Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 804062 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1000 on: January 16, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
Heres some pictures if someone wants to find the starting line, its all the same to me and might as well be Timbuktu :lol: but I do like Boingo's Virgina Key. I've been to the Keys but thats a new one to me.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 06:57:55 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1001 on: January 16, 2007, 07:12:38 PM »
 :waves: puddin, don't forget the two pix of Phil on the starting line in the "media" thread, which may be useful over here.   ;D  I recall him standing in a fairly large cleared area, near trees.

BTW, that "Key" is in the intercoastal near Miami, not down south by the more famous "Keys", but you already knew that.  ;)  Just a quick thought, I see a bridge behind Uchenna & Joyce, which might imply they are on or near an island linked by a bridge.  Could be any one of a number of places near Miami.   :lol:

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1002 on: January 16, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »
I was going to suggest near Biscayne Bay/Key Biscayne. A trip across the Rickenbacker Causeway to Miami International (good luck during any hour.)

eta: Boingo may be right on with Bill Baggs State Recreation Area.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 07:32:17 PM by Big Papi »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1003 on: January 16, 2007, 07:31:48 PM »
Maybe we are wasting our time looking ( did I say that? ) because CBS is planning their Winter media tour this week I think? and they might just spill the beans like last season during the Winter media tour?

Phils pictures

captioned Miami FL.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1004 on: January 16, 2007, 08:03:31 PM »
just throwing this out here
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 08:07:00 PM by Kogs »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1005 on: January 16, 2007, 09:10:13 PM »
Where is that Kogs? and I know nothing about boats..ie House boats but why is it tilted to one side in the photos above that I posted?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1006 on: January 16, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »
sowhere on north miami beach i think, my googleearth has these photos in them when i was searching the miami area

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1007 on: January 16, 2007, 09:55:38 PM »
From Wikipedia:

"Ron & Kelly are Yielded by Rob & Amber (Season 7)The Yield, which was introduced in Season 5, allows any one team to force another team to stop racing for a predetermined amount of time. From Season 6 onwards, when there was going to be a Yield, the teams would find the message "Caution, Yield Ahead" in their clue. To Yield an opponent, a team places the picture of the team they wish to yield onto the Yield sign (found near one of the Route Markers). When the yielded team arrives at the Yield, they must turn over an hourglass found on the Yield sign and wait for all the sand to drain before continuing. Each team gets an envelope with their 'courtesy of' sticker at the start of the race (which goes on the bottom-right corner of the Yield sign), and if a team's envelope goes missing, that team loses all power of using any future Yields. [8] Teams like Linda & Karen (Season 5) and Joseph & Monica (Season 9) could not use the Yield, since they had each lost their envelope throughout the course of their respective Races.

Each team is required to stop at the Yield station, and state if they are Yielded or not, and then if they are using the Yield or not to the camera. In the early use of the Yield, teams were required to remove a numbered marker as well when they performed this aspect, though beyond tracking their placement in the leg, these appeared to have no additional purpose.

In Season 5, when the Yield was first introduced, the sign was larger than the future series of the Yield. Teams weren't aware from the clues whether or not there was a yield ahead. In addition, the teams didn't have to pull a number for priority, only when two or more teams were fighting to choose whether to yield a team or not. Only this happened once when Chip and Kim grabbed a number as they were aware Kami and Karli were approaching and wanted reserve in case they wanted to yield Kami and Karli or not. However, when they realized they were the last two teams, rules changed so that all teams were aware of their positions.

Like the Fast Forward, each team may use only one Yield during the game, and only one team may use each Yield. However, each team may be Yielded by other teams an unlimited number of times. From Season 6 to Season 7, the number of Yields totaled three in the entire race, instead of one on every leg. Since Season 6, teams have been warned about an upcoming Yield in the clue immediately preceding it. Like with Fast Forwards, Yields that are present in the race but aren't used and have no affect on the outcome are not aired or mentioned. For example, Season 8 mentioned only having two Yields available on the entire race, but a third Yield on Leg 1 (New York-Pennsylvania) went unaired and unmentioned."

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1008 on: January 16, 2007, 10:30:42 PM »
sowhere on north miami beach i think, my googleearth has these photos in them when i was searching the miami area

From the pics properties: "miami-from-fontainebleau" so going by memory this would be looking towards Miami from the Fontainebleau Hotel on A1A which I believe is Collins Avenue (I believe it turns into Golden Blvd a bit North of the hotel and Bal Harbour. The boats in the Intracoastal near the hotels are usually charter fishing boats (on the left.) 

eta:  Kogs, look at what I am sending your way from this morning: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/ollicat/DSC00350.jpg
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 10:35:02 PM by Big Papi »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1009 on: January 16, 2007, 10:41:11 PM »

From the pics properties: "miami-from-fontainebleau" so going by memory this would be looking towards Miami from the Fontainebleau Hotel on A1A which I believe is Collins Avenue (I believe it turns into Golden Blvd a bit North of the hotel and Bal Harbour. The boats in the Intracoastal near the hotels are usually charter fishing boats (on the left.) 

eta:  Kogs, look at what I am sending your way from this morning: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/ollicat/DSC00350.jpg

woa!!! now thats snow :lol: :lol: i hope its like that in chicago on sunday!!!!!!!  and im trying to match the buildings in the background of the cbs media pics or tes caps, so if i throw random pics just trying to match it up

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1010 on: January 16, 2007, 10:56:42 PM »
woa!!! now thats snow  i hope its like that in chicago on sunday!!!!!!!  and im trying to match the buildings in the background of the cbs media pics or tes caps, so if i throw random pics just trying to match it up

I'm doing a snow dance for you first thing tomorrow morning. We lived in Broward County for a while and are familiar with some of these pics. so so if i when you throw random pics just trying to match it you make me wonder what in hay am I doing in the NE Ohio Snow Belt  ???

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1011 on: January 16, 2007, 11:17:19 PM »
I just realized, if it starts near Miami, then Eric better beable to get to the airport quickly, unless he gets stuck with the  Home town drive to the airport curse that so many others from or near the starting city have delt with.

Offline chris_oclc

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • suckeisha sucks
« Reply #1012 on: January 17, 2007, 01:46:15 AM »
hey...im chris...im just a new member here...ive been a big fan of AR since season 4...anyway, ther's something odd about the new profile ofthe beauty queens on cbs.com, dustin's age on the AR10 profile was 26, but on the all-stars profile she's just 25...its so odd...it must be a typo or something..but they released it officialy..im just confused...i mean what is her real age???
cigi

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1013 on: January 17, 2007, 09:10:52 AM »
I have information to put forth as the relating to the starting line for AR11. I looked at the photo of causeway behind Uchenna and Joyce. I don't know which it is, but it has to be one of the Broad, Tuttle, Venetian, McArthur, or Rickenbacker becuase that's all there are between Miami Beach (and its islands just south) and the mainland. I am now sorting out the islands in the line of sight of those causeways one by one. I have eliminated the east side of Virginia Key as a possibility even though it looks right because it cannot have the correct view of a causeway with downtown Miami in the background. Its western side has the same problem.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1014 on: January 17, 2007, 09:48:51 AM »
What do you all think about Adams Key as a possibility?

Adams Key lies on the north side of swift-moving Caesar Creek. Once home to the famed Cocolobo Club, a retreat for people like Carl Fisher, Gar Wood, and Presidents Harding, Hoover, Johnson and Nixon, Adams Key is now a day-use area open from dawn until dusk. A short trail leads through the hardwood hammock, and a picnic pavilion and toilets are also available. There are also two park ranger families living on the island.

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1015 on: January 17, 2007, 10:31:31 AM »
Or Elliot Key? This one is more developed, but both are accessible only by boat (ensures some privacy)...

Photo of NPS shuttle boat...

I like how the docks look similar to the one D/M are sitting on...

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1016 on: January 17, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
hey...im chris...im just a new member here...ive been a big fan of AR since season 4...anyway, ther's something odd about the new profile ofthe beauty queens on cbs.com, dustin's age on the AR10 profile was 26, but on the all-stars profile she's just 25...its so odd...it must be a typo or something..but they released it officialy..im just confused...i mean what is her real age???
My guess is it was a typo chris :yaya: ...yesterday Oswald was labeled as Ozzy and today he's just a regular Oswald .

Good guess's on the start line you guys & gals! Sorry I'm of no help...its just all the same to me. Wheres Miami Vice reruns when you need them?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1017 on: January 17, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »

Hi Chris! I think she is 25 now, and was 24 at the start of TAR10--so I think the 26 was a typo...
You can also look here .
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1018 on: January 17, 2007, 10:57:44 AM »
 :js:  BTW peach, I would think wherever the starting line is, it better be connected with a causeway or bridge, as the racers typically drive directly to the airport.  But then again, there may be some surprises in TARAS.   :angel:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1019 on: January 17, 2007, 10:59:34 AM »

.... Wheres Miami Vice reruns when you need them?

:lol:  exactly what I was thinking....   :rotf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1020 on: January 17, 2007, 11:01:41 AM »
:js:  BTW peach, I would think wherever the starting line is, it better be connected with a causeway or bridge, as the racers typically drive directly to the airport.  But then again, there may be some surprises in TARAS.   :angel:

oooh....Good Point! :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1021 on: January 17, 2007, 11:39:27 AM »
Quote from: puddin
Wheres Miami Vice reruns when you need them?

have you tried tvland?  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1022 on: January 17, 2007, 01:10:14 PM »
In my earlier note, I forgot the Kennedy Causeway. I have used Google Earth to examine each and every island between Bal Harbor to Miami Beach and Miami to North Miami. I have examined them for fit with the available visual context from yesterday's EARLY SHOW information. In particular, I was looking for trails and a sightline over a lengthy section of causeway plus a dock somewhere nearby. Here is what I found:

ISLANDS BETWEEN MIAMI BEACH/Bal Harbor AND MIAMI/North Miami

Category of All Inhabited(in no particular order)
Venetian Islands (DiLido, San Marino, Marco, Rivo Alto)
Belle Isle
La Gorca
Allison
Belle Meade
Sunset Islands
Claughton
Hibiscus
Palm
Star
Sunny Isles
Normandy Isle
Treasure
Harbor
North Bay

Category of Not Having "All Inhabited" as a Reason for Elimination
Pace Picnic – no trails
Sandspur – no trails
Biscayne (northern one) – golf courses (plus rim of housing)
Dodge – buildings/industrial
Fisher – golf courses (plus rim of housing)
Virginia Key – state park
Biscayne(southern one) – a small park area on the southern side
ParkView – no trails
Bird Key – no trails
Watson – all buildings or businesses

It doesn't absolutely have to be north of the Rickenbacker Causeway, but if it is the only one that has a chance is the southern Biscayne Island (south of Pace Picnic, north of Watson and west of Marco to differentiate it from the more northern island with the same name). On its southern side, there is a stretch of trails that look somewhat like what we saw on the Early Show. There is a dock nearby. Vegetation does not seem as lush, but perhaps the difference between Nov.16 to 19 when the pre-race shots were taken and the more winter conditions today might essplain that. The camera angle for the Tuttle Causeway is a good one.

The eastern side of Virginia Key is a better fit for the trails and vegetation, but the camera angles for a causeway and items in the background would not be right from there.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1023 on: January 17, 2007, 04:28:35 PM »
Now that was have teams can we go back to the Maimi Spoiler.  For Starters neither Dustin nor Kandice are wearing pink so they cant be the young girls, [It has to be Teri ironically the oldest person on the race]. Secondly with the "List" maybe it was just coincidence that the spotter said he saw JVJ, and  them being on.  For starters Jill and Danielle look alike, both smaller than their partners and blonde, however Danielle has wavy hair, Jill strait.

With that maybe its possibly JVJ are indeed on the second flight and can now easily be eliminated first, like their friends Denniss and Erika.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 17, 2007, 04:49:17 PM »
Well, even if JVJ go first, I still wont believe that boot list because them going out early is pretty much known to everyone who reads spoilers..(:;)

I wonder which teams will end up being on the first flight...