Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 803650 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #725 on: December 17, 2006, 10:16:50 AM »
Hi guys.. sorry if my spoilers were 'too much' for you guys. I know the Survivor All Star spoiler totally ruined the season for me personally, hopefully this won't do the same to you.

and i wasn't bull****ting about the 'eavesdropping' business. I'm a big fan of the show, and was just trying to share what I know with fellow fans on the boards ;)

Peace out!

thank you izad for everything  :jam: :jam: :jam: :cmas26

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #726 on: December 17, 2006, 10:27:32 AM »
Hi Izad! :hello2: :welcome: We're really glad to see you here!

sorry if my spoilers were 'too much' for you guys.

Heee...that must be the other guys---we LOVE spoilers around here! I think we all owe you a HUGE thank you for all you did to get that spoiler  :thankyou:!
I've been on those stairs so I really appreciate the work involved! You definitely gave us the best of the best! And to top it off with such good photos--job VERY well done!

Were the camera guys intimidating? The guy from Argentina seemed to think so! I'll bet they were NOT happy to see you--although I've been a little surprised that there haven't been even more sightings given the higher profile of some of the teams this season. And eavesdropping is in all the best Detective traditions!

Is it okay to pick your brain a little bit? I know you said they came from Poland--did you hear of any more ideas about where/what they were doing there?
Andof course we'd love to know any more you can share.... Since Uchenna/Joyce have been confirmed on the Guam flight, can you say now that they were the 5th team?

But in any case, we are very happy to have your insight around here--hope you'll be able to stick around and help us with the season! :yourock:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #727 on: December 17, 2006, 10:52:53 AM »
Hi guys.. sorry if my spoilers were 'too much' for you guys. I know the Survivor All Star spoiler totally ruined the season for me personally, hopefully this won't do the same to you.

and i wasn't bull****ting about the 'eavesdropping' business. I'm a big fan of the show, and was just trying to share what I know with fellow fans on the boards ;)

Peace out!
Thanks for the pictures izad :hithere:! We love spolers around here and can never get enough so bring it on :cmaslol .

:popcorn:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #728 on: December 17, 2006, 10:59:16 AM »

Peace out!
Thanks for the pictures izad :hithere:! We love spolers around here and can never get enough so bring it on :cmaslol .

:popcorn:

lyrichs from the movie bye bye bridie

"we love you spoilers oh yes we do
we love you spoilers its really true
we love you spoilers oh yes we do
oh spoilers we love you"  :cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #729 on: December 17, 2006, 11:01:35 AM »
So 11 teams it is.

jackie

« Reply #730 on: December 17, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »
I keep looking at different list that are confirmed. I'm not believing this one until cbs official site has them

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #731 on: December 17, 2006, 11:38:23 AM »
I keep looking at different list that are confirmed. I'm not believing this one until cbs official site has them

Neither am i, Chip A saw 12 teams, and 7[prolly more like 6.5] on his original list.  This list of 11 does not fit with that.
I really think Tian and Jaree are a team, Kris and Jon are not!   

jackie

« Reply #732 on: December 17, 2006, 11:39:54 AM »
I read like 10 different list and it has Jon and Kris on it. It says it's confirmed to be this. Then I see this one, and it's like ok another list

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #733 on: December 17, 2006, 11:52:43 AM »
If izad gives Romeo's list a thumbs up then its good enough for me. Now theres one or two teams I'm not thrilled with but seeing as they most likely are not in the final three then Yeah That!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #734 on: December 17, 2006, 12:25:27 PM »
IF its just those 11 I am disappointed but okay.

The casting seems to be much closer to the quality level of a regular season then what I was hoping far in an All Star season.  But it is still an interesting cast.

It gives a us several things a few nice teams, a few competitive teams, a couple schimers.  It gives us underdogs, and a new combitation to watch race.

And funny I actually am really looking forward to see how Eric & Danielle race.

Are they going to be a good solid overall team.  Both in ability and how they get along (see Kris & Jon)

Are they going to just be a good team, but somewhat emotional erratic (say like Kelly & Jon).

Are they going to be a good team, but one that fights a lot.

Are they giong to be a team that has one member really pull the wait for the team.

Ae they going to be a poor team, that just happens not to get eliminated and make it far in the race.

All the other teams we ahve seen deal with the stress and challenges of the race with their partners.  So as much as I was oppossed to a hybrid team, it actually gives us something new to see.

And does anyone actually know.  Have they been dating since season 9.  Or did they break up?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #735 on: December 17, 2006, 12:28:19 PM »

Peace out!

Izad don't ever worry about spoilers being too much for this site.  The main purpose here is to figure out everything that happens in the race.  The when, the where and the how.  We want every detour, roadblock known before the episode aired.  We want to know where they are located and the order of the teams doing it.

We want to know where the teams have travelled and any special locations they go for route markers.

We are greedy, we want it all.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #736 on: December 17, 2006, 01:43:14 PM »
More from Babalu --posted at Sucks--

Regarding the "fake names" used on the flight:

My guess is that the teams have to show their passports, so the airline has the correct name but that the producers arrange to have the tickets issued under an alias so that anyone checking a passenger list wouldn't know that teams were on it.

One possibly interesting detail from my sister is that one of the mysterious Ryan/Peter (I forget which one) ordered a vegetarian meal. At first, the flight crew couldn't find it, but then my sister asked Ryan/Peter, "Was it under the name of Sevy/Seby?" (something like that - she said the name was hand-written and she couldn't tell), and he looked at her all shocked-like and said "yes." Whoever it was ended up eating the meal with shrimp, so don't go by vegetarianism as your clue, but if that name means anything to anyone, that might be another hint. She still says he looked really familiar - tall, thin, glasses, maybe smart/quiet, slightly nerdy. And she doesn't think it was Ian from Survivor 'cause I asked.

Okay everybody--who could this be? Someone in production probably wouldn't be shocked at being "outed"--maybe a former racer? There were lots of rumors early on about cameos...Seby...hmmmm...did we have a Shelby?  A Stevie? With a description to go on--I know one of you will figure it out! Sadly, I have to go finish shopping! :cmas5

What we really need is a list of all the teams last names so we can play "sounds like"....anybody know where to find that?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 01:47:31 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #737 on: December 17, 2006, 02:06:40 PM »
"Was it under the name of Sevy/Seby?"

Wil of Wil/Tara --his last name is Steger---am I grasping here? :cmaslol

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 02:18:57 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #738 on: December 17, 2006, 02:38:49 PM »
I don'y know what it means peach but you can look through The Amazing Race 10
Show Description, Cast & Crew
and I pulled up a camara person Scott Shelly   :cmas5
Also there is a Peter Jones as well as a Peter Wong and Peter Rieveschl :cmaslol

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #739 on: December 17, 2006, 04:20:19 PM »
We do know teams are given (or make up) fake travellig names.

In season Nine we get the first mention of this when Jeremy says they should have booked taxi's with their fake anmes.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #740 on: December 17, 2006, 04:46:42 PM »
We do know teams are given (or make up) fake travellig names.

In season Nine we get the first mention of this when Jeremy says they should have booked taxi's with their fake anmes.

No Jeremy meant people should have made up names so racers coulnt cancel taxis.  Usually at airports teams do this so people cant check what flight people get on. Thus Rob and Brennan useing middle names in AR1 so FM didnt know what flight to take.  I dont think teams are given fake names.  Also DK asked for the Taxi to take the two blonde girls, not DK, this way noone could cancel the cab becuase they wouldnt know the name.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #741 on: December 17, 2006, 06:00:23 PM »
No Jeremy specifically said they should have used their "fake" names.

Not they should have used fake names.

As for teams using discriptions that's the way you have to go, to many teams have taken or tried to take cabs by saying yes thats me, when the cab has asked are you John Doe.

I belieive the fact anames are used in things like the hotel stays before the race begins, and things like that.

Otherwise it would be much easier to findout in advance who is who when you are waiting for the race to start.

AS for actually once the race starts, yeah they use their real names for travelling because well thats really required now days with travel restrictions and security.

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #742 on: December 17, 2006, 08:31:57 PM »
Were the camera guys intimidating? The guy from Argentina seemed to think so! I'll bet they were NOT happy to see you--although I've been a little surprised that there haven't been even more sightings given the higher profile of some of the teams this season. And eavesdropping is in all the best Detective traditions!

Is it okay to pick your brain a little bit? I know you said they came from Poland--did you hear of any more ideas about where/what they were doing there?
Andof course we'd love to know any more you can share.... Since Uchenna/Joyce have been confirmed on the Guam flight, can you say now that they were the 5th team?

Hehe.. to answer your question, the crew members actually were quite intimidating, but since they were filming at a public place, they can't really do much about it. I was also under the impression that the racers aren't allowed to chit chat with the public (unless they too were on camera) for some reason but I could be wrong.. although i did manage to shout out "Good luck" and "I'm a fan!" while Mirna was at the bottom of the staircase :) (what right minded fan, wouldn't?)

I wasn't alone at this route marker.. so that would explain some of the pictures were at the bottom of the staircase, the top, and at the entrance.

As for the fifth team, i honestly can't 100% vouch that the fifth team is Ucheynna/Joyce. Sorry, not that I don't want to, but I just don't know for sure.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #743 on: December 17, 2006, 09:26:43 PM »
Listen, you did such an amazing job of figuring out where they were going to be, staking out the site at the right time, and getting us such fabulous pictures that we're all so impressed! Maybe later you can tell us how you managed all that!  But you may have done too good of a job...now we think you should be able to tell us every detail of the legs before and after too--heeee....!

Was there any info about the teams and the filming in the local news there? Or since that is such a busy tourist area did the camera crews just blend in?

And do you want to speculate on where you would have sent teams for a Roadblock? I thought maybe they would have done some climbing in Dark Cave but guess not...

Thanks again for making our day around here! I would have been doing the fan happy dance too--or saying "Fern for hire! Fern for hire!" I'm so jealous!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #744 on: December 17, 2006, 09:57:04 PM »
mariah2g
(12/17/06 9:51 pm)
Reply   Re: TAR - All-Stars - Official Spoiler Thread - Route
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 TAR All-Stars just made a stop on the U.S. Territory of Guam in the western Pacific. US Air Force officials confirmed that crews were indeed filming on Anderson Air Force Base, which is situated at the northern tip of the island. 

just posted on sucks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #745 on: December 17, 2006, 10:12:30 PM »
Oh boy! Good thing you grabbed that kogs! It has now been edited out...

Confirmed filming is much different from Sequesterville--hope that IS right because I'd love to see TAR on Guam--I love it when they go new places!

So who's got relatives at the Airforce Base?? :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #746 on: December 17, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
Nothing in the news about a film crew, but it might be legit; the kmz is attached anyway.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #747 on: December 17, 2006, 10:23:21 PM »
Nice save Kogs!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #748 on: December 17, 2006, 10:39:16 PM »
Slowhatch--how do I "unzip" a kmz file? I think you might have told me how before--but guess that got lost in my hard drive crash! I am still figuring out what went missing... :cmas5
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #749 on: December 17, 2006, 10:55:22 PM »
Open it or save it to your desktop Peach. Maybe you have to reinstall GE?