Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800590 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #900 on: January 13, 2007, 06:22:00 AM »
:jumpy: OMg THIS Tuesday!! and yeah I was right on the premiere date :yess:

THE EARLY SHOW will announce the cast for AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS on Tuesday, Jan. 16 (7:00-9:00 AM, ET/PT). The 11th edition of the Emmy Award-winning series debuts on Sunday, Feb. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Of course the CBS web monkeys may post early and let you sleep in!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #901 on: January 13, 2007, 06:31:59 AM »
:jumpy: OMg THIS Tuesday!! and yeah I was right on the premiere date :yess:

THE EARLY SHOW will announce the cast for AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS on Tuesday, Jan. 16 (7:00-9:00 AM, ET/PT). The 11th edition of the Emmy Award-winning series debuts on Sunday, Feb. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Nothing on The Early Show web site this morning.  I expected CBS to tease everyone with the team announcement.  At least run some promos stating that they will announce the secret teams on ________ (Tuesday according to puddin').

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #902 on: January 13, 2007, 06:50:14 AM »
puddin said:
so if I have to drag my butt out of bed at 7am on Tuesday morning then Hey Now !!  !

I'll be up for sure!  :yess: 
Even though we know the cast--it will be nice to see the buildup. The only real disappointment for me from that announcement is that it will be a one hour premiere. Even if we know the teams, that never seems like a long enough intro!

And let's hope for a preview--time to get this spoiler show on the amazing road! :hfive:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #903 on: January 13, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »
<--- doing the very happy dance!   :dancer:
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 13, 2007, 10:40:43 AM »
OK, so if it is only a one hour premier, and the speculation about JVJ being on the first flight, then maybe the boot list spoiler will be proven wrong right away, and I can regain hope that E/D do not win!  :yess: :woohoo:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #905 on: January 13, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »
OK, so if it is only a one hour premier, and the speculation about JVJ being on the first flight, then maybe the boot list spoiler will be proven wrong right away, and I can regain hope that E/D do not win!  :yess: :woohoo:

As I have told ya all before:  DO NOT DOUBT THE WORD OF THE PUDDIN  :kissy:

Here is full release of the latest news:

NEW YORK, Jan. 15 -- CBS News' THE EARLY SHOW will announce the cast for AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS on Tuesday, Jan. 16 (7:00-9:00 AM, ET/PT). The 11th edition of the Emmy Award-winning series debuts on Sunday, Feb. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Michael Bass is the senior executive producer of THE EARLY SHOW.

So if the truth be known, Puddin's elimination list may already be set in concrete! :dancer:

PS:  Just note the dateline.  Who jumped the gun  :groan:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 13, 2007, 11:26:22 AM »
Well, she did say that it wasn't gospel. I'm not doubting her. I just hope the list isn't correct.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #907 on: January 13, 2007, 11:38:17 AM »
 :lol: its not my bootlist.......I just passed it along.
And being on the first flight doesn't mean much as we've seen in the past but I don't have time to look for all the details of past races at the moment. mswood is good at knowing all the stuff off the top of her head so maybe she can help out if she reads this?

Offline foxburns

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #908 on: January 13, 2007, 12:19:01 PM »
First out, slower plane: Seasons 1,2,3,4,5,6,10 (both teams)
First out, first plane: 7,9 (which were both two hour premieres)

So if JVJ go first, they would have to screw up pretty bad because no team on the first plane has ever gone out first in a one hour premiere (without the benefits of more first leg equalizers in a two hour premiere)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 13, 2007, 12:26:04 PM »
Well, the speculation can always be wrong. . . maybe JVJ is on the second plane.

Maybe everyone got JVJ mixed up with Eric and Danielle.

Who knows...at least we don't have much more of a wait! ONE MONTH!!  :woohoo:

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #910 on: January 13, 2007, 01:49:13 PM »
If I recall right, TAR10 was the only season with no Early Show promo because of the new Sunday schedule, which sucked because they always give away the first team out i.e. John & Scott TAR9 * pouts *...and also we have the TVGuide curse to look forward too...teams featured heavily always bite the dust first.
So Big Papi ( especially ) put on your pants its time to dance  :dancer:

:woohoo: Thanks puddin.  :kuss: Clothed and ready to salsa. I hope that I see some people I know on Tues morning.  I need a new Avatar, my kid wants to come out of the water.  :jumpy:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Salsa+dancing&hl=en

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #911 on: January 13, 2007, 02:00:44 PM »
foxborne

Well not quite, but close.

The only info is we know which team's flight was scheduled to land first, we don't know if they infact did land first.

For example in Season 6 the first flight scheduled to land was the American Flight through Boston with Gus & Hera, Avi & Joe and Hayden & Aaron yet it actually landed in last place (by ten whole minutes thanks to a weather delay) Avi & Joe were the team eliminated.  

Season 9 The first flight to leave and scheduled to arrive had BJ & Tyler, Dani & Danielle, Fran & Barry and that flight ended up landing 2cd.  While John & Scott left in 2cd place but landed first and were the last team to check in.

Season 7 is the one real example of a team who left in first, landed in first and still ended up in last place with  Ryan and Chuck.

So out of the 9 regular 2 man team seasons we have:

1:  Example of a team who left on teh 2cd plane, arrived on the first plane and ended up last.

2:  Example of a team who left on the 1st plane schedule to take off but actually due to weather delays arrived in last and ended up last.

3.  Example of a team being on teh irst flight to leave, it landing in first place and them still losing.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #912 on: January 13, 2007, 02:17:12 PM »
Everyone

Okay with it apparently looking like a one hour opener, does anyone think they might make the first episode a tw part episode.

Or will it be a standard one hour opening like in seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4.

The reason I am curious with a startup date of Feb 18th, I wonder if they are going to stretch out the episodes are if they are just planning on the show ending early and not running throughout MAy Sweeps.

Ep 1:   Feb 18th
ep 2:   Feb 25th
Ep 3:   Mar ht4
Ep 4:   Mar 11th
Ep 5:   Mar 18th
Ep 6:   Mar 25th
Ep 7:   April 1st
Ep 8:   April 8th
Ep 9:   April 15th
Ep 10:  April 22cd
Ep 11:  April 29th
ep 12:  May 6th
ep 13:  May 13th.

THat list includes splitting the usual two hour final broadcast into its seperate Legs on seperate weeks like in Season 10 for example.  Otherwise we can play on a ending on May 6th.

Does it make since for CBS to try and extend this season being All_Stars and get more in during sweeps, or would they expect better performances out of specials or reruns in May.

I honestly think they might try a clips episode for this season like the did in seasons 6 and 7 to milk out another week of ratings (something Survivor has also done, has Big Brother?).

I am surprised at a one hour opener though.  I generally like a longer opener to get used to the teams more, but with it being all stars perhaps thats isn't really necessary.

Puddin or Kogs or anyone who has actually paid attention before.  What type of thing should we get on Tuesday, just a report with like cast photos, or should we expect to see the racers in person, or would it be actually footage for you spoiler blood hounds to dig into?

And with the Early Feb start we can certainly expect (hopefully) some good superbowl day and night promotion of the season opener.

Just think 35 days and less then 5 hours for those on the East Coast. :woohoo: :jumpy: :yess:
  Dies a little happy dance.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #913 on: January 13, 2007, 04:13:59 PM »
May 13th will most likely be the Survivor14 finale, traditional Mothers Day 3 hour finale  B:) B:)
And I have screencaps somewhere in my photobucket of  TAR9 on the Early show..but even better the video is still archived or you can check out the webpage. John & Scott were heavily featured as lost in Brazil.
Oh and thanks for all the info you guys  :jam:. If I dig out the pictures from TAR9  Early Show I'll post them.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #914 on: January 13, 2007, 04:24:45 PM »
Heres some pictures, last to first is the order..

page 9
page8

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #915 on: January 13, 2007, 04:47:37 PM »
Heres some pictures, last to first is the order..

Very Cool Puddin, since I didn't find this site until about the 4th episode of hte 9th season, I was unaware that the previewed the show.

And boy between this and TVguide curse, damn.

But I wonder if they will use it more heavily this time to promote "popular" types such as Rob & Amber and perhaps Charla & mirna to get viewer interest higher then say spotlighting the roadkill.

Oh well time will tell.

And lucky for me On was already planning on staying home on Tuesday so that just works perfectly.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 02:41:25 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #916 on: January 13, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »
ahhh yes the the tvguide curse..
TAR8 featured the Blacks ( cant find the picture )
TAR9 featured Scott & John
TAR 10 featured the Muslims, Vipul & Artie& Sarah and whats his face

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #917 on: January 13, 2007, 08:26:28 PM »
Hi puddin! Thanks for the archived video link   --it was fun refreshing my TAR 9 memories. Unfortunately, I think that is the "day of the 1st show" publicity video (cause Harry keeps talking about "the show starting tonight") and not the video of the cast release.

Do you by chance have the cast release video too? Because I can't remember if there was a preview or not....or like the Survivor release this week was it mostly a quick run thru of contestants+their bios? I would think they would want to do maybe clips of the former teams doing something on their former race as a refresher---but I would love to have a preview too! Just don't want to get my hopes up....

And where was this info anyway? I still can't find it! Or is this an example of how nice it will be to have a mod with "special press privileges"?   :lol:

And thanks everybody for the nice 1st plane--2nd plane who goes out summaries--it will be interesting to see what happens!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #918 on: January 13, 2007, 09:38:57 PM »
Heres the featurette of the TAR10 cast peach! I expect CBS will put one up for Alll Stars. Is this what you mean?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #919 on: January 13, 2007, 09:50:57 PM »
Thanks puddin!!

So I guess we'll just expect a list with bios and maybe some old show clips, but probably not a new promo to spoiler?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 13, 2007, 09:57:57 PM »
And if the site goes up on the same day, we should get the pre-race videos.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #921 on: January 13, 2007, 10:26:18 PM »
They had better put the site up on Tuesday  :knuckles:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race11/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #922 on: January 13, 2007, 10:45:51 PM »
 :welcome: :hithere: to:

Tigress131, foxburns, and MikeD19!

Hope you can stay and play when the real fun starts!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 13, 2007, 11:17:40 PM »
Thanks georgiapeach  :jumpy:

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #924 on: January 14, 2007, 09:44:06 AM »
First out, slower plane: Seasons 1,2,3,4,5,6,10 (both teams)
First out, first plane: 7,9 (which were both two hour premieres)

So if JVJ go first, they would have to screw up pretty bad because no team on the first plane has ever gone out first in a one hour premiere (without the benefits of more first leg equalizers in a two hour premiere)

Well since its a 1 hr start maybe they have like a AR9 first leg and have not "sign up for one of three busses" or "one of three departure times" and then its all the one leg in one day, and in that cast JVJ's 1 hr lead about can be gone [just like Scott and John's] by one bad cab ride.