Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800650 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #750 on: December 17, 2006, 11:05:04 PM »
Nice save Kogs!!

thanks puddin and everyone :cmas26

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #751 on: December 17, 2006, 11:16:01 PM »
 :ythat: What Puddin said. If you have GE installed, it should open automatically. Go here for downloads (and if you want to get your kids started on spoiling, check out Santa's treasure hunt on that page where you have to search the world for hidden toys  :cmas27). Some more GE news: Panoramio is now a GE layer. It's not as search-worthy as Flickr or Webshots (yet), but it's fun to play with. Below is a cap of Ushuaia in thumbnail view.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #752 on: December 17, 2006, 11:18:22 PM »
Maybe you have to reinstall GE?

That was it puddin and Slowhatch--once I figured out what GE was! I'm such a computer dummy! But now I can look for Santa!

How do you find a member at Sucks? let's PM her and invite her over here! Now they've deleted the whole thing...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #753 on: December 17, 2006, 11:31:49 PM »
I say we just call the Air Force Base :)

But now I can look for Santa!
  :cmaslol

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #754 on: December 18, 2006, 12:05:20 AM »
I say we just call the Air Force Base :)

But now I can look for Santa!
  :cmaslol

go ahead puddin  :cmas17  :cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #755 on: December 18, 2006, 12:14:21 AM »
hmmm, i'm tempted ..maybe tomorrow   :cmas30:
Guam — Current local time: 4:13 PM on Monday, December 18
According to http://www.google.com

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #756 on: December 18, 2006, 12:22:45 AM »
hmmm, i'm tempted ..maybe tomorrow   :cmas30:
Guam — Current local time: 4:13 PM on Monday, December 18
According to http://www.google.com

oh come on puddin they are still there right now do it now!!!!!!!  :cmas17 :cmas17 :cmaslol

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #757 on: December 18, 2006, 02:25:11 AM »
Izad

I have question if you don't mind.

You gave us a tiem frame when teams got their.  But do you have any idea on how the teams faired on the stairs.

Any idea if sayD & K did the event fastest or slowest, ect for any of the teams or how long the teams were their doing it as a general estimate?

You said Charla & Mirna had a big lead, did they managed to complete it in roughly the same elngth of time?  Did it take them longer.

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #758 on: December 18, 2006, 04:11:38 AM »
Thanks guys. And let's hope we get some more info from Guam! (and what a wicked subnic! Thanks)

Maybe later you can tell us how you managed all that!  But you may have done too good of a job...now we think you should be able to tell us every detail of the legs before and after too--heeee....!

Was there any info about the teams and the filming in the local news there? Or since that is such a busy tourist area did the camera crews just blend in?

And do you want to speculate on where you would have sent teams for a Roadblock? I thought maybe they would have done some climbing in Dark Cave but guess not...

Thanks.. as for the details of the legs, I might be able to post some extra stuff but not any time soon. It's not a case of "i know something that you guys dont *neener*", but there are reasons I can't tell right now. We're all fans of the show and I cant wait to share it with you guys but hope you guys will understand.

I heard one of the crew members bitching that some info about them filming TAR was leaked to one of the papers somewhere, but I didn't get which paper (nor if it's true). However, nobody actually cared about the camera crew being there.. until they see people  running towards the cluebox (which they put up only about 5 minutes before the teams got there).. people got extra curious most noticably when Charla/Mirna and the BQs were there - possibly because people recognize them the most.

I thought they were going to do some task at the Caves as well, but they were only there to get to the cluebox. They then went off to a different part of town in taxis.

You gave us a tiem frame when teams got their.  But do you have any idea on how the teams faired on the stairs.

Any idea if sayD & K did the event fastest or slowest, ect for any of the teams or how long the teams were their doing it as a general estimate?

You said Charla & Mirna had a big lead, did they managed to complete it in roughly the same elngth of time?  Did it take them longer.

All of the teams took about 10 minutes to go up and down the stairs. No one did exceptionally well, or bad - because even though the steps were not  steep, they were definitely NOT wide.. and I guess every teams were just being extra careful going up and down the stairs. (I actually witnessed a little girl stumbled down a couple of steps, but thankfully she was okay). That said, I must say that you can't help but be impressed with Charla if (when) you see her climb those stairs. She had her huge backpack on, and come on.. it's just harder for her than a normal heighted person. ;) But yeah, most of them got in and out of that place within the same approximate amount of time.. I think the Chas stumbled with the BQs as they were heading out (and the BQs coming in).

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #759 on: December 18, 2006, 06:50:17 AM »
Updated route spec -- guessing Guam leg is part one of a two-hour finale -- that would give production more time to get the 4th place team there and on their way to Honolulu. Spec in pink, confirmed in red...

ROUTE SPEC
EP01: Miami, FL (USA) to Quito, Ecuador
FILMING DATES: November 20-22, 2006
EVIDENCE: Teams spotted in MIA waiting at gate A7 for Quito
TASKS: UNKNOWN
TEAMS: Rob/Amber, John Vito/Jill, Charla/Mirna, Guidos spotted
TEAMS REMAINING: 10 left after episode?

EP02: Quito, Ecuador to Ushuaia, Argentina
FILMING DATES: November 23-24, 2006
EVIDENCE: Guidos spotted in Ushuaia, returning from Antarctica?
TEAMS: Guidos, Charla/Mirna, Oswald/Danny, Eric/Danielle, Dustin/Kandice
TEAMS REMAINING: 9 left after episode?

EP03: Ushuaia, Argentina to Antarctica
FILMING DATES: November 25-26, 2006
EVIDENCE: SPECULATION; Teams may be coming to Ushuaia from Antarctica
TEAMS: Guidos, Charla/Mirna, Oswald/Danny, Eric/Danielle, Dustin/Kandice
TEAMS REMAINING: 8 left after episode?

EP04: Antarctica to Johannesburg, South Africa
FILMING DATES: November 27-November 29, 2006
EVIDENCE: Guidos spotted looking for directions in Ushuaia, calling for information from South African Air
TEAMS: Charla/Mirna, Oswald/Danny, Eric/Danielle, Dustin/Kandice
TEAMS REMAINING: 7 left after episode?

EP05: Johannesburg, South Africa to Maputo, Mozambique
FILMING DATES: November 30-December 1, 2006
EVIDENCE: NONE
TEAMS REMAINING: TBC? 7 left after episode?

EP06: Maputo, Mozambique to UNKNOWN
FILMING DATES: December 2-3, 2006
TEAMS REMAINING: 6 left after episode?

EP07: UNKNOWN to UNKNOWN
FILMING DATES: December 4-5, 2006
TEAMS REMAINING: NEL? 6 left after episode?

EP08: UNKNOWN to UNKNOWN
FILMING DATES: December 6-7, 2006
TEAMS REMAINING: 5 left after episode?

EP09: UNKNOWN to Warsaw, Poland
FILMING DATES: December 8-9, 2006
TEAMS REMAINING: NEL? 5 left after episode?

EP10: Warsaw, Poland to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
FILMING DATES: December 10-11, 2006
EVIDENCE: Teams spotted at Batu Caves in Kuala Lumpur
TASKS: Find Batu Caves
TEAMS REMAINING: 4 left after episode?

EP11: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to UNKNOWN
FILMING DATES: December 12-13, 2006
TEAMS: UNKNOWN
TEAMS REMAINING: 3 left after episode?

EP12: UNKNOWN to Yigo, Guam
FILMING DATES: December 14-15, 2006
TASKS: Go to Anderson Air Force Base
TEAMS: Charla/Mirna, Dustin/Kandice, Eric/Danielle
TEAMS REMAINING: TBC/Part 1 of 2-part finale?

EP13: Yigo, Guam to Honolulu, HI (USA)
FILMING DATES: December 16-17, 2006
EVIDENCE: Sequestered teams en route from Guam to Honolulu
TEAMS: Charla/Mirna, Dustin/Kandice, Eric/Danielle
TEAMS REMAINING: Final 3 race to finish?

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #760 on: December 18, 2006, 08:45:29 AM »
This from Babalu at Sucks...

Hi - me again!

My sister didn't recognize any of the other teams' photos, so our best guess (and it's only a guess, but many of you have surmised the same) =

There were only 3 teams on the flight, and the rest of the TAR folks were production staff/crew.

Those 3 teams are the Guidos (6th place), Uchenna/Joyce (5th place), and the Chas (4th place).

Those 3 teams may not have been at Sequesterville - or may have been at a different, shorter-term Sequesterville from the earlier eliminees.

The top 3 are Mirna/Charla, the BQs, and Eric/Danielle.

...makes me curious. If we have just three sequestered teams in Guam AND filming in Guam (which would be part of the final 3 leg) -- I smell twist. Pair up with an eliminated team for a task? I wonder...

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #761 on: December 18, 2006, 09:56:33 AM »
Thanks guys. And let's hope we get some more info from Guam! (and what a wicked subnic! Thanks)

Maybe later you can tell us how you managed all that!  But you may have done too good of a job...now we think you should be able to tell us every detail of the legs before and after too--heeee....!

Was there any info about the teams and the filming in the local news there? Or since that is such a busy tourist area did the camera crews just blend in?

And do you want to speculate on where you would have sent teams for a Roadblock? I thought maybe they would have done some climbing in Dark Cave but guess not...

Thanks.. as for the details of the legs, I might be able to post some extra stuff but not any time soon. It's not a case of "i know something that you guys dont *neener*", but there are reasons I can't tell right now. We're all fans of the show and I cant wait to share it with you guys but hope you guys will understand.

I heard one of the crew members bitching that some info about them filming TAR was leaked to one of the papers somewhere, but I didn't get which paper (nor if it's true). However, nobody actually cared about the camera crew being there.. until they see people  running towards the cluebox (which they put up only about 5 minutes before the teams got there).. people got extra curious most noticably when Charla/Mirna and the BQs were there - possibly because people recognize them the most.

I thought they were going to do some task at the Caves as well, but they were only there to get to the cluebox. They then went off to a different part of town in taxis.

All of the teams took about 10 minutes to go up and down the stairs. No one did exceptionally well, or bad - because even though the steps were not  steep, they were definitely NOT wide.. and I guess every teams were just being extra careful going up and down the stairs. (I actually witnessed a little girl stumbled down a couple of steps, but thankfully she was okay). That said, I must say that you can't help but be impressed with Charla if (when) you see her climb those stairs. She had her huge backpack on, and come on.. it's just harder for her than a normal heighted person. ;) But yeah, most of them got in and out of that place within the same approximate amount of time.. I think the Chas stumbled with the BQs as they were heading out (and the BQs coming in).

Izad - you are the best!!  We completely understand if you have to keep some items quiet for now....just don't forget to share them with us once you can divulge you secrets!!  :cmas31:   :cmas9     The TAR Detectives here ROCK!!  :ron:  I can't believe alll the new information since Friday!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #762 on: December 18, 2006, 10:33:24 AM »
Izad thank you for answering our questions :cmas17 Now my turn, did you see or touch any monkeys   :monk3: ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #763 on: December 18, 2006, 10:51:38 AM »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #764 on: December 18, 2006, 10:52:42 AM »
mariah2g
(12/17/06 9:51 pm)
Reply   Re: TAR - All-Stars - Official Spoiler Thread - Route
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 TAR All-Stars just made a stop on the U.S. Territory of Guam in the western Pacific. US Air Force officials confirmed that crews were indeed filming on Anderson Air Force Base, which is situated at the northern tip of the island. 

just posted on sucks

Besides being the home of  B-52, B-1 and B-2 squadrons, AAFB includes the best secluded beach on the island.  Also on the island are the caves in which Japanese soldiers hid after the war.  One such veteran was discovered living in a cave almost 30 years after the war officially ended.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 11:12:46 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #765 on: December 18, 2006, 11:15:27 AM »
We do know teams are given (or make up) fake travellig names.

In season Nine we get the first mention of this when Jeremy says they should have booked taxi's with their fake anmes.

A little hard to book airline tickets with "fake" names unless they have lied to the USGovernment and obtained a passport with a "fake" name.  Don't think that TPTB or CBS could pull that one off.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #766 on: December 18, 2006, 11:15:38 AM »

Besides being the home of  B-52, B-1 and B-2 squadrons, AAFB includes the best secluded beach on the island.  Also on the island are the caves in which Japanese soldiers hid after the war.  One such veteran was discovered living in a cave almost 30 years after the war officially ended.

I assume the dude was dead, but I want more details.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #767 on: December 18, 2006, 11:29:23 AM »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #768 on: December 18, 2006, 11:53:40 AM »

Here you go:cmas26

Excellent story. The dude was alive after all those years.  What a great spot for a clue box ... definitely out of sight.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #769 on: December 18, 2006, 03:31:27 PM »

I assume the dude was dead, but I want more details.

No he was alive and had been living off the land; only going near civilization at night.  When he was finally found, he knew that the Americans had captured Guam and were occupying the territory, but he still thought that Japan was winning the war!

He had been ordered not to surrender and hold out as long as he could.  He made it almost 30 years!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #770 on: December 18, 2006, 03:39:58 PM »
ok some1 call the honulu film office now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and this from tarflies

posted by Babalu Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:17 pm
Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:17 pm

I gotcher spoilers! Spoilers here! Hot off the plane!

My sister called me this morning (just before 9:00 Hawai'ii time). She's a flight attendant on Air Micronesia and said that a "bunch" of TAR All-Stars teams were on her flight from Guam to Honolulu. She was calling me from the plane, which had just landed.

She's not quite as rabid a TAR fan as I am, so she's not sure about all the teams, but here's what I know so far. She's coming over later on to look at the CBS web site for each season to see if she recognizes anybody else.

Based on what she told me and what I'd heard before, I think these are the second (later) group of sequestered teams.

On the flight:

Guidos (to whom she served drinks, as in alcohol, which she thought was strange when they were racing but then agreed when I said I thought they'd already been eliminated and were on their way to the finish line)

Uchenna/Joyce - Joyce was sitting up/not trying to sleep as she might be expected to do if they were still racing and she needed to get as much sleep as possible during down times. My sister asked Uchenna if there was anything she could do for him, and he in turn asked her if there was anything he could do for her like "give her an autograph." She somehow had the occasion to mention this to what she said was another team:

Ryan and Peter - I have no idea who this was. Kathy (sister) thinks is was a team but her description of them didn't sound familiar to me (tall/thin/blond + shorter/blondish). They said they'd been flying for a month and weren't supposed to acknowledge anything (like Uchenna had done when he'd offered an autograph, although obviously my sister knew who he was)

Allison and her boyfriend - I knew this couldn't really be Allison (Big Brother and TAR), so I got a description and I think it's Eric and Dani.

Danny/Oswald

Kevin and Drew, she THINKS

No female-only teams

Miscellaneous:

The flight was delayed, and nobody seemed upset about it.

They'd stayed at Anderson Air Force Base on Guam - had gotten in the previous morning and left the following day. I think they were probably on their way from Sequesterville location #2 somewhere in Asia, but that's just speculation.

No Rob/Amber or Teri/Ian or Dave/Mary on the flight as far as my sister could tell.

Does this mean that Mirna/Charla and the Beauty Queens are in the top 3? Who would be the 3rd team? Maybe one team was missed at the sighting in Malaysia because of a fast forward or something?

Was there any mention of cameramen and soundmen taking pictures while in flight?  If the teams did not have any camera crews with them then they certainly were losers on the way home.

Which flight was she on?  The 7:00AM non stop from Guam to Honolulu Flight No. 2) or the island-hoping Flight No. 956?  If she was on the non-stop, the final three teams might be on Flight No. 956 which makes five stops through Micronesia including Yap, Ponope, and the Marshall Islands.  All offer all kinds of unique challenges and would keep the "new" location theme going.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #771 on: December 18, 2006, 06:22:42 PM »
No Jeremy specifically said they should have used their "fake" names.

Not they should have used fake names.

As for teams using discriptions that's the way you have to go, to many teams have taken or tried to take cabs by saying yes thats me, when the cab has asked are you John Doe.

I belieive the fact anames are used in things like the hotel stays before the race begins, and things like that.

Otherwise it would be much easier to findout in advance who is who when you are waiting for the race to start.

AS for actually once the race starts, yeah they use their real names for travelling because well thats really required now days with travel restrictions and security.

Whatever, i totally think you were wrong.  If they have fake names they are there to be used then why are fake names never used.  I know becuase they are NOT given out, teams make them themselves. Its a smart move.  Lyn and Karlyn said their names to a guide, "Fake names" are not given. 

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #772 on: December 19, 2006, 12:46:03 AM »
Oh I could be wrong no doubt about it.  But if teams are given or encouraged at any time to have a fake name.  The fact that one would need to use real names for almost all real travel purposes would tend to give you little reason once he race starts to use one.

But I do seem to recall other seasons (either in interviews or clips mention something about it as well).

And Jeremy's word choice is fairly concise (Yeah its Jeremy, though).

know whats funny the Season 10 spoiler thread only has a hundred and 15 more posts then this one does.  Damn...

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #773 on: December 19, 2006, 08:37:09 AM »
this thread started as speculation at first

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #774 on: December 19, 2006, 09:52:02 AM »
We could start a fresh thread? but this one seems to be working out because all the spoiler info is in this thread and I've been updating page one with solid info that has been passed around the spoiler boards. Whatever you all want, let me know. Do we really want it to end up like sucks with 3 separate threads, lol. When you think about it we are pretty lucky here to have topic header dedicated just to spoilers ..we can post what we want with no warnings and we are not like " HEY you are off topic!" , I  think thats what makes this place unique...freedom.