Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800510 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #950 on: January 15, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »
exactly

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #951 on: January 15, 2007, 03:23:56 PM »
maybe just maybe, they will have enough background footage to get you detectives at least a taste of where the start line might be.

Then in a two weeks or so hopefully some honest to goodness real race footage to tear through.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #952 on: January 15, 2007, 03:26:02 PM »
newspath but I wouldnt take 8:18 as gospel :D

Below is THE EARLY SHOW Lineup for Tuesday, January 16, 2007 as of 3:00PM
Monday.
Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW… Meet the all-star cast of the new
Amazing Race!  I'm Harry Smith. I'm Julie Chen.  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW... All
the big winners from the Golden Globes  -- Plus, the hottest red-carpet
fashions, too. Also, meet the all-star cast of the new Amazing Race!  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...       

8:18 SEGMENT TEN - AMAZING RACE CAST ANNOUNCEMENT: We'll announce the all-new
all-star cast of the next season of the Amazing Race! Tuesday morning, we'll
reveal which teams will return for another chance at a million dollars. Who
will be taking a trip around the world? Find out Tuesday!

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #953 on: January 15, 2007, 03:40:53 PM »
"newspath but I wouldnt take 8:18 as gospel"

I'm not supposed to be listening to you anymore puddin, remember ???  ;)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #954 on: January 15, 2007, 03:41:56 PM »
ill just turn on channel2 at 7 and record it until the segment ends  :lol:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #955 on: January 15, 2007, 05:27:16 PM »
Yes, but the eleven teams seen in that blurry picture were highly speculated on being the teams in TARAS, so it really isn't a surprise that the boot list matches up.

That's what I thought too.  Speaking of the boot list, I think it'll play out (and we'll have a better shot of knowing so when the page goes live tomorrow, unless TPTB read this post before they put up the site).  While no photos of the F3, IMO, a sibling giving the other sibling info that's not perfectly concreate but enough to make this call is just as good.

As for the photo, sounds right to me.  At least TPTB could've made it a little more challenging by making that photo in black & white, but I guess it didn't matter at this point.  Watch us find out now that John Vito is racing with Erika and not Jill.  Or even Monica, which would be sort of a shock but the blur there makes it look like it's Monica next to John Vito.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Tyler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #956 on: January 15, 2007, 05:52:12 PM »
Why would JV be racing with Monica? That's idiotic. She's engaged to Joseph.

I don't think that he is racing with Erika. Jill took quite a bit of time off work around the same time of filming. Although it doesn't mean much she logged on her myspace soon after filming was done and had no logons during the actual race.
TAR Top 6 FavoriteTeams -

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #957 on: January 15, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »
Blurry picture or not, at least it finally gives an answer to those who were insisting that there would be 13 teams.... :lol:

I can't wait till tomorrow! Even though it looks to be exactly what we all suspected, it makes the start line seem closer somehow--and maybe we'll even get a preview, though I'm sure not counting on it!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #958 on: January 15, 2007, 06:26:14 PM »
Why would JV be racing with Monica? That's idiotic. She's engaged to Joseph.

Which is why I said it would be sort of a shock.  Really it's a joke, based on what Joseph said on his site about the possibility of three people from his season racing in TAR11.  I couldn't see how could work.  As for Erika, I also doubt it, but wouldn't be surprised because Erika is friends with JVJ.  Finally, I didn't know Jill had a myspace, but I did hear that she took time off of work around the time TAR11 was being taped.

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #959 on: January 15, 2007, 06:40:41 PM »
While no photos of the F3, IMO, a sibling giving the other sibling info that's not perfectly concrete but enough to make this call is just as good.

revengefullycreative--could you expand on this? I hadn't heard anything about a sibling "leak" and am wondering what I missed. Is this the origin of the "boot" list?

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #960 on: January 15, 2007, 06:49:19 PM »
No, the boot list is just something that was passed along by puddin, and it really is nothing more then spec. at this moment.

The sibling story is that a flight attendant appears to have seen the teams coming home from sequester and told her sister about which teams she saw on the plane, which would tell us who the f3 is because the f3 wouldn't be on the plane.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #961 on: January 15, 2007, 07:06:05 PM »
Oh, Babalu's sister! Thanks Mike now I see...I was thinking there had been some racer to sibling leak that I had missed! :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GnarlyMarly

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #962 on: January 15, 2007, 07:09:43 PM »
It's not Erika...for one shes still dating and is currently with Dennis, and she was at the Survivor finale and other stuff previous to that being the casting director for both shows.

Offline Tyler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #963 on: January 15, 2007, 07:32:16 PM »
Same pic. The one with all the names on it was a little confusing considering some of them were wrong and some were right and some were just ?.....Anyways I finished it 30 minutes ago and hear it is....;)

1 - It's pretty safe to say this is Eric & Danielle. If I recall I think she was wearing that same top in the photo in Malaysia

2 - Look at those bald heads! It's Kevin & Drew!

3 - Although it's hard to tell in the big picture, you can tell in the small picture that it's Oswald & Danny.

4 - Many people have said this is Rob & Amber however I could never see Amber wearing those shorts! Ugh, those are for older people. Not to mention Teri wore those all the time in TAR3. It's got to be Teri & Ian.

5 - Obdviously it's Charla & Mirna.

6 - It's Dustin & Kandice obdviously.

7 - This is somewhat of a mystery but I'm leaning towards Bill & Joe. That shirt looks like somthing both of them would wear. I think they wore somthing similiar to it in TAR1.

8 - This is the team I think is Rob & Amber. They always wore red in TAR7. We already know they are on the race and I don't see who else they could be.

9 - The girl looks just like Mary! She is even a little overweight just like her too. David & Mary

10 - Many people say it's Kris & Jon. Many people say it's John Vito & Jill. As far as I'm concerned it's up in the air.

11 - Look at the face on this one. The face is darker then all the others. It's Uchenna & Joyce. It backs up the "possible" Malaysia spotting for the team

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 15, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »
It's JVJ, I think you can tell by how tall the guy is

Offline Tyler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #965 on: January 15, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »
I like both KJ and JVJ but JVJ are my #1 team and I'd rather it be them but wasn't Jon alot taller then Kris too?

jackie

« Reply #966 on: January 15, 2007, 07:51:22 PM »
Jon is 6'2 and Kris is 5'4 or 5'5

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #967 on: January 15, 2007, 07:52:02 PM »
MSWOOD, your comment of "maybe just maybe, they will have enough background footage to get you detectives at least a taste of where the start line might be" intrigues me. My best guess is that Bonnet House in Fort Lauderdale, the finish line for AR7, is the obvious choice.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #968 on: January 15, 2007, 08:09:38 PM »
Bonnet House is quite private and would be easy to close off to the public to keep a "secret" start. And the gardens are lovely!

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #969 on: January 15, 2007, 09:34:50 PM »
It's not Erika...for one shes still dating and is currently with Dennis, and she was at the Survivor finale and other stuff previous to that being the casting director for both shows.

We're talking about the same Erika, no?  It probably isn't Erika, GnarlyMarly, but could you clarify whether it's the BB Erika or TAR5 Erika of Dennis/Erika?  FWIW, TAR5 Erika and Dennis might be an item today, but TAR5 Erika was at TAR9 Finale Party in NYC last year, as was I, and that's where I pretty much learned directly that she and Dennis are Kaput (and again moreso via other people).  However, I know that they were together at the Survivor finale, as well as the BB finale earlier this year.  She did show up with JV, but they've been friends for a long time, but regardless, it's probably definitely Jill.  The picture's hard to see, so when it clears out we'll know that it's Jill who looks a little different than in the past.

Speaking of which, can't wait to see Teri on TAR.  It's been a while, and while I've seen recent photos, all that comes to mind is Teri in 2002.

And yes, georgiapeach in terms of the sibling leak, I was referring to Babalu and her flight attendent sister.  I believe her 100% based on the info that she gave.  I hardly think her sister would joke about that, and Babalu definitely wouldn't.  The only way it would be inaccurate is if TPTB set up some crazy decoy, but with those Malaysia photos, I doubt that it's possible (unless something was missed).  Thanks, MikeD19; that's what I meant.

Offline p1a55b1idii

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #971 on: January 16, 2007, 06:11:42 AM »
Thanks for this!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-01-15-amazing-race_x.htm

WOW! Great advance news!

How did Race challenge contestants who knew the drill? "We had to throw them curveball after curveball, because they all thought they knew what we were doing again," Van Munster says. So the 45,000-mile, 28-day race, which ended Dec. 19, sent them "from extreme cold to extreme heat," a desert in northern Chile to "borderline South Pole" in Antarctica.

ANTARCTICA! I knew it! And who knows where a desert in northern Chile is?

And it is JVJ...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #972 on: January 16, 2007, 06:28:02 AM »
The Atacama Desert of Chile is a sparsely populated virtually rainless plateau, running from the Pacific Ocean to the Andes Mountains. The average width is less than 100 miles but it extends 600 miles south from the Peruvian border. The mountains nearest the ocean are the Pacific coastal range, with an average elevation of 2500 feet. The Cordillera Domeyko, a range of foothills of the Andes Mountains, lies east. The Atacama is made up of salt basins (salars) sand and lava flows. The landscape is so desolate it is sometimes described as "moon like". In fact the Atacama has been chosen as a good site to test the prototype of a future lunar rover.

Atacama Desert

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #973 on: January 16, 2007, 06:33:24 AM »
 :yess:
awesome!! thansks p1a55b1idii  :waves:

And they're off! Producers chose the all-stars returning to The Amazing Race from more than 200 former contestants. Seven of the show's 10 seasons are represented. Back: Eric and Danielle, left, Oswald and Danny, Uchenna and Joyce, and Drew and Kevin. Middle: Bill and Joe, left, Teri and Ian, David and Mary, and John and Jill. Front: Dustin and Kandice, left, Charla and Mirna, and Amber and Rob

The 'Race' is on, all-star style
Updated 1/16/2007 6:47 AM ET
By Gary Levin, USA TODAY
The Amazing Race is back with its first all-star edition as 11 teams of competitors go on their second world trek.
CBS' three-time Emmy winner returns Feb. 18 (Sundays, 8 ET/PT) with teams from seven of its 10 seasons, to be unveiled today. From among the 200 or so previous contestants, "it was very hard to pick favorites," executive producer Bertram Van Munster says. Producers chose partly "in terms of where their life went" since they left the show. "They're not necessarily the winners, but character-wise, they're all-stars in our book."

Only one team — Uchenna and Joyce Agu — was a past winner, in Season 7. But others are standouts: height-challenged Charla Faddoul and cousin Mirna Hindoyan; Joe Baldassare and Bill Bartek (the first season's "team Guido"); Rob and Amber Mariano, who parlayed their Survivor stint into marriage and reality-TV careers; and Kevin O'Connor and Drew Feinberg, amiable, bald best friends from Season 1. Also repeating the Race are two teams from the latest season: coal miner David Conley and wife Mary, and beauty queens Dustin Seltzer and Kandice Pelletier.

Also in the hunt: Eric Sanchez and Danielle Turner, who competed on separate teams in Season 9 but later became a couple; Oswald Mendez and Danny Jimenez (Season 2's "Team Cha-Cha-Cha"); John Pietanza and Jill Aquilino, a now-split couple from Season 3; and Teri and Ian Pollack, the oldest couple to finish as runners-up (she's now 53, he's 54), also in Season 3.

How did Race challenge contestants who knew the drill? "We had to throw them curveball after curveball, because they all thought they knew what we were doing again," Van Munster says. So the 45,000-mile, 28-day race, which ended Dec. 19, sent them "from extreme cold to extreme heat," a desert in northern Chile to "borderline South Pole" in Antarctica.
Van Munster says he and co-creator Elise Doganieri had "reservations" about an all-star edition, but he's happy with the results.

"There is a lot of friction right off the bat" between teams, he says. "I'm confident we laid something on the table that will be very unexpected, and story-wise, there were plenty of fireworks."

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #974 on: January 16, 2007, 06:51:59 AM »
im such a moron :groan: :groan: i usually check usa today and look what time the artical was posted and then updated
Posted 1/15/2007 9:00 PM ET 
Updated 1/16/2007 6:47 AM ET