often check Mandy and can't recall seeing Durban before!! and Gman I'll have to look but I think the racers started checking their myspaces on the 18th? brb

If I recall Teri & Ian also checked in on the 18th as well as Eric..
fwiw  :cmas26

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:18:43 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 17, 2007, 10:48:59 PM »
Did he change his Name on myspace to go **** yourself Sandiego when he got home from racing?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1035 on: January 17, 2007, 10:51:21 PM »
What do you all think about Adams Key as a possibility?  Elliott Key?

I regret to tell you that Google Earth (my new toy) shows nothing of the necessary trails on either Adams Key or Elliott Key. Although Adams Key has a boat dock, it has no causeway camera angle(it's way too far to the Rickenbacker). Elliott Key does not appear to have either a boat dock or a causeway camera angle. It's highlly unlikely that either Adams Key or Elliott Key is the starting line. Besides, Puddin's inside information indicates that the site is somewhere in the Bay Harbor Islands, which could only stretch as far south as Virginia Key.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1036 on: January 17, 2007, 10:56:55 PM »
Did he change his Name on myspace to go **** yourself Sandiego when he got home from racing?
I'll check ..brb  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1037 on: January 17, 2007, 10:58:03 PM »
Thanks apskip for checking out all those places--I admire your persistence! Hopefully you'll find it soon...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1038 on: January 17, 2007, 11:01:29 PM »
Nope its said that for awhile whatever it means :naughty: ? maybe his dad knows ;) ?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 17, 2007, 11:03:23 PM »
Oh damn, i would've had a good theory if it changed when he got home from the race =(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1040 on: January 17, 2007, 11:11:02 PM »
Great minds! :lol: I was just about to go look for filming permits in San Diego for the 17th!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 17, 2007, 11:11:53 PM »
hahaha, go look and post if you see anything interesting!  :lol:

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1042 on: January 17, 2007, 11:30:38 PM »
Nope its said that for awhile whatever it means :naughty: ? maybe his dad knows ;) ?

:rotf: I do know. It had nothing to do with the race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1043 on: January 18, 2007, 02:18:10 AM »
 :waves: Muchas gracias Papi Grande  :kuss:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1044 on: January 18, 2007, 10:10:40 AM »
puddin:  LOVE the new "pudd"-y cat avatar!

Not really a spoiler--but interesting for all that:
Peggy and Claire "The Gutsy Grannies" were apparently on a short list of 18, but did not make the final cut.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1045 on: January 18, 2007, 10:44:54 AM »
puddin:  LOVE the new "pudd"-y cat avatar!

Not really a spoiler--but interesting for all that:
Peggy and Claire "The Gutsy Grannies" were apparently on a short list of 18, but did not make the final cut.

very interesting, thanks peach

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1046 on: January 18, 2007, 11:32:45 AM »
What a shame! Thanks peach  :kissy:

From an interview with Bert, posted in the media thread thanks to peach..

Q: Did you repeat countries or challenges? The all-star Survivor went back to some favorite challenges.

Bert: No. With all great respect to Survivor, I don't take their lead on this one. Our show is global. We go everywhere, so I have a tremendous advantage over coming up with really original ideas in the chaos of the world we know now. So as [people's physical ability] goes down, the mental goes down too, and then you end up with an equal playing field. We went to the southern tip of Chile; we went to Mozambique, where not only do people not speak English, they don't want to speak English.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 01:08:22 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1047 on: January 18, 2007, 11:47:45 AM »
We went to the southern tip of Chile; we went to Mozambique, where not only do people not speak English, they don't want to speak English.
Kind of disappointing that he didn't confirm Antarctica!

Official language of Mozambique is Portuguese--so do we know if anyone speaks Portuguese?

And puddin--just saw that Survivor got renewed for 2 more seasons--any good news for us??
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 11:52:26 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1048 on: January 18, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
Not yet peach..but I'm not worried because I think All Stars well bring in the ratings TPTB are looking for.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1049 on: January 18, 2007, 12:39:28 PM »
Not yet peach..but I'm not worried because I think All Stars well bring in the ratings TPTB are looking for.

i wouldnt be worried either, they always take longer with tar